Scotland should tell Trump to fuck off

The Undead Edward M. Kennedy

Apr 26, 2012, 11:17:12 AM4/26/12
The Parliament should pass a resolution saying just that:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501843_162-57421243/donald-trump-demands-scotland-nix-wind-turbines/

--Tedward

The Undead Edward M. Kennedy

Apr 26, 2012, 11:27:45 AM4/26/12
"The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" <e...@o.com> wrote

> The Parliament should pass a resolution saying just that:
>
> http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501843_162-57421243/donald-trump-demands-scotland-nix-wind-turbines/

What exactly is it about folks who think windmills ruin scenery?
I think they look kinda cool. The only harm they cause is to birds,
but I've been told AGW is going to hurt species across the board.

I suppose off Cape Cod they might hurt a few drunk, rich boaters.
With any luck it will be a Kennedy.

--Tedward

zox625

Apr 26, 2012, 11:44:04 AM4/26/12
Go live next to one and tell us how cool it looks (sounds).

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Apr 26, 2012, 11:52:33 AM4/26/12
On Apr 26, 10:44 am, "zox625" <a46...@webnntp.invalid> wrote:
> On Apr 26 2012 11:27 AM, The Undead Edward M. Kennedy wrote:
>
> > "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" <e...@o.com> wrote
>
> > > The Parliament should pass a resolution saying just that:
>
> http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501843_162-57421243/donald-trump-demands-...
>

> > What exactly is it about folks who think windmills ruin scenery?
> > I think they look kinda cool.  The only harm they cause is to birds,
> > but I've been told AGW is going to hurt species across the board.
>
> > I suppose off Cape Cod they might hurt a few drunk, rich boaters.
> > With any luck it will be a Kennedy.
>
> Go live next to one and tell us how cool it looks (sounds).

Lot of people who live near one HATE them

xyzzy

Apr 26, 2012, 11:47:50 AM4/26/12
On Apr 26, 11:17 am, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" <e...@o.com>
wrote:
> The Parliament should pass a resolution saying just that:
>
> http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501843_162-57421243/donald-trump-demands-...
>
> --Tedward

If I wanted to advocate for wind farms, I can't think of a better way
to do so than to have Donald Trump fly in and demand that a whole
country stop building them, for his personal interests.

What a non-selfaware tool.

The Undead Edward M. Kennedy

Apr 26, 2012, 12:09:10 PM4/26/12
"The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior" <iamtj...@gmail.com> wrote

> > > The Parliament should pass a resolution saying just that:
>
> http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501843_162-57421243/donald-trump-demands-...
>

> > What exactly is it about folks who think windmills ruin scenery?
> > I think they look kinda cool. The only harm they cause is to birds,
> > but I've been told AGW is going to hurt species across the board.
>
> > I suppose off Cape Cod they might hurt a few drunk, rich boaters.
> > With any luck it will be a Kennedy.
>
> Go live next to one and tell us how cool it looks (sounds).

<
<Lot of people who live near one HATE them

I did not realize so many people lived off shore.

--Tedward

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Apr 26, 2012, 12:13:51 PM4/26/12
On Apr 26, 11:09 am, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" <e...@o.com>
wrote:
> "The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior" <iamtj4l...@gmail.com> wrote
> --Tedward- Hide quoted text -

You do realize there are a few windfarms onshore, yes?

The Undead Edward M. Kennedy

Apr 26, 2012, 12:23:02 PM4/26/12
"The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior" <iamtj...@gmail.com> wrote

> >http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501843_162-57421243/donald-trump-demands-...
>
> > > What exactly is it about folks who think windmills ruin scenery?
> > > I think they look kinda cool. The only harm they cause is to birds,
> > > but I've been told AGW is going to hurt species across the board.
>
> > > I suppose off Cape Cod they might hurt a few drunk, rich boaters.
> > > With any luck it will be a Kennedy.
>
> > Go live next to one and tell us how cool it looks (sounds).

> <
> <Lot of people who live near one HATE them
>
> I did not realize so many people lived off shore.
>
> --Tedward- Hide quoted text -
<
<You do realize there are a few windfarms onshore, yes?

If they were planning on putting the windmills on Trump's golf course,
I'd get y'all's point. But these are going to be off shore, and Trump is
whining about the *view*. Though I must admit, creating a new kind
of hazard on Trump's fairways is rather tempting. If you hit the back
a turbine blade, it's a mulligan, because you created electricity. Hit
the front, and it's a one stroke penalty plus wherever the hell your
ball wound up.

(Mountain ridges, frequently state or federal land, are another good
example. )

--Tedward

xyzzy

Apr 26, 2012, 12:24:11 PM4/26/12
On Apr 26, 12:13 pm, "The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior"
More than a few.. upstate NY where my relatives live has them all
over. But since they collect rent for them, they don't complain. But
they are very divisive up there. People who live near them and don't
collect rent... absolutely hate them.

The Undead Edward M. Kennedy

Apr 26, 2012, 12:31:49 PM4/26/12
"xyzzy" <xyzzy...@gmail.com> wrote

> > >http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501843_162-57421243/donald-trump-demands-...

> > > Go live next to one and tell us how cool it looks (sounds).
>
> > > ____________________________________________________________________
>
> > <
> > <Lot of people who live near one HATE them
>
> > I did not realize so many people lived off shore.
>
> > --Tedward- Hide quoted text -

> You do realize there are a few windfarms onshore, yes?

More than a few.. upstate NY where my relatives live has them all
over. But since they collect rent for them, they don't complain. But
they are very divisive up there. People who live near them and don't
collect rent... absolutely hate them.

-----

People who lived near a windmill before it was constructed should
be compensated, IMHO. Those who move in afterwards are SOL.

I feel the same way about airports, in general. "I didn't think they
would expand little ol' RDU!" You didn't think, period.

--Tedward

xyzzy

Apr 26, 2012, 12:34:16 PM4/26/12
The more I think about this the more I think this has to be a false
flag operation on Trump's part. Even he can't be this stupid. I bet
he is silent partner in the proposed wind farm.

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Apr 26, 2012, 12:45:05 PM4/26/12
> collect rent... absolutely hate them.- Hide quoted text -

Same thing here - vertigo seems to be a common issue for those living
near by - along with tintinnitus

The Undead Edward M. Kennedy

Apr 26, 2012, 12:52:47 PM4/26/12
"The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior" <iamtj...@gmail.com> wrote

> > > <
> > > <Lot of people who live near one HATE them
>
> > > I did not realize so many people lived off shore.
>
> > > --Tedward- Hide quoted text -

> > You do realize there are a few windfarms onshore, yes?
>
> More than a few.. upstate NY where my relatives live has them all
> over. But since they collect rent for them, they don't complain. But
> they are very divisive up there. People who live near them and don't
> collect rent... absolutely hate them.- Hide quoted text -
<
<Same thing here - vertigo seems to be a common issue for those living
<near by - along with tintinnitus

Kenneth, what is the frequency?

--Tedward

freddy...@yahoo.com

Apr 26, 2012, 11:28:19 AM4/26/12
On Thursday, April 26, 2012 11:17:12 AM UTC-4, The Undead Edward M. Kennedy wrote:
> The Parliament should pass a resolution saying just that:
>
> http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501843_162-57421243/donald-trump-demands-scotland-nix-wind-turbines/

Did it work for Ted Kennedy? I don't know.

-Tom Enright

> --Tedward

timv

Apr 26, 2012, 1:07:56 PM4/26/12
I'd rather live near a windfarm than a coal-powered power plant.

shiite

Apr 26, 2012, 1:47:58 PM4/26/12
This poast and this thread rawk!

Dennis J

Apr 26, 2012, 1:50:39 PM4/26/12
On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 08:44:04 -0700, "zox625" <a46...@webnntp.invalid>
wrote:
they look o.k. when I was near them here in Indiana, and they were
Quiet.
--

"The omnipotence of clairvoyance is dreadfully dualistic in its agnosticism" MISC Quote
"Education is the progressive discovery of our own Ignorance" Will Durant

The Undead Edward M. Kennedy

Apr 26, 2012, 1:52:02 PM4/26/12
"timv" <timv...@gmail.com> wrote

>> http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501843_162-57421243/donald-trump-demands-scotland-nix-wind-turbines/
>> >
>> > What exactly is it about folks who think windmills ruin scenery?
>> > I think they look kinda cool. The only harm they cause is to birds,
>> > but I've been told AGW is going to hurt species across the board.
>> >
>> > I suppose off Cape Cod they might hurt a few drunk, rich boaters.
>> > With any luck it will be a Kennedy.
>> >

>> Go live next to one and tell us how cool it looks (sounds).

> I'd rather live near a windfarm than a coal-powered power plant.

Most people glady want a hamburger without having to pay you
until Tuesday.

--Tedward

freddy...@yahoo.com

Apr 26, 2012, 1:51:54 PM4/26/12
Middle class: Not so poor as to have to live by a coal-powered power plant, not rich enough to live near a windfarm.

-Tom Enright

The Undead Edward M. Kennedy

Apr 26, 2012, 1:54:27 PM4/26/12
"The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" <e...@o.com> wrote
> Most people glady want a hamburger TODAY (dammit) without having to pay you
> until Tuesday.

Antonio Veranos

Apr 26, 2012, 2:30:49 PM4/26/12
[The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior, iamtj...@gmail.com]
[Thu, 26 Apr 2012 08:52:33 -0700 (PDT)]

: Lot of people who live near one HATE them

There's a way to avoid that...

Plaidmoon

Apr 27, 2012, 2:34:59 AM4/27/12
Here as well. The wind farms are quite a bit noisier than the
corporate specs provided when the wind farm permits were issued. Who
could have foreseen that?

There's quite a bit of squawking about the views of local mountains
being damaged by the wind mills, but local governments have decided
they need the income. Given the local economy, I can't blame them too
much.

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Apr 27, 2012, 6:48:18 AM4/27/12
On Apr 26, 1:30 pm, Antonio Veranos <summerstorm0...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> [The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior, iamtj4l...@gmail.com]
> [Thu, 26 Apr 2012 08:52:33 -0700 (PDT)]
>
> : Lot of people who live near one HATE them
>
> There's a way to avoid that...

You mean sell you family house and move away from the place you lived
prior to construction? Sure. Just like when your neighbor builds
lots of things - hog farm, racetrack, steel factory, etc.

The Undead Edward M. Kennedy

Apr 27, 2012, 10:04:38 AM4/27/12
"Plaidmoon" <plai...@ask-me-for-contact-info.com> wrote

>>> More than a few.. upstate NY where my relatives live has them all
>>> over. But since they collect rent for them, they don't complain. But
>>> they are very divisive up there. People who live near them and don't
>>> collect rent... absolutely hate them.- Hide quoted text -

>>Same thing here - vertigo seems to be a common issue for those living
>>near by - along with tintinnitus
>
> Here as well. The wind farms are quite a bit noisier than the
> corporate specs provided when the wind farm permits were issued. Who
> could have foreseen that?

The corporate assholes who lied on the permit applications.

> There's quite a bit of squawking about the views of local mountains
> being damaged by the wind mills, but local governments have decided
> they need the income. Given the local economy, I can't blame them too
> much.

I got no sympathy for the view issue. The noise could well be a common
law tort, though probably trumped by some dumbass legislation.

--Tedward

J.C. Watts

Apr 27, 2012, 10:12:57 AM4/27/12
On Apr 26, 11:24 am, xyzzy <xyzzy.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
I former co-worker grew up on a ranch on Montana, and they have about
a dozen of them there. They collect the rent...it is a fair chunk of
change...but they hate the windmills.

JGibson

Apr 27, 2012, 12:37:37 PM4/27/12
Or when the fracking company comes in...
Oh wait, then you don't have a choice due to eminent domain.

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Apr 27, 2012, 3:19:48 PM4/27/12
Are they using ED to obtain land? i HATE that crap when ED is used
for private companies

xyzzy

Apr 27, 2012, 3:45:01 PM4/27/12
On Apr 27, 3:19 pm, "The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior"
The question probably should be "in what states are they using ED?" I
don't think they
are doing it everywhere, or that they can

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Apr 27, 2012, 4:40:11 PM4/27/12
> are doing it everywhere, or that they can- Hide quoted text -

From a quick google search, I'm thinking there are split definitions
of "eminent domain" - commonly understood, it means to take property.
However, it appears there might be a legal subdef which allows for
companies to build on your property IF they own the mineral rights to
your property.

Perhaps James can clarify?

xyzzy

Apr 27, 2012, 5:00:30 PM4/27/12
On Apr 27, 4:40 pm, "The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior"
It could also be because in some states, mineral rights are not owned
by the property owners but by the state "for the common good". ISTR
that one of the mountain west states is like that but now I can't find
it on teh google.

We just had a big blowup here in NC because DR Horton, a national
homebuilder, in 2010 quietly started stripping mineral rights from
the homes it sells and keeping them to themselves -- coincidentally
just when it was in the news that NC may have a lot of frackable
natural gas. Once the NC AG and the newspapers got involved, they
backed off.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/04/24/2022059/dr-horton-to-stop-taking-drilling.html#storylink=cpy

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Apr 27, 2012, 5:04:46 PM4/27/12
Indeed that could well be the case here - and the ED revolves around
mineral rights and inability to control them. That's still not the
same as ED is traditionally thought of with an outright taking of
house/property and forcible relocation.

> We just had a big blowup here in NC because DR Horton, a national
> homebuilder,  in 2010 quietly started stripping mineral rights from
> the homes it sells and keeping them to themselves -- coincidentally
> just when it was in the news that NC may have a lot of frackable
> natural gas.   Once the NC AG and the newspapers got involved, they
> backed off.
>
> http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/04/24/2022059/dr-horton-to-stop-taki...- Hide quoted text -

Dayum.....pretty damn sneaky - good for the press (did I REALLY just
write that?)

The Undead Edward M. Kennedy

Apr 27, 2012, 5:28:58 PM4/27/12
"xyzzy" <xyzzy...@gmail.com> wrote
-----

Granted DR Horton was sleazy, but it is in dispute as to how well they
communicated this. It *was* in the contract, and anyone who signs
that big of a contract without a lawyer reviewing it is a moron. My
personal take is that the buyers didn't realize what a big deal losing
said rights is.

--Tedward

Dennis J

Apr 28, 2012, 7:23:46 PM4/28/12
most people don't buy a house in a Subdivision thinking about opening
a mine underneath the house either...