Does anyone in this here chatrum think that Newt Gingrich

1 view

Futbol Phan

Mar 1, 2011, 3:36:44 PM3/1/11

Dennis J

Mar 1, 2011, 3:38:36 PM3/1/11
hey, Futbol Phan <sgz...@gmail.com>'s been through solid matter, for
crying out loud. Who knows what's happened to his brain? Maybe it's
scrambled his molecules...

he's got a prayer, probably recites daily... but he has a snowball's
chance in hell of getting elected...
--

"It’s been so difficult to get out of this recession because of the disequilibrium in the real economy.”" -- Paul Volcker

"Education is the progressive discovery of our own Ignorance" Will Durant

"One can't have a sense of perspective without a sense of Humor" -- Wayne Thiboux

"the Glass is not only half full, it has been delicious so far!!" -- ME

To reply, SCRAPE off the end bits.

CheeseHusker dos

Mar 1, 2011, 3:44:16 PM3/1/11
On Mar 1, 2:36 pm, Futbol Phan <sgz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> has a prayer of being elected POTUS?
>
> http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/01/just-in-gingrich-to-a...

My reaction was "WTF?"

Con Reeder, unhyphenated American

Mar 1, 2011, 3:53:39 PM3/1/11

He is angling for VP. I'd vote for the man, but then again I believe
that failure and mistakes improve a man....a concept most people have
trouble dealing with.

--
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in
overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Edison

Emperor Wonko the Sane

Mar 1, 2011, 3:56:05 PM3/1/11
On Mar 1, 2:36 pm, Futbol Phan <sgz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> has a prayer of being elected POTUS?
>
> http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/01/just-in-gingrich-to-a...

A prayer is about the limit of his chances.

Doug

Kody

Mar 1, 2011, 4:01:57 PM3/1/11

"Futbol Phan" <sgz...@gmail.com> wrote in message

No, but what can I say, I don't like his name.

The Undead Edward M. Kennedy

Mar 1, 2011, 4:05:32 PM3/1/11
"CheeseHusker dos" <jonr...@yahoo.com> wrote

> has a prayer of being elected POTUS?
>
> http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/01/just-in-gingrich-to-a...
<
<My reaction was "WTF?"

I saw read the link first and thought maybe he is looking for his
kitchen stool.

--Tedward

Cornhuskeress

Mar 1, 2011, 4:06:17 PM3/1/11
On Mar 1, 12:53 pm, "Con Reeder, unhyphenated American"

<consta...@duxmail.com> wrote:
> On 2011-03-01, Futbol Phan <sgz...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > has a prayer of being elected POTUS?
>
> >http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/01/just-in-gingrich-to-a...

> He is angling for VP. I'd vote for the man, but then again I believe
> that failure and mistakes improve a man....a concept most people have
> trouble dealing with.
>
> --
He is one of my last choices, but would probably vote for him if he
makes it to the general election.

lein

Mar 1, 2011, 4:07:18 PM3/1/11
On Mar 1, 12:36 pm, Futbol Phan <sgz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> has a prayer of being elected POTUS?
>
> http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/01/just-in-gingrich-to-a...

Four years ago people were asking if any Democrat could stop the
Hillary Machine.

Tom Enright

Mar 1, 2011, 4:11:26 PM3/1/11
On Mar 1, 3:36 pm, Futbol Phan <sgz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> has a prayer of being elected POTUS?
>
> http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/01/just-in-gingrich-to-a...

No. He'd be a great president, so it would be cool. But no way in
hell.

-Tom Enright

"It occurs to me that I may have been a bit harsh on Gingrich. So let
me add that I do think he is a very intelligent man, a shrewd
rhetorician, and a gifted speaker.
However, if those things made a great president, we’d already have
one, wouldn’t we?"
-Eric Scheie

xyzzy

Mar 1, 2011, 4:34:59 PM3/1/11
On Mar 1, 3:36 pm, Futbol Phan <sgz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> has a prayer of being elected POTUS?
>
> http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/01/just-in-gingrich-to-a...

No. The oppo research machines would have so much fun with him....

CheeseHusker dos

Mar 1, 2011, 4:45:19 PM3/1/11

A Palin/Gingrich ticket would be a dem oppo wet dream..

Damon Hynes, Cyclone Ranger

Mar 1, 2011, 5:16:09 PM3/1/11
On Mar 1, 2:36 pm, Futbol Phan <sgz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> has a prayer of being elected POTUS?
>
> http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/01/just-in-gingrich-to-a...

D00d, I live in Nebr. If he makes it to the general, my vote for the
Libertarian candidate will be a drop in the bucket. But I'd be happy
to see him take the state.

John Rogers

Mar 1, 2011, 6:15:56 PM3/1/11
Hey, Futbol Phan <sgz...@gmail.com>... keep the change, you filthy
animal.

I'd vote for Hillary Rodham Clinton before I'd vote for fuckin' Newt
Butt-Weasel Gingrich.

John M. Rogers
AU Class of 1985
The Al Del Greco of Atlanta

Dennis J

Mar 1, 2011, 8:15:18 PM3/1/11
hey, John Rogers <tige...@yahoo.com>'s been through solid matter,

for crying out loud. Who knows what's happened to his brain? Maybe
it's scrambled his molecules...

>Hey, Futbol Phan <sgz...@gmail.com>... keep the change, you filthy

>animal.
>
>>has a prayer of being elected POTUS?
>>
>>http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/01/just-in-gingrich-to-announce-exploratory-committee/?hpt=T2
>

>I'd vote for Hillary Rodham Clinton before I'd vote for fuckin' Newt
>Butt-Weasel Gingrich.

so what are ya saying oh wise Atlanta Conservative?

Eric Kemp

Mar 1, 2011, 8:27:11 PM3/1/11

Won't happen. Yes, I know Nixon pulled it off, but he had a bitterly
divided Democratic party in his favor. I don't see a serious challenge
to Obama on the Left.

John Rogers

Mar 1, 2011, 8:25:17 PM3/1/11
Hey, Dennis J <drju...@verizon.netSCRAPE.COM>... keep the change, you
filthy animal.

>hey, John Rogers <tige...@yahoo.com>'s been through solid matter,
>for crying out loud. Who knows what's happened to his brain? Maybe
>it's scrambled his molecules...
>
>>Hey, Futbol Phan <sgz...@gmail.com>... keep the change, you filthy
>>animal.
>>
>>>has a prayer of being elected POTUS?
>>>
>>>http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/01/just-in-gingrich-to-announce-exploratory-committee/?hpt=T2
>>

>>I'd vote for Hillary Rodham Clinton before I'd vote for fuckin' Newt
>>Butt-Weasel Gingrich.
>
>so what are ya saying oh wise Atlanta Conservative?

I'm saying that (IMO at least) you can depend on Hillary doing what
she says she's going to do.

Newt the Butt-Weasel? He'll tell you anything you want to hear to get
elected.

Cornhuskeress

Mar 1, 2011, 8:34:20 PM3/1/11
On Mar 1, 5:25 pm, John Rogers <tiger7...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hey, Dennis J <drjud...@verizon.netSCRAPE.COM>... keep the change, you
> filthy animal.
>

> >hey, John Rogers <tiger7...@yahoo.com>'s been through solid matter,

> >for crying out loud. Who knows what's happened to his brain? Maybe
> >it's scrambled his molecules...
>
> >>Hey, Futbol Phan <sgz...@gmail.com>... keep the change, you filthy
> >>animal.

> >>I'd vote for Hillary Rodham Clinton before I'd vote for fuckin' Newt
> >>Butt-Weasel Gingrich.
>
> >so what are ya saying oh wise Atlanta Conservative?
>
> I'm saying that (IMO at least) you can depend on Hillary doing what
> she says she's going to do.
>
> Newt the Butt-Weasel?  He'll tell you anything you want to hear to get
> elected.

Yep,, I gotta agree with this assessment.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Mar 1, 2011, 8:48:34 PM3/1/11
Disculpa Senora Tom Enright, pero did you really mime the following on
3/1/2011 4:11 PM???
<snip>

> He'd be a great president, so it would be cool.

I just wanted to see this in all of its solitary glory ($1 to myself)

--
Lighthouses are more helpful than churches.
-- Benjamin Franklin

Damon Hynes, Cyclone Ranger

Mar 1, 2011, 9:02:06 PM3/1/11
> I don't see a serious challenge to Obama on the Left.

So it's up to conservatives to start funding one. An earnest useful
idiot like Maher/Sheehan.

SNORKY

Mar 1, 2011, 9:49:42 PM3/1/11
On Tue, 01 Mar 2011 14:53:39 -0600, "Con Reeder, unhyphenated
American" <cons...@duxmail.com> wrote:
>On 2011-03-01, Futbol Phan <sgz...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> has a prayer of being elected POTUS?
>>
>> http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/01/just-in-gingrich-to-announce-exploratory-committee/?hpt=T2
>
>He is angling for VP. I'd vote for the man, but then again I believe
>that failure and mistakes improve a man....a concept most people have
>trouble dealing with.

Glad to see you are undead. But I say nope on the Veep. He's playing
for keeps due mainly to his age.

SNORKY

Mar 1, 2011, 9:50:15 PM3/1/11

It took a Marxist.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Mar 1, 2011, 9:52:36 PM3/1/11
Disculpa Senora SNORKY, pero did you really mime the following on
3/1/2011 9:50 PM???

You sound bitter. Are you bitter?

NapalmHeart

Mar 1, 2011, 11:08:58 PM3/1/11

"Zaphod Beeblebrox" <victor...@verizon.net> wrote in message

To pin it down a bit further, Marxist-Leninist.

NapalmHeart

Mar 1, 2011, 11:12:20 PM3/1/11

"Cornhuskeress" <cahusk...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
So he has something in common with Bill Clinton.

Tom Enright

Mar 1, 2011, 11:16:13 PM3/1/11
On Mar 1, 8:48 pm, Zaphod Beeblebrox <victor.ki...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Disculpa Senora Tom Enright, pero did you really mime the following  on
> 3/1/2011 4:11 PM???
> <snip>

> > He'd be a great president, so it would be cool.

> I just wanted to see this in all of its solitary glory ($1 to myself)

In all seriousness, this is why Gingrich can't win. He has instant
negative name recognition. You probably couldn't tell me anything
specific about him that is objectionable without googling. You hate
him because he's a conservative.

-Tom Enright

Google Beta User

Mar 2, 2011, 8:54:03 AM3/2/11
On Mar 1, 3:36 pm, Futbol Phan <sgz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> has a prayer of being elected POTUS?
>
> http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/01/just-in-gingrich-to-a...

===Forgive me if you see this thrice, Google's acting up==

I don't like the guy, and think he's unelectable, but he'll bring
intellectual rigor tot he Republican nomination process. For sure he
has a brilliant mind, I can't imagine him letting any of them get away
with platitudes, and he'll call someone like Romney out devastatingly.

I think he'll be an excellent sharpener for whoever does get the
nomination.

Google Beta User

Mar 2, 2011, 8:57:03 AM3/2/11
On Mar 1, 3:44 pm, CheeseHusker dos <jonrus...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > has a prayer of being elected POTUS?
>
> >http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/01/just-in-gingrich-to-a...
>
> My reaction was "WTF?"

It bears repeating, whoever they put up has to LOOK and SOUND "nice"
and "reasonable" when coming up against Obama. Conservatives will
complain that that means electing a RINO, but you dont' have to elect
a RINO. Someone like Rep. Cantor, Gov. McConnell or Sen. Thune are
examples of that (not saying they'll run, just using them as
examples.)

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Mar 2, 2011, 9:24:12 AM3/2/11
Tom Enright presented us with the following on 3/1/2011 11:16 PM:

> On Mar 1, 8:48 pm, Zaphod Beeblebrox<victor.ki...@verizon.net> wrote:
>> Disculpa Senora Tom Enright, pero did you really mime the following on
>> 3/1/2011 4:11 PM???
>> <snip>
>
>>> He'd be a great president, so it would be cool.
>
>> I just wanted to see this in all of its solitary glory ($1 to myself)
>
> In all seriousness, this is why Gingrich can't win. He has instant
> negative name recognition. You probably couldn't tell me anything
> specific about him that is objectionable without googling. You hate
> him because he's a conservative.

Sure.

> -Tom Enright
>
>> --
>> Lighthouses are more helpful than churches.
>> -- Benjamin Franklin

carrying a cross - Not Sinclair Lewis

xyzzy

Mar 2, 2011, 10:14:40 AM3/2/11
On Mar 1, 11:16 pm, Tom Enright <freddy_ha...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Mar 1, 8:48 pm, Zaphod Beeblebrox <victor.ki...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> > Disculpa Senora Tom Enright, pero did you really mime the following  on
> > 3/1/2011 4:11 PM???
> > <snip>
> > > He'd be a great president, so it would be cool.
> > I just wanted to see this in all of its solitary glory ($1 to myself)
>
> In all seriousness, this is why Gingrich can't win.  He has instant
> negative name recognition.  You probably couldn't tell me anything
> specific about him that is objectionable without googling.  You hate
> him because he's a conservative.

I didn't have to google to know that he served divorce papers on his
while while she was on her cancer deathbed, or that there were some
questionable things with the finances of his PAC that led to his
resignation. The Republicans didn't make him resign as speaker
because he was a good guy, d00d. .

SNORKY

Mar 2, 2011, 9:33:16 PM3/2/11
On Tue, 01 Mar 2011 21:52:36 -0500, Zaphod Beeblebrox
<victor...@verizon.net> wrote:
>Disculpa Senora SNORKY, pero did you really mime the following on
>3/1/2011 9:50 PM???
>> On Tue, 1 Mar 2011 13:07:18 -0800 (PST), lein
>> <jan.lei...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Four years ago people were asking if any Democrat could stop the
>>> Hillary Machine.
>>
>> It took a Marxist.
>
>You sound bitter. Are you bitter?

I am alert and "in the know". I have the blood of a Tiger.

xyzzy

Mar 4, 2011, 10:36:50 AM3/4/11
On Mar 1, 11:16 pm, Tom Enright <freddy_ha...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Mar 1, 8:48 pm, Zaphod Beeblebrox <victor.ki...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> > Disculpa Senora Tom Enright, pero did you really mime the following  on
> > 3/1/2011 4:11 PM???
> > <snip>
> > > He'd be a great president, so it would be cool.
> > I just wanted to see this in all of its solitary glory ($1 to myself)
>
> In all seriousness, this is why Gingrich can't win.  He has instant
> negative name recognition.  You probably couldn't tell me anything
> specific about him that is objectionable without googling.  You hate
> him because he's a conservative.

btw, Republicans don't like him that much either. Or at least not as
much they like their other choices. Even Tea Party supporters prefer
Romney over him, ouch:

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/03/03/few-winning-scenarios-for-gingrich/

a/k/a

http://tinyurl.com/4euv7l9

Jay Furr

Mar 4, 2011, 12:48:51 PM3/4/11
On Mar 1, 11:16 pm, Tom Enright <freddy_ha...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Mar 1, 8:48 pm, Zaphod Beeblebrox <victor.ki...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> > Disculpa Senora Tom Enright, pero did you really mime the following  on
> > 3/1/2011 4:11 PM???
> > <snip>
> > > He'd be a great president, so it would be cool.
> > I just wanted to see this in all of its solitary glory ($1 to myself)
>
> In all seriousness, this is why Gingrich can't win.  He has instant
> negative name recognition.  You probably couldn't tell me anything
> specific about him that is objectionable without googling.  You hate
> him because he's a conservative.

I sure can. He divorced his first wife while she was in the hospital
recovering from cancer surgery. He then married his mistress. Who he
then divorced in order to marry a staffer he'd been sleeping with
DURING the Lewinsky scandal. He apparently has firm ideas about what
the "wife of a President" ought to look like and keeps "trading up" to
a newer model. I dislike him because he's a scumbag; he's not a
conservative. Real conservatives actually believe what they say about
family values. Fake-ass conservatives like Gingrich are simply in it
for the power.

Tom Enright

Mar 4, 2011, 1:01:48 PM3/4/11

He would be Clintonesque. A bad person but not necessarily a bad
president.

-Tom Enright

xyzzy

Mar 4, 2011, 1:10:52 PM3/4/11

If he did become President, I could see him being a Republican
Clinton. But his lack of the personal warmth or empathy (real or fake,
depending on your view of the man) that helped get Clinton elected is
a handicap to Gingrich being elected.

Plus Clinton benefited significantly in 1992 from being a relatively
fresh face on the national scene, an advantage Gingrich doesn't have.

lein

Mar 5, 2011, 2:23:17 AM3/5/11

True, but it would be fun watching Gingrich mop the floors with Obama
in a debate.

lein

Mar 5, 2011, 2:24:10 AM3/5/11
On Mar 1, 2:16 pm, "Damon Hynes, Cyclone Ranger"

No, your vote for the Libertarian candidate will be a drop in the
trash can.

lein

Mar 5, 2011, 2:25:24 AM3/5/11
On Mar 1, 3:15 pm, John Rogers <tiger7...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hey, Futbol Phan <sgz...@gmail.com>... keep the change, you filthy
> animal.
>
> >has a prayer of being elected POTUS?
>
> >http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/01/just-in-gingrich-to-a...

> I'd vote for Hillary Rodham Clinton before I'd vote for fuckin' Newt
> Butt-Weasel Gingrich.

But it won't be Newt versus Hillary. So you gonna vote for the
incumbent marxist?

Damon Hynes, Cyclone Ranger

Mar 5, 2011, 7:55:26 AM3/5/11
> > D00d, I live in Nebr.  If he makes it to the general, my vote for the
> > Libertarian candidate will be a drop in the bucket.  But I'd be happy
> > to see him take the state.
>
> No, your vote for the Libertarian candidate will be a drop in the
> trash can.

That's what I meant :-)

xyzzy

Mar 5, 2011, 9:37:04 AM3/5/11

I already had fun watching Hillary wipe the floor with him in 2008,
but it didn't make much difference.

John Rogers

Mar 5, 2011, 2:20:04 PM3/5/11
Hey, lein <boomer_...@my-deja.com>... keep the change, you filthy
animal.

>On Mar 1, 3:15 pm, John Rogers <tiger7...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Hey, Futbol Phan <sgz...@gmail.com>... keep the change, you filthy
>> animal.
>>
>> >has a prayer of being elected POTUS?
>>
>> >http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/01/just-in-gingrich-to-a...
>>
>> I'd vote for Hillary Rodham Clinton before I'd vote for fuckin' Newt
>> Butt-Weasel Gingrich.
>
>But it won't be Newt versus Hillary. So you gonna vote for the
>incumbent marxist?

No, I'll probably end up voting for the Libertarian loser.