Leslie Visser

lin...@cisnet.org

Apr 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/6/98

Does anyone know what the story is with Leslie Visser's hair? This seems to
be a recurring situation. Does she do the "disheveled hair on camera" thing
on purpose?

mike

Apr 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/6/98

lin...@cisnet.org wrote:

> Does anyone know what the story is with Leslie Visser's hair? This seems to
> be a recurring situation. Does she do the "disheveled hair on camera" thing
> on purpose?

Yes, it's the "I just stuck my finger in an electrical outlet" look. It's quite
becoming - especially when used with the crackling voice.

Mike

ado...@hotmail.com

Apr 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/6/98

I think her "reporting" style is great for basketball or football but really
bad for figure skating. She talks so LOUD. She doesn't seem to get the fact
that it's not as noisy as a football game.

I guess she doesn't listen to stylists when it comes to her hair.

Doodle Lady

MCleoMarie

Apr 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/7/98

>Does anyone know what the story is with Leslie Visser's hair?

Her hair doesn't bother me half as much as her eyebrows!!! Yikes!!!

Suzanne

Apr 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/7/98

I was told that she had a jogging accident where she fell and suffered severe
road rash on her face, causing permanent scars. Plastic surgery didn't totally
mask the scars, so she styles her hair like that in an attempt to hide them. Can
anyone confirm this?

Suzanne

Ann Reed

Apr 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/8/98

Isn't it time we focussed our comments on her reporting skills rather
than her hair? (I know that comes up, too, from time to time, but not
nearly as often. Compare the ratio of hair:reporting marks for Button
or Hamilton (remember Scott's beard? the buzz wouldn't have lasted
years if he'd kept it. Nobody cares about essentially the same beard
choice on Button. (fwiw, I liked both looks on Scott, and like the beard
on Button)). Even Howard Cosell, Sam Donaldson and Marv Albert, to pick
on US newsmen with notoriously bad hair and average-at-best looks, get a
higher substance:toupee comment ratio than Leslie gets a substance:hair
comment ratio. So she's not Claudia Schiffer (or Peggy Fleming or
Hannah Storm), but I'd like to think that's not what she's been hired
for.

We drive the networks' choices, after all; if it's really the hair that
we care about we can (actually, whether we like it or not, we will)
force her to obsess about fixing that to keep her job; but if it's her
commentary and interviewing skills we care about, let's let her, and the
network, know that that's what we'd like to see her focus on and how
we'd like to see those skills improve (and that we'd like to see future
reporters chosen on merit rather than primarily for looks). I, for one,
think she and her handlers can look at the tapes and decide how much
further effort fine-tuning her appearance is worth. Perhaps she's just
not willing to spend hours in public at the rink with network helmet
hair worth of a Stepford Wife -- you know what looks good on camera
often looks grotesque in real life (example: I one day saw Wolf Blitzer
in front of the White House in full tv make-up for a CNN report and
actually mistook him for a cardboard cutout! yikes).

-- Ann.

TReed028

Apr 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/8/98

>Does anyone know what the story is with Leslie Visser's hair? This seems to
>be a recurring situation. Does she do the "disheveled hair on camera" thing
>on purpose?

Good golly, I hope she doesn't do it on purpose. <G> The thing that bothers me
most is when she has a HUGE hole in the back. Doesn't she use a mirror to
check that out?

Anyway, surely we aren't the only ones who have noticed her hair problems. You
would think that if the network has received numerous complaints/comments
regarding her lack of hairstyle, they would send her for a make-over.

I'm not saying that Visser will show up looking like Cindy Crawford, but she's
really not an ugly woman and she could look much better. She needs to get a
new haircut and stop painting on those horrid eyebrows. I spend so much time
wondering what on earth she was thinking when she looked in the mirror that I
lose a lot of what she says.

Tracy

Snake142

Apr 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/12/98

>Does anyone know what the story is with Leslie Visser's hair?

You are being too critical of Mrs.Visser. She is very pretty. She has nice
vulptious lips, and wears a sexy ruby red shade of lipstick that accentuates
this good feature.

Jusandra

Apr 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/12/98

Snake142 wrote:

How did you notice her lips? All I can see is her hair! <g>

Jenny

Miles Humphrey

Apr 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/12/98

Her hair is a running joke with my family

In <199804121759...@ladder03.news.aol.com> snak...@aol.com

Shushun0va

Apr 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/13/98

In article <199804121759...@ladder03.news.aol.com>, snak...@aol.com
(Snake142) writes:

> You are being too critical of Mrs.Visser. She is very pretty. She has nice
>vulptious lips, and wears a sexy ruby red shade of lipstick that accentuates
>this good feature.

Haha, this has got to be one of the funniest posts in this newsgroup
I have read. LOL, I've never noticed her lips since there's so much other
stuff to notice instead.

Jam
The Alexei Yagudin Tribute
http://members.aol.com/Shushun0va/yag.html

Miles Humphrey

Apr 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/13/98

She has to do it on purpose - to stand out. She has to work hard to
make her hair look that bad!