30 Marines pwn 250 Taliban

Fredo Baggins

Nov 27, 2008, 2:05:50 AM11/27/08
Marine Makes Insurgents Pay the Price
November 18, 2008
Marine Corps News|by Cpl. James M. Mercure

FARAH PROVINCE, Afghanistan - In the city of Shewan, approximately 250
insurgents ambushed 30 Marines and paid a heavy price for it.

Shewan has historically been a safe haven for insurgents, who used to
plan and stage attacks against Coalition Forces in the Bala Baluk
district.

The city is home to several major insurgent leaders. Reports indicate
that more than 250 full time fighters reside in the city and in the
surrounding villages.

Shewan had been a thorn in the side of Task Force 2d Battalion, 7th
Marine Regiment, Special Purpose Marine Air Ground Task Force
Afghanistan throughout the Marines’ deployment here in support of
Operation Enduring Freedom, because it controls an important supply
route into the Bala Baluk district. Opening the route was key to
continuing combat operations in the area.

"The day started out with a 10-kilometer patrol with elements mounted
and dismounted, so by the time we got to Shewan, we were pretty beat,"
said a designated marksman who requested to remain unidentified. "Our
vehicles came under a barrage of enemy RPGs (rocket propelled grenades)
and machine gun fire. One of our ‘humvees’ was disabled from RPG fire,
and the Marines inside dismounted and laid down suppression fire so they
could evacuate a Marine who was knocked unconscious from the blast."

The vicious attack that left the humvee destroyed and several of the
Marines pinned down in the kill zone sparked an intense eight-hour
battle as the platoon desperately fought to recover their comrades.
After recovering the Marines trapped in the kill zone, another platoon
sergeant personally led numerous attacks on enemy fortified positions
while the platoon fought house to house and trench to trench in order to
clear through the enemy ambush site.

"The biggest thing to take from that day is what Marines can accomplish
when they’re given the opportunity to fight," the sniper said. "A small
group of Marines met a numerically superior force and embarrassed them
in their own backyard. The insurgents told the townspeople that they
were stronger than the Americans, and that day we showed them they were
wrong."

During the battle, the designated marksman single handedly thwarted a
company-sized enemy RPG and machinegun ambush by reportedly killing 20
enemy fighters with his devastatingly accurate precision fire. He
selflessly exposed himself time and again to intense enemy fire during a
critical point in the eight-hour battle for Shewan in order to kill any
enemy combatants who attempted to engage or maneuver on the Marines in
the kill zone. What made his actions even more impressive was the fact
that he didn’t miss any shots, despite the enemies’ rounds impacting
within a foot of his fighting position.

"I was in my own little world," the young corporal said. "I wasn’t even
aware of a lot of the rounds impacting near my position, because I was
concentrating so hard on making sure my rounds were on target."

After calling for close-air support, the small group of Marines pushed
forward and broke the enemies’ spirit as many of them dropped their
weapons and fled the battlefield. At the end of the battle, the Marines
had reduced an enemy stronghold, killed more than 50 insurgents and
wounded several more.

"I didn’t realize how many bad guys there were until we had broken
through the enemies’ lines and forced them to retreat. It was roughly
250 insurgents against 30 of us," the corporal said. "It was a good day
for the Marine Corps. We killed a lot of bad guys, and none of our guys
were seriously injured."

http://www.military.com/news/article/marine-corps-news/marine-makes-
insurgents-pay-the-price.html

Lord Gow333, Jeff Jarrett's number 238823454 fan!

Nov 27, 2008, 5:24:30 AM11/27/08

"Fredo Baggins" <ims...@the.shire> wrote in message

Beautiful!

LG
--
"The United States is like a giant boiler. When the fire is finally lighted
under it, there is no limit to the power it can generate." - Winston

MoParMaN

Nov 27, 2008, 9:15:38 AM11/27/08

"Fredo Baggins" <ims...@the.shire> wrote in message

Die Arab Bastards Die! They would killed all of them if the had had at least
one Texan with them.

--
----------MoParMan----------
--SCUD Coordinates 32.61204 North, 96.92989 West—

http://www.vroc.org/view_profile.php?user_id=32113

TEDWARD Said:

Eggs are really good for you. They have the nutrition needed to make a
chicken!

Kevin Cunningham

Nov 27, 2008, 10:12:23 AM11/27/08
On Nov 27, 9:15 am, "MoParMaN" <scott.hendryx.clot...@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:
> "Fredo Baggins" <imsm...@the.shire> wrote in message

But of course none of you ever served or ever will. Chicken hawks.
Cowards.

E. F. Hokie

Nov 27, 2008, 10:24:20 AM11/27/08
On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 07:12:23 -0800 (PST), Kevin Cunningham wrote...

> > Die Arab Bastards Die! They would killed all of them if the had had at least
> > one Texan with them.

> But of course none of you ever served or ever will. Chicken hawks.
> Cowards.

Actually, I know for a fact that Scott ("MoParMan") served for quite a
while. I did, as well, in Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Neither of these facts has anything to do with applauding the actions of
our forces currently in action, but you brought it up, so I thought you
should know that you were talking out of your backside.

--
E.F. Hokie

"To those who have fought for it,
freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."

rwa2play, The Northern Lariat

Nov 27, 2008, 10:39:18 AM11/27/08

See Gow, I have NO problems here because a) it's Afghanistan and b) it's
the Marines, and they're psychos. :-)

--
rwa2play, The Northern Lariat
Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Before God we are all equally wise -- and equally foolish. -- Albert
Einstein.

deem...@aol.com

Nov 27, 2008, 10:53:55 AM11/27/08
On Nov 27, 10:24 am, E. F. Hokie <efho...@nah.nope> wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 07:12:23 -0800 (PST), Kevin Cunningham wrote...
> > > Die Arab Bastards Die! They would killed all of them if the had had at least
> > > one Texan with them.
> > But of course none of you ever served or ever will.  Chicken hawks.
> > Cowards.
>
> Actually, I know for a fact that Scott ("MoParMan") served for quite a
> while.  I did, as well, in Operation Iraqi Freedom.
>
> Neither of these facts has anything to do with applauding the actions of
> our forces currently in action, but you brought it up, so I thought you
> should know that you were talking out of your backside.
>
> --
> E.F. Hokie

Please donut be bringing facts into this hear chatroom.

the Bede

Nov 27, 2008, 11:18:23 AM11/27/08

"E. F. Hokie" <efh...@nah.nope> wrote in message

> On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 07:12:23 -0800 (PST), Kevin Cunningham wrote...
>
>> > Die Arab Bastards Die! They would killed all of them if the had had at
>> > least
>> > one Texan with them.
>
>> But of course none of you ever served or ever will. Chicken hawks.
>> Cowards.
>
> Actually, I know for a fact that Scott ("MoParMan") served for quite a
> while. I did, as well, in Operation Iraqi Freedom.
>
> Neither of these facts has anything to do with applauding the actions of
> our forces currently in action, but you brought it up, so I thought you
> should know that you were talking out of your backside.
>
> --
> E.F. Hokie

your new president is a Sekret Muslim.

haw-haw-haw!

deem...@aol.com

Nov 27, 2008, 11:20:48 AM11/27/08
On Nov 27, 11:18 am, "the Bede" <rspwsowntheb...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "E. F. Hokie" <efho...@nah.nope> wrote in messagenews:MPG.239885b01...@news-europe.giganews.com...

He's half black, too! And he hates apple pie! And Momma! And the
Good Ol' USofA! On January 21, the US will have concentration camps
for 160 million whites! We are so doomed!

Soumay Nonay

Nov 27, 2008, 1:07:07 PM11/27/08
And it is no secret that you're an idiot.

Tentacle Pr0n

Nov 27, 2008, 2:11:32 PM11/27/08

"rwa2play, The Northern Lariat" <rwa2...@gmail.com> wrote in message

No we aren't.

Nemesis

Nov 28, 2008, 10:33:41 AM11/28/08
On Nov 27, 10:24 am, E. F. Hokie <efho...@nah.nope> wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 07:12:23 -0800 (PST), Kevin Cunningham wrote...
> > > Die Arab Bastards Die! They would killed all of them if the had had at least
> > > one Texan with them.
> > But of course none of you ever served or ever will.  Chicken hawks.
> > Cowards.
>
> Actually, I know for a fact that Scott ("MoParMan") served for quite a
> while.  I did, as well, in Operation Iraqi Freedom.
>
> Neither of these facts has anything to do with applauding the actions of
> our forces currently in action, but you brought it up, so I thought you
> should know that you were talking out of your backside.

I can make up stories too.

And we should beleive anything you claim because?

deem...@aol.com

Nov 28, 2008, 10:39:18 AM11/28/08

There was that silly reporter embedded with his track.......

Kevin Cunningham

Nov 28, 2008, 10:39:57 AM11/28/08
On Nov 27, 10:24 am, E. F. Hokie <efho...@nah.nope> wrote:

Yeah, right, I'm gonna believe some one who doesn't use his right
name. You served.....yeah, sure...

Frisbee®

Nov 28, 2008, 11:07:10 AM11/28/08

I saw a picture of him playing ping pong in one of Sadam's palaces.

Edward M. Kennedy

Nov 28, 2008, 12:01:15 PM11/28/08
Without dissing the Marines, the value of complete air superiority cannot
be underestimated.

--Tedward

deem...@aol.com

Nov 28, 2008, 12:06:02 PM11/28/08

True, but it can be vastly overestimated.

Chris Bellomy

Nov 28, 2008, 1:51:00 PM11/28/08
Kevin Cunningham wrote, On 11/28/08 9:39 AM:

OK, I think we need a new fishing term. If you catch a boatload
of fish by posting fact... I need help with this. I came up with
"Jonah fishing", this is somebody else's turn.

Slick, I think you should have the honor.

cb

MountainFramer

Nov 28, 2008, 2:28:02 PM11/28/08

"Kevin Cunningham" <sms...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

Even if the slick hokie isnt my favorite poaster in this here chatroom. U
shouldnt question his love or service of our great country. I have been
reading his poast for a while , and even I can tell he has served. U have
been fished caught and mounted.
HTH.

MountainFramer
Roll Tide.

--
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit,
you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards."

Bobs yer uncle

Nov 28, 2008, 3:12:10 PM11/28/08

Anyone can fake a military career.

E. F. Hokie

Nov 28, 2008, 5:05:43 PM11/28/08
On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 07:33:41 -0800 (PST), Nemesis wrote...

*shrug* I don't really have any particular reason to lie.

E. F. Hokie

Nov 28, 2008, 5:07:13 PM11/28/08
On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 12:51:00 -0600, Chris Bellomy wrote...

Heh.

To be fair, none of those who have replied know me from Adam, so it's
not like their skepticism is unwarranted... though I did say that the
fact that either of us has served has no bearing on the matter at hand.

Ike

Dec 1, 2008, 8:44:48 PM12/1/08

And who's saying it wasn't the Marines supplying the air superiority?

--
Yrs.,

Ike

"Someday they’ll name a town after him and call it Joe, Pa."

Dutch Savage

Dec 1, 2008, 10:23:44 PM12/1/08
"deem...@aol.com" <deem...@aol.com> wrote in

> Please donut be bringing facts into this hear chatroom.

Usenet isn't a "chatroom", dumbfuck.

deem...@aol.com

Dec 1, 2008, 11:07:56 PM12/1/08
On Dec 1, 10:23 pm, Dutch Savage <DutchSavage@coalminersglove> wrote:

> "deemsb...@aol.com" <deemsb...@aol.com> wrote innews:ba5392fb-897c-474f...@y18g2000yqn.googlegroups.com:
>
> >     Please donut be bringing facts into this hear chatroom.
>
> Usenet isn't a "chatroom", dumbfuck.

Ya think?

MountainFramer

Dec 2, 2008, 12:02:40 AM12/2/08

"Dutch Savage" <DutchSavage@coalminersglove> wrote in message

Wow thanks for that great observation. But , one question are we not sorta
"chatting right now?

http://www.ask.com/web?q=dictionary%3A+chatting&content=ahdict%7C108361&o=0&l=dir

Definitions of 'chat' (chat)
The American Heritage® Dictionary

1-To converse in an easy, familiar manner; talk lightly and casually
2- To participate in a synchronous exchange of remarks with one or
more people over a computer network.

Thanks for your input though "Dumbfuck".
Have a nice day.

MountainFramer
Roll Tide.

--
"I know one thing, I'd rather die now than to have died this morning
and missed this game." Coach Bryant after Bama's win over unbeaten Auburn in

audio.gif

Edward M. Kennedy

Dec 2, 2008, 12:00:07 PM12/2/08
"Dutch Savage" <DutchSavage@coalminersglove> wrote

>> Please donut be bringing facts into this hear chatroom.
>

> Usenet isn't a "chatroom", dumbXXXX.

Please watch you're language. This is a family newsgroup.

--Tedward

Nemesis

Dec 3, 2008, 12:32:21 PM12/3/08

Was it Geraldo?