mianderson writes on various football topics....

mianderson

Dec 18, 2010, 11:04:14 AM12/18/10
Donovan Mcnabb being benched. A complete nonstory, since everyone
outside the msm knew he wasn't very good. And no, it's not a "he's
washed up" thing that they are trying to spin now. It's more of a "he
was mediocre at his best and now that he is 34 or so he's fallen below
mediocre".......why the redskins felt the need to waste 3.5 million
dollars that they have to pay him in guaranteed money I don't know
since it was already clear by that time he wasnt going to be around
next year. thats 3.5 million down the drain.

Honest question for legal big branes: If someone wants another person
dead, and they participate in negotiations in real/concrete terms with
a hit man to kill that person, if that person dies in a car wreck a
week later was a crime of some sort still committed?

I love the nfl, but it sure has become rather dull this year. No real
special teams. I miss great teams.......

Will be interesting to see how many live bodies are actually in the
stands for the fiesta bowl this year. I think it will be more than
people are thinking....Im thinking low priced tickets(literally 10-20
bucks outside the stadium) get enough local college football fans to
say "what the hell...I'll go out and watch the fiesta bowl for
basically nothing". Also sort of curious to see what sort of crowd is
at the orange bowl. The orange bowl has had some dreadful crowds of
late(gt-iowa had a bunch of empty seats as well as vt-cincy), so Im
anticipating the upper decks in miami to be rather bare there.....

Also, it's good to see the cotton start to get a little momentum.
Consider this: the cotton bowl will be shown on prime time. the
cotton bowl will be packed, and far more fans/interest will be present
for that game than 2 of the other bcs games(orange and fiesta).
basically, the cotton bowl this year will have much more of a "big
bowl" feel than the orange or fiesta.......which is interesting since
it pays like 20% what those others do.

And speaking of the orange, they desparately need to do something to
get rid of the acc albatross around their neck. The bigleast team
always gets thrown to whichever bowl ends up having to pick last year
in and year out because there is no affiliation, but the orange is
saddled year after year with the acc. And it really makes no sense
since....from gatech-iowa to cincy-vatech to vatech-kansas to wake
forest-louisville they're been saddled with games that nobody cares
about, nobody watches, and not all that many people go to. What's
worse is that since the acc never gets a second bcs bid, they never
get to pick a high at large team either that would be very
attractive. For example the sugar this year gets a 1 loss OSU because
they "lost" out on sec champ auburn......so not only does the orange
get penalized for being bound to an acc team year in and year out,
they get double penalized for never getting to pick the first at large
team because the acc winner never plays in the bcs title game.

Kyle T. Jones

Dec 18, 2010, 11:07:14 AM12/18/10
mianderson wrote:
> Donovan Mcnabb being benched. A complete nonstory, since everyone
> outside the msm knew he wasn't very good. And no, it's not a "he's
> washed up" thing that they are trying to spin now. It's more of a "he
> was mediocre at his best and now that he is 34 or so he's fallen below
> mediocre".......why the redskins felt the need to waste 3.5 million
> dollars that they have to pay him in guaranteed money I don't know
> since it was already clear by that time he wasnt going to be around
> next year. thats 3.5 million down the drain.

Good point.

> Honest question for legal big branes: If someone wants another person
> dead, and they participate in negotiations in real/concrete terms with
> a hit man to kill that person, if that person dies in a car wreck a
> week later was a crime of some sort still committed?

Yes. Conspiracy to commit x is still a crime, regardless of the success
or lack of regarding x.

> I love the nfl, but it sure has become rather dull this year. No real
> special teams. I miss great teams.......

Not to echo Kardex, but I kinda felt that way about the regular college
football season. Maybe I'm just numb about Michigan, I guess.

> Will be interesting to see how many live bodies are actually in the
> stands for the fiesta bowl this year. I think it will be more than
> people are thinking....Im thinking low priced tickets(literally 10-20
> bucks outside the stadium) get enough local college football fans to
> say "what the hell...I'll go out and watch the fiesta bowl for
> basically nothing". Also sort of curious to see what sort of crowd is
> at the orange bowl. The orange bowl has had some dreadful crowds of
> late(gt-iowa had a bunch of empty seats as well as vt-cincy), so Im
> anticipating the upper decks in miami to be rather bare there.....

Will be a fun game to watch.

> Also, it's good to see the cotton start to get a little momentum.
> Consider this: the cotton bowl will be shown on prime time. the
> cotton bowl will be packed, and far more fans/interest will be present
> for that game than 2 of the other bcs games(orange and fiesta).
> basically, the cotton bowl this year will have much more of a "big
> bowl" feel than the orange or fiesta.......which is interesting since
> it pays like 20% what those others do.

If Jerry Jones and Mark Cuban start talking, get ready for some changes.

> And speaking of the orange, they desparately need to do something to
> get rid of the acc albatross around their neck. The bigleast team
> always gets thrown to whichever bowl ends up having to pick last year
> in and year out because there is no affiliation, but the orange is
> saddled year after year with the acc. And it really makes no sense
> since....from gatech-iowa to cincy-vatech to vatech-kansas to wake
> forest-louisville they're been saddled with games that nobody cares
> about, nobody watches, and not all that many people go to. What's
> worse is that since the acc never gets a second bcs bid, they never
> get to pick a high at large team either that would be very
> attractive. For example the sugar this year gets a 1 loss OSU because
> they "lost" out on sec champ auburn......so not only does the orange
> get penalized for being bound to an acc team year in and year out,
> they get double penalized for never getting to pick the first at large
> team because the acc winner never plays in the bcs title game.

Yeah, the Big Least and ACC are awful.

Cheers.

mianderson

Dec 18, 2010, 11:12:04 AM12/18/10
On Dec 18, 11:07 am, "Kyle T. Jones"

> > Honest question for legal big branes:  If someone wants another person
> > dead, and they participate in negotiations in real/concrete terms with
> > a hit man to kill that person, if that person dies in a car wreck a
> > week later was a crime of some sort still committed?
>
> Yes.  Conspiracy to commit x is still a crime, regardless of the success
> or lack of regarding x.

So why is cam newton still eligible to play then? What was the ncaa
thinking there?

> > I love the nfl, but it sure has become rather dull this year.  No real
> > special teams.  I miss great teams.......
>
> Not to echo Kardex, but I kinda felt that way about the regular college
> football season.  Maybe I'm just numb about Michigan, I guess.

we haven't seen any evidence that Oregon isn't a special team.

we've seen a lot of evidence that Auburn isn't a special team, but
that was in the first half of the year.....starting with the lsu game,
they have looked special.

 The orange bowl has had some dreadful crowds of
> > late(gt-iowa had a bunch of empty seats as well as vt-cincy), so Im
> > anticipating the upper decks in miami to be rather bare there.....
>
> Will be a fun game to watch.

If stanford doesn't choke, they should handle vt easily........

Tonawanda Kardex

Dec 18, 2010, 11:21:14 AM12/18/10
On 12/18/10 8:07 AM, Kyle T. Jones wrote:

> Not to echo Kardex, but I kinda felt that way about the regular college
> football season. Maybe I'm just numb about Michigan, I guess.

And I'm coming from the opposite perspective -- I am thrilled for Sparty.

College football just sucks, though, because the BCS is a sham -- and
that makes all this foreplay meaningless, since the endgame is a joke.

--
Uh, whatever, dewd.

mianderson

Dec 18, 2010, 11:25:05 AM12/18/10
On Dec 18, 11:21 am, Tonawanda Kardex <tonawandakar...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 12/18/10 8:07 AM, Kyle T. Jones wrote:
>
> > Not to echo Kardex, but I kinda felt that way about the regular college
> > football season. Maybe I'm just numb about Michigan, I guess.
>
> And I'm coming from the opposite perspective -- I am thrilled for Sparty.

ummm...why exactly?

I guess it pretty much sums up what sort of expectations michigan
state fans have for their program- going to the capone bowl and being
double digit underdogs to a team that finished 4th in a 6 team
division is something to be "thrilled" over......

David Loewe, Jr.

Dec 18, 2010, 12:30:19 PM12/18/10
On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 08:25:05 -0800 (PST), mianderson
<cla...@excite.com> wrote:

>Tonawanda Kardex <tonawandakar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 12/18/10 8:07 AM, Kyle T. Jones wrote:
>>
>> > Not to echo Kardex, but I kinda felt that way about the regular college
>> > football season. Maybe I'm just numb about Michigan, I guess.
>>
>> And I'm coming from the opposite perspective -- I am thrilled for Sparty.
>
>ummm...why exactly?
>
>I guess it pretty much sums up what sort of expectations michigan
>state fans have for their program- going to the capone bowl

Welcome to sunny Soldier Field for the first annual Capone Bowl! The
losing team will celebrate a new tradition - donning the cement
overshoes and taking an exciting "Polar Bear Plunge" into the brisk
waters of Lake Michigan.

"You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a
kind word alone." - Al Capone

You need to learn about the Shift Key.
--
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."
- General James N. Mattis

Damon Hynes, Cyclone Ranger

Dec 18, 2010, 12:39:02 PM12/18/10
On Dec 18, 10:04 am, mianderson <clay...@excite.com> wrote:
> Donovan Mcnabb being benched.  A complete nonstory, since everyone
> outside the msm knew he wasn't very good.  And no, it's not a "he's
> washed up" thing that they are trying to spin now.  It's more of a "he
> was mediocre at his best and now that he is 34 or so he's fallen below
> mediocre".......why the redskins felt the need to waste 3.5 million
> dollars that they have to pay him in guaranteed money I don't know
> since it was already clear by that time he wasnt going to be around
> next year.  thats 3.5 million down the drain.

Limbaugh on line one...

> I love the nfl, but it sure has become rather dull this year.  No real
> special teams.  I miss great teams.......

CFB is watching amateur married pron. NFL is watching siliconed,
professional drug-addicted women in between dancing gigs. Different
strokes, so to speak.

> Will be interesting to see how many live bodies are actually in the
> stands for the fiesta bowl this year.  I think it will be more than
> people are thinking....Im thinking low priced tickets(literally 10-20
> bucks outside the stadium) get enough local college football fans to
> say "what the hell...I'll go out and watch the fiesta bowl for
> basically nothing".

We are all Husky fans. This is the ne plus ultra trap game for OU,
but they should be used to it.

Also sort of curious to see what sort of crowd is
> at the orange bowl.  The orange bowl has had some dreadful crowds of
> late(gt-iowa had a bunch of empty seats as well as vt-cincy), so Im
> anticipating the upper decks in miami to be rather bare there.....

One of these days, Clemp or FSU or VT will be 1-loss going in and then
it'll be worth watching. (I'm worried about GT, parenthetically.)

> Also, it's good to see the cotton start to get a little momentum.

Say what you will about Jerruhjones: Everything he touches turns to
gold. Sure, teh Cowboys suck, but they suck all the way to the bank.

> And speaking of the orange, they desparately need to do something to
> get rid of the acc albatross around their neck.

I can't argue.

Huck Kennedy

Dec 18, 2010, 12:46:11 PM12/18/10
On Dec 18, 9:04 am, mianderson <clay...@excite.com> wrote:
> Donovan Mcnabb being benched.  A complete nonstory, since everyone
> outside the msm knew he wasn't very good.  And no, it's not a "he's
> washed up" thing that they are trying to spin now.  It's more of a "he
> was mediocre at his best and now that he is 34 or so he's fallen below
> mediocre

Thanks, Rush! ($1 to Dahmus)

Huck

John Rogers

Dec 18, 2010, 1:58:14 PM12/18/10
Hey, mianderson <cla...@excite.com>... keep the change, you filthy
animal.

I can't wait until you review the Auburn/bammer game, mia!

John M. Rogers
AU Class of 1985
The Al Del Greco of Atlanta

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so
forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be
controlled and those who have no such desire. The former are idealists acting from highest motives for the
greatest good of the greatest number. The latter are surly curmudgeons, suspicious and lacking in altruism.
But they are more comfortable neighbors than the other sort."

(Robert Heinlein)

Dale Hicks

Dec 18, 2010, 2:07:37 PM12/18/10
In article <v01qg6plm19ocsnv4...@4ax.com>, tiger7_88
@yahoo.com says...

> Hey, mianderson <cla...@excite.com>... keep the change, you filthy
> animal.
>

> I can't wait until you review the Auburn/bammer game, mia!

Still hurting, I see.

--
Cranial Crusader dgh 1138 at bell south point net

Tonawanda Kardex

Dec 18, 2010, 2:13:49 PM12/18/10
On 12/18/10 9:30 AM, David Loewe, Jr. wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 08:25:05 -0800 (PST), mianderson
> <cla...@excite.com> wrote:
>
>> Tonawanda Kardex<tonawandakar...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> And I'm coming from the opposite perspective -- I am thrilled for Sparty.
>>
>> ummm...why exactly?
>>
>> I guess it pretty much sums up what sort of expectations michigan
>> state fans have for their program- going to the capone bowl
>
> Welcome to sunny Soldier Field for the first annual Capone Bowl! The
> losing team will celebrate a new tradition - donning the cement
> overshoes and taking an exciting "Polar Bear Plunge" into the brisk
> waters of Lake Michigan.
>
> "You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a
> kind word alone." - Al Capone
>
> You need to learn about the Shift Key.

He needs to courtesy flush, since his bate is so stinky. As if insulting
MSU football could hurt? Dude forgets Sparty just won its first Big Ten
title in 20 years.

What a tool. Now, if he really wanted to bait an MSU fan, he'd start
questioning Izzo's integrity.

--
Uh, whatever, dewd.

mianderson

Dec 18, 2010, 4:55:46 PM12/18/10
On Dec 18, 2:13 pm, Tonawanda Kardex <tonawandakar...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 12/18/10 9:30 AM, David Loewe, Jr. wrote:
>

> > On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 08:25:05 -0800 (PST), mianderson
> > <clay...@excite.com>  wrote:

I, like most people, don't watch enough college basketball to know or
care about it..

> --
> Uh, whatever, dewd.- Hide quoted text -

mianderson

Dec 18, 2010, 4:57:03 PM12/18/10

eh....rush made a stupid point I thought.

Mcnabb was overrated sure, but not because of that........

lots of white players have been overrated in the past at the qb
position before as well.

> Huck

tom_sa...@yahoo.com

Dec 18, 2010, 7:28:27 PM12/18/10
On Dec 18, 11:12 am, mianderson <clay...@excite.com> wrote:
> So why is cam newton still eligible to play then?  What was the ncaa
> thinking there?

The ncaa was protecting a cash cow product by ruling that Newton "did
not know" what was going on and therefore, not guilty of a violation.

Last year, Deniz Kilicli came to WVU to play basketball. It was later
found that on one of the Turkish national teams he played for, there
was a paid player (unknown to him). He was suspended for 20 games for
the association.

The ncaa pretty much runs on selective enforcement.

mianderson

Dec 18, 2010, 8:07:16 PM12/18/10
On Dec 18, 7:28 pm, "tom_sawye...@yahoo.com" <tom_sawye...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> On Dec 18, 11:12 am, mianderson <clay...@excite.com> wrote:
>
> > So why is cam newton still eligible to play then?  What was the ncaa
> > thinking there?
>
> The ncaa was protecting a cash cow product by ruling that Newton "did
> not know" what was going on and therefore, not guilty of a violation.

honest question for newton supporters- if it can be said that cam
newton "did not know" what was going on, how can we prove *anyone*
knew what was going on? All players have to do now is just use their
fathers as the go between......

John Rogers

Dec 18, 2010, 10:06:03 PM12/18/10
Hey, mianderson <cla...@excite.com>... keep the change, you filthy
animal.

>On Dec 18, 7:28 pm, "tom_sawye...@yahoo.com" <tom_sawye...@yahoo.com>

honest question for morons like mia - if it can be said that asking
for money on behalf of a player without that player's knowledge DOES
disqualify that player from further eligibility, what is stopping
rival schools from sending in ringers to request money on behalf of
players that they think they may feel a "need" (i.e. they are on a
rival team) to get disqualified in the future?

Kyle T. Jones

Dec 18, 2010, 10:14:29 PM12/18/10
John Rogers wrote:
> Hey, mianderson <cla...@excite.com>... keep the change, you filthy
> animal.
>
>> On Dec 18, 7:28 pm, "tom_sawye...@yahoo.com" <tom_sawye...@yahoo.com>
>> wrote:

>>> The ncaa was protecting a cash cow product by ruling that Newton "did
>>> not know" what was going on and therefore, not guilty of a violation.
>> honest question for newton supporters- if it can be said that cam
>> newton "did not know" what was going on, how can we prove *anyone*
>> knew what was going on? All players have to do now is just use their
>> fathers as the go between......
>
> honest question for morons like mia - if it can be said that asking
> for money on behalf of a player without that player's knowledge DOES
> disqualify that player from further eligibility, what is stopping
> rival schools from sending in ringers to request money on behalf of
> players that they think they may feel a "need" (i.e. they are on a
> rival team) to get disqualified in the future?

Absolutely. This is where common sense comes into play. I imagine one
of the greatest mitigating factors would be the relationship the
requester has with the player - the closer that relationship, the more
severe the penalty.

Agreed?

Cheers.

Antonio Veranos

Dec 18, 2010, 10:16:28 PM12/18/10
[Kyle T. Jones <onexpa...@EVOMERyahoodotyouknow.com>]
[Sat, 18 Dec 2010 21:14:29 -0600]

: Absolutely. This is where common sense comes into play. I imagine one

: of the greatest mitigating factors would be the relationship the
: requester has with the player - the closer that relationship, the more
: severe the penalty.

Well-played.

--
Antonio Veranos

John Rogers

Dec 18, 2010, 11:35:45 PM12/18/10
Hey, "Kyle T. Jones" <onexpa...@EVOMERyahoodotyouknow.com>... keep

Some players are closer to their coaches than their own fathers.

Some players don't even KNOW their fathers.

Your all-in-one solution would seem to not give a shit about those
players.

Kyle T. Jones

Dec 19, 2010, 12:37:05 AM12/19/10

Hence my use of the word "closer" in the context of "relationship". You
complain about my "closeness of relationship" style solution by
providing "counter" examples that differentiate along the "closeness of
relationship" scale. Ridiculous. Fail.

Cheers.

Eric Ramon

Dec 19, 2010, 1:25:12 AM12/19/10
On Dec 18, 8:35 pm, John Rogers <tiger7...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hey, "Kyle T. Jones" <onexpadREM...@EVOMERyahoodotyouknow.com>... keep

> the change, you filthy animal.
>

> >John Rogers wrote:
> >> Hey, mianderson <clay...@excite.com>... keep the change, you filthy

Cam Newton knows his father. Cam Newton is extremely close to his
father. His father told him he was not going to Mississippi State and
so Cam Newton did not go there. Perhaps player x with father y and
coach z are hypothetical. Cam Newton and Cecil Newton are not.

McMahone

Dec 19, 2010, 9:03:01 AM12/19/10
On Dec 18, 10:35 pm, John Rogers <tiger7...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hey, "Kyle T. Jones" <onexpadREM...@EVOMERyahoodotyouknow.com>... keep

> the change, you filthy animal.
>

> >John Rogers wrote:
> >> Hey, mianderson <clay...@excite.com>... keep the change, you filthy

This is such a great solution. From now on, players just get mom or
dad to negotiate with the school, ask for all they want and then say
"I didn't know" No more recruiting violations. Genius.

Jaybyrd

Dec 19, 2010, 9:10:04 AM12/19/10
On Dec 18, 10:06 pm, John Rogers <tiger7...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hey, mianderson <clay...@excite.com>... keep the change, you filthy

> animal.
>
> >On Dec 18, 7:28 pm, "tom_sawye...@yahoo.com" <tom_sawye...@yahoo.com>
> >wrote:

> >> The ncaa was protecting a cash cow product by ruling that Newton "did
> >> not know" what was going on and therefore, not guilty of a violation.
>
> >honest question for newton supporters-  if it can be said that cam
> >newton "did not know" what was going on, how can we prove *anyone*
> >knew what was going on?  All players have to do now is just use their
> >fathers as the go between......
>
> honest question for morons like mia - if it can be said that asking
> for money on behalf of a player without that player's knowledge DOES
> disqualify that player from further eligibility, what is stopping
> rival schools from sending in ringers to request money on behalf of
> players that they think they may feel a "need" (i.e. they are on a
> rival team) to get disqualified in the future?

this has happened elsewhere yet for some schools it is not big news.
Why when Hypesman candidate Troy Smith accepted booster money
(confirmed by the tOSU AD) was it no big deal and he was suspended for
2 dumn games ? Yet Cam Newton is in every sports story from November
to now?

Antonio Veranos

Dec 19, 2010, 9:15:23 AM12/19/10
[McMahone <mmcm...@umhb.edu>]
[Sun, 19 Dec 2010 06:03:01 -0800 (PST)]

: > Some players are closer to their coaches than their own fathers.

: >
:
: This is such a great solution. From now on, players just get mom or
: dad to negotiate with the school, ask for all they want and then say
: "I didn't know" No more recruiting violations. Genius.

LEEEEEEEEAAAAAAVEEEEEE CAM ALOOOOOOOOOOONNNNEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

BOO HOO HOO!!!! ($1 Auburn fans)

--
Antonio Veranos

mianderson

Dec 19, 2010, 9:59:07 AM12/19/10
On Dec 18, 10:06 pm, John Rogers <tiger7...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hey, mianderson <clay...@excite.com>... keep the change, you filthy

> animal.
>
> >On Dec 18, 7:28 pm, "tom_sawye...@yahoo.com" <tom_sawye...@yahoo.com>
> >wrote:

> >> The ncaa was protecting a cash cow product by ruling that Newton "did
> >> not know" what was going on and therefore, not guilty of a violation.
>
> >honest question for newton supporters-  if it can be said that cam
> >newton "did not know" what was going on, how can we prove *anyone*
> >knew what was going on?  All players have to do now is just use their
> >fathers as the go between......
>
> honest question for morons like mia - if it can be said that asking
> for money on behalf of a player without that player's knowledge DOES
> disqualify that player from further eligibility, what is stopping
> rival schools from sending in ringers to request money on behalf of
> players that they think they may feel a "need" (i.e. they are on a
> rival team) to get disqualified in the future?

obviously common sense and a little very basic background research may
be required.....If it turns out that john rogers is trying to "sell" a
prized recruit to alabama, that would obviously not be an issue. Of
course in cases like that the school trying to be sold the player
wouldn't have any incentive to participate in the negotiations either
because they wouldn't be under the assumption the representative is
speaking for the player.

When it's someones freaking dad and it's well known that the son and
father are very close, well....thats a different story.

mianderson

Dec 19, 2010, 10:01:05 AM12/19/10
On Dec 18, 11:35 pm, John Rogers <tiger7...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hey, "Kyle T. Jones" <onexpadREM...@EVOMERyahoodotyouknow.com>... keep

> the change, you filthy animal.
>

> >John Rogers wrote:
> >> Hey, mianderson <clay...@excite.com>... keep the change, you filthy

the ncaa could look into this rogers and go on a player by player
basis......also, if it's known that a father and player are *not
close* then the school being offered wouldn't want to participate in
such discussions because they would know their money wouldn't be
neccessarily buying anythiong.....

mianderson

Dec 19, 2010, 10:02:10 AM12/19/10

exactly....the precedant this sets is incredibly troubling. Now all
you have to do is not show up for the negotiations in person with your
dad and there is nothing the ncaa can do.....

mianderson

Dec 19, 2010, 10:04:42 AM12/19/10
On Dec 19, 9:03 am, McMahone <mmcmah...@umhb.edu> wrote:

thats why I draw absolutely no distinction between cam and his
father.....

the ncaa decided not to make cam newton ineligible because there is no
evidence auburn paid newton. I think it's also horrible precedant
that a player can ask for money(6 figure money) from other schools and
still be eligible, but thats the decision the ncaa has made.

Some dued

Dec 19, 2010, 2:22:53 PM12/19/10

It's amazing that Bledsoe was considered an elite QB until he got
injured and Brady showed that he was the weak link.

John Rogers

Dec 19, 2010, 3:22:03 PM12/19/10
Hey, "Kyle T. Jones" <onexpa...@EVOMERyahoodotyouknow.com>... keep
the change, you filthy animal.

>Hence my use of the word "closer" in the context of "relationship". You

>complain about my "closeness of relationship" style solution by
>providing "counter" examples that differentiate along the "closeness of
>relationship" scale. Ridiculous. Fail.

Who you gonna get to judge the "closeness" scale?

You?

A psychologist?

Who the fuck are you or another stranger to judge who is "close" and
who is not? And to follow that up with some kind of judgement of just
HOW "close"?

Fail, indeed.

You may as well pass an NCAA reg that says "this regulation says that
you have violated a rule just because I say you have". I'm sure that
would make you so very much happier.

John Rogers

Dec 19, 2010, 3:23:29 PM12/19/10
Hey, Eric Ramon <ramon...@gmail.com>... keep the change, you filthy
animal.

>Cam Newton knows his father. Cam Newton is extremely close to his

>father. His father told him he was not going to Mississippi State and
>so Cam Newton did not go there. Perhaps player x with father y and
>coach z are hypothetical. Cam Newton and Cecil Newton are not.

So all of you high and mighty folk are POSITIVE that ol' Cam is lying
about what he knows and when he knew it.

But you are also POSITIVE that he is telling the TRUTH about how close
he is with his father.

That's some real convenient shit, right there.

John Rogers

Dec 19, 2010, 3:24:09 PM12/19/10
Hey, McMahone <mmcm...@umhb.edu>... keep the change, you filthy
animal.

>This is such a great solution. From now on, players just get mom or

>dad to negotiate with the school, ask for all they want and then say
>"I didn't know" No more recruiting violations. Genius.

Or you can pass a rule preventing that and nipping it in the bud.

Kyle T. Jones

Dec 19, 2010, 4:08:35 PM12/19/10
John Rogers wrote:
> Hey, "Kyle T. Jones" <onexpa...@EVOMERyahoodotyouknow.com>... keep
> the change, you filthy animal.
>
>> Hence my use of the word "closer" in the context of "relationship". You
>> complain about my "closeness of relationship" style solution by
>> providing "counter" examples that differentiate along the "closeness of
>> relationship" scale. Ridiculous. Fail.
>
> Who you gonna get to judge the "closeness" scale?
>
> You?
>
> A psychologist?
>
> Who the fuck are you or another stranger to judge who is "close" and
> who is not? And to follow that up with some kind of judgement of just
> HOW "close"?

And this is why, if you go back to my original reply:

"Absolutely. This is where common sense comes into play. I imagine one
of the greatest mitigating factors would be the relationship the
requester has with the player - the closer that relationship, the more
severe the penalty.

Agreed? "

It was all in there the first time - and extraordinarily succinct, for
my generally over-verbose ass. All you've done since is removed
sections and pretended I hadn't already answered your objections.
That's weak, even by Usenet standards.

HTH.

Cheers.

Kyle T. Jones

Dec 19, 2010, 4:10:34 PM12/19/10
John Rogers wrote:
> Hey, Eric Ramon <ramon...@gmail.com>... keep the change, you filthy
> animal.
>
>> Cam Newton knows his father. Cam Newton is extremely close to his
>> father. His father told him he was not going to Mississippi State and
>> so Cam Newton did not go there. Perhaps player x with father y and
>> coach z are hypothetical. Cam Newton and Cecil Newton are not.
>

> So all of you high and mighty folk are POSITIVE that ol' Cam is lying
> about what he knows and when he knew it.
>
> But you are also POSITIVE that he is telling the TRUTH about how close
> he is with his father.
>
> That's some real convenient shit, right there.

Holy crap, I can hardly remember a weaker RSFC reply that didn't
originate over on that @#$%ing wrasslin' group.

You a wrassler, John?

Here's a hint - there are all kinds of ways to judge the closeness of
Cam and CamPapa without relying on anything Cam said. Do you find that
helpful? You're being an incredible homer on this issue.

Cheers.

StephenJ

Dec 19, 2010, 4:17:02 PM12/19/10
>On Dec 19, 1:04 am, mianderson <clay...@excite.com> wrote:

> Honest question for legal big branes:  If someone wants another person
> dead, and they participate in negotiations in real/concrete terms with
> a hit man to kill that person, if that person dies in a car wreck a
> week later was a crime of some sort still committed?

yep, "conspiracy".

> I love the nfl, but it sure has become rather dull this year.  No real
> special teams.  I miss great teams.......

the patriots are mowing through a very tough schedule. the NFL lines
them up and they keep knocking them out.

> Will be interesting to see how many live bodies are actually in the
> stands for the fiesta bowl this year.  I think it will be more than
> people are thinking....Im thinking low priced tickets(literally 10-20
> bucks outside the stadium) get enough local college football fans to
> say "what the hell...I'll go out and watch the fiesta bowl for
> basically nothing".

i see the point but doubt it. local arizonans don't care that much.

> Also, it's good to see the cotton start to get a little momentum.
> Consider this:  the cotton bowl will be shown on prime time.

Yes, jerry world on january 7 means it's practically BCS-level, where
it should be.

> And speaking of the orange, they desparately need to do something to
> get rid of the acc albatross around their neck.

Yes, it's killing what was usually the best bowl during my youth (save
for the 45 minute halftimes).

Antonio Veranos

Dec 19, 2010, 4:28:00 PM12/19/10
[Kyle T. Jones <onexpa...@EVOMERyahoodotyouknow.com>]
[Sun, 19 Dec 2010 15:08:35 -0600]

[...]

Well said.

--
Antonio Veranos

John Rogers

Dec 19, 2010, 4:43:58 PM12/19/10
Hey, "Kyle T. Jones" <onexpa...@EVOMERyahoodotyouknow.com>... keep

Nope, I'm just sitting back and letting the NCAA do what it does.

Unlike you stupid fuckers who are into wish-fulfillment... you wish,
therefore it IS.

Antonio Veranos

Dec 19, 2010, 4:50:12 PM12/19/10
[John Rogers <tige...@yahoo.com>]
[Sun, 19 Dec 2010 16:43:58 -0500]

: >Here's a hint - there are all kinds of ways to judge the closeness of

: >Cam and CamPapa without relying on anything Cam said. Do you find that
: >helpful? You're being an incredible homer on this issue.
:
: Nope, I'm just sitting back and letting the NCAA do what it does.
:
: Unlike you stupid fuckers who are into wish-fulfillment... you wish,
: therefore it IS.

Wrong. Your precious little persecution complex is so far beyond tiresome it's
not at all funny anymore, it's just sad. People form opinions based on what
they see, read, hear, etc... and you whine about it constantly as if people
have some agenda against Auburn, despite there being NO justification for your
bleating other than people expressing doubts about Cam Newton's actions,
knowledge, etc. Nice little bit of circular illogic you've got going there!

--
Antonio Veranos

StephenJ

Dec 19, 2010, 6:52:56 PM12/19/10
On Dec 19, 12:06 pm, John Rogers <tiger7...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hey, mianderson <clay...@excite.com>... keep the change, you filthy

> animal.
>
> >On Dec 18, 7:28 pm, "tom_sawye...@yahoo.com" <tom_sawye...@yahoo.com>
> >wrote:

> >> The ncaa was protecting a cash cow product by ruling that Newton "did
> >> not know" what was going on and therefore, not guilty of a violation.
>
> >honest question for newton supporters-  if it can be said that cam
> >newton "did not know" what was going on, how can we prove *anyone*
> >knew what was going on?  All players have to do now is just use their
> >fathers as the go between......
>
> honest question for morons like mia - if it can be said that asking
> for money on behalf of a player without that player's knowledge DOES
> disqualify that player from further eligibility, what is stopping
> rival schools from sending in ringers to request money on behalf of
> players that they think they may feel a "need" (i.e. they are on a
> rival team) to get disqualified in the future?

My problem with AU is that they should have completely banned cam's
father from all athletic contacts - no attending practices, games,
anything related to AU athletics. he should be totally persona non
grata at all AU, and all NCAA athletic activities, for that matter.

dnrapp

Dec 19, 2010, 10:16:13 PM12/19/10
On Dec 18, 8:04 am, mianderson <clay...@excite.com> wrote:
> Donovan Mcnabb being benched.  A complete nonstory, since everyone
> outside the msm knew he wasn't very good.  And no, it's not a "he's
> washed up" thing that they are trying to spin now.  It's more of a "he
> was mediocre at his best and now that he is 34 or so he's fallen below
> mediocre".......why the redskins felt the need to waste 3.5 million
> dollars that they have to pay him in guaranteed money I don't know
> since it was already clear by that time he wasnt going to be around
> next year.  thats 3.5 million down the drain.

> Honest question for legal big branes:  If someone wants another person
> dead, and they participate in negotiations in real/concrete terms with
> a hit man to kill that person, if that person dies in a car wreck a
> week later was a crime of some sort still committed?
>
> I love the nfl, but it sure has become rather dull this year.  No real
> special teams.  I miss great teams.......
>
> Will be interesting to see how many live bodies are actually in the
> stands for the fiesta bowl this year.  I think it will be more than
> people are thinking....

Fewer than the number of people who were at the Fiesta Bowl last year,
You know the one that you said was a matchup of 2 bad teams. And I bet
you more people will have watched the game last year that will watch
it this year.

As for the Orange. Yes there will be 3 times as many Va Tech fans
there than Stanford fans. But one Stanford Alum will spend more that 5
Tech fans in the run up to the game. Making the businesses in the
Miami area happy.

Michael Press

Dec 21, 2010, 5:22:37 PM12/21/10
In article <nr2rg6hgehl09oatk...@4ax.com>,
John Rogers <tige...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Your all-in-one solution would seem to not give a shit about those
> players.

I do not care about the players.
There are plenty as do, and they
do not need my help.

I care about even handed enforcement;
not that there is much to care about
their either.

--
Michael Press

Michael Press

Dec 21, 2010, 5:38:47 PM12/21/10
In article <nhtqg6521e30bbipg...@4ax.com>,
John Rogers <tige...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> honest question for morons like mia -

Dang! That is good. You do not see well poisoning
this effective every day.

--
Michael Press

mianderson

Dec 21, 2010, 6:45:24 PM12/21/10
On Dec 19, 2:22 pm, John Rogers <tiger7...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hey, "Kyle T. Jones" <onexpadREM...@EVOMERyahoodotyouknow.com>... keep

> the change, you filthy animal.
>
> >Hence my use of the word "closer" in the context of "relationship".  You
> >complain about my "closeness of relationship" style solution by
> >providing "counter" examples that differentiate along the "closeness of
> >relationship" scale.  Ridiculous.  Fail.
>
> Who you gonna get to judge the "closeness" scale?
>
> You?
>
> A psychologist?
>
> Who the fuck are you or another stranger to judge who is "close" and
> who is not?  And to follow that up with some kind of judgement of just
> HOW "close"?
>
> Fail, indeed.
>
> You may as well pass an NCAA reg that says "this regulation says that
> you have violated a rule just because I say you have".  I'm sure that
> would make you so very much happier.

there are other ways to evaluate how "close" two people are
rogers......

but I'll ask the same question no auburn fan can answer: since cam
newton has been ruled eligible by the ncaa, what in the world is to
stop future recruits from using their father as a go between to "sell"
their services?

If the father gets caught, all you have to do is say "oh, I wasnt
involved".....

Jaybyrd

Dec 21, 2010, 6:46:17 PM12/21/10

so sez the U$C fan

mianderson

Dec 21, 2010, 7:11:13 PM12/21/10
On Dec 19, 3:50 pm, Antonio Veranos <summerstorm0...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> [John Rogers <tiger7...@yahoo.com>]

> [Sun, 19 Dec 2010 16:43:58 -0500]
>
> : >Here's a hint - there are all kinds of ways to judge the closeness of
> : >Cam and CamPapa without relying on anything Cam said.  Do you find that
> : >helpful?  You're being an incredible homer on this issue.
> :
> : Nope, I'm just sitting back and letting the NCAA do what it does.

oh, I dont blame auburn for any of this....they did the right thing.

It was the ncaa who made a stupid decision in allowing cam to be
eligible.

> :

mianderson

Dec 21, 2010, 7:13:53 PM12/21/10
On Dec 19, 3:17 pm, StephenJ <sjar...@cox.net> wrote:
> >On Dec 19, 1:04 am, mianderson <clay...@excite.com> wrote:
> > Honest question for legal big branes:  If someone wants another person
> > dead, and they participate in negotiations in real/concrete terms with
> > a hit man to kill that person, if that person dies in a car wreck a
> > week later was a crime of some sort still committed?
>
> yep, "conspiracy".
>
> > I love the nfl, but it sure has become rather dull this year.  No real
> > special teams.  I miss great teams.......
>
> the patriots are mowing through a very tough schedule. the NFL lines
> them up and they keep knocking them out.

they have some weaknesses though......their defense has some gaps.
they can't run the football(although it's debatable whether that is a
problem or not in today's nfl).

I mean just look at that game sunday night against the packers(who is
a bad team with matt flynn at qb).

very beatable.

> Yes, it's killing what was usually the best bowl during my youth (save
> for the 45 minute halftimes).

you give people matchups like vatech/cincinatti and gatech/iowa and
that kills ANY bowl game.

John Rogers

Dec 21, 2010, 11:40:21 PM12/21/10
Hey, mianderson <cla...@excite.com>... keep the change, you filthy
animal.

>but I'll ask the same question no auburn fan can answer: since cam

>newton has been ruled eligible by the ncaa, what in the world is to
>stop future recruits from using their father as a go between to "sell"
>their services?

Obviously if they do NOT know about it, then they should NOT be held
responsible for others actions.

If they DO know about it, then they SHOULD be held responsible for
those actions.

You know... KINDA LIKE WE HAVE NOW.

Jaybyrd

Dec 22, 2010, 8:03:03 AM12/22/10
On Dec 21, 7:11 pm, mianderson <clay...@excite.com> wrote:
> On Dec 19, 3:50 pm, Antonio Veranos <summerstorm0...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > [John Rogers <tiger7...@yahoo.com>]
> > [Sun, 19 Dec 2010 16:43:58 -0500]
>
> > : >Here's a hint - there are all kinds of ways to judge the closeness of
> > : >Cam and CamPapa without relying on anything Cam said.  Do you find that
> > : >helpful?  You're being an incredible homer on this issue.
> > :
> > : Nope, I'm just sitting back and letting the NCAA do what it does.
>
> oh, I dont blame auburn for any of this....they did the right thing.
>
> It was the ncaa who made a stupid decision in allowing cam to be
> eligible.

can you link us to some of your previous poasts showing your rage
over Reggie Bush?