Opinions on Ram Tour Grind Irons

Tommy

Mar 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/29/99
Anyone out there play these. I used to play Maxfli Australians, Hogan
Apex, and MacGregor Tourney. How do these compare, what do they look
like, how do they feel?

T.I.A.

Tommy
news_...@usa.net

Gio Big EZ

Mar 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/29/99
>Anyone out there play these. I used to play Maxfli Australians, Hogan
>Apex, and MacGregor Tourney. How do these compare, what do they look
>like, how do they feel?

I play the RAM FX Tour Grind irons (last year's model), muscle backs, and I
like them alot. I'm very much a beginner, but I find these clubs very easy to
align and control distances, particularly the mid to short irons. I'm still
trying to get the three iron in a groove, but I'm sure that would be no problen
for an experienced player, particularly one who is used to hitting blades.

If you want to see what the set looks like, RAM's web address is:

http://www.ramgolf.com/frame_ramgolf.html

Lots of info, including lofts and lies of the set, is available there.
Remove "mudbug" from address to reply.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
-WW

F. Blaine Dickson

Mar 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/29/99
Gio Big EZ <giob...@aol.commudbug> wrote:

> >Anyone out there play these. I used to play Maxfli Australians, Hogan
> >Apex, and MacGregor Tourney. How do these compare, what do they look
> >like, how do they feel?
>
> I play the RAM FX Tour Grind irons (last year's model), muscle backs, and
> I like them alot. I'm very much a beginner, but I find these clubs very
> easy to align and control distances, particularly the mid to short irons.
> I'm still trying to get the three iron in a groove, but I'm sure that
> would be no problen for an experienced player, particularly one who is
> used to hitting blades.

I have 1993 TW 282 Tour Grinds. I chose them because I like a blade with
a very square toe and a soft touch. I haven't come across a set that
looks as good with the exception of a set of Honmas a friend of mine
brought back from school while he was at San Jose State in the 80's. The
TW 282s have a very soft feel to them. I hit some Mizunos last year, and
I thought they felt quite hard actually.
--
F. Blaine Dickson
Kelowna BC Canada

John & Arlene

Mar 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/30/99
I play Tom Watson Golden Ram Tour Grind irons. Have had them since 1983 and
like them so much that I have had them reground and re-grooved twice.
There's a very soft feel and the square toe is very appealing when I align
to the ball. The investment is absolutely worth it....I have never found a
set of irons that are more appealing.....If you like a small faced
traditional forged iron....go for it.

John McGrotty/Nassau Players Club, Bethpage Black Home of the 2002 U.S.
OPEN
Visit www.nassauplayers.org

taylor_...@my-dejanews.com

Apr 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/2/99
In article <7ds307$8p2u$1...@newssvr03-int.news.prodigy.com>,

Agree 100%! Love these irons. I will never hit a cast iron again for as long
as I live.

TS

http://www.goldengolf.com

Rick Nelson

Apr 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/2/99
There is a newsgroup - rec.sport.martial.arts or something - or you can
do a
search on the word "katana".. The point is that there is a huge difference
between hand made forged samurai swords, and stainless steel cast ones.
would think that the same would be true of golf clubs.

brett

Apr 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/3/99
pretty poor analogy. the reason a samurai sword is better forged
is that the metal is continually refolded. hence you get similar
strength in it in all directions, it also allows you to have a
better edge on it. are these properties useful in a golf club??
probably not, i for one have never broken an iron.

brett
(who has a collection of chinese tai chi swords)

Rick Nelson

Apr 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/12/99
Eat your own soul demon. Or post truth instead of lies you shithead.

Thanks,

Rick