Urban Meyer

JGibson

Nov 28, 2011, 5:08:07 PM11/28/11
What - one bad season and a realization that next season
won't be so good either leads to health problems and the
desire to "spend more time with his family," which doesn't
even last one year?

J.C. Watts Enslin

Nov 28, 2011, 5:29:59 PM11/28/11
You never know when new opportunities come up. Maybe he was planning
to wait for a few years, but when this came up it was too good to pass
up.

Antonio Veranos

Nov 28, 2011, 5:34:37 PM11/28/11
[J.C. Watts Enslin, jone...@charter.net]
[Mon, 28 Nov 2011 14:29:59 -0800 (PST)]

: You never know when new opportunities come up. Maybe he was planning
: to wait for a few years, but when this came up it was too good to pass
: up.

Indeed. All the idots lining up to crucify the guy crack me up.

--
Antonio Veranos

<insert witty comment here>

Plaidmoon

Nov 28, 2011, 5:33:33 PM11/28/11
Maybe he spent more time with his family and decided that he'd rather
spend more time watching film and working with football players.

I expect that his being from Ohio made Ohio State his dream job and
that's why he came back.

Futbol Phan

Nov 28, 2011, 6:08:54 PM11/28/11
Except he said a few years ago during a radio interview that Notre
Dame was his dream job.

What's he's saying now is that $6,000,000 per year for 7 years makes
tOSU a dream job.

tom_sa...@yahoo.com

Nov 28, 2011, 6:22:37 PM11/28/11
The coincidence that Ohio State now has a coach with the initials UM.

I mean, they could have gone with Rural Meyer and been fine.

DanS.

Nov 28, 2011, 6:38:41 PM11/28/11
are we really razzing an unemployed dood for getting a job?

--
Yours,
Dan S.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Nov 28, 2011, 6:49:06 PM11/28/11
Like the Bear, he heard momma callin'.

He is from Ohio. OSU gets good players - all they have ever needed was
a coach to train them properly since Woody Hayes left.

Hugh

Kyle T. Jones

Nov 28, 2011, 7:05:50 PM11/28/11
On 11/28/11 5:08 PM, Futbol Phan wrote:
> On Nov 28, 4:33 pm, Plaidmoon<plaidm...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> On Nov 28, 2:08 pm, JGibson<james.m.gib...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> What - one bad season and a realization that next season
>>> won't be so good either leads to health problems and the
>>> desire to "spend more time with his family," which doesn't
>>> even last one year?
>>
>> Maybe he spent more time with his family and decided that he'd rather
>> spend more time watching film and working with football players.
>>
>> I expect that his being from Ohio made Ohio State his dream job and
>> that's why he came back.
>
> Except he said a few years ago during a radio interview that Notre
> Dame was his dream job.

Yeah - I coulda swore I heard that, but today everyone has been
repeating the "OSU was his dream job" mantra, so thanks for confirming.

> What's he's saying now is that $6,000,000 per year for 7 years makes
> tOSU a dream job.

I wish we had someone with some Florida insider knowledge around - the
way he left the program seemed strange at the time, seems strange now.
At the time, I was sure there were some NCAA infractions about to break,
and he was Carroll-ing his way outta town, but that wasn't the case...
so why the odd exit?

Cheers.

leonard hofstadter

Nov 28, 2011, 7:18:28 PM11/28/11
Kyle T. Jones wrote:
> On 11/28/11 5:08 PM, Futbol Phan wrote:

>>> Maybe he spent more time with his family and decided that he'd rather
>>> spend more time watching film and working with football players.
>>>
>>> I expect that his being from Ohio made Ohio State his dream job and
>>> that's why he came back.
>>
>> Except he said a few years ago during a radio interview that Notre
>> Dame was his dream job.
>>

> Yeah - I coulda swore I heard that, but today everyone has been
> repeating the "OSU was his dream job" mantra, so thanks for confirming.

On his way from Utah, he went to ND and asked for just TWO players
that would not be academically eligible and ND said no and he went on
his way to Florida and, we know the rest....

Jim Brown

Nov 28, 2011, 7:20:02 PM11/28/11
Plus you never know what he was going through health wise. Sometimes
a year is more than enough to rewind one's clock. Especially someone
with drive like Meyer has.

Jim Brown

Nov 28, 2011, 7:22:10 PM11/28/11
On Nov 28, 5:49 pm, Ea...@bellsouth.net (J. Hugh Sullivan) wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Nov 2011 14:08:07 -0800 (PST), JGibson
>
> <james.m.gib...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >What - one bad season and a realization that next season
> >won't be so good either leads to health problems and the
> >desire to "spend more time with his family," which doesn't
> >even last one year?
>
> Like the Bear, he heard momma callin'.
>
> He is from Ohio. OSU gets good players - all they have ever needed was
> a coach to train them properly since Woody Hayes left.

tOSU has been awful good without and Urban Meyer at the helm. I look
for them to win a title soon.

Kyle T. Jones

Nov 28, 2011, 7:52:19 PM11/28/11
Seemed like Bo had heart attacks every other year, he sure didn't take
no wah-wah year off! Coaches these days just don't know TEH TOUGHNESS!

Cheers.

Jim G.

Nov 28, 2011, 8:28:06 PM11/28/11
J.C. Watts Enslin sent the following on 11/28/2011 4:29 PM:
So "spend more time with my family" sometimes means "spend more time
with my family unless a better option comes along."

Actually, I understand why he took the job and won't hold it against
him; I just love mocking the whole "spend more time" bit whenever it
comes up.

--
Jim G.
Waukesha, WI

Jim G.

Nov 28, 2011, 8:28:17 PM11/28/11
leonard hofstadter sent the following on 11/28/2011 6:18 PM:
> Kyle T. Jones wrote:
>> On 11/28/11 5:08 PM, Futbol Phan wrote:
>>>
>>> Except he said a few years ago during a radio interview that Notre
>>> Dame was his dream job.
>>
>> Yeah - I coulda swore I heard that, but today everyone has been
>> repeating the "OSU was his dream job" mantra, so thanks for confirming.
>>
> On his way from Utah, he went to ND and asked for just TWO players
> that would not be academically eligible and ND said no and he went on
> his way to Florida and, we know the rest....

Yep. The student side of the student-athlete isn't really Urban's strong
suit.

JGibson

Nov 29, 2011, 9:11:59 AM11/29/11
On Monday, November 28, 2011 8:28:06 PM UTC-5, Jim G. wrote:
> J.C. Watts Enslin sent the following on 11/28/2011 4:29 PM:
> > On Nov 28, 4:08 pm, JGibson<james.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> What - one bad season and a realization that next season
> >> won't be so good either leads to health problems and the
> >> desire to "spend more time with his family," which doesn't
> >> even last one year?
> >
> > You never know when new opportunities come up. Maybe he was planning
> > to wait for a few years, but when this came up it was too good to pass
> > up.
>
> So "spend more time with my family" sometimes means "spend more time
> with my family unless a better option comes along."
>
> Actually, I understand why he took the job and won't hold it against
> him; I just love mocking the whole "spend more time" bit whenever it
> comes up.

That's all I was doing. Making a little joke about spending
more time with his family. Not crucifying him for taking a
new job. I guess watching one year's worth of his daugther's
volleyball games was enough.

JGibson

Nov 29, 2011, 9:14:27 AM11/29/11
On Monday, November 28, 2011 8:28:06 PM UTC-5, Jim G. wrote:
> J.C. Watts Enslin sent the following on 11/28/2011 4:29 PM:
> > On Nov 28, 4:08 pm, JGibson<james.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> What - one bad season and a realization that next season
> >> won't be so good either leads to health problems and the
> >> desire to "spend more time with his family," which doesn't
> >> even last one year?
> >
> > You never know when new opportunities come up. Maybe he was planning
> > to wait for a few years, but when this came up it was too good to pass
> > up.
>
> So "spend more time with my family" sometimes means "spend more time
> with my family unless a better option comes along."
>
> Actually, I understand why he took the job and won't hold it against
> him; I just love mocking the whole "spend more time" bit whenever it
> comes up.

And to add to my other post - I just wanted to mock
him because he left after having one mediocre season
at Florida, and Florida was pretty bad this year under
Muschamp, so I was just needling him for leaving right
when Florida was tanking.

The Undead Edward M. Kennedy

Nov 29, 2011, 10:03:28 AM11/29/11
"JGibson" <james.m...@gmail.com> wrote

>> > You never know when new opportunities come up. Maybe he was planning
>> > to wait for a few years, but when this came up it was too good to pass
>> > up.
>>
>> So "spend more time with my family" sometimes means "spend more time
>> with my family unless a better option comes along."
>>
>> Actually, I understand why he took the job and won't hold it against
>> him; I just love mocking the whole "spend more time" bit whenever it
>> comes up.
>
> And to add to my other post - I just wanted to mock
> him because he left after having one mediocre season
> at Florida, and Florida was pretty bad this year under
> Muschamp, so I was just needling him for leaving right
> when Florida was tanking.

His two pseudo-retirements and comments about why are
bologna, worthy of an SNL skit. His taking a new job
OF COURSE is his prerogative.

I wish him the best. And the wurst. Because Urban
Meyer has a way with B-O-L-O-N-G-A.

--Tedwad

J. Hugh Sullivan

Nov 29, 2011, 12:40:52 PM11/29/11
On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 10:03:28 -0500, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy"
<e...@o.com> wrote:

>I wish him the best. And the wurst. Because Urban
>Meyer has a way with B-O-L-O-N-G-A.
>
>--Tedwad

You are hereby awarded one (1) Credit for Lack of Originality.

Hugh

The Undead Edward M. Kennedy

Nov 29, 2011, 12:42:01 PM11/29/11
"J. Hugh Sullivan" <Ea...@bellsouth.net> wrote

>>I wish him the best. And the wurst. Because Urban
>>Meyer has a way with B-O-L-O-N-G-A.
>
> You are hereby awarded one (1) Credit for Lack of Originality.

My irony meter apparently goes to 11...

--Tedward

Jim G.

Nov 29, 2011, 12:42:16 PM11/29/11
JGibson sent the following on 11/29/2011 8:11 AM:
> On Monday, November 28, 2011 8:28:06 PM UTC-5, Jim G. wrote:
>> J.C. Watts Enslin sent the following on 11/28/2011 4:29 PM:
>>>
>>> You never know when new opportunities come up. Maybe he was planning
>>> to wait for a few years, but when this came up it was too good to pass
>>> up.
>>
>> So "spend more time with my family" sometimes means "spend more time
>> with my family unless a better option comes along."
>>
>> Actually, I understand why he took the job and won't hold it against
>> him; I just love mocking the whole "spend more time" bit whenever it
>> comes up.
>
> That's all I was doing. Making a little joke about spending
> more time with his family. Not crucifying him for taking a
> new job. I guess watching one year's worth of his daugther's
> volleyball games was enough.

Yeah, that's how I interpreted it. Obviously some others thought it was
fertile ground for interpreting it as something else...

J. Hugh Sullivan

Nov 29, 2011, 3:32:25 PM11/29/11
Unpossible. I broke it some time ago and you couldn't afford to have
it fixed.

Hugh

DanS.

Nov 30, 2011, 2:06:08 AM11/30/11
One game a year. One band performance a year. Do the awards dinners,
bang, out ...

--
Yours,
Dan S.

unclejr

Nov 30, 2011, 12:57:21 PM11/30/11

GregoryD

Nov 30, 2011, 1:43:40 PM11/30/11
He didn't leave Florida for his health, or his family. He left Florida
because he wasn't recruiting the kind of athlete he needed to keep that
program going strong. Mushchamp isn't a bad coach, he just doesn't have
much talent on his team.

--
GregoryD

unclejr

Nov 30, 2011, 3:00:19 PM11/30/11
WEHT Alexander_The_Great? I wonder why we're hearing crickets from
him in 2011?

-Junior

Thomas R. Kettler

Nov 30, 2011, 3:54:38 PM11/30/11
In article
<26292d52-f18c-4739...@u6g2000vbg.googlegroups.com>,
He bought a new TV and it didn't provide a WebTV connection. He's still
trying to fit the keyboard into the TV.
--
Remove blown from email address to reply.

Michael Press

Dec 1, 2011, 3:29:57 AM12/1/11
In article
<363146d4-b4c3-4996...@i6g2000vbe.googlegroups.com>,
I need to spend more time with ...
Fergettit. Brushhook U. shitcanned
me because I cannot put two wins
together; and deservedly so. I hope
to land some gigs as a talking head,
while looking into the upside of alcohol abuse.

--
Michael Press