Chris Kyle

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jan 30, 2016, 9:07:01 AM1/30/16
For those who may not know, here are a list of Chris Kyle's
awards.

o2
Silver Stars with Combat Valor
o5 Bronze Stars with Combat
Valor
oNavy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal with Combat
Valor...
o2 Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medals with
Combat Valor
o2 Combat Action Ribbons
oNavy Presidential
Unit Citation
oJoint Meritorious Unit Award
oNavy Unit
Commendation
oNavy Meritorious Unit Commendation
oNavy Good
Conduct Medal with 2 Service Star
oNational Defense Service
Medal
oArmed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Iraq Campaign Medal with 4 Campaign
Stars
oGlobal War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
oGlobal
War on Terrorism Service Medal
oSea Service Deployment Ribbon
with 3 Service Stars
oRifle Marksmanship Medal
oPistol
Marksmanship Medal
o United States
Navy SEALs Insignia

Chris
Kyle
became the US armed services number #1
sniper of all time. Not something he was happy about, other than
the fact that in so doing, he saved a lot of lives.

Southwest Airlines flew in any SEAL
and their family from any airport to the funeral... free of
charge. The employees donated buddy passes and one lady worked for
four days without much of a break to see that it happened.
Volunteers were at both airports in
Dallas to drive them to the
hotel.

The Marriott Hotel reduced their rates to
$45 a night and cleared the hotel for only SEAL's and
family.

The Midlothian, TX Police Department
paid the $45 a night for each room. I would guess there
were about 200 people staying at the hotel, 100 of them were
SEALs.

Two large buses were chartered (an unknown
donor paid the bill) to transport
people to the different events and they also
hada few rental cars
(donated).

The police and secret servicewere on duty 24 hours during
the stay at our hotel.

At the Kyle house, the Texas DPS parked a large motor home in
front to block the view from reporters. It remained there the entire
five days for the SEALs to meet in and so they could use the restroom
there instead of the bathroom in the house.

Taya, their two small children and both sets
of parents were staying in
the home. Only a hand full of SEALS went into the home as they had
different duties and meetings were held sometimes on an hourly
basis.

It was a huge coordination of many different events and security.
Derek was assigned to be a Pall Bearer, to escort Chris' body when
it was transferred from the Midlothian Funeral Home to the
Arlington Funeral Home, and to be with Taya. A tough job. Taya
seldom came out of her bedroom. The house was full with people
from the church and other family members that would come each day
to help. I spent one morning in a bedroom with Chris' mom and the
next morning with Chad Littlefield's parents (the other man
murdered with Chris). A tough job.

George W. Bush and his wife Laura , met and talked to everyone on
the Seal Team one on one. They went behind closed doors with Taya
for quite a while. They had prayer with us all. You can tell when
people were sincere and caring.

Nolan Ryan sent his cooking team, a huge grill and lots of steaks,
chicken and hamburgers. They set up in the front yard and fed people
all day long including the 200 SEALs and their families.

The next day a local BBQ restaurant set up a buffet in front of the
house and fed all once again. Food was
plentiful and all were taken care of. The family's
church kept those inside the house well fed.

Jerry Jones,the man everyone loves to hate, was a rock star. He and
his wife were just making sure everyone was taken care of....Class...
He donated the use of Cowboy Stadium for the
services because so many wanted to attend. The
charter buses transported us to the stadium on Monday at 10:30 am.
Every car, bus, motorcycle was searched with bomb dogs and police.
I am not sure if kooks were making threats trying to make a name
for themselves or if so many SEALs in one place was a
security risk, I don't know. We willingly obliged. No purses went
into the stadium!

We were taken to The Legends room high up and a large buffet was
available. That was for about 300 people .
We were growing. A Medal of Honor recipient was
there, lots of secret service and police and Sarah Palin and her
husband. She looked nice. This was a very
formal military service. The service started at 1:00 pm and
when we were escorted onto the field I was shocked. We heard that
about 10,000 people
had come to attend also. They were seated
in the stadium seats behind us.

It was a beautiful and emotional service. The Bagpipe and drum corps
were wonderful and the Texas A&M men's choir
stood through the entire service and sang right at the end. We
were all in tears.

The next day was the 200-mile procession from Midlothian,
TX to Austin for burial. It was a cold, drizzly, windy day, but the
people were out. We had dozens of police motorcycle riders,
freedom riders, five chartered buses and lots of cars . You had to
have a pass to be in the procession and still it was huge.

Two helicopters circled the procession with snipers sitting out the
side door for protection.

It was the longest funeral procession ever in the
state of Texas. People were everywhere. The entire
route was shut down ahead of us, the people were
lined up on the side of the road the entire way.

Firemen were down on one knee, police
officers were holding their hats over their hearts,
children waving flags, veterans
saluting as we went by. Every bridge had fire trucks with large
flags displayed from their
tall ladders, people all along the entire 200 miles were
standing in the cold weather. It was
so heart warming. Taya rode in the hearse with Chris' body so
Derek rode the route with us. I was so grateful to have that time
with him.

The service was at Texas National Cemetery. Very few are buried there
and you have to apply to get in. It is like people from the Civil War,
Medal of Honor winners, a few from the Alamo and all the historical
people of Texas. It was a nice service and the Freedom Riders
surrounded the outside of the entire cemetery to keep the crazy church
people from Kansas that protest at military funerals away from us.

Each SEAL put his Trident (metal SEAL badge) on the top of Chris'
casket, one at a time. A lot hit it in with one blow. Derek was the
only one to take four taps to put his in and it was almost like he was

caressing it as he did it.

Another tearful moment.

After the service Governor Rick Perry and his
wife, Anita , invited us to the governor's mansion. She
stood at the door, greeted each of us individually, and gave each
of the SEALs a coin of Texas . She was
a sincere, compassionate, and gracious hostess. We were able to
tour the ground floor and then went into the garden for beverages
and BBQ. So many of the Seal team guys said that after they
get out they are moving to Texas.

They remarked that they had never felt so much love and hospitality.
The charter buses then took the guys to the airport to catch their
returning flights. Derek just now called and after a 20 hour
flight he is back in his spot, in a dangerous land on the other
side of the world, protecting
America.

To this day, no one in the White
House has ever acknowledged Chris Kyle; his service,
his death, his duty, his generosity, his caring, his life.

However, the President can call a sports
person and congratulate him on his bravery for
announcing to the world that he is gay.

He can say on national television that someone,
a man who has committed a crime and was shot by police in the line of
duty, would have made him a good son.

The SEALS have asked that you please, keep this moving if you think
Chris Kyle would have made a good son.

Posted by Hugh

Damon Hynes, Cyclone Ranger

Jan 30, 2016, 9:22:48 AM1/30/16
On Saturday, January 30, 2016 at 8:07:01 AM UTC-6, J. Hugh Sullivan wrote:

Thank you.

Eric Ramon

Jan 30, 2016, 6:32:22 PM1/30/16
On Saturday, January 30, 2016 at 6:22:48 AM UTC-8, Damon Hynes, Cyclone Ranger wrote:
> On Saturday, January 30, 2016 at 8:07:01 AM UTC-6, J. Hugh Sullivan wrote:
>
> Thank you.

reading up on Kyle....

One weird side thing, the company he founded tried or is trying to get money from his widow because, according to the CEO, he believes that "divorce [from Taya] was a very real possibility".

Vultures!

will_g...@yahoo.com

Jan 30, 2016, 7:26:59 PM1/30/16
On Saturday, January 30, 2016 at 8:07:01 AM UTC-6, J. Hugh Sullivan wrote:
Great man, but second in my opinion to Carlos Hathcock when it comes to sniper accomplishments.
Even Chris Kyle said so.

agavi...@gmail.com

Jan 30, 2016, 7:48:39 PM1/30/16
Defiantly different opportunities, different era, different equipment between the two.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jan 30, 2016, 9:00:58 PM1/30/16
On Sat, 30 Jan 2016 16:26:55 -0800 (PST), will_g...@yahoo.com
wrote:

>Great man, but second in my opinion to Carlos Hathcock when it comes to sniper accomplishments.
>Even Chris Kyle said so.

Perhaps so. The Clemson players at the Senior Bowl said they dominated
Bama but I guess they haven't seen the scoreboard. How do you measure
a sniper's value except by kills?

What was surprising to me is the CinC thought an alleged thug and a
queer were more deserving of recognition than an accomplished
American. I guess we know now who are "his people".

Hugh

will_g...@yahoo.com

Jan 31, 2016, 7:51:39 AM1/31/16
My opinion is that Chris benefited from much better equipment, intel, and security within locations from which he sniped as depicted in the movie.
Carlos sniped from a jungle with little or no surrounding security using a 30-06 with a 10x scope. On one of his missions described in 'Marine Sniper' he crawled through a field of sage brush alone to get a long distance shot at an enemy officer. In addition to avoiding the enemy he also had to avoid being harmed or killed by wildlife like snakes and tigers. Yes we had deaths in nam to big cats..
Just the effort and time required for Carlos to get into position as well as the weapon he used to snip limited his opportunities.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jan 31, 2016, 8:15:08 AM1/31/16
On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 04:51:36 -0800 (PST), will_g...@yahoo.com
wrote:

>My opinion is that Chris benefited from much better equipment, intel, and s=
>ecurity within locations from which he sniped as depicted in the movie.
>Carlos sniped from a jungle with little or no surrounding security using a =
>30-06 with a 10x scope. On one of his missions described in 'Marine Sniper=
>' he crawled through a field of sage brush alone to get a long distance sho=
>t at an enemy officer. In addition to avoiding the enemy he also had to av=
>oid being harmed or killed by wildlife like snakes and tigers. Yes we had =
>deaths in nam to big cats..
>Just the effort and time required for Carlos to get into position as well a=
>s the weapon he used to snip limited his opportunities. =20

Certainly you are right. But Carlos faced poorer equipment, intel and
security.

The problem is that attempting to compare achievements of people from
different eras leaves everyone dissatisfied.

I think Lou Gehrig was superior to Cal Ripkin who had no broken bones
but had superior medical services. So I certainly follow your
position.

Hugh

will_g...@yahoo.com

Jan 31, 2016, 2:19:09 PM1/31/16
Maybe you missed the comment where I said that Chris Kyle said Carlos was the greatest sniper... Or you wouldn't accept his opinion either....

xyzzy

Jan 31, 2016, 2:36:01 PM1/31/16
Well, not believing something Kyle said is the smart move.

jim brown

Jan 31, 2016, 3:36:04 PM1/31/16
On Sunday, January 31, 2016 at 1:36:01 PM UTC-6, xyzzy wrote:
> Well, not believing something Kyle said is the smart move.

And there it is...the left's incessant need to tear down anyone who dares to have a different view of America and what it stands for. I'm honestly surprised it took this long.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jan 31, 2016, 3:55:17 PM1/31/16
On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 11:19:05 -0800 (PST), will_g...@yahoo.com
wrote:

>Maybe you missed the comment where I said that Chris Kyle said Carlos was the greatest sniper... Or you wouldn't accept his opinion either....

I saw it. That was modesty speaking. In his honored position you don't
put the other guy down.

What I have a tough time doing is finding common ground to compare
them since there is none.

Hugh

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jan 31, 2016, 4:01:12 PM1/31/16
Tear down? That'll be the day!

Hugh

xyzzy

Jan 31, 2016, 4:10:52 PM1/31/16
So do you believe he sat on the roof of the Superdome picking off looters during Hurricane Katrina?

Ken Olson

Jan 31, 2016, 4:52:57 PM1/31/16
On 1/31/2016 4:10 PM, xyzzy wrote:
> So do you believe he sat on the roof of the Superdome picking off looters during Hurricane Katrina?

That one's questionable. Nice fantasy, though.

Some dued

Jan 31, 2016, 5:44:39 PM1/31/16
I'd live amongst looters in a heartbeat over someone who thinks murdering anonymous humans from afar is a "nice fantasy"?

jim brown

Jan 31, 2016, 5:55:05 PM1/31/16
On Sunday, January 31, 2016 at 3:10:52 PM UTC-6, xyzzy wrote:
> So do you believe he sat on the roof of the Superdome picking off looters during Hurricane Katrina?

Do you believe Hilary landed under sniper fire in Bosnia...or was named after Sir Edmund Hillary?

Betcha still vote for her in November.

Ken Olson

Jan 31, 2016, 6:02:14 PM1/31/16
On 1/31/2016 5:44 PM, Some dued wrote:
> I'd live amongst looters in a heartbeat over someone who thinks murdering anonymous humans from afar is a "nice fantasy"?

Murder is unjustified, if they're looting, it's justified. Hope you like
your neighbors.

xyzzy

Jan 31, 2016, 6:11:17 PM1/31/16
The difference is that when you criticize Hillary's dishonest statements I don't respond with:

"the right's incessant need to tear down anyone who dares to have a different view of America and what it stands for"

My view of what America stands for isn't so delicate that it can't stand up to others pointing out political lying or boastful fabulism by people on my "side".

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jan 31, 2016, 6:15:47 PM1/31/16
On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 13:10:40 -0800 (PST), xyzzy <xyzzy...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>So do you believe he sat on the roof of the Superdome picking off looters during Hurricane Katrina?

I have no idea - I never heard of him before the article sent to me.
But, if he did he should be congratulated. No one was forced to live
there. You do and you take your chances. When it comes to criminals
I'd shoot 'em while you kiss their ass and ask if you can help. A
person has to be pretty sorry to side with lawbreakers.

Below are some quotes...

Hugh

[...]

xyzzy

Jan 31, 2016, 6:17:38 PM1/31/16
Let me tell you a little story. In 1989 a major tornado ripped through Raleigh. It destroyed several neighborhoods and a Kmart. People were arrested for looting as they picked through the rubble of the Kmart. Of course they were vilified as looters, the worst of the worst, etc. etc. But finally it turned out that they owned houses behind the Kmart that had also been destroyed and they were looking for their possessions that had been blown into the rubble by the tornado.

But you're confident that somebody sitting hundreds of yards away can positively identify looters well enough to confidently kill them without a trial so good for you.

jim brown

Jan 31, 2016, 6:24:24 PM1/31/16
On Sunday, January 31, 2016 at 5:11:17 PM UTC-6, xyzzy wrote:
> The difference is that when you criticize Hillary's dishonest statements I don't respond with:
>
> "the right's incessant need to tear down anyone who dares to have a different view of America and what it stands for"

What you do is worse...(*You as in the left)...you support her and VOTE for her and defend her every move. Kyle put his life on the line...hell, GAVE his life for his country and after he dies he gets criticized by the left for being a bit abnormal in the mind(you do what he did, then come back here to be picked apart)...Kyle isn't running for anything and what he did with his life DESERVES the respect he's being given. Hilary has been a lying cheating parasitic thief on every level and the left blindly says BAAAAA

Ken Olson

Jan 31, 2016, 6:27:29 PM1/31/16
IAWTP

Damon Hynes, Cyclone Ranger

Jan 31, 2016, 6:56:18 PM1/31/16
Yowsah.

xyzzy

Jan 31, 2016, 7:21:01 PM1/31/16
Actually "the left" is having a love affair with Bernie Sanders at the moment. And if you think Hillary doesn't get criticized by the left, you are either sadly mistaken or willfully blind. There are a lot of things about Hillary that are bothersome. But most of us have decided those things aren't as bothersome as the idea of Trump, Cruz, Carson, Fiorina, or Huckabee in the White House. It's a trade-off that you make in the real world of real politics. Just like on your side there are things that bother you about your politicians if you're honest but they don't bother you as much as the idea of Clinton or Sanders in the White House so you're willing to overlook them.

I mean I can easily turn this around. Hypothetical, it's Clinton vs Trump in November. Who gets your vote?

dotsla...@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2016, 7:38:31 PM1/31/16
Jesus, jim... do you even read this blog? It's pretty much more or less an ongoing rant about how progressive thinking is equal parts stupidity and evul and in desperate need of being rooted out and snuffed because it threatens conservative American exceptionalism.

Please to be stepping off of that tallish horse.

Some dued

Jan 31, 2016, 8:03:08 PM1/31/16
Okay, even if it IS justified (which it clearly isn't either legally or morally) any person who fantasizes about being able to legally shoot people is deviant freak and someone I for one don't want to be around.

xyzzy

Jan 31, 2016, 8:16:30 PM1/31/16
On Sunday, January 31, 2016 at 7:38:31 PM UTC-5, dotsla...@gmail.com wrote:
> Jesus, jim... do you even read this blog? It's pretty much more or less an ongoing rant about how progressive thinking is equal parts stupidity and evul and in desperate need of being rooted out and snuffed because it threatens conservative American exceptionalism.
>
> Please to be stepping off of that tallish horse.

Keep in mind he's in Iowa which is probably reaching peak political saturation and fervor right about now and tomorrow. Give it a week after the caucuses, he'll probably come back to earth.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jan 31, 2016, 9:06:39 PM1/31/16
On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 15:17:34 -0800 (PST), xyzzy <xyzzy...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Let me tell you a little story. In 1989 a major tornado ripped through Rale=
>igh. It destroyed several neighborhoods and a Kmart. People were arrested f=
>or looting as they picked through the rubble of the Kmart. Of course they w=
>ere vilified as looters, the worst of the worst, etc. etc. But finally it =
>turned out that they owned houses behind the Kmart that had also been destr=
>oyed and they were looking for their possessions that had been blown into t=
>he rubble by the tornado.

I really like the way that starts.... Let me tell you a little
story!!!!

I taught Bear Bryant everything he knew and that money doesn't belong
to Bill Gates - I loaned it to him.

Hugh

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jan 31, 2016, 9:09:45 PM1/31/16
You're safe - you're not worth shooting.

Hugh

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jan 31, 2016, 9:11:48 PM1/31/16
On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 15:11:13 -0800 (PST), xyzzy <xyzzy...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>The difference is that when you criticize Hillary's dishonest statements I don't respond with:
>
>"the right's incessant need to tear down anyone who dares to have a different view of America and what it stands for"
>
>My view of what America stands for isn't so delicate that it can't stand up to others pointing out political lying or boastful fabulism by people on my "side".

Your stand is really a squat. Now pee!

Hugh

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jan 31, 2016, 9:20:40 PM1/31/16
On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 16:20:59 -0800 (PST), xyzzy <xyzzy...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Actually "the left" is having a love affair with Bernie Sanders at the mome=
>nt.

He's promishing more help for the worthless than Hillary - it figures.

> But most of us have decided those things aren'=
>t as bothersome as the idea of Trump, Cruz, Carson, Fiorina, or Huckabee in=
> the White House.

Thus proving that stupid can't be cured.

>I mean I can easily turn this around. Hypothetical, it's Clinton vs Trump =
>in November. Who gets your vote?

Trump - I don't believe in assassination yet.

Hugh

Eric Ramon

Jan 31, 2016, 9:38:19 PM1/31/16
On Sunday, January 31, 2016 at 3:24:24 PM UTC-8, jim brown wrote:

> Kyle put his life on the line...hell, GAVE his life for his country

he didn't give his life for his country. He served his country in the military and then got shot here in the US at a shooting range. Two different things.

jim brown

Jan 31, 2016, 9:56:38 PM1/31/16
Which of the Repubs are about to be (or should be if we had a decent justice dept) under indictment? She shouldn't even be in the running...You have a decent candidate that has been largely made fun of and ignored(no, not sanders)...if the Dems hadn't basically anointed Hill in 2012, you might have had some others. So, no, all things are NOT equal.

Neither gets my vote...and that's a promise.

jim brown

Jan 31, 2016, 10:00:04 PM1/31/16
On Sunday, January 31, 2016 at 6:38:31 PM UTC-6, dotsla...@gmail.com wrote:
> Jesus, jim... do you even read this blog? It's pretty much more or less an ongoing rant about how progressive thinking is equal parts stupidity and evul and in desperate need of being rooted out and snuffed because it threatens conservative American exceptionalism.
>
> Please to be stepping off of that tallish horse.

No...didn't read it. I read what Hugh wrote...and about two sentences in I predicted to myself that Kyle would be criticized in short order.

jim brown

Jan 31, 2016, 10:03:46 PM1/31/16
Yeah...if you take that literally...the fact that he returned again and again to the battlefield while his home life fell apart, then got shot while giving back at home refutes what you wrote.

xyzzy

Jan 31, 2016, 10:12:40 PM1/31/16
He was shot at the range by a fellow vet he was helping with PTSD. I think that qualifies as serving his country.

Con Reeder, unhyphenated American

Jan 31, 2016, 10:12:44 PM1/31/16
On 2016-02-01, xyzzy <xyzzy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> But most of us have decided those things aren't as bothersome as
> the idea of Trump, Cruz, Carson, Fiorina, or Huckabee in the White
> House. It's a trade-off that you make in the real world of real
> politics. Just like on your side there are things that bother you
> about your politicians if you're honest but they don't bother you
> as much as the idea of Clinton or Sanders in the White House so
> you're willing to overlook them.

What wows me is you equating Cruz and Fiorina, and even Carson and
Huckabee, with Trump. Trump is not a Republican, and he is a clown
to boot. He is completely unacceptable on many levels. Cruz and
Fiorina are head and shoulders above him in not only in integrity
but in ability. (Of course Huckabee, Fiorina, and Carson have zero
chance of getting the nomination. Cruz has an fair shot.)

> I mean I can easily turn this around. Hypothetical, it's Clinton vs
> Trump in November. Who gets your vote?

Neither. They are both thoroughly loathsome. I don't vote in that case.

Luckily, I don't think it will happen. I think it will come down to
Rubio and Clinton (if she lasts). If it is that matchup, I like the
Republican chances.

--
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good
ending, then having the two as close together as possible."

RoddyMcCorley

Jan 31, 2016, 11:29:12 PM1/31/16
Pretty extreme, to kill someone running from a store with a few loaves
of bread.

--
False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul
with evil.

Pennsylvania - Tá sé difriúil anseo.

RoddyMcCorley

Jan 31, 2016, 11:32:15 PM1/31/16
On 1/31/2016 6:24 PM, jim brown wrote:
Why don't you blame his death on Obama while you are at it.

Ken Olson

Jan 31, 2016, 11:38:51 PM1/31/16
Gary Johnson

RoddyMcCorley

Jan 31, 2016, 11:39:24 PM1/31/16
Still two very different things. Sounds like him and his buddy were
dabbling in amatuer psychology and put a gun in the shooter's hands. It
is a sad loss of life but it could have been avoided.

Ken Olson

Jan 31, 2016, 11:42:27 PM1/31/16
I surely don't fantasize about shooting people, legally or illegally.
Just the turn of a phrase.

You probably wouldn't want to live next to me anyway and I wouldn't be a
bit surprised if the reverse applies, too.

Ken Olson

Feb 1, 2016, 12:14:02 AM2/1/16
On 1/31/2016 11:39 PM, RoddyMcCorley wrote:
> On 1/31/2016 10:03 PM, jim brown wrote:

>>> he didn't give his life for his country. He served his country in the
>>> military and then got shot here in the US at a shooting range. Two
>>> different things.
>>

>> Yeah...if you take that literally...the fact that he returned again
>> and again to the battlefield while his home life fell apart, then got
>> shot while giving back at home refutes what you wrote.
>>
> Still two very different things. Sounds like him and his buddy were
> dabbling in amatuer psychology and put a gun in the shooter's hands. It
> is a sad loss of life but it could have been avoided.

Can't disagree with you here. The whole deal is a damn shame.

Ken Olson

Feb 1, 2016, 12:36:34 AM2/1/16
On 1/31/2016 11:29 PM, RoddyMcCorley wrote:
> On 1/31/2016 6:02 PM, Ken Olson wrote:
>> On 1/31/2016 5:44 PM, Some dued wrote:
>>> I'd live amongst looters in a heartbeat over someone who thinks
>>> murdering anonymous humans from afar is a "nice fantasy"?
>>>

>> Murder is unjustified, if they're looting, it's justified. Hope you like
>> your neighbors.
>
> Pretty extreme, to kill someone running from a store with a few loaves
> of bread.

Would you just let anarchy reign and whatever happens, happens and we go
pick up the dead bodies later?

Eric Ramon

Feb 1, 2016, 3:26:19 AM2/1/16
I remember at the time seeing two photos side by side. One, of a white couple, said they were foraging for food. The other, a black couple, said they were looting. So if you mean snipers should have shot them all, white and black, then at least you'll be consistent.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Feb 1, 2016, 7:43:24 AM2/1/16
On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 23:29:07 -0500, RoddyMcCorley
<Roddy.M...@verizon.net> wrote:

>On 1/31/2016 6:02 PM, Ken Olson wrote:
>> On 1/31/2016 5:44 PM, Some dued wrote:
>>> I'd live amongst looters in a heartbeat over someone who thinks
>>> murdering anonymous humans from afar is a "nice fantasy"?
>>>

>> Murder is unjustified, if they're looting, it's justified. Hope you like
>> your neighbors.
>
>Pretty extreme, to kill someone running from a store with a few loaves
>of bread.

Even dumber than the thief is the one who supports him by blaming the
guy who isn't.

That's ttwo stupids/

Hugh

J. Hugh Sullivan

Feb 1, 2016, 8:04:45 AM2/1/16
On Mon, 1 Feb 2016 00:26:16 -0800 (PST), Eric Ramon
<ramon...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I remember at the time seeing two photos side by side. One, of a white coup=
>le, said they were foraging for food. The other, a black couple, said they =
>were looting. So if you mean snipers should have shot them all, white and b=
>lack, then at least you'll be consistent.

Only the owner has the right to dispose of his property. If the
foragers and looters were usurping the rights of the owner they should
have been given one chance to walk away empty handed. If they didn't,
solve the problem.

Hugh

J. Hugh Sullivan

Feb 1, 2016, 8:14:30 AM2/1/16
On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 23:32:13 -0500, RoddyMcCorley
<Roddy.M...@verizon.net> wrote:

>On 1/31/2016 6:24 PM, jim brown wrote:
>> On Sunday, January 31, 2016 at 5:11:17 PM UTC-6, xyzzy wrote:
>>> The difference is that when you criticize Hillary's dishonest statements I don't respond with:
>>>
>>> "the right's incessant need to tear down anyone who dares to have a different view of America and what it stands for"
>>

>> What you do is worse...(*You as in the left)...you support her and VOTE for her and defend her every move. Kyle put his life on the line...hell, GAVE his life for his country and after he dies he gets criticized by the left for being a bit abnormal in the mind(you do what he did, then come back here to be picked apart)...Kyle isn't running for anything and what he did with his life DESERVES the respect he's being given. Hilary has been a lying cheating parasitic thief on every level and the left blindly says BAAAAA
>>

>Why don't you blame his death on Obama while you are at it.

Befotre the divisiveness created by Obama, terrorism and mass murders
were not so rampant. He's given almost everyone PTSD. But it would be
illogical to say his death would not have happened except for Obama.

Hugh

Consider your question answered.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Feb 1, 2016, 8:24:35 AM2/1/16
On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 19:00:02 -0800 (PST), jim brown
<jimbr...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Sunday, January 31, 2016 at 6:38:31 PM UTC-6, dotsla...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Jesus, jim... do you even read this blog? It's pretty much more or less =
>an ongoing rant about how progressive thinking is equal parts stupidity and=
> evul and in desperate need of being rooted out and snuffed because it thre=
>atens conservative American exceptionalism.
>>=20
>> Please to be stepping off of that tallish horse.
>

>No...didn't read it. I read what Hugh wrote...and about two sentences in I=
> predicted to myself that Kyle would be criticized in short order.

Actually I didn't "write" it, I quoted a small part. I followed up
with more quotes.

But liberals are trying to hide the point of the quote - Obama sucks
up to alleged thugs and queers and is a notable failure when
recognizing the heroic deeds of a real American.

Hugh

Ken Olson

Feb 1, 2016, 2:00:12 PM2/1/16
There's a difference between scavenging for food and looting for the
hell of it. Race is not a factor.

Ken Olson

Feb 1, 2016, 2:02:18 PM2/1/16
On 1/31/2016 11:32 PM, RoddyMcCorley wrote:
> On 1/31/2016 6:24 PM, jim brown wrote:
>> On Sunday, January 31, 2016 at 5:11:17 PM UTC-6, xyzzy wrote:
>>> The difference is that when you criticize Hillary's dishonest
>>> statements I don't respond with:
>>>
>>> "the right's incessant need to tear down anyone who dares to have a
>>> different view of America and what it stands for"
>>

>> What you do is worse...(*You as in the left)...you support her and
>> VOTE for her and defend her every move. Kyle put his life on the
>> line...hell, GAVE his life for his country and after he dies he gets
>> criticized by the left for being a bit abnormal in the mind(you do
>> what he did, then come back here to be picked apart)...Kyle isn't
>> running for anything and what he did with his life DESERVES the
>> respect he's being given. Hilary has been a lying cheating parasitic
>> thief on every level and the left blindly says BAAAAA
>>

> Why don't you blame his death on Obama while you are at it.

Happened on Obama's watch = Obama's fault. ;^)

Some dued

Feb 1, 2016, 5:26:54 PM2/1/16
This tough talk reminds me of some comedian's take on "trespassers will be shot" signs: you can't put up a sign making murder legal. Fucktards.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Feb 1, 2016, 5:52:02 PM2/1/16
On Mon, 1 Feb 2016 14:26:45 -0800 (PST), Some dued
<theodo...@gmail.com> wrote:

>This tough talk reminds me of some comedian's take on "trespassers will be shot" signs: you can't put up a sign making murder legal. Fucktards.

It's not murder. Trespassing on property after being warned is
suicide. The assistance might be illegal unless the corpse has a gun
in his hand. That's why people need a spare gun.

Hugh

Ken Olson

Feb 1, 2016, 6:22:38 PM2/1/16
On 2/1/2016 5:26 PM, Some dued wrote:
> This tough talk reminds me of some comedian's take on "trespassers will be shot" signs: you can't put up a sign making murder legal. Fucktards.

You're trying to make a complicated subject into an easy call. Have you
ever had to use firearms in the course of your employment? I have to
doubt it. Use of force is a very complicated issue. When to use how
much is usually fairly well defined. Some comedian has a low
probability of any knowledge of when and where deadly force is used. I
will refrain from ad hominem.

RoddyMcCorley

Feb 1, 2016, 6:24:13 PM2/1/16
Basically, yes. It does not justify the use of deadly force.

RoddyMcCorley

Feb 1, 2016, 6:37:09 PM2/1/16
Well, the past two years or so we have been provided with indisputable
video evidence that it is not complicated aty all, especially if it is
directed at a person who happens to have rather dark skin pigmentation.

Ken Olson

Feb 1, 2016, 6:46:00 PM2/1/16
On 2/1/2016 6:24 PM, RoddyMcCorley wrote:
> On 2/1/2016 12:36 AM, Ken Olson wrote:

>>> Pretty extreme, to kill someone running from a store with a few loaves
>>> of bread.
>>>

>> Would you just let anarchy reign and whatever happens, happens and we go
>> pick up the dead bodies later?
>>

> Basically, yes. It does not justify the use of deadly force.

The policy you stated 'justifies' random use of deadly force while
anarchic conditions exist. I'm not suggesting that the authorities have
snipers shoot anyone they please. I'm suggesting that there are
conditions, during civil unrest, where the use of remote deadly force
can be appropriate.

This whole thing is a big exercise in nothing anyway. The situation
that started this part of this thread never happened.

Ken Olson

Feb 1, 2016, 7:03:47 PM2/1/16
On 2/1/2016 6:37 PM, RoddyMcCorley wrote:
> On 2/1/2016 6:22 PM, Ken Olson wrote:
>> On 2/1/2016 5:26 PM, Some dued wrote:
>>> This tough talk reminds me of some comedian's take on "trespassers
>>> will be shot" signs: you can't put up a sign making murder legal.
>>> Fucktards.
>>>

>> You're trying to make a complicated subject into an easy call. Have you
>> ever had to use firearms in the course of your employment? I have to
>> doubt it. Use of force is a very complicated issue. When to use how
>> much is usually fairly well defined. Some comedian has a low
>> probability of any knowledge of when and where deadly force is used. I
>> will refrain from ad hominem.
>
> "Use of force is a very complicated issue."
> Well, the past two years or so we have been provided with indisputable
> video evidence that it is not complicated aty all, especially if it is
> directed at a person who happens to have rather dark skin pigmentation.

I had 2 occasions where I had to shoulder a rifle with the potential to
shoot humans. Thankfully, in both cases the people involved chose to
quit. In 1 case it was a black guy, the other was a white guy. I
didn't want to have to shoot either of them. Pigmentation wasn't a factor.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Feb 1, 2016, 9:32:09 PM2/1/16
On Mon, 1 Feb 2016 19:03:48 -0500, Ken Olson <kol...@freedomnet.org>
wrote:

>> "Use of force is a very complicated issue."
>> Well, the past two years or so we have been provided with indisputable
>> video evidence that it is not complicated aty all, especially if it is
>> directed at a person who happens to have rather dark skin pigmentation.
>>

>I had 2 occasions where I had to shoulder a rifle with the potential to
>shoot humans. Thankfully, in both cases the people involved chose to
>quit. In 1 case it was a black guy, the other was a white guy. I
>didn't want to have to shoot either of them. Pigmentation wasn't a factor.

Race is the straw that a drowning man hopes is a rope to tow him in.
It's all hot roddy has.

Hugh

Ken Olson

Feb 6, 2016, 4:05:50 PM2/6/16
On 1/31/2016 11:29 PM, RoddyMcCorley wrote:
> On 1/31/2016 6:02 PM, Ken Olson wrote:
>> On 1/31/2016 5:44 PM, Some dued wrote:
>>> I'd live amongst looters in a heartbeat over someone who thinks
>>> murdering anonymous humans from afar is a "nice fantasy"?
>>>

>> Murder is unjustified, if they're looting, it's justified. Hope you like
>> your neighbors.
>
> Pretty extreme, to kill someone running from a store with a few loaves
> of bread.

Would you just let anarchy reign and whatever happens, happens and we go
pick up the dead bodies later?

The general chaos and overall lawlessness where there's a disaster
situation in a highly populated area is very dangerous. Much more
dangerous of a situation where the likelihood of harm is far greater
from people behaving like criminals than from law-enforcement. In a
situation like NO, the food may as well get taken because if there's
that kind of storm damage to the store I doubt any of the food would get
re-shelved anyway.

It gets very situational when a shoot is "good" or not. I never had to
go under that microscope, but several of my fellow officers did. It's
not a good thing to deal with. The closest I ever got was taking the
weapon out of the cabinet and yelling at a convict to get back away from
the fence. Thankfully, he did. I still got a huge adrenaline dump.

I have no desire to ever harm another in any way. But, if I am put in a
situation where that's the appropriate response, they are the causal
agent, not me.