New ND Head Coach search

rwa2play, The Northern Lariat

Nov 29, 2009, 5:43:35 PM11/29/09
If and when Weis gets fired, I wouldn't be surprised if ND goes hard
after...

wait for it...wait for it...

NYG Head Coach Tom Coughlin.

(And this is a Giants fan talking about this)

A. He's had success in college with BC.
B. He's already got his ring; why deal with the pro distractions if it
goes sour again in NY. In addition: he's had the experience dealing the
with NY media; if anything he could have an easier time of it @ Notre Dame.
C. He'd have carte blanche to do what he wishes with no one @ ND
questioning it for two years.
D. Coughlin sees the success Nick (Osama Bin) Saban's had @ the cauldron
that is Alabama, why not?
E. Notre Dame DESPERATELY needs a big name for the boosters AND
potential recruits to go crazy over. Why not an NFL Head Coach WITH
successful experience in college?

Thoughts?

--
rwa2play, The Northern Lariat
Barely functional, partially reasonable and totally lazy.

“I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike
your Christ.” -- Ghandi.
"A Conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who has never
learned to walk forward." -- FDR.

Hoover

Nov 29, 2009, 5:58:18 PM11/29/09
Urban Meyer is the top choice with Brian Kelly right behind him - no one
else will get it.

"rwa2play, The Northern Lariat" <rwa2...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Sword of Troy

Nov 29, 2009, 6:42:09 PM11/29/09
On Nov 29, 2:43 pm, "rwa2play, The Northern Lariat"

I heard that it would take 40 million to buy out the current Notre
Dame coaching contracts.

tom_sa...@yahoo.com

Nov 29, 2009, 7:32:23 PM11/29/09
On Nov 29, 6:42 pm, Sword of Troy <lsf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I heard that it would take 40 million to buy out the current Notre
> Dame coaching contracts.

Well ... mistakes can be painful. At the time, I thought that Weiss
might work out, but whomever signed on the 10-year "License to Ill"
contract should personally foot some of this.

Aside from that issue, how much does it cost each year to lose a BCS
bid by losing to Navy, Stanford, UConn, Syracuse, Pitt, etc.?

I heard that O'leary has hired a proofreader and fact-checker for this
bid.

J.C. Watts Enslin

Nov 29, 2009, 8:37:05 PM11/29/09
On Nov 29, 4:43 pm, "rwa2play, The Northern Lariat"

<rwa2p...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If and when Weis gets fired, I wouldn't be surprised if ND goes hard
> after...
>
> wait for it...wait for it...
>
> NYG Head Coach Tom Coughlin.
>
> (And this is a Giants fan talking about this)
>
> A. He's had success in college with BC.
> B. He's already got his ring; why deal with the pro distractions if it
> goes sour again in NY. In addition: he's had the experience dealing the
> with NY media; if anything he could have an easier time of it @ Notre Dame.
> C. He'd have carte blanche to do what he wishes with no one @ ND
> questioning it for two years.
> D. Coughlin sees the success Nick (Osama Bin) Saban's had @ the cauldron
> that is Alabama, why not?
> E. Notre Dame DESPERATELY needs a big name for the boosters AND
> potential recruits to go crazy over. Why not an NFL Head Coach WITH
> successful experience in college?
>
> Thoughts?

I really doubt he'd want to leave the NFL.

Jon

sam

Nov 29, 2009, 8:43:44 PM11/29/09
In article <c724309f-7ba6-48dd-8d83-acc0ec61a084
@s31g2000yqs.googlegroups.com>, tom_sa...@yahoo.com says...

> On Nov 29, 6:42 pm, Sword of Troy <lsf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I heard that it would take 40 million to buy out the current Notre
> > Dame coaching contracts.
>
> Well ... mistakes can be painful. At the time, I thought that Weiss
> might work out, but whomever signed on the 10-year "License to Ill"
> contract should personally foot some of this.

NOOOOOOOOO. It is impossible for the bearded Law Givers at
Notre Dame to make a mistake! Ask Holtz or Gysin.

rwa2play, The Northern Lariat

Nov 29, 2009, 8:45:20 PM11/29/09
Hoover wrote:
> Urban Meyer is the top choice with Brian Kelly right behind him - no one
> else will get it.

They (I mean ND) would practically have to hand the keys to South Bend
for Urban to leave Gainsville...and even that won't tempt him, I think.

Kelly might be the hot name, but would the boosters want Kelly? They
might say "Uh oh, I see bad flashbacks of Tyrone Willingham's reign
flashing before my eyes."

--
rwa2play, The Northern Lariat
Barely functional, partially reasonable and totally lazy.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its
limits. -- Albert Einstein

Steve Cutchen

Nov 29, 2009, 9:25:05 PM11/29/09

CrossfaceWalls

Nov 29, 2009, 10:47:00 PM11/29/09
On Nov 29, 5:43 pm, "rwa2play, The Northern Lariat"

<rwa2p...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If and when Weis gets fired, I wouldn't be surprised if ND goes hard
> after...
>
> wait for it...wait for it...
>
> NYG Head Coach Tom Coughlin.

You've got to be kidding me.

Give up coaching an elite NFL franchise that you just won the Super
Bowl with to go to an overrated program that only an idiot would want
to take over what with the unrealistic expectations of the moronic
alums who make the NY media look like Mary Poppins?

This is among the dumbest shit you've ever posted.

CrossfaceWalls

Nov 29, 2009, 10:49:19 PM11/29/09
On Nov 29, 5:58 pm, "Hoover" <hoo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Urban Meyer is the top choice with Brian Kelly right behind him - no one
> else will get it.

Explain why Urban Meyer would want to give up a program where he can
win national championships at will for a program that should be happy
to go 7-5 every year?

Peck

Nov 29, 2009, 10:54:30 PM11/29/09

I'm with you, CW.

IMO, Notre Dame is making a mistake if they hire somebody who:

A) is over 55 years old
B) hasn't been a college football head coach in the last 10 years.

Coughlin is 63 and left Boston College in 1993.

Plus, you think college kids want to play for him? He's an asshole
disciplinarian who makes Weis look like one of The Wiggles.

Do you think Coughlin has any interest in going to a kid's house and
kissing his ass (doing the things you have to do to be successful in
the college game)?

Not to mention, as CW said, that the scrutiny you're under as the head
coach of Notre Dame is greater than that of *ANY* head coach in the
NFL.

MoParMaN

Nov 29, 2009, 10:57:07 PM11/29/09

His will, will have run out when Tebo leaves, he'll be stuck with just
another mediocre SEC team that will be unwatchable on TV.

--
--MoParMan--
---Scud Coordinates 32.61204 North 96.92989 West---

CrossfaceWalls

Nov 29, 2009, 11:03:21 PM11/29/09
> NFL.- Hide quoted text -

ND should have just stuck with Willingham. Hell, they might as well
just stick with Weis right now. And any hot young coach looking to
upgrade to a better job should be looking at Louisville, not South
Bend.

CrossfaceWalls

Nov 29, 2009, 11:06:49 PM11/29/09
On Nov 29, 10:57 pm, "MoParMaN" <shendryx.clot...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> CrossfaceWalls wrote:
> > On Nov 29, 5:58 pm, "Hoover" <hoo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >> Urban Meyer is the top choice with Brian Kelly right behind him - no
> >> one else will get it.
>
> > Explain why Urban Meyer would want to give up a program where he can
> > win national championships at will for a program that should be happy
> > to go 7-5 every year?
>
> His will, will have run out when Tebo leaves, he'll be stuck with just
> another mediocre SEC team that will be unwatchable on TV.

If he's that bad at recruiting for an elite program in the state of
Florida with no restrictions on the type of individual that can be
brought in, then he best never think of going to South Bend.

Peck

Nov 29, 2009, 11:19:29 PM11/29/09

*NOW* you've lost me. Louisville isn't a better job than Notre Dame.
Notre Dame can sit down and talk with any player in the country, guys
that wouldn't answer the phone if the Louisville coach was calling.
It's also firmly a basketball school. It's a big deal if a kid from
the local high school announces that he's going to go play football at
Notre Dame, regardless of where your high school is located. There
aren't a lot of football programs that can say that. People whine
about the academic restrictions, but that didn't keep Weis from
recruiting talented players on offense (and practically ignoring
defense for two straight signing classes).

Weis's team was so bad in '07 and he kept his job by convincing
everyone it was because the team was young and major improvement was
on the way. They've barely been average in the two seasons since.
Notre Dame can't claim to be serious about football if they let Weis
keep that job.

Brian Kelly is the obvious answer at Notre Dame. If he passes on them,
*THAT'S* when speculation should start.

MoParMaN

Nov 29, 2009, 11:31:39 PM11/29/09

It's too cold. I'ld look at Europeon football for a new coach.

Freezer

Nov 29, 2009, 11:32:49 PM11/29/09
If I don't reply to this Hoover post, the terroists win.

> Urban Meyer is the top choice with Brian Kelly right behind
> him - no one else will get it.

Please explain to me why the Screaming Blue Hell Meyer would leave
Florida for that quagmire?

--
My name is Freezer and my anti-drug is porn.
http://freezer818.livejournal.com/

Freezer

Nov 29, 2009, 11:35:10 PM11/29/09
If I don't reply to this J.C. Watts Enslin post, the terroists win.

> I really doubt he'd want to leave the NFL.

IT might be a case of jumping before you're pushed, at this rate.

Freezer

Nov 29, 2009, 11:37:00 PM11/29/09
If I don't reply to this CrossfaceWalls post, the terroists win.

> You've got to be kidding me.
>
> Give up coaching an elite NFL franchise that you just won the
> Super Bowl with to go to an overrated program that only an
> idiot would want to take over what with the unrealistic
> expectations of the moronic alums who make the NY media look
> like Mary Poppins

June Jones left a cush gig in San Diego to go be the head coach at
*Hawaii*.

At this point, I think Coughlin might be seeing the writing on the
wall (His team has stopped listening) and opt for greener pastures.

CrossfaceWalls

Nov 29, 2009, 11:46:22 PM11/29/09
On Nov 29, 11:37 pm, Freezer <freeze...@hotSPAMTHISmail.com> wrote:
> If I don't reply to this CrossfaceWalls post, the terroists win.
>
> > You've got to be kidding me.
>
> > Give up coaching an elite NFL franchise that you just won the
> > Super Bowl with to go to an overrated program that only an
> > idiot would want to take over what with the unrealistic
> > expectations of the moronic alums who make the NY media look
> > like Mary Poppins
>
> June Jones left a cush gig in San Diego to go be the head coach at
> *Hawaii*.

Actually it was Atlanta he left and the Falcons have never been too
stable as a winning franchise. Also, June was a Hawaii alum. He built
a nice program where the fans were just happy to be in the top 25
every year and got to live in one of the nicest places on Earth.

> At this point, I think Coughlin might be seeing the writing on the
> wall (His team has stopped listening) and opt for greener pastures.

His team supposedly stopped listening about three months after he got
there. Didn't stop him from winning a ring. If he's looking for peace
and quiet, he won't find it at ND.

Peck

Nov 30, 2009, 12:10:44 AM11/30/09
On Nov 29, 10:46 pm, CrossfaceWalls <Crossfacewa...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Nov 29, 11:37 pm, Freezer <freeze...@hotSPAMTHISmail.com> wrote:
>
> > If I don't reply to this CrossfaceWalls post, the terroists win.
>
> > > You've got to be kidding me.
>
> > > Give up coaching an elite NFL franchise that you just won the
> > > Super Bowl with to go to an overrated program that only an
> > > idiot would want to take over what with the unrealistic
> > > expectations of the moronic alums who make the NY media look
> > > like Mary Poppins
>
> > June Jones left a cush gig in San Diego to go be the head coach at
> > *Hawaii*.
>
> Actually it was Atlanta he left and the Falcons have never been too
> stable as a winning franchise. Also, June was a Hawaii alum. He built
> a nice program where the fans were just happy to be in the top 25
> every year and got to live in one of the nicest places on Earth.

You've both got it wrong.

Jones was fired by Atlanta, then went to San Diego as an assistant. He
then became interim coach when Kevin Gilbride got fired (and he went
3-7 as the interim coach in SD). He didn't "leave a cush gig". He
wasn't going to be retained in San Diego and had to find a new job,
and it just so happened that his alma mater was looking for a head
coach.

Hoover

Nov 30, 2009, 9:11:29 AM11/30/09
another challenge - he'll own the state - tebow is leaving - billionaire for
life

"Freezer" <free...@hotSPAMTHISmail.com> wrote in message

JeffH

Nov 30, 2009, 9:43:54 AM11/30/09
they are gonna hire leroy jenkins

xyzzy

Nov 30, 2009, 10:20:44 AM11/30/09
On Nov 29, 5:43 pm, "rwa2play, The Northern Lariat"
<rwa2p...@gmail.com> wrote:

One word: Brian Kelly.

rwa2play (Lost mode on)

Nov 30, 2009, 10:26:51 AM11/30/09

Wait, this from you?! Really? And, guess what, it's Notre Dame. They
hired Gerry fuckin' Faust for chrissake and Charlie Weis who had NO
head coaching experience.

If Kentucky could hire Billy Gillespie from A&M (college basketball I
know; but it just proves my point that big name college programs
aren't above committing a brain fart), ND would go there.

rwa2play (Lost mode on)

Nov 30, 2009, 10:29:34 AM11/30/09
On Nov 29, 11:37 pm, Freezer <freeze...@hotSPAMTHISmail.com> wrote:
> If I don't reply to this CrossfaceWalls post, the terroists win.
>
> > You've got to be kidding me.
>
> > Give up coaching an elite NFL franchise that you just won the
> > Super Bowl with to go to an overrated program that only an
> > idiot would want to take over what with the unrealistic
> > expectations of the moronic alums who make the NY media look
> > like Mary Poppins
>
> June Jones left a cush gig in San Diego to go be the head coach at
> *Hawaii*.
>
> At this point, I think Coughlin might be seeing the writing on the
> wall (His team has stopped listening) and opt for greener pastures.

DING! We have a winnah.

David E. Powell

Nov 30, 2009, 1:30:28 PM11/30/09

Ray Rhodes.

David E. Powell

Nov 30, 2009, 9:28:42 PM11/30/09
Call me crazy, but maybe they could see if Bill Cowher is ready to
return to coaching. He always said he'd think about it but tha he'd
wanted to spend time with his family. If his kids are in college now,
maybe he'd go for it.

Of course it would be one heck of a decision, and I don't fault him
for wanting to spend time with his family. He's certainly done enough
in football to be happy with.

sam

Nov 30, 2009, 9:57:25 PM11/30/09
In article <fdc5eb69-f693-404a-83f6-
8ac028...@d21g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>, David_Po...@msn.com
says...

You're crazy, David.

Freezer

Dec 1, 2009, 2:49:09 AM12/1/09
If I don't reply to this David E. Powell post, the terroists
win.

> Call me crazy, but maybe they could see if Bill Cowher is
> ready to return to coaching. He always said he'd think about
> it but tha he'd wanted to spend time with his family. If his
> kids are in college now, maybe he'd go for it.

Cowher's got his eye on the Cleveland job. Book it.

Rob Cypher RELOADED

Dec 1, 2009, 4:40:53 PM12/1/09
On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 07:49:09 +0000 (UTC), Freezer <free...@hotSPAMTHISmail.com>
wrote:

>If I don't reply to this David E. Powell post, the terroists
>win.
>
>> Call me crazy, but maybe they could see if Bill Cowher is
>> ready to return to coaching. He always said he'd think about
>> it but tha he'd wanted to spend time with his family. If his
>> kids are in college now, maybe he'd go for it.
>
>Cowher's got his eye on the Cleveland job. Book it.

Wrong. He wants Carolina. He owns property in that area, if I
remember correctly. Cleveland is maybe No. 2 on his list at best.
--
Rob Cypher
http://robcypher.livejournal.com

Music Reviews:
http://apps.facebook.com/visualcdrack/people/1713595594
Book Reviews:
http://apps.facebook.com/facebookshelf/people/1713595594
Movie Reviews:
http://apps.facebook.com/dvdshelf/people/1713595594
TV Reviews:
http://apps.facebook.com/livingsocial-tv/people/1713595594
Video Game Reviews:
http://apps.facebook.com/videogamerack/people/1713595594

WARNING - THE SHROOMERY IS FULL OF RACISTS. Proof is presented here:
http://robcypher.livejournal.com/68904.html

Eric Kemp

Dec 1, 2009, 8:47:25 PM12/1/09
JeffH wrote:
> they are gonna hire leroy jenkins

Obligatory link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkCNJRfSZBU

NSFW, and heavy on the geek scale, but still funny.