Ohio state.....

michael anderson

Oct 10, 2015, 2:15:52 PM10/10/15

Perhaps it's time to realize they just aren't very good. Because they have been bad in every single game this year.....even the game against dreadful Hawaii it was a pathetic 17-0 at one point in 4th....

Their season hasn't started yet(and still won't for another months and a half) but training camp is not going well. These teams(except for possibly no Illini, don't know much about them) aren't just bad....they are terrible. West Virginia was literally up 5 scores on Maryland a few mins after kickoff.....

It's hard to predict the future and maybe tosu will improve a lot and become good(then again it would be hard to tell against these opponents.....but rig now and all season they have been pretty bad.

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Oct 10, 2015, 2:23:12 PM10/10/15
Yeah - I get that they're #1 and will get everyone's best game and all - but somewhere along the line, you cannot let teams like maryland be tied with you in the 3rd - consistently

michael anderson

Oct 10, 2015, 2:43:04 PM10/10/15

I think this 'best game' theory only applies against teams with a pulse though. Like if you are playing a so-so team who on a good day should maybe be able to compete with an elite team. Like when they play penn state I can maybe see this argument. But against the dumpster fire that is a team like maryland(hell....they are going to actually fire their coach mid year they a so hopeless)....it shouldn't matter whether Maryland comes jacked to play their best game or not.

There is a HUGE difference between an ok opponent and a terrible opponent. Ok opponents elite teams are 17 pt faves against and have non negligible chances to lose. Terrible opponents are 33 pt underdogs and have less than a 2 percent chance to win. Ohio state doesn't look bad because they are letting ok teams hang around then pulling away(that's common). Ohio state looks bad because they are letting the Marylands of the world hang around until the second half then pulling away.

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Oct 10, 2015, 2:44:20 PM10/10/15
On Saturday, October 10, 2015 at 1:43:04 PM UTC-5, michael anderson wrote:
> I think this 'best game' theory only applies against teams with a pulse though. Like if you are playing a so-so team who on a good day should maybe be able to compete with an elite team. Like when they play penn state I can maybe see this argument. But against the dumpster fire that is a team like maryland(hell....they are going to actually fire their coach mid year they a so hopeless)....it shouldn't matter whether Maryland comes jacked to play their best game or not.
>
> There is a HUGE difference between an ok opponent and a terrible opponent. Ok opponents elite teams are 17 pt faves against and have non negligible chances to lose. Terrible opponents are 33 pt underdogs and have less than a 2 percent chance to win. Ohio state doesn't look bad because they are letting ok teams hang around then pulling away(that's common). Ohio state looks bad because they are letting the Marylands of the world hang around until the second half then pulling away.

Maybe they're just bored and need a challenge to finally wake up.

michael anderson

Oct 10, 2015, 2:55:25 PM10/10/15

We shall see.....my guess is it's more that they just aren't good now. But I also think it's very possible they will get a LOT better later in the year. I'm not sure we will really know(like with fsu last year) until the playoffs.

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Oct 10, 2015, 2:57:56 PM10/10/15
On Saturday, October 10, 2015 at 1:55:25 PM UTC-5, michael anderson wrote:
> We shall see.....my guess is it's more that they just aren't good now. But I also think it's very possible they will get a LOT better later in the year. I'm not sure we will really know(like with fsu last year) until the playoffs.

Sparty and Meatchikken games will show us something

meda...@gmail.com

Oct 10, 2015, 3:01:26 PM10/10/15
I don't think so. I've been a tOSU fan for over 4 decades and I know this tOSU team. I've seen it frequently, regardless of coach or players. The QB swapping. The feeling that the whole is LESS than the sum of its parts. It's major deja vu for me. It's the mid 90s all over again.

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Oct 10, 2015, 3:03:11 PM10/10/15
Do you get the sense they have "too much" talent?

michael anderson

Oct 10, 2015, 3:10:40 PM10/10/15

Michigan state yes perhaps. I'm not sold at all on michigan as a top 20ish team. I thought they looked good in the byu game. I haven't liked them in any other game this year. I think they will beat nw today though.

meda...@gmail.com

Oct 10, 2015, 3:13:25 PM10/10/15
Too much to use at the same time, yes. I like Urban a lot, but he's falling into the same old trap. If you split time among 3 QBs, you're probably not going to see the best of any of them. This team just doesn't seem like a team. Maybe Urban has a plan that will come into focus when they really need it. I think time might run out, though.

michael anderson

Oct 10, 2015, 3:14:55 PM10/10/15

A lot of their talent though is not true talent in a meaningful sense. Like the three quarterbacks....we know all three their names and so it gives the illusion of talent, but when you look at the qb position this year the play has been average overall. Braxton miller has been useful in 1 game all year for example. Is he 'talent'? I guess so.....but he's not worth a lot at this point unless he starts to play better.

But overall...I'm still hesitant to draw meaningful conclusions until the start of their year

meda...@gmail.com

Oct 10, 2015, 3:43:34 PM10/10/15
On Saturday, October 10, 2015 at 3:14:55 PM UTC-4, michael anderson wrote:
> A lot of their talent though is not true talent in a meaningful sense. Like the three quarterbacks....we know all three their names and so it gives the illusion of talent, but when you look at the qb position this year the play has been average overall. Braxton miller has been useful in 1 game all year for example. Is he 'talent'? I guess so.....but he's not worth a lot at this point unless he starts to play better.
>
> But overall...I'm still hesitant to draw meaningful conclusions until the start of their year

If you're just going by this year's performance, I agree. I'm judging their talent based on the past. My point was that to really see their talent, you have to put one of them in and hold the course.

Your second point is, of course, correct. Michigan State is a big worry, but it will answer a lot of questions.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Oct 10, 2015, 5:21:36 PM10/10/15
On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 11:23:10 -0700 (PDT), "The Cheesehusker, Trade
Warrior" <Iamtj...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Yeah - I get that they're #1 and will get everyone's best game and all - bu=
>t somewhere along the line, you cannot let teams like maryland be tied with=
> you in the 3rd - consistently

I have to think they are #1 until someone beats them.

I think several teams could beat them this year but they earned their
status on the field. It should be taken away on the field.

Hugh

darkst...@gmail.com

Oct 10, 2015, 9:20:58 PM10/10/15
OK, they aren't...

But who IS right now? You've got real talk that Utah might actually make the CFP field?

Mike

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Oct 11, 2015, 8:27:07 AM10/11/15
On Saturday, October 10, 2015 at 8:20:58 PM UTC-5, darkst...@gmail.com wrote:
> OK, they aren't...
>
> But who IS right now? You've got real talk that Utah might actually make the CFP field?

Um - why shouldn't they be in position to make the field? Undefeated and a couple quality wins and altho you may not like to think so, the Pac 12 is a power 5 league

Irish Ranger

Oct 11, 2015, 9:01:52 AM10/11/15
Whoa! Back up the truck and see if a star just rose in the East! I actually agree with J Hugh on this one! Ohio State is undefeated, has the longest current win streak in college football and is the defending national champs. More important, they are getting better each week. The "tag-team" QB rotation Urban Meyer developed (Jones on the field, Barrett in the red zone) is really paying off.

Ohio State has three tough games coming up - Michigan & Michigan State which every one knows and next week against Penn State, which every one is over looking. However, i believe OSU will win all three.

BTW, Did I mention that OSU Coach Urban Meyer has the highest win % of any active college coach? Or that he is tied for the best record since 2012 at 43 wins and 3 loses? Or that Meyer is the only coach with three (3) 20+ game win streaks and that this current win streak is at 19?

Irish Mike

dnrapp

Oct 11, 2015, 9:25:16 AM10/11/15
It really doesn't matter who anyone thinks is the #1 team right now. After week 2 everyone thought USC and Ga Tech where top teams, now look at their seasons. There is a reason why the ranking committee waits till Nov to put out its first ranking.

dnrapp

Oct 11, 2015, 9:36:45 AM10/11/15
On Saturday, October 10, 2015 at 11:43:04 AM UTC-7, michael anderson wrote:
> I think this 'best game' theory only applies against teams with a pulse though. Like if you are playing a so-so team who on a good day should maybe be able to compete with an elite team. Like when they play penn state I can maybe see this argument. But against the dumpster fire that is a team like maryland(hell....they are going to actually fire their coach mid year they a so hopeless)....it shouldn't matter whether Maryland comes jacked to play their best game or not.
>
> There is a HUGE difference between an ok opponent and a terrible opponent. Ok opponents elite teams are 17 pt faves against and have non negligible chances to lose. Terrible opponents are 33 pt underdogs and have less than a 2 percent chance to win. Ohio state doesn't look bad because they are letting ok teams hang around then pulling away(that's common). Ohio state looks bad because they are letting the Marylands of the world hang around until the second half then pulling away.

Kind of like what Alabama did with Arkansas on Sat, right? Oh my the way that victory over Wisc isn't looking that good as the season goes along.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Oct 11, 2015, 2:43:14 PM10/11/15
On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 06:01:48 -0700 (PDT), Irish Ranger
<ace...@att.net> wrote:

>On Saturday, October 10, 2015 at 5:21:36 PM UTC-4, J. Hugh Sullivan wrote:
>> On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 11:23:10 -0700 (PDT), "The Cheesehusker, Trade
>> Warrior" <Iamtj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have to think they are #1 until someone beats them.
>>=20
>> I think several teams could beat them this year but they earned their
>> status on the field. It should be taken away on the field.
>>=20
>> Hugh
>
>Whoa! Back up the truck and see if a star just rose in the East! I actual=
>ly agree with J Hugh on this one! Ohio State is undefeated, has the longes=
>t current win streak in college football and is the defending national cham=
>ps.

All that matters is they are the DNCs and unbeaten since. The rest is
unbridled joy that they have had one good year in a row.

You force me to continue to remind you that Ohio has only beaten Bama
one time in 4 tries. That is not to say that I don't appreciate the
opportunity.

Hugh

More important, they are getting better each week. The "tag-team" QB
=
>rotation Urban Meyer developed (Jones on the field, Barrett in the red zone=
>) is really paying off.
>
>Ohio State has three tough games coming up - Michigan & Michigan State whic=
>h every one knows and next week against Penn State, which every one is over=
> looking. However, i believe OSU will win all three.
>
>BTW, Did I mention that OSU Coach Urban Meyer has the highest win % of any =
>active college coach? Or that he is tied for the best record since 2012 at =
>43 wins and 3 loses? Or that Meyer is the only coach with three (3) 20+ ga=
>me win streaks and that this current win streak is at 19?
>
>Irish Mike =20

J. Hugh Sullivan

Oct 11, 2015, 3:10:32 PM10/11/15
On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 06:36:41 -0700 (PDT), dnrapp <dnr...@aol.com>
wrote:

>Kind of like what Alabama did with Arkansas on Sat, right? Oh my the way th=
>at victory over Wisc isn't looking that good as the season goes along.

Suppose Bama beat both by 50 points. How would that affect the win
column?

Bama looked pretty bad vs. the Hogs but they would have beaten any
team the day they played UGA.

That lack of consistency will cost Bama again before the season is
over - maybe next Saturday.

Hugh

Irish Ranger

Oct 11, 2015, 4:36:31 PM10/11/15
On Sunday, October 11, 2015 at 2:43:14 PM UTC-4, J. Hugh Sullivan wrote:

> >On Saturday, October 10, 2015 at 5:21:36 PM UTC-4, J. Hugh Sullivan wrote:
> >> On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 11:23:10 -0700 (PDT), "The Cheesehusker, Trade
> >> Warrior" <Iamtj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I have to think they are #1 until someone beats them.
> >>=20
> >> I think several teams could beat them this year but they earned their
> >> status on the field. It should be taken away on the field.
> >>=20
> >> Hugh
> >
> >Whoa! Back up the truck and see if a star just rose in the East! I actual=
> >ly agree with J Hugh on this one! Ohio State is undefeated, has the longes=
> >t current win streak in college football and is the defending national cham=
>
> You force me to continue to remind you that Ohio has only beaten Bama
> one time in 4 tries. That is not to say that I don't appreciate the
> opportunity.
>
> Hugh

Yes J Hugh and you force me to continue to remind you that I am focused on the current century! In the last century Alabama did defeat Ohio State three times - the most recent being 20 years ago in 1995. That was long, long before Urban Meyer arrived at Ohio State. Ohio has played Alabama once in the current century (2015) and defeated them - along with winning the Orange Bowl & National Championship. So J. Hugh, in this century the record is Ohio State 1 and Alabama zero, zip, nada, none.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Irish Mike

J. Hugh Sullivan

Oct 11, 2015, 4:47:06 PM10/11/15
On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 13:36:26 -0700 (PDT), Irish Ranger
<ace...@att.net> wrote:

>On Sunday, October 11, 2015 at 2:43:14 PM UTC-4, J. Hugh Sullivan wrote:
>>=20
>> >On Saturday, October 10, 2015 at 5:21:36 PM UTC-4, J. Hugh Sullivan wrot=
>e:

>> >Whoa! Back up the truck and see if a star just rose in the East! I act=
>ual=3D
>> >ly agree with J Hugh on this one! Ohio State is undefeated, has the lon=
>ges=3D
>> >t current win streak in college football and is the defending national c=
>ham=3D
>>=20
>> You force me to continue to remind you that Ohio has only beaten Bama
>> one time in 4 tries. That is not to say that I don't appreciate the
>> opportunity.
>>=20
>> Hugh
>
>Yes J Hugh and you force me to continue to remind you that I am focused on =
>the current century! In the last century Alabama did defeat Ohio State thr=
>ee times - the most recent being 20 years ago in 1995. That was long, long=
> before Urban Meyer arrived at Ohio State. Ohio has played Alabama once in=
> the current century (2015) and defeated them - along with winning the Oran=
>ge Bowl & National Championship. So J. Hugh, in this century the record is=
> Ohio State 1 and Alabama zero, zip, nada, none.
>
>Hope that clears it up for you.
>
>Irish Mike

I hereby proclaim you as the unchallenged winner of the 2014-15 Cherry
Picking Trophy.

You may have to retire it when you are 16 years old.

Hugh

meda...@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2015, 5:58:42 PM10/11/15
I don't know. I respect Alabama as much as any true football fan who is not actually an Alabama fan. But he seems to have your number, and that number is zero.

"They've got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues"

I've always interpreted those lyrics (incorrectly as it turns out) as the Crimson Tide is the Crimson Tide win or lose. That's pride. I like pride. And tradition.

But lately, Hugh, They have a name when they lose. And why aren't you dead yet?

Irish Ranger

Oct 11, 2015, 8:47:08 PM10/11/15
On Sunday, October 11, 2015 at 4:47:06 PM UTC-4, J. Hugh Sullivan wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 13:36:26 -0700 (PDT), Irish Ranger

> >On Sunday, October 11, 2015 at 2:43:14 PM UTC-4, J. Hugh Sullivan wrote:
> >>=20

> >Yes J Hugh and you force me to continue to remind you that I am focused on =
> >the current century! In the last century Alabama did defeat Ohio State thr=
> >ee times - the most recent being 20 years ago in 1995. That was long, long=
> > before Urban Meyer arrived at Ohio State. Ohio has played Alabama once in=
> > the current century (2015) and defeated them - along with winning the Oran=
> >ge Bowl & National Championship. So J. Hugh, in this century the record is=
> > Ohio State 1 and Alabama zero, zip, nada, none.
> >
> >Hope that clears it up for you.
> >
> >Irish Mike
>
> I hereby proclaim you as the unchallenged winner of the 2014-15 Cherry
> Picking Trophy.

"Way down yonder in the land of cotton,
old times there are not forgotten..."

Irish Mike

Eric Ramon

Oct 11, 2015, 9:06:37 PM10/11/15
On Sunday, October 11, 2015 at 11:43:14 AM UTC-7, J. Hugh Sullivan wrote:

> You force me to continue to remind you that Ohio has only beaten Bama
> one time in 4 tries. That is not to say that I don't appreciate the
> opportunity.

Let's look at those games. They're interesting.

Alabama creamed Ohio State in 1978. It could be argued that this 35-6 whomping is irrelevant today since it took place 37 years ago. When were you born? 1928? 1929? Something like that, I believe. We know you were on a ship in 1945. Let's use that. There you are, on the boat, and someone starts talking about that Carlisle vs Navy game from 1908! As evidence of something...that Carlisle was great?

All the other games, that's two Alabama wins and the Ohio State win this past season, were 1 touchdown games.

Dunno...doesn't seem like a lot to use for bragging rights, especially since the most recent contest went to Ohio State.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Oct 12, 2015, 12:05:39 AM10/12/15
On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 14:58:38 -0700 (PDT), meda...@gmail.com wrote:

>I don't know. I respect Alabama as much as any true football fan who is not actually an Alabama fan. But he seems to have your number, and that number is zero.

Well, he certainly voices the feelings of teenagers down to diapers.

We can talk about total NCs in this century if he prefers and he is
riding frag eating dust.

>"They've got a name for the winners in the world
>I want a name when I lose
>They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
>Call me Deacon Blues"
>
>I've always interpreted those lyrics (incorrectly as it turns out) as the Crimson Tide is the Crimson Tide win or lose. That's pride. I like pride. And tradition.

Any talk of pride and tradition and Bama would be at least tied with
any team except perhaps Notre Dame.

My roots are in Alabama's sod,
I'm Southern by the grace of God.
Bear Bryant taught me the meaning of pride.
My Pledge of Allegiance is ROLL TIDE.

>But lately, Hugh, They have a name when they lose.

No problemo - just don't ignore "us".

I am aware of "lately" but, even at my age, my memory doesn't start
there. I'll admit I have a tough time with people who have such short
term memories.

>And why aren't you dead yet?

Are you that eager to move up in the ratings? Just be patient.

Ask God why He chooses to bless me. I may not yet have filled His
purpose for me.

Hugh

J. Hugh Sullivan

Oct 12, 2015, 12:09:03 AM10/12/15
Times have changed. Some people don't believe that is the National
Anthem any more.

I also like the Battle Hymn of the Republic
Glory, glory to old Dixie, the South shall rise again.

Hugh

J. Hugh Sullivan

Oct 12, 2015, 12:20:36 AM10/12/15
On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 18:06:31 -0700 (PDT), Eric Ramon
<ramon...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sunday, October 11, 2015 at 11:43:14 AM UTC-7, J. Hugh Sullivan wrote:
>
>> You force me to continue to remind you that Ohio has only beaten Bama
>> one time in 4 tries. That is not to say that I don't appreciate the
>> opportunity.
>>=20
>
>Let's look at those games. They're interesting.
>
>Alabama creamed Ohio State in 1978. It could be argued that this 35-6 whomp=
>ing is irrelevant today since it took place 37 years ago. When were you bor=
>n? 1928? 1929?

1927.

>Something like that, I believe. We know you were on a ship i=
>n 1945. Let's use that. There you are, on the boat, and someone starts talk=
>ing about that Carlisle vs Navy game from 1908! As evidence of something...=
>that Carlisle was great?

I think Jim Thorpe was possibly the greatest football player ever.
Rockne tackled him twice in an Old Timers game. The third time he woke
up on the bench listening to people say "Nice try!" Thorpe scored.

>All the other games, that's two Alabama wins and the Ohio State win this pa=
>st season, were 1 touchdown games.

>Dunno...doesn't seem like a lot to use for bragging rights, especially sinc=
>e the most recent contest went to Ohio State.

I don't brag about Bama wins until some young whippersnapper takes a
shot at Bama. I take them for granted and I congratulate the teams
that beat Bama.

I don't deny his right to crow if his knowledge of the game is so
lacking. In such a case it is my obligation to teach him.

Hugh

Michael Press

Oct 12, 2015, 12:41:06 AM10/12/15
In article <5183ad32-a976-4ce9...@googlegroups.com>,
Irish Ranger <ace...@att.net> wrote:

> Ohio State is undefeated, has the longest current win streak in college football

Who has the second longest?

--
Michael Press

Michael Press

Oct 12, 2015, 12:41:50 AM10/12/15
In article <5183ad32-a976-4ce9...@googlegroups.com>,
Irish Ranger <ace...@att.net> wrote:

> defending national champs

Pro tip: Reigning national champion.

--
Michael Press

Irish Ranger

Oct 12, 2015, 12:56:30 AM10/12/15
I sincerely appreciate all the wisdom you share J, Hugh. In fact. I believe every exchange we have is a valuable learning experience - for one of us.

Irish Mike

J. Hugh Sullivan

Oct 12, 2015, 10:45:47 AM10/12/15
On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 21:56:27 -0700 (PDT), Irish Ranger
<ace...@att.net> wrote:

>I sincerely appreciate all the wisdom you share J, Hugh. In fact. I believe every exchange we have is a valuable learning experience - for one of us.
>
>Irish Mike

Must be you because, at my age, a learning experience is rare -
exponentially so considering the average intellect of the current
population.

People now believe in mass murders, violent protests, questionable
killing of black people, not winning wars, irresponsibility and a
laundry list of other idiocies.

Hugh

J. Hugh Sullivan

Oct 12, 2015, 10:49:50 AM10/12/15
On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 21:41:48 -0700, Michael Press <rub...@pacbell.net>
wrote:
Bud Wilkinson makes all others look bad. But those whose knowledge is
so limited will never comprehend the facts. Alas, poor Yorick. Who the
heck was he?

I can get current with y'all. No ranked college football team has won
a game this week. So we are all equal.

Hugh

Michael Press

Oct 12, 2015, 3:37:31 PM10/12/15
In article <561bc7c9....@news.eternal-september.org>,
Every team is ranked so the statement you made is false.

--
Michael Press

J. Hugh Sullivan

Oct 13, 2015, 6:01:12 AM10/13/15
On Mon, 12 Oct 2015 12:37:25 -0700, Michael Press <rub...@pacbell.net>
wrote:

>In article <561bc7c9....@news.eternal-september.org>,
> Ea...@bellsouth.net (J. Hugh Sullivan) wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 21:41:48 -0700, Michael Press <rub...@pacbell.net>
>> wrote:

>> >Pro tip: Reigning national champion.
>> >
>> >--
>> >Michael Press
>>
>> Bud Wilkinson makes all others look bad. But those whose knowledge is
>> so limited will never comprehend the facts. Alas, poor Yorick. Who the
>> heck was he?
>>
>> I can get current with y'all. No ranked college football team has won
>> a game this week. So we are all equal.
>>
>> Hugh
>
>Every team is ranked so the statement you made is false.
>
>--
>Michael Press

You miss the point. The precedent that was set is to cherry-pick based
on currency. The rankings are cherry-picked to last week. Ohio's
record was cherry-picked to Urban Meyers reemergence after Saban ran
him out of the SEC.To follow the precedent I chose to start with this
week and staring then every team is 0-0.

Maybe you need to review cherry-picking in Wikipedia.

Hugh

Michael Press

Oct 13, 2015, 5:37:11 PM10/13/15
In article <561cd4c1....@news.eternal-september.org>,
You made a false statement.

--
Michael Press

J. Hugh Sullivan

Oct 13, 2015, 11:14:00 PM10/13/15
On Tue, 13 Oct 2015 14:37:08 -0700, Michael Press <rub...@pacbell.net>
wrote:

>You made a false statement.
>
>--
>Michael Press

Are you a parrot who has graduated from repeating, "Polly wants a
cracker."?

Hugh

Michael Press

Oct 14, 2015, 7:53:15 PM10/14/15
In article <561dc7ed....@news.eternal-september.org>,

J. Hugh Sullivan

Oct 15, 2015, 8:08:25 AM10/15/15
On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 16:53:12 -0700, Michael Press <rub...@pacbell.net>
wrote:

>In article <561dc7ed....@news.eternal-september.org>,
> Ea...@bellsouth.net (J. Hugh Sullivan) wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 13 Oct 2015 14:37:08 -0700, Michael Press <rub...@pacbell.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >You made a false statement.
>> >
>> >--
>> >Michael Press
>>
>> Are you a parrot who has graduated from repeating, "Polly wants a
>> cracker."?
>>
>> Hugh
>
>You made a false statement.

That's a false statement. little boy.

Hugh

Michael Press

Oct 19, 2015, 5:08:27 PM10/19/15
In article <561f961f....@news.eternal-september.org>,
Ea...@bellsouth.net (J. Hugh Sullivan) wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 16:53:12 -0700, Michael Press <rub...@pacbell.net>
> wrote:
>
> >In article <561dc7ed....@news.eternal-september.org>,
> > Ea...@bellsouth.net (J. Hugh Sullivan) wrote:

> >> Are you a parrot who has graduated from repeating, "Polly wants a
> >> cracker."?
> >>
> >> Hugh
> >
> >You made a false statement.
>
> That's a false statement. little boy.
>
> Hugh

You made a false statement and are dishonest enough to
remove that false statement from the quoted material.
You revert to name calling thus admitting you have nothing left.

--
Michael Press

J. Hugh Sullivan

Oct 19, 2015, 6:10:03 PM10/19/15
On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 14:08:24 -0700, Michael Press <rub...@pacbell.net>
wrote:

>You made a false statement and are dishonest enough to
>remove that false statement from the quoted material.
>You revert to name calling thus admitting you have nothing left.

What you might think is false is moot.

Yep, I'm a has been responding to a never was or will be.

Let me know if I haven't removed what shamed you, boy.

Hugh

Michael Press

Oct 20, 2015, 12:39:12 AM10/20/15
In article <5625692e....@news.eternal-september.org>,
Ea...@bellsouth.net (J. Hugh Sullivan) wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 14:08:24 -0700, Michael Press <rub...@pacbell.net>
> wrote:
>
> >You made a false statement and are dishonest enough to
> >remove that false statement from the quoted material.
> >You revert to name calling thus admitting you have nothing left.
>
> What you might think is false is moot.

"Might". I said so categorically.
You will not debate the facts.
Rather you remove them from the context.

> Yep, I'm a has been responding to a never was or will be.
>
> Let me know if I haven't removed what shamed you, boy.
>
> Hugh

You revert to name calling. You lose.

--
Michael Press

J. Hugh Sullivan

Oct 20, 2015, 6:49:15 AM10/20/15
On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 21:39:10 -0700, Michael Press <rub...@pacbell.net>
wrote:

>In article <5625692e....@news.eternal-september.org>,
> Ea...@bellsouth.net (J. Hugh Sullivan) wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 14:08:24 -0700, Michael Press <rub...@pacbell.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >You made a false statement and are dishonest enough to
>> >remove that false statement from the quoted material.
>> >You revert to name calling thus admitting you have nothing left.
>>
>> What you might think is false is moot.
>
>"Might". I said so categorically.
>You will not debate the facts.
>Rather you remove them from the context.
>
>> Yep, I'm a has been responding to a never was or will be.
>>
>> Let me know if I haven't removed what shamed you, boy.
>>
>> Hugh
>
>You revert to name calling. You lose.
>
>--
>Michael Press

What did I lose, boy? Get off you mother's teat.

Hugh

Michael Press

Oct 20, 2015, 4:23:05 PM10/20/15
In article <56261aa8....@news.eternal-september.org>,
Ea...@bellsouth.net (J. Hugh Sullivan) wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 21:39:10 -0700, Michael Press <rub...@pacbell.net>
> wrote:
>
> >In article <5625692e....@news.eternal-september.org>,
> > Ea...@bellsouth.net (J. Hugh Sullivan) wrote:

> >> What you might think is false is moot.
> >
> >"Might". I said so categorically.
> >You will not debate the facts.
> >Rather you remove them from the context.
> >
> >> Yep, I'm a has been responding to a never was or will be.
> >>
> >> Let me know if I haven't removed what shamed you, boy.
> >>
> >> Hugh
> >
> >You revert to name calling. You lose.
> >
> >--
> >Michael Press
>
> What did I lose, boy? Get off you mother's teat.
>
> Hugh

Spit some more venom for us, Hugh.

--
Michael Press

J. Hugh Sullivan

Oct 21, 2015, 6:23:38 AM10/21/15
On Tue, 20 Oct 2015 13:23:03 -0700, Michael Press <rub...@pacbell.net>
wrote:

>Spit some more venom for us, Hugh.

Okay - one more for you. To crap on you anymore I would have to take a
laxative.

I'm outta here. You're just too juvenile to interest me any longer.

Hugh

Michael Press

Oct 21, 2015, 8:03:36 PM10/21/15
In article <5627671b...@news.eternal-september.org>,
Ea...@bellsouth.net (J. Hugh Sullivan) wrote:

Well done. Keep spitting. It's you.

--
Michael Press

Ken Olson

Oct 21, 2015, 9:11:25 PM10/21/15
Y'all are consistently persistent. ;)

Michael Press

Oct 22, 2015, 3:31:45 AM10/22/15
In article <n09cvp$1lu$1...@dont-email.me>,
You say "y'all" but I cannot speak for anyone else.
Yes, I am being consistent and persistent. I sense from
the ";)" that your remark is oblique; yet I am not sure
of the direction you take so I cannot speak further as
I would risk mistaking your intention and give offense.

--
Michael Press