OT Golf Related - 15yo amateur Lydia Ko Wins Womens NZ Open

JohnO

Feb 10, 2013, 10:21:21 PM2/10/13
Ko as now added a third professional win at the age of 15. She was already the youngest ever winner of any professional golf title (NSW Open), the youngest winner of an LPGA tour title (Canadian Open) and now youngest winner of Ladies European Tour title.

Could it be that the hardened pros at the Womens Australian Open this week are going to be intimidated by a 5' tall 15 year old amateur?

JohnO

Feb 14, 2013, 7:47:53 PM2/14/13
On Monday, 11 February 2013 16:21:21 UTC+13, JohnO wrote:
> Ko as now added a third professional win at the age of 15. She was already the youngest ever winner of any professional golf title (NSW Open), the youngest winner of an LPGA tour title (Canadian Open) and now youngest winner of Ladies European Tour title.
>

> Could it be that the hardened pros at the Womens Australian Open this week are going to be intimidated by a 5' tall 15 year old amateur?

Ko shoots 10 under to lead after the opening round of the Womens Australian Open.

Not that anyone here gives a flying f#ck about golf, apparently.

BAR

Feb 14, 2013, 9:34:10 PM2/14/13
In article <cb5eef24-5d19-489d...@googlegroups.com>,
john...@gmail.com says...
I am more impressed by the woman who was bit by a black widow spider,
opened the wound with a golf tee to get the toxins out and then went on
to shoot a 74.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/golf-devil-ball-golf/lpga-rookie-gets-bit-
black-widow-mid-round-154429859--golf.html

Horva...@net.net

Feb 15, 2013, 9:17:50 AM2/15/13
On Thu, 14 Feb 2013 21:34:10 -0500, BAR <sc...@you.com> wrote this
crap:

>I am more impressed by the woman who was bit by a black widow spider,
>opened the wound with a golf tee to get the toxins out and then went on
>to shoot a 74.

Women always use the wrong tool for the job. She should have used a
knife or a screwdriver. (Easy on the orange juice.) What guy doesn't
carry a pocket knife or a screwdriver on the golf course?

This signature is now the ultimate
power in the universe

Howard Brazee

Feb 15, 2013, 10:35:50 AM2/15/13
On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 09:17:50 -0500, Horva...@net.net wrote:

>Women always use the wrong tool for the job. She should have used a
>knife or a screwdriver. (Easy on the orange juice.) What guy doesn't
>carry a pocket knife or a screwdriver on the golf course?

I suppose guys who use airliners to get to work.

--
Anybody who agrees with one side all of the time or disagrees with the
other side all of the time is equally guilty of letting others do

Horva...@net.net

Feb 15, 2013, 11:27:55 AM2/15/13
On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 08:35:50 -0700, Howard Brazee <how...@brazee.net>
wrote this crap:

>On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 09:17:50 -0500, Horva...@net.net wrote:
>
>>Women always use the wrong tool for the job. She should have used a
>>knife or a screwdriver. (Easy on the orange juice.) What guy doesn't
>>carry a pocket knife or a screwdriver on the golf course?
>
>I suppose guys who use airliners to get to work.

You don't carry-on your clubs. Most people check them, so you can put
a knife or screwdriver in the bag.

bkn...@conramp.net

Feb 15, 2013, 11:57:56 AM2/15/13
On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 09:17:50 -0500, Horva...@net.net wrote:

>On Thu, 14 Feb 2013 21:34:10 -0500, BAR <sc...@you.com> wrote this
>crap:
>>
>>I am more impressed by the woman who was bit by a black widow spider,
>>opened the wound with a golf tee to get the toxins out and then went on
>>to shoot a 74.
>
>Women always use the wrong tool for the job. She should have used a
>knife or a screwdriver. (Easy on the orange juice.) What guy doesn't
>carry a pocket knife or a screwdriver on the golf course?

Maybe a small knife....but why have a screwdriver in a golf bag? I've
never had the need for one.

Don Kirkman

Feb 15, 2013, 2:30:23 PM2/15/13
Get up to date, Bobby. My driver came with an allen wrench to change
the weights around. :-)

Not that it's changed my ball striking. :-(
--
Don Kirkman
don...@charter.net

bkn...@conramp.net

Feb 15, 2013, 3:17:00 PM2/15/13
On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 11:30:23 -0800, Don Kirkman <don...@charter.net>
wrote:

>On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 10:57:56 -0600, bkn...@conramp.net wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 09:17:50 -0500, Horva...@net.net wrote:
>>
>>>On Thu, 14 Feb 2013 21:34:10 -0500, BAR <sc...@you.com> wrote this
>>>crap:

>>>Women always use the wrong tool for the job. She should have used a
>>>knife or a screwdriver. (Easy on the orange juice.) What guy doesn't
>>>carry a pocket knife or a screwdriver on the golf course?
>>>
>>Maybe a small knife....but why have a screwdriver in a golf bag? I've
>>never had the need for one.
>
>Get up to date, Bobby. My driver came with an allen wrench to change
>the weights around. :-)

Not during the round!

>Not that it's changed my ball striking. :-(

Now *that* may call for a Screwdriver. The one with orange juice. :-)

Horva...@net.net

Feb 15, 2013, 8:53:19 PM2/15/13
On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 10:57:56 -0600, bkn...@conramp.net wrote this
crap:
The screwdriver goes in the cup holder in the cart.

bkn...@conramp.net

Feb 15, 2013, 9:26:02 PM2/15/13
I stopped drinking twenty five years ago.

Carbon

Feb 15, 2013, 9:38:16 PM2/15/13
On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 20:26:02 -0600, bknight wrote:

> I stopped drinking twenty five years ago.

I stopped on Jan 1. Empty calories.

BAR

Feb 15, 2013, 10:04:31 PM2/15/13
In article <pan.2013.02...@nospam.tampabay.rr.com>,
nob...@nospam.tampabay.rr.com says...

> On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 20:26:02 -0600, bknight wrote:
>
> > I stopped drinking twenty five years ago.
>
> I stopped on Jan 1. Empty calories.

The first step is...

Horva...@net.net

Feb 15, 2013, 10:16:37 PM2/15/13
On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 20:26:02 -0600, bkn...@conramp.net wrote this
crap:

>>>Maybe a small knife....but why have a screwdriver in a golf bag? I've
>>>never had the need for one.
>>
>>The screwdriver goes in the cup holder in the cart.
>>

>I stopped drinking twenty five years ago.

Then why are you golfing?

KenPitts

Feb 16, 2013, 8:54:30 AM2/16/13
On Sunday, February 10, 2013 9:21:21 PM UTC-6, JohnO wrote:
> Ko as now added a third professional win at the age of 15. She was already the youngest ever winner of any professional golf title (NSW Open), the youngest winner of an LPGA tour title (Canadian Open) and now youngest winner of Ladies European Tour title.
>

> Could it be that the hardened pros at the Womens Australian Open this week are going to be intimidated by a 5' tall 15 year old amateur?

She is leaving so much money on the table. She should turn pro. The Song sisters show that it may not last into adulthood.

Ken

JohnO

Feb 16, 2013, 4:23:38 PM2/16/13
On Sunday, 17 February 2013 02:54:30 UTC+13, KenPitts wrote:
> On Sunday, February 10, 2013 9:21:21 PM UTC-6, JohnO wrote:
<Snip>

> She is leaving so much money on the table.

About half a mil so far.

> She should turn pro. The Song sisters show that it may not last into adulthood.

Tough call to make. Some amateurs just don't perform when they turn pro. If she didn't fire after a couple of years it would be tough to go back to school two years behind her classmates.

About the only thing the pros are beating her with at the moment is length off the tee, but she'll no doubt gain that as she gets older. I think she should stay amateur at least until completing high school.

BTW After three rounds of the Australian Open she's joint leader.

KenPitts

Feb 16, 2013, 7:35:18 PM2/16/13
Tough call. Decision must be made with her parents and coaches.

Ken