Thanks Bret!

Alan Illeman

Mar 27, 2009, 11:07:45 AM3/27/09
If it wasn't for you, I probably would never have heard of Pbase.

Recently I found there (1) my old camera
http://www.pbase.com/cameras/minolta/himatic_7s
and (2) an ingenious method of converting 35mm slides to images..
http://form.pbase.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=39963&sid=f9358103f8d10420d182f5e749645bc4
and a link from there to..
http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6563&highlight=copying

Thanks Bret!

p.s. Local golf course
http://richmondhillgolf.com/

instructor
http://web.mac.com/shawnclement/Site/Welcome.html

(he demonstrates driver, etc., with both left- and right-handed swings!)

http://web.mac.com/shawnclement/Site/You_Tube_Shawn.html
If you use DownLoaderHelper plugin in Firefox you can download
them as .flv files. Make sure you delete the browser soon after
the download begins, else your download speed will be halved!

http://smplayer.sourceforge.net/ is an excellent .flv player, imo,
recommended recently by a good friend.

Cheers,
Alan

Helen

Mar 27, 2009, 12:11:34 PM3/27/09
On Mar 27, 11:07 am, "Alan Illeman" <illem...@surfbest.net> wrote:
> If it wasn't for you, I probably would never have heard of Pbase.
>
> Recently I found there (1) my old camerahttp://www.pbase.com/cameras/minolta/himatic_7s
> and (2) an ingenious method of converting 35mm slides to images..http://form.pbase.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=39963&sid=f9358103f8d10420...
> and a link from there to..http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6563&highlight=...

> Thanks Bret!
>
> p.s. Local golf coursehttp://richmondhillgolf.com/
>
> instructorhttp://web.mac.com/shawnclement/Site/Welcome.html

> (he demonstrates driver, etc., with both left- and right-handed swings!)
>
> http://web.mac.com/shawnclement/Site/You_Tube_Shawn.html
> If you use DownLoaderHelper plugin in Firefox you can download
> them as .flv files. Make sure you delete the browser soon after
> the download begins, else your download speed will be halved!
>
> http://smplayer.sourceforge.net/is an excellent .flv player, imo,

> recommended recently by a good friend.
>
> Cheers,
> Alan

Bret has been a great inspiration and influence on me as well. He has
done A LOT for me.
Do you only use film? Your Minolta is an old rangefinder camera. I
have a Canon Canonet QL17 Glll. I use it occasionally but have gone
digital. You may be interested in http://www.rangefinderforum.com/ or
http://www.apug.org/forums/home.php

MNMikeW

Mar 27, 2009, 1:33:34 PM3/27/09

"Helen" <helensi...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Bret has been a great inspiration and influence on me as well.

You like pre-pubescent girls as well? ;-)

Kommienezuspadt

Mar 27, 2009, 3:04:33 PM3/27/09

"MNMikeW" <MNMi...@aol.com> wrote in message

is that "as well" to mean you like them "also"? ;-))) & no-- that "also"
is not meant to mean I like them in any nefarious way...

Alan Illeman

Mar 28, 2009, 7:24:08 AM3/28/09
"Helen" <helensi...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
On Mar 27, 11:07 am, "Alan Illeman" <illem...@surfbest.net> wrote:
> If it wasn't for you, I probably would never have heard of Pbase.

Bret has been a great inspiration and influence on me as well. He has
done A LOT for me.
Do you only use film? Your Minolta is an old rangefinder camera. I
have a Canon Canonet QL17 Glll. I use it occasionally but have gone
digital. You may be interested in http://www.rangefinderforum.com/ or
http://www.apug.org/forums/home.php

---------------

Thanks for the links Helen. We also have a Canon 'Powershot A95'
that we point and shoot and upload them to the computer. I didn't
realise that older camers were still being used - it's like greeting an
old friend! - but the battery is dead. From Manual: "Mallory RM-625R,
Eveready E625 or G.E. No. 625 type." Have to find today's equivalents.

Alan

Helen

Mar 28, 2009, 8:08:08 AM3/28/09
On Mar 28, 7:24 am, "Alan Illeman" <illem...@surfbest.net> wrote:
> "Helen" <helensilverb...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> On Mar 27, 11:07 am, "Alan Illeman" <illem...@surfbest.net> wrote:
>
> > If it wasn't for you, I probably would never have heard of Pbase.
>
> Bret has been a great inspiration and influence on me as well. He has
> done A LOT for me.
> Do you only use film?  Your Minolta is an old rangefinder camera.  I
> have a Canon Canonet QL17 Glll.  I use it occasionally but have gone
> digital.  You may be interested inhttp://www.rangefinderforum.com/orhttp://www.apug.org/forums/home.php

> ---------------
>
> Thanks for the links Helen. We also have a Canon 'Powershot A95'
> that we point and shoot and upload them to the computer. I didn't
> realise that older camers were still being used - it's like greeting an
> old friend! - but the battery is dead. From Manual: "Mallory RM-625R,
> Eveready E625 or G.E. No. 625 type." Have to find today's equivalents.
>
> Alan

I'm not sure if they make those old batteries anymore, due to the
Mercury in them. You may have to have your camera converted to accept
the 625A battery which are on ebay all the time. If you do have your
camera converted, don't just let anyone do it for you. Make sure he's
a reputable and experienced guy. How is the light seals on the back
door? Do they need replacing? Over the years that foam they used
back then gets sticky and deteriorates and has to be replaced. Good
luck Alan!

Message has been deleted

Helen

Mar 28, 2009, 8:25:06 AM3/28/09
On Mar 28, 7:24 am, "Alan Illeman" <illem...@surfbest.net> wrote:
> "Helen" <helensilverb...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> On Mar 27, 11:07 am, "Alan Illeman" <illem...@surfbest.net> wrote:
>
> > If it wasn't for you, I probably would never have heard of Pbase.
>
> Bret has been a great inspiration and influence on me as well. He has
> done A LOT for me.
> Do you only use film?  Your Minolta is an old rangefinder camera.  I
> have a Canon Canonet QL17 Glll.  I use it occasionally but have gone
> digital.  You may be interested inhttp://www.rangefinderforum.com/orhttp://www.apug.org/forums/home.php

> ---------------
>
> Thanks for the links Helen. We also have a Canon 'Powershot A95'
> that we point and shoot and upload them to the computer. I didn't
> realise that older camers were still being used - it's like greeting an
> old friend! - but the battery is dead. From Manual: "Mallory RM-625R,
> Eveready E625 or G.E. No. 625 type." Have to find today's equivalents.
>
> Alan

Do some research first. I found a lot of info about your Minolta on
rangefinder forum. (That's a forum I don't frequent but you may want
to). Here is one entry about it:
"I use a PX 625 cell in mine. I've read that others will work,
however, I prefer to use the wein cell. I get mine from Vintage
Batteries.com
Love my 7s, takes great shots."
Just Google the cameras name and voila.....lots of info.

Alan Illeman

Mar 28, 2009, 9:22:48 AM3/28/09

Do some research first. I found a lot of info about your Minolta on
rangefinder forum. (That's a forum I don't frequent but you may want
to). Here is one entry about it:
"I use a PX 625 cell in mine. I've read that others will work,
however, I prefer to use the wein cell. I get mine from Vintage
Batteries.com
Love my 7s, takes great shots."
Just Google the cameras name and voila.....lots of info.
Thanks again, Helen.

I've just realised that it's not a '7s' but simply a '7'. I bought in a
store in Sappora (Hokkaido) Japan, in the early 60's and was
manufactured for the home market (even then, some spoke very
good English). It has a lovely, robust, leather case. The Pbase
page says the '7s' was manufactured in 1966.

Maybe I should submit its 'specs' to Pbase, as this is one model
they don't have :-) I'll get it working again, first.

Alan