WTF????!!! (SPOILER NAME HERE) To Become New Fourth Member of the FF??

Jason Todd

Feb 10, 2011, 8:10:58 PM2/10/11
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/09/spider-man-fantastic-four-future-foundation_n_821052.html

SPOILER SPACE

Darth Vader is Luke's Father
Bruce Willis is Dead
Soylent Green Is People
And Rosebud Was The Sled

..
.
So....the MU's most solitary Super-Hero is now a member of the both
the Avengers AND the ...Future Foundation? Why not just stick
Wolverine in there too??

Jason

Crapgame13

Feb 10, 2011, 8:24:46 PM2/10/11
On Feb 10, 5:10 pm, Jason Todd <janklowic...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/09/spider-man-fantastic-four-fu...

> the Avengers AND the ...Future Foundation?  Why not just stick
> Wolverine in there too??
>
> Jason

that's how they cross market. HAve a team, stick Spidey or Wolverine
in it. Profit.

If DC has a struggling book, Batman shows up

grinningdemon

Feb 10, 2011, 8:31:55 PM2/10/11
On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 17:24:46 -0800 (PST), Crapgame13
<crapg...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Feb 10, 5:10�pm, Jason Todd <janklowic...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/09/spider-man-fantastic-four-fu...
>
>> the Avengers AND the ...Future Foundation? �Why not just stick
>> Wolverine in there too??
>>
>> Jason
>
>that's how they cross market. HAve a team, stick Spidey or Wolverine
>in it. Profit.

I am actually a little surprised it's not Wolverine...it would make no
sense but they obviously don't care about that.

>If DC has a struggling book, Batman shows up

Not as much these days since Batman has only just returned after being
"dead" for over a year.

Jason Todd

Feb 10, 2011, 8:42:24 PM2/10/11
On Feb 10, 8:31 pm, grinningdemon <grinningde...@austin.rr.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 17:24:46 -0800 (PST), Crapgame13
>
> <crapgam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Feb 10, 5:10 pm, Jason Todd <janklowic...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >>http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/09/spider-man-fantastic-four-fu...
>
> >> the Avengers AND the ...Future Foundation? Why not just stick
> >> Wolverine in there too??
>
> >> Jason
>
> >that's how they cross market.  HAve a team, stick Spidey or Wolverine
> >in it.  Profit.
>
> I am actually a little surprised it's not Wolverine...it would make no
> sense but they obviously don't care about that.
>
> >If DC has a struggling book, Batman shows up

.

> Not as much these days since Batman has only just returned after being
> "dead" for over a year.

But he now has 52 different books. Problem solved!

Jason

syvyn11

Feb 10, 2011, 8:54:24 PM2/10/11
On Feb 10, 8:31 pm, grinningdemon <grinningde...@austin.rr.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 17:24:46 -0800 (PST), Crapgame13

Bruce has only been in two books other than "Batman" books the past
few months. Brightest Day and Birds of Prey. But I could be wrong.

syvyn11

Feb 10, 2011, 8:59:46 PM2/10/11

Jason, don't over exaggerate.

Bruce is in three monthlies, Dark Knight, Inc. and Superman/Batman.
Dick is in 5: JLA, Batman, Dec, Batman and Robin, streets of Gotham
Damian is in 4 : Teen Titans, Batman and BaR, SoG.
then you have Red Robin, Gotham City Sirens, Batgirl, Batwoman and
Birds of Prey.

So there are 14 bat books in a month (of course not counting minis and
one shots)

rwa2play, The Northern Lariat

Feb 10, 2011, 9:29:20 PM2/10/11

Besides, Spidey's been pretty much a part of the FF off and on for years.

--
rwa2play, The Northern Lariat
Knockouts rule, Divas drool.

"You tell me it's the institution
Well you know
You better free your mind instead." -- John Lennon, Revolution 1.

grinningdemon

Feb 10, 2011, 9:52:24 PM2/10/11

Half of those aren't him.

grinningdemon

Feb 10, 2011, 9:56:15 PM2/10/11
On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 21:29:20 -0500, "rwa2play, The Northern Lariat"
<rwa2...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 2/10/2011 8:24 PM, Crapgame13 wrote:
>> On Feb 10, 5:10 pm, Jason Todd<janklowic...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/09/spider-man-fantastic-four-fu...
>>> the Avengers AND the ...Future Foundation? Why not just stick
>>> Wolverine in there too??
>>>
>>> Jason
>> that's how they cross market. HAve a team, stick Spidey or Wolverine
>> in it. Profit.
>>
>> If DC has a struggling book, Batman shows up
>
>Besides, Spidey's been pretty much a part of the FF off and on for years.

Over-exaggerate much? If the occasional guest appearance qualifies as
being a member of a team then Spiderman has been a member of nearly
every team Marvel has ever had.

YKW

Feb 10, 2011, 9:58:15 PM2/10/11
Jason Todd <janklo...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:d8e864e7-fdf3-48e4-
9d5a-0ab...@a28g2000vbo.googlegroups.com:

> the MU's most solitary Super-Hero

Other than his association with the New Warriors. And the Secret
Defenders. And a close relationship with the FF that goes back to trying
to join in a) the first issue of his solo title and b) his second
appearance =anywhere=. And, oh yeah, a decade and a half headlining a
title the point of which was to show him working with one or more other
heroes EVERY FREAKING MONTH.

So, besides that, "the MU's most solitary Super-Hero".

--
------------------- ------------------------------------------------
|| E-mail: ykw2006 ||"The mystery of government is not how Washington||

-- The One, 14 Oct 08

rwa2play, The Northern Lariat

Feb 10, 2011, 10:15:14 PM2/10/11

My bad; what I meant to say was that Spidey's interacted with the FF for
many years now. So it seems like a natural fit that he would be involved
with them at some level.

--
rwa2play, The Northern Lariat

Barely functional, partially reasonable and totally lazy.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike
your Christ. -- Ghandi
A forced faith is a hypocrisy hateful to God and man. -- Henry Manning

Michael

Feb 10, 2011, 10:37:46 PM2/10/11

Not even a mention that he gets another new costume (just for that book
I'd expect, but still)?

Michael

grinningdemon

Feb 10, 2011, 10:41:23 PM2/10/11
On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 02:58:15 GMT, YKW <Y...@YKW.YKW> wrote:

>Jason Todd <janklo...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:d8e864e7-fdf3-48e4-
>9d5a-0ab...@a28g2000vbo.googlegroups.com:
>
>> the MU's most solitary Super-Hero
>
>Other than his association with the New Warriors. And the Secret
>Defenders. And a close relationship with the FF that goes back to trying
>to join in a) the first issue of his solo title and b) his second
>appearance =anywhere=. And, oh yeah, a decade and a half headlining a
>title the point of which was to show him working with one or more other
>heroes EVERY FREAKING MONTH.
>
>So, besides that, "the MU's most solitary Super-Hero".

That's definitely a bad phrase to describe him...but he's not a team
player...never was...random team-ups (even on the scale of Marvel Team
Up) and joining an ongoing team is very different...it doesn't suit
the character...Stan Lee doesn't think so and neither do I...and, as
I've mentioned in another post, any use of Spiderman at this point
brings along with it the stink of Brand New Day...bringing down
another book with this crap is not a good idea at all.

grinningdemon

Feb 10, 2011, 10:43:50 PM2/10/11
On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 22:15:14 -0500, "rwa2play, The Northern Lariat"
<rwa2...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 2/10/2011 9:56 PM, grinningdemon wrote:
>> On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 21:29:20 -0500, "rwa2play, The Northern Lariat"
>> <rwa2...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Besides, Spidey's been pretty much a part of the FF off and on for years.
>> Over-exaggerate much? If the occasional guest appearance qualifies as
>> being a member of a team then Spiderman has been a member of nearly
>> every team Marvel has ever had.
>
>My bad; what I meant to say was that Spidey's interacted with the FF for
>many years now. So it seems like a natural fit that he would be involved
>with them at some level.

Again, he's interacted with every Marvel team for many years now...it
doesn't make him a natural fit for any of them...and the FF isn't just
a team...it's a family...which is why almost none of the various
substitutions over the years have worked.

Acolyte of Glorious La Parka~, Accompanied By Lady Gaga

Feb 10, 2011, 11:08:10 PM2/10/11

"rwa2play, The Northern Lariat" <rwa2...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On 2/10/2011 8:24 PM, Crapgame13 wrote:
>> On Feb 10, 5:10 pm, Jason Todd<janklowic...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> <<<LIEberal propaganda site deleted>>>

>>> the Avengers AND the ...Future Foundation? Why not just stick
>>> Wolverine in there too??
>>>
>>> Jason
>> that's how they cross market. HAve a team, stick Spidey or Wolverine
>> in it. Profit.
>>
>> If DC has a struggling book, Batman shows up
>
> Besides, Spidey's been pretty much a part of the FF off and on for years.

In fact, in the first issue of Spidey's regular book (Amazing Spider-Man
#1), he tried to join the F.F..

He rescinded the offer when the F.F. informed him they don't get paid for
their 'super-heroing'.

Besides, what does this all really matter? We all know Johnny Storm will be
back in an overpriced "Return Of The Human Torch!!! Special Issue!!!" down
the road ANYWAY.

--

--Acolyte of Glorious La Parka~---Holy Shite, RWA & I actually AGREE on
something? Hell must have frozen over.

Michael

Feb 10, 2011, 11:09:23 PM2/10/11
grinningdemon wrote:

On the bright side, I suppose they could always undo everything since
BND by undoing the undo and restoring the Peter/MJ marriage.

Michael

David E. Powell

Feb 11, 2011, 1:02:48 AM2/11/11

Do something crazy and have it be the Punisher to help them get
revenge....

Anim8rFSK

Feb 11, 2011, 1:05:36 AM2/11/11
In article <ij2cnd$553$1...@speranza.aioe.org>,
<tit...@naplesnet.com> wrote:

> "rwa2play, The Northern Lariat" <rwa2...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >> that's how they cross market. HAve a team, stick Spidey or Wolverine
> >> in it. Profit.
> >>
> >> If DC has a struggling book, Batman shows up
> >
> > Besides, Spidey's been pretty much a part of the FF off and on for years.
>

> In fact, in the first issue of Spidey's regular book (Amazing Spider-Man
> #1), he tried to join the F.F..
>

> He rescinded the offer when the F.F. informed him they don't get paid for
> their 'super-heroing'.

Which Reed later remedied by giving them all millions ...

--
"Please, I can't die, I've never kissed an Asian woman!"
Shego on "Shat My Dad Says"

Ken from Chicago

Feb 11, 2011, 4:03:36 AM2/11/11

"Jason Todd" <janklo...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Um, hasn't Wolverine ALREADY been a member of the FF?

Also "solitary"? What title HASN'T Spider-Man showed up in?

-- Ken from Chicago

Ken from Chicago

Feb 11, 2011, 4:04:48 AM2/11/11

"Anim8rFSK" <ANIM...@cox.net> wrote in message

Wasn't that Stark's solution in the Avengers in the mid '00s?

-- Ken from Chicago

Duggy

Feb 11, 2011, 4:10:23 AM2/11/11
> SPOILER SPACE
>
> Darth Vader is Luke's Father
> Bruce Willis is Dead
> Soylent Green Is People
> And Rosebud Was The Sled
>
> ..
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> So....the MU's most solitary Super-Hero is now a member of the both
> the Avengers AND the ...Future Foundation?  Why not just stick
> Wolverine in there too??

Why the spoiler space?

===
= DUG.
===

Jason Todd

Feb 11, 2011, 5:50:45 AM2/11/11
On Feb 10, 10:41 pm, grinningdemon <grinningde...@austin.rr.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 02:58:15 GMT, YKW <Y...@YKW.YKW> wrote:
> >Jason Todd <janklowic...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:d8e864e7-fdf3-48e4-
> >9d5a-0abeec6a4...@a28g2000vbo.googlegroups.com:

> >> the MU's most solitary Super-Hero
>
> >Other than his association with the New Warriors. And the Secret
> >Defenders. And a close relationship with the FF that goes back to trying
> >to join in a) the first issue of his solo title and b) his second
> >appearance =anywhere=. And, oh yeah, a decade and a half headlining a
> >title the point of which was to show him working with one or more other
> >heroes EVERY FREAKING MONTH.
>
> >So, besides that, "the MU's most solitary Super-Hero".
>
> That's definitely a bad phrase to describe him...but he's not a team
> player...never was...random team-ups (even on the scale of Marvel Team
> Up) and joining an ongoing team is very different...it doesn't suit
> the character...Stan Lee doesn't think so and neither do I...and, as
> I've mentioned in another post, any use of Spiderman at this point
> brings along with it the stink of Brand New Day...bringing down
> another book with this crap is not a good idea at all.

Yes, that's what I meant. He has never been a 'commitment' guy. Yes,
he's tried to join the FF and the Avengers, (both times for the $$
$) But until Bendis, never thought about a permanent team up with
anyone just for the sake of heroing.

Jason

Jason Todd

Feb 11, 2011, 5:53:21 AM2/11/11

I just realized RACMU had already posted this.

syvyn11

Feb 11, 2011, 6:12:07 AM2/11/11
On Feb 11, 4:03 am, "Ken from Chicago" <kwicker1b_nos...@comcast.net>
wrote:
> "Jason Todd" <janklowic...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Yes, in the late 80s. The regular FF was missing (don't remember
where Torch and Thing were, but Mr Fantastic and Invisible Woman were
with the Avengers at that time). So there was a FF consisting of
Spidey, Wolvie, Ghost Rider (?) and the Gray Hulk (as Mr. Fixit).

YKW

Feb 11, 2011, 10:47:46 AM2/11/11
grinningdemon <grinni...@austin.rr.com> wrote in

> Again, he's interacted with every Marvel team for many years now...it
> doesn't make him a natural fit for any of them...and the FF isn't just
> a team...it's a family...which is why almost none of the various
> substitutions over the years have worked.

Other than Luke Cage, though, pretty much all of the subs have =become=
part of the extended family. Hell, even the =family= of the subs are
extended FF family (there's a reason Cassie Lang still refers to the
Invisible Woman as "Aunt Sue", even though their daily interaction was
half her life ago, and not for all that long even within her own short
life's context).

Queen Medusa accepts condolences on her husband's "passing" from only one
human: Reed Richards. Jen Walters has one close living female friend: Sue
Richards. Even Franklin's onetime babysitter, when confronted with an
issue the X-Club can't handle, turns first not to the MU's leading
bioscientist (Hank Pym) or even its leading =mutant= bioscientist (Hank
McCoy), but to Franklin's dad (despite his passive role in her troubles
in the first place).

They're not only a real family, but they project "family" to everyone
around them. That's why the subs (again, aside from Mr. Where's My Money,
Honey?) =have= worked, and why the nods to those relationships over the
decades haven't ever rung false.

YKW

Feb 11, 2011, 10:49:43 AM2/11/11
syvyn11 <robhor...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:ba63f7f8-da70-4b89-b545-
b5a2e7...@w7g2000pre.googlegroups.com:

> Yes, in the late 80s. The regular FF was missing (don't remember
> where Torch and Thing were, but Mr Fantastic and Invisible Woman were
> with the Avengers at that time). So there was a FF consisting of
> Spidey, Wolvie, Ghost Rider (?) and the Gray Hulk (as Mr. Fixit).

'Twas a bit later, when the original Four were back together again and
held prisoner by the Mole Man (or the Moloids, or some combination of
MM's monster squadrons).

Wouter Valentijn

Feb 11, 2011, 2:38:54 PM2/11/11
YKW wrote:
> syvyn11 <robhor...@yahoo.com> wrote in
> b5a2e7...@w7g2000pre.googlegroups.com:
>
>> Yes, in the late 80s. The regular FF was missing (don't remember
>> where Torch and Thing were, but Mr Fantastic and Invisible Woman were
>> with the Avengers at that time). So there was a FF consisting of
>> Spidey, Wolvie, Ghost Rider (?) and the Gray Hulk (as Mr. Fixit).

Indeed.
No need for the (?), you got it right.

> 'Twas a bit later, when the original Four were back together again and
> held prisoner by the Mole Man (or the Moloids, or some combination of
> MM's monster squadrons).

The ALL new, ALL different Fantastic Four. :-)

<snip>

--
Wouter Valentijn www.j3v.net

http://www.nksf.scifics.com/startrek.html

http://www.zeppodunsel.blogspot.com/ (NKSF TV Tips Blog)

Giles: "I'd like to test that theory."
'Buffy the Vampire Slayer 6x21: Two To Go.'

liam=mail

iarwain

Feb 11, 2011, 3:44:37 PM2/11/11
>So there was a FF consisting of Spidey, Wolvie, Ghost Rider (?) and the Gray Hulk (as Mr. Fixit).

That was an idea that went nowhere.
Thankfully.

grinningdemon

Feb 11, 2011, 8:23:20 PM2/11/11

Yes and no...he was a temp member with that really odd line up
considered the "new FF" that showed up for a few issues near the end
of Walt Simonson's run on the book...I believe the other members were
Hulk, Spidey, and Ghost Rider...but I could be wrong.

grinningdemon

Feb 11, 2011, 8:28:29 PM2/11/11
On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 15:47:46 GMT, YKW <Y...@YKW.YKW> wrote:

>grinningdemon <grinni...@austin.rr.com> wrote in
>
>> Again, he's interacted with every Marvel team for many years now...it
>> doesn't make him a natural fit for any of them...and the FF isn't just
>> a team...it's a family...which is why almost none of the various
>> substitutions over the years have worked.
>
>Other than Luke Cage, though, pretty much all of the subs have =become=
>part of the extended family. Hell, even the =family= of the subs are
>extended FF family (there's a reason Cassie Lang still refers to the
>Invisible Woman as "Aunt Sue", even though their daily interaction was
>half her life ago, and not for all that long even within her own short
>life's context).
>
>Queen Medusa accepts condolences on her husband's "passing" from only one
>human: Reed Richards. Jen Walters has one close living female friend: Sue
>Richards. Even Franklin's onetime babysitter, when confronted with an
>issue the X-Club can't handle, turns first not to the MU's leading
>bioscientist (Hank Pym) or even its leading =mutant= bioscientist (Hank
>McCoy), but to Franklin's dad (despite his passive role in her troubles
>in the first place).
>
>They're not only a real family, but they project "family" to everyone
>around them. That's why the subs (again, aside from Mr. Where's My Money,
>Honey?) =have= worked, and why the nods to those relationships over the
>decades haven't ever rung false.

As I've said, I don't think any of them worked by She Hulk...I do
agree with your assessment that the rest have joined the "extended
family", so to speak...but that has less to do with who was a
replacement and more to do with where most of those characters first
appeared...the Inhumans, Silver Surfer...even Black Panther, to an
extent, all made their first appearances in FF.

grinningdemon

Feb 11, 2011, 8:30:56 PM2/11/11

Just wait until Bendis eventually takes over the title...he'll have
Sue go mad and kill Reed and then shove a load of random characters
that have no business working together into the book...most likely
lead by Luke Cage...because of Bendis' man-crush.

Ken from Chicago

Feb 12, 2011, 4:27:07 AM2/12/11

"grinningdemon" <grinni...@austin.rr.com> wrote in message

Spider-Man, Daredevil, Luke Cage and Iron Fist, because Bendis prefers
"street" / neighborhood heroes.

-- Ken from Chicago

David E. Powell

Feb 12, 2011, 11:43:36 AM2/12/11
I still think, as a very casual Comic Book observer that they
should....

.... get the Punisher, who says he is the one man who can help them
get revenge for that death.

Ken from Chicago

Feb 12, 2011, 1:45:58 PM2/12/11

"David E. Powell" <David_Po...@msn.com> wrote in message

He doesn't seem like a team player--at least around the non-killer types.

For him, it would have to be Punisher, Cable, Bishop and Domino.

-- Ken from Chicago

-- Ken from Chicago

The Tuber

Feb 12, 2011, 9:55:18 PM2/12/11
Has anyone here mentioned She-Hulk yet? I kinda liked it when they cast her
as part of the team.

grinningdemon

Feb 13, 2011, 12:37:51 AM2/13/11

I have indeed mentioned her...in my opinion, she is the only FF
substitute that ever really worked.

Wouter Valentijn

Feb 13, 2011, 2:05:24 PM2/13/11
The Tuber wrote:
> Has anyone here mentioned She-Hulk yet? I kinda liked it when they
> cast her as part of the team.

Even better as when she was with the Avengers.
Liked Medusa also. When I first read FF comics it was with Medusa as the
female member and they faced off against the nucleair man. Makhizmo (sp?)

William George Ferguson

Feb 14, 2011, 3:13:03 PM2/14/11
On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 23:08:10 -0500, "Acolyte of Glorious La Parka~,

Accompanied By Lady Gaga" <tit...@naplesnet.com> wrote:

>"rwa2play, The Northern Lariat" <rwa2...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> that's how they cross market. HAve a team, stick Spidey or Wolverine
>>> in it. Profit.
>>>
>>> If DC has a struggling book, Batman shows up
>>
>> Besides, Spidey's been pretty much a part of the FF off and on for years.
>

>In fact, in the first issue of Spidey's regular book (Amazing Spider-Man
>#1), he tried to join the F.F..
>

>He rescinded the offer when the F.F. informed him they don't get paid for
>their 'super-heroing'.
>

>Besides, what does this all really matter? We all know Johnny Storm will be
>back in an overpriced "Return Of The Human Torch!!! Special Issue!!!" down
>the road ANYWAY.

Issue?
Issue??

Shirley you jest.

Now if you had said 'company-wide mega-crossover event', it would have made
more sense.

--
"Oh Buffy, you really do need to have
every square inch of your ass kicked."