Re: what does "LL" mean in rankings

Message has been deleted

not bob

Aug 17, 2009, 12:37:23 PM8/17/09
LL = Lucky Loser (lost in the last round of qualifying, and is placed
in the main draw when a main draw player withdraws).

Javier Gonzalez

Aug 17, 2009, 12:39:14 PM8/17/09
"\"Mike\"" <m...@privacy.net> wrote:
> "WC" is wildcard, what does LL mean? Thanks!

LL is "lucky loser", AFAIK. Meaning "guy who didn't make the cut on the
qualies, but gets in because someone on the main draw withdrew".

Sakari Lund

Aug 17, 2009, 1:32:24 PM8/17/09

Although neither WC nor LL appear in the rankings, as the OP says, but
in the draws.

Javier Gonzalez

Aug 17, 2009, 2:08:22 PM8/17/09

Yup, but no sense getting worked over that. No wait, we just did! :D

bob

Aug 17, 2009, 6:27:03 PM8/17/09
"not bob" <dbrow...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> LL = Lucky Loser (lost in the last round of qualifying, and is placed
> in the main draw when a main draw player withdraws).

i figured you'd be the first to explain lucky loser.
Flush!

bob

RzR

Aug 18, 2009, 4:09:53 AM8/18/09
"Mike" wrote:
> "WC" is wildcard, what does LL mean? Thanks!

lucky loser cool J?

Message has been deleted

not bob

Aug 18, 2009, 10:00:22 AM8/18/09
On Aug 18, 6:21 am, "\"Mike\"" <m...@privacy.net> wrote:
> Following up to not bob

> > LL = Lucky Loser (lost in the last round of qualifying, and is placed
> > in the main draw when a main draw player withdraws).
>
> thanks!
> --
> Mike

Sure thing, Mike.

pltr...@spamlessxhost.org

Aug 18, 2009, 11:36:56 AM8/18/09
On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 17:36:10 +0100, "\"Mike\"" <m...@privacy.net> wrote:

>"WC" is wildcard, what does LL mean? Thanks!

Those are my initials. It means I personally approved the selection.

-- Larry (L.)