Joepa to tOSU?

Jim Brown

Nov 10, 2011, 7:51:03 PM11/10/11
He's too young to quit coaching.

Glen Heiman

Nov 10, 2011, 7:59:14 PM11/10/11

"Jim Brown" <jimbr...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:b66676de-54d9-4841...@d5g2000yqg.googlegroups.com...
> He's too young to quit coaching.

Good idea. tOSU could use an intern.

Heiman

Tom Enright

Nov 10, 2011, 8:08:56 PM11/10/11
On Nov 10, 7:59 pm, "Glen Heiman" <dak...@cox.net> wrote:
> "Jim Brown" <jimbrown...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
> news:b66676de-54d9-4841...@d5g2000yqg.googlegroups.com...
>
> > He's too young to quit coaching.
>
> Good idea.  tOSU could use an intern.

Both of these posts MML

-Tom Enright

> Heiman

michael anderson

Nov 10, 2011, 8:49:15 PM11/10/11
On Nov 10, 6:51 pm, Jim Brown <jimbrown...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> He's too young to quit coaching.

i think obviously that for these two jobs all the speculation is going
to be on meyer and which one he will choose.

I don't think it is a close call. tOSU is clearly the better program.

Jim Brown

Nov 10, 2011, 8:52:15 PM11/10/11
No way would I go to tOSU if I were Meyer, but he may well do just
that. PSU's job isn't too enticing right now either...

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Nov 10, 2011, 8:59:08 PM11/10/11
Disculpa Senora michael anderson, pero did you really mime the following
on 11/10/2011 8:49 PM???
Bullshit!

Well, OK. I guess it depends on what you mean by "better."

As a Big Ten Fan AND a Pennsylvania resident for almost as long as
you've been alive I can assure you that I know more about Penn State and
tOSU than you. This latest transgression from Penn State dwarfs anything
that tOSU might have done, but if you set that aside and look at the
larger "body of work" tOSU absolutely RUTSes Penn State when it comes to
sheer thuggery - from TP all the way back to Woody Hayes. And I say
this as a Pitt fan who despises Penn State.

--
Lighthouses are more helpful than churches.
-- Benjamin Franklin

michael anderson

Nov 10, 2011, 8:58:11 PM11/10/11
On Nov 10, 7:52 pm, Jim Brown <jimbrown...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Nov 10, 7:49 pm, michael anderson <mianderso...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Nov 10, 6:51 pm, Jim Brown <jimbrown...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > He's too young to quit coaching.
>
> > i think obviously that for these two jobs all the speculation is going
> > to be on meyer and which one he will choose.
>
> > I don't think it is a close call. tOSU is clearly the better program.
>
> No way would I go to tOSU if I were Meyer

why not?

1) current flagship program of the bigten
2) over the last couple decades have been *by far* the most successful
program on the field in the conference
3) consistently recruit better than any program in the bigten
4) tons of money, resources, and passion

michael anderson

Nov 10, 2011, 10:00:19 PM11/10/11
On Nov 10, 7:59 pm, Zaphod Beeblebrox <victor.ki...@verizon.net>
wrote:
> Disculpa Senora michael anderson, pero did you really mime the following
>   on 11/10/2011 8:49 PM???
>
> > On Nov 10, 6:51 pm, Jim Brown<jimbrown...@yahoo.com>  wrote:
> >> He's too young to quit coaching.
>
> > i think obviously that for these two jobs all the speculation is going
> > to be on meyer and which one he will choose.
>
> > I don't think it is a close call. tOSU is clearly the better program.
>
> Bullshit!
>
> Well, OK. I guess it depends on what you mean by "better."

discounted lattes, free passes to ohio state parks, and a gift
certificate to white castle.....what the hell do you think I mean?
Having a hx of winning, recent winning, having a hx recently of the
better recruiting, just a better more impressive program.....

> As a Big Ten Fan AND a Pennsylvania resident for almost as long as
> you've been alive I can assure you that I know more about Penn State and
> tOSU than you.

im sure you do.....apparently you arent emphasizing the things that
matter most though,.

This latest transgression from Penn State dwarfs anything
> that tOSU might have done, but if you set that aside and look at the
> larger "body of work" tOSU absolutely RUTSes Penn State when it comes to
> sheer thuggery

aside from the fact penn state having the edge over anyone on such
matters after this is laughable, WHO CARES? The quality of a job is
not mainly defined by which program has the lowest "thuggery score".

All the most desirable jobs in the country at the best programs in the
country have all had some shadiness or sketchiness(dpending on what
your standards are) recently in some way.

Jim Brown

Nov 10, 2011, 10:08:52 PM11/10/11
On Nov 10, 7:59 pm, Zaphod Beeblebrox <victor.ki...@verizon.net>
wrote:
My thots exactly.

Thomas R. Kettler

Nov 10, 2011, 9:26:58 PM11/10/11
In article
<b66676de-54d9-4841...@d5g2000yqg.googlegroups.com>,
Jim Brown <jimbr...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> He's too young to quit coaching.

Ohio State's med school could provide him with a doctor 24/7.
--
Remove blown from email address to reply.

unklbob

Nov 10, 2011, 10:37:16 PM11/10/11
What's a hx?

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Nov 10, 2011, 10:40:48 PM11/10/11
Disculpa Senora michael anderson, pero did you really mime the following
on 11/10/2011 10:00 PM???
> On Nov 10, 7:59 pm, Zaphod Beeblebrox<victor.ki...@verizon.net>
> wrote:
>> Disculpa Senora michael anderson, pero did you really mime the
>> following on 11/10/2011 8:49 PM???

>>> i think obviously that for these two jobs all the speculation is
>>> going to be on meyer and which one he will choose.
>>
>>> I don't think it is a close call. tOSU is clearly the better
>>> program.
>>
>> Bullshit!
>>
>> Well, OK. I guess it depends on what you mean by "better."
>

> discounted lattes, free passes to ohio state parks, and a gift
> certificate to white castle.....what the hell do you think I mean?
> Having a hx of winning, recent winning, having a hx recently of the
> better recruiting, just a better more impressive program.....

The problem is that you're a snot-nosed kid who believes that football
history/tradition started in 2002. I'm assuming that "hx" means history
in doctor-speak, but your idea of what time period is covered by
"history" differs from the rest of the civilized world's.
Woody Hayes is talked of in the same breath as JoePa.
But Bruce or Cooper or Tressel? GMAFB! And believe me - I say this as
the No. 2 Penn State hater (after JayByrd...) in this group.

>> As a Big Ten Fan AND a Pennsylvania resident for almost as long as
>> you've been alive I can assure you that I know more about Penn
>> State and tOSU than you.
>
> im sure you do.....apparently you arent emphasizing the things that
> matter most though,.

And what are these things? The no. of victories since 2006?

> This latest transgression from Penn State dwarfs anything
>> that tOSU might have done, but if you set that aside and look at
>> the larger "body of work" tOSU absolutely RUTSes Penn State when it
>> comes to sheer thuggery
>
> aside from the fact penn state having the edge over anyone on such
> matters after this is laughable, WHO CARES? The quality of a job
> is not mainly defined by which program has the lowest "thuggery
> score".

The probability of how long you can stick in a job most certainly does.

> All the most desirable jobs in the country at the best programs in
> the country have all had some shadiness or sketchiness(dpending on
> what your standards are) recently in some way.

Antonio Veranos

Nov 10, 2011, 10:41:37 PM11/10/11
[unklbob, mcgri...@aol.com]
[Thu, 10 Nov 2011 19:37:16 -0800 (PST)]

: What's a hx?

History. (specifically: medical history)

--
Antonio Veranos

<insert witty comment here>

Irish Mike

Nov 11, 2011, 12:22:03 AM11/11/11
Not to mention the painful fact that PSU has the most boring football
uniforms on the planet. Hell, Penn State's uniforms are so bad they make
the Amish look flamboyant! I would like to see the new PSU head coach,
who ever she may be, bring a whole new 20th century look to that drab
football program.

Irish Mike

addre...@invalid.invalid

Nov 11, 2011, 1:42:00 AM11/11/11
I have worked for both OSU and PSU. You are both correct.

--
GS Rider