Andrea Mitchell, Non-Partisan

Tom Enright

Aug 20, 2008, 10:20:25 PM8/20/08
http://rsmccain.blogspot.com/2008/08/andrea-mitchell-beyond-parody.html

You can't make this stuff up:

The Obama people must feel that he didn't do quite as well as they
might have wanted to in that context, because that -- what they're
putting out privately is that McCain may not have been in the cone of
silence and may have had some ability to overhear what the questions
were to Obama.

And, on "Meet the Press," Andrea Mitchell feels obligated to inject
this cheap and unsubstantiated partisan smear into the media
mainstream. In-freaking-credible.

UPDATE: D.S. Hube at Newsbusters:

Andrea Mitchell barely hestitated to toss that out there, with
guest host David Gregory merely offering a rather semi-innocuous
"Right" in response.

Look, I am not one of those who believes that every story about
politics has to be perfectly "balanced," but when you have a campaign
accusing its opposition of cheating, this is something that requires
(a) supporting evidence, and (b) an opportunity for the opponent to
address the accusation. You can't just run out there in front of the
camera and repeat slander to a national TV audience of 4 million
viewers.

-Tom Enright

xyzzy

Aug 20, 2008, 10:40:32 PM8/20/08

This was published in my local newspaper today. enjoy:

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/corrections/story/1185329.html

So he was in fact, not in the cone of silence. Maybe you 'wingers need
to stay up with the news cycle a little more?

The Grand Beckoning

Aug 20, 2008, 10:40:29 PM8/20/08
On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 19:20:25 -0700 (PDT), Tom Enright

>Look, I am not one of those who believes that every story about
>politics has to be perfectly "balanced," but when you have a campaign
>accusing its opposition of cheating, this is something that requires
>(a) supporting evidence, and (b) an opportunity for the opponent to
>address the accusation. You can't just run out there in front of the
>camera and repeat slander to a national TV audience of 4 million
>viewers.
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>-Tom Enright

Flashback to 2000, with all of the accusations of voter fraud and
suppression in Florida, and not a single case ever demonstrated. So
how did the come to make the accusations if they had nothing to base
it on?

Just like a frantic wife yelling at her husband, they scream out
something shocking that they merely want to be true to make them
appear to be victims of some grave injustice.

Bush lied about WMDs! He played on our fears! It's all for oil! It's
all for Haliburton! Bush cheated in Florida! Bush blew up the levies!
Bush is the new Hitler! Bush is a war criminal! Bush is invading our
privacy! Bush blew up the World Trade Centers!

Liberalism is a mental disease.

rich hammett

Aug 20, 2008, 10:42:52 PM8/20/08
Minun olisi pitänyt tietää, olisi pitänyt tietää,
olisi pitänyt tietää KUKA SINÄ OLET, Tom Enright:
> http://rsmccain.blogspot.com/2008/08/andrea-mitchell-beyond-parody.html

Of course, the McCain campaign called the initial reports
that he wasn't in the quiet room "lies and slander," too,
until they finally admitted it was true.

If you yell loud enough, that will be forgotten, too.

rich
--
-to reply, it's hot not warm
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Chris Bellomy

Aug 20, 2008, 11:07:15 PM8/20/08
Tom Enright wrote, On 8/20/08 9:20 PM:

> http://rsmccain.blogspot.com/2008/08/andrea-mitchell-beyond-parody.html
>
> You can't make this stuff up:
>
> The Obama people must feel that he didn't do quite as well as they
> might have wanted to in that context, because that -- what they're
> putting out privately is that McCain may not have been in the cone of
> silence and may have had some ability to overhear what the questions
> were to Obama.
>
> And, on "Meet the Press," Andrea Mitchell feels obligated to inject
> this cheap and unsubstantiated partisan smear into the media
> mainstream. In-freaking-credible.

How dare Mrs. Alan Greenspan attack John McCain with facts!

LEAVE JOHN MCCAIN ALOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cb

lein

Aug 21, 2008, 12:17:20 AM8/21/08

Are you suggesting McCain heard the questions as they were being asked
to Obama? I'd put this one in the file, right next to the
mysterious lump that appeared on Bush's back during one of the
debates. You know, the device where they fed him answers on the fly.

Trevor Zion Bauknight

Aug 21, 2008, 3:39:14 AM8/21/08
In article <cpOdnb2XJ-h4RjHV...@supernews.com>,
Chris Bellomy <ten.wohsdoog@sirhc> wrote:

It's funny...Mitchell is one of theirs, and they throw her under the bus
in a heartbeat.

--
Trev

Trevor Zion Bauknight

Aug 21, 2008, 3:40:50 AM8/21/08
In article
<7e1f8067-830b-47bc...@b30g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
lein <boomer_...@my-deja.com> wrote:

Are you suggesting he wasn't?? Based on what?

> I'd put this one in the file, right next to the
> mysterious lump that appeared on Bush's back during one of the
> debates. You know, the device where they fed him answers on the fly.

What do you think it was that caused the very distinctive 'Y' on his
back? It's visible in pictures, you know.

--
Trev

the_andr...@yahoo.com

Aug 21, 2008, 9:04:47 AM8/21/08
On Aug 21, 3:40 am, Trevor Zion Bauknight <t...@moodchanginggood.net>
wrote:
> In article
> <7e1f8067-830b-47bc-8d9c-982b1cc43...@b30g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,

Bush is Nessie.

a.

xyzzy

Aug 21, 2008, 9:41:51 AM8/21/08

I'm suggesting that, despite vigorous early denials, and 'winger
claims that there was no basis for saying John McCain was not in the
cone of silence and that saying so was moonbat craziness, he in fact
was not in the cone of silence.

It demonstrates the attention to facts and integrity illustrated from
3:50 to 3:59 of this classic video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcQ7RkyBoBc

"Were you in the cone of silence?"
"Yeah"
"well your motorcade says you weren't"
"Oh, then I mean no"

rich hammett

Aug 21, 2008, 11:00:14 AM8/21/08
Minun olisi pitänyt tietää, olisi pitänyt tietää,
olisi pitänyt tietää KUKA SINÄ OLET, The Grand Beckoning:

> On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 19:20:25 -0700 (PDT), Tom Enright
>>
>>Look, I am not one of those who believes that every story about
>>politics has to be perfectly "balanced," but when you have a campaign
>>accusing its opposition of cheating, this is something that requires
>>(a) supporting evidence, and (b) an opportunity for the opponent to
>>address the accusation. You can't just run out there in front of the
>>camera and repeat slander to a national TV audience of 4 million
>>viewers.

> Flashback to 2000, with all of the accusations of voter fraud and

> suppression in Florida, and not a single case ever demonstrated.

You are on crack. Here's one:
Between May 1999 and Election Day 2000, two Florida secretaries of state - Sandra Mortham and Katherine Harris, contracted with a new company (DBT Online Inc.), at an increase of $4.294 million to have the "scrub list"'s re-worked. Nearly 1% of Florida's electorate and nearly 3% of its African-American voters - 96,000 citizens were listed as felons and removed from the voting rolls. (For instance, many had names similar to actual felons, some listed "felonies" were dated years in the future, and some appar
ently were random.) In some cases, those on the scrub list were given several months to appeal, and many successfully reregistered and were allowed to vote. However, most were not told that they weren't allowed to vote until they were turned away at the polls. The company was directed not to use cross-checks or its sophisticated verification plan (used by the FBI).[12]

> So
> how did the come to make the accusations if they had nothing to base
> it on?

> Just like a frantic wife yelling at her husband, they scream out
> something shocking that they merely want to be true to make them
> appear to be victims of some grave injustice.

> Bush lied about WMDs! He played on our fears! It's all for oil! It's
> all for Haliburton! Bush cheated in Florida! Bush blew up the levies!
> Bush is the new Hitler! Bush is a war criminal! Bush is invading our
> privacy! Bush blew up the World Trade Centers!

> Liberalism is a mental disease.

I suspect you would find your privacy being invaded if a libral
were doing exactly the same things Bush is.

rich hammett

Aug 21, 2008, 11:02:03 AM8/21/08
Minun olisi pitänyt tietää, olisi pitänyt tietää,
olisi pitänyt tietää KUKA SINÄ OLET, xyzzy:

I haven't quite figured out why the wingnuts want to keep drawing
attention to the fact that McCain lied until he was caught.

But keep it up, guys! Truth in politics!

Damon Hynes

Aug 21, 2008, 11:11:46 AM8/21/08
On Aug 21, 2:39 am, Trevor Zion Bauknight <t...@moodchanginggood.net>
wrote:

> It's funny...Mitchell is one of theirs, and they throw her under the bus
> in a heartbeat.

You keep making this assertion, no doubt fuelled by the fact that Alan
is somewhat pro-business, and I've yet to see items such as her voter
registration, campaign contributions, etc.

Warren Buffett is 'pro-business', and yet he's no Republican or
conservative. Ditto Bill Gates. Ditto Larry Ellsion.

Trevor Zion Bauknight

Aug 21, 2008, 12:06:42 PM8/21/08
In article
<609985d2-ba04-4c16...@y21g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
Damon Hynes <damon...@gmail.com> wrote:

My opinion of Andrea Mitchell has nothing to do with Alan Greenspan.

It has to do with watching her performance on TV, carrying water for the
Republican Party.

--
Trev

Damon Hynes

Aug 21, 2008, 12:15:32 PM8/21/08
On Aug 21, 11:06 am, Trevor Zion Bauknight <t...@moodchanginggood.net>
wrote:

> My opinion of Andrea Mitchell has nothing to do with Alan Greenspan.

> It has to do with watching her performance on TV, carrying water for the
> Republican Party.

What color is the sky on your planet? There have been two examples of
her snarkiness toward McCain within the past two weeks and you insist
she's in the GOP's amen corner?

Chris Bellomy

Aug 21, 2008, 12:46:07 PM8/21/08
Damon Hynes wrote, On 8/21/08 11:15 AM:

He probably snubbed her at some DC cocktail party.

cb

rich hammett

Aug 21, 2008, 12:58:07 PM8/21/08
Minun olisi pitänyt tietää, olisi pitänyt tietää,
olisi pitänyt tietää KUKA SINÄ OLET, Damon Hynes:

I've heard PLENTY of hate for McCain from the GOP's amen corner
lately. Corsi, Farah, even the wingnuts like that have been
all over McCain.

Damon Hynes

Aug 21, 2008, 1:00:29 PM8/21/08
On Aug 21, 11:58 am, rich hammett <bubbaric...@warmmail.com> wrote:
> Minun olisi pit nyt tiet , olisi pit nyt tiet ,
> olisi pit nyt tiet KUKA SIN OLET, Damon Hynes:

> > On Aug 21, 11:06 am, Trevor Zion Bauknight <t...@moodchanginggood.net>
> > wrote:
> >> My opinion of Andrea Mitchell has nothing to do with Alan Greenspan.
>
> >> It has to do with watching her performance on TV, carrying water for the
> >> Republican Party.
> > What color is the sky on your planet?  There have been two examples of
> > her snarkiness toward McCain within the past two weeks and you insist
> > she's in the GOP's amen corner?
>
> I've heard PLENTY of hate for McCain from the GOP's amen corner
> lately.  Corsi, Farah, even the wingnuts like that have been
> all over McCain.
>
> rich

That may be, but how does Trevomatic figure that Andrea is doing
McCain a favor?

rich hammett

Aug 21, 2008, 2:12:58 PM8/21/08
Minun olisi pitänyt tietää, olisi pitänyt tietää,
olisi pitänyt tietää KUKA SINÄ OLET, Damon Hynes:

> On Aug 21, 11:58 am, rich hammett <bubbaric...@warmmail.com> wrote:
>> Minun olisi pit nyt tiet , olisi pit nyt tiet ,
>> olisi pit nyt tiet KUKA SIN OLET, Damon Hynes:

>> > What color is the sky on your planet?  There have been two examples of
>> > her snarkiness toward McCain within the past two weeks and you insist
>> > she's in the GOP's amen corner?
>>
>> I've heard PLENTY of hate for McCain from the GOP's amen corner
>> lately.  Corsi, Farah, even the wingnuts like that have been
>> all over McCain.

> That may be, but how does Trevomatic figure that Andrea is doing
> McCain a favor?

Of all the issues here, that one seems the most obvious. Maybe
you asked the wrong question.

Dan Bretta

Aug 21, 2008, 2:25:50 PM8/21/08
wrote:
> In article <cpOdnb2XJ-h4RjHVnZ2dnUVZ_rHin...@supernews.com>,
Have you seen how quickly they threw Toby Keith under the bus?...then
they backed it up and ran over him again.

Dan

Trevor Zion Bauknight

Aug 21, 2008, 5:04:11 PM8/21/08
In article
<36df4634-eebb-4660...@m73g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,
Damon Hynes <damon...@gmail.com> wrote:

Two examples of "snarkiness" in response to out-and-out lies by McCain?
That's supposed to prove something?

--
Trev

Trevor Zion Bauknight

Aug 21, 2008, 5:04:54 PM8/21/08
In article
<c2e89e85-7a64-45d0...@y38g2000hsy.googlegroups.com>,
Damon Hynes <damon...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Aug 21, 11:58 am, rich hammett <bubbaric...@warmmail.com> wrote:
> > Minun olisi pit nyt tiet , olisi pit nyt tiet ,
> > olisi pit nyt tiet KUKA SIN OLET, Damon Hynes:

> > > What color is the sky on your planet?  There have been two examples of
> > > her snarkiness toward McCain within the past two weeks and you insist
> > > she's in the GOP's amen corner?
> >
> > I've heard PLENTY of hate for McCain from the GOP's amen corner
> > lately.  Corsi, Farah, even the wingnuts like that have been
> > all over McCain.
>

> That may be, but how does Trevomatic figure that Andrea is doing
> McCain a favor?

"Clearly, the surge has worked."

That's journalism?

--
Trev

Trevor Zion Bauknight

Aug 21, 2008, 5:06:03 PM8/21/08
In article
<df1fc794-6035-4b88...@k30g2000hse.googlegroups.com>,
Dan Bretta <nud...@yahoo.com> wrote:

I think he was on Hannity a week or two ago, a "Great American"(TM), and
now he's, what, in league with the devil?

--
Trev

The Grand Beckoning

Aug 21, 2008, 6:07:04 PM8/21/08
On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 10:00:14 -0500, rich hammett
<bubba...@warmmail.com> wrote:
>Minun olisi pitänyt tietää, olisi pitänyt tietää,
>olisi pitänyt tietää KUKA SINÄ OLET, The Grand Beckoning:
>> On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 19:20:25 -0700 (PDT), Tom Enright
>>>
>>>Look, I am not one of those who believes that every story about
>>>politics has to be perfectly "balanced," but when you have a campaign
>>>accusing its opposition of cheating, this is something that requires
>>>(a) supporting evidence, and (b) an opportunity for the opponent to
>>>address the accusation. You can't just run out there in front of the
>>>camera and repeat slander to a national TV audience of 4 million
>>>viewers.
>
>> Flashback to 2000, with all of the accusations of voter fraud and
>> suppression in Florida, and not a single case ever demonstrated.
>
>You are on crack. Here's one:
>Between May 1999 and Election Day 2000, two Florida secretaries of state - Sandra Mortham and Katherine Harris, contracted with a new company (DBT Online Inc.), at an increase of $4.294 million to have the "scrub list"'s re-worked. Nearly 1% of Florida's electorate and nearly 3% of its African-American voters - 96,000 citizens were listed as felons and removed from the voting rolls. (For instance, many had names similar to actual felons, some listed "felonies" were dated years in the future, and some appar
>ently were random.) In some cases, those on the scrub list were given several months to appeal, and many successfully reregistered and were allowed to vote. However, most were not told that they weren't allowed to vote until they were turned away at the polls. The company was directed not to use cross-checks or its sophisticated verification plan (used by the FBI).[12]

What a joke. This was not fraud or suppression.

Look at the sources (from Wikipedia, you obvously didn't want to
provide the cite). You've even got a guy on the list named "Hussein",
ahaha. I wonder if he reads "Creative Loafing" too.

Liberalism really is a mental disease.

Major sources

* U.S. Federal Government, U.S. Commission on Civil Rights
* Greg Palast
* The Nation, Lantigua
* WFC, Palast
* List of sources
* The Best Democracy Money Can Buy

Minor sources

* 1997 statement by Palm Beach election supervisor, re:HR 1428
* Institute for Public Accuracy, Sam Husseini
* Iguana, Cupples
* Wisconsin State Legislature
* ZMag, Schechter
* Harper's Magazine, Palast
* The Miami Herald, account required
* The Salon, Palast
* The Salon, York
* The Guardian, Burkeman & Tuckman
* The Nation, Palast
* Creative Loafing, Wall

Damon Hynes

Aug 21, 2008, 9:15:40 PM8/21/08
On Aug 21, 4:04 pm, Trevor Zion Bauknight <t...@moodchanginggood.net>
wrote:

> > > My opinion of Andrea Mitchell has nothing to do with Alan Greenspan.
>
> > > It has to do with watching her performance on TV, carrying water for the
> > > Republican Party.
>
> > What color is the sky on your planet?  There have been two examples of
> > her snarkiness toward McCain within the past two weeks and you insist
> > she's in the GOP's amen corner?
>
> Two examples of "snarkiness" in response to out-and-out lies by McCain?
> That's supposed to prove something?

What lie? Andrea made her screech about Germany out of whole cloth.

alic...@yahoo.com

Aug 21, 2008, 10:58:32 PM8/21/08
On Aug 21, 3:39 am, Trevor Zion Bauknight <t...@moodchanginggood.net>
wrote:

> It's funny...Mitchell is one of theirs, and they throw her under the bus
> in a heartbeat.

Mitchell is, and always has been a liberal news personality. That's
fine by me, the vast majority of them are, I just like everyone to
know about such bias.

-Tom Enright

> --
> Trev

alic...@yahoo.com

Aug 21, 2008, 11:15:40 PM8/21/08
On Aug 21, 11:00 am, rich hammett <bubbaric...@warmmail.com> wrote:
> Minun olisi pitänyt tietää, olisi pitänyt tietää,
> olisi pitänyt tietää KUKA SINÄ OLET, The Grand Beckoning:
>
> > On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 19:20:25 -0700 (PDT), Tom Enright
>
> >>Look, I am not one of those who believes that every story about
> >>politics has to be perfectly "balanced," but when you have a campaign
> >>accusing its opposition of cheating, this is something that requires
> >>(a) supporting evidence, and (b) an opportunity for the opponent to
> >>address the accusation. You can't just run out there in front of the
> >>camera and repeat slander to a national TV audience of 4 million
> >>viewers.
> > Flashback to 2000, with all of the accusations of voter fraud and
> > suppression in Florida, and not a single case ever demonstrated.

You are on crack. Here's one:
Between May 1999 and Election Day 2000, two Florida secretaries of
state - Sandra Mortham and Katherine Harris, contracted with a new
company (DBT Online Inc.), at an increase of $4.294 million to have
the "scrub list"'s re-worked. Nearly 1% of Florida's electorate and
nearly 3% of its African-American voters - 96,000 citizens were listed
as felons and removed from the voting rolls. (For instance, many had
names similar to actual felons, some listed "felonies" were dated
years in the future, and some appar
> ently were random.) In some cases, those on the scrub list were given several months to appeal, and many successfully reregistered and were allowed to vote. However, most were not told that they weren't allowed to vote until they were turned away at the polls. The company was directed not to use cross-checks or its sophisticated verification plan (used by the FBI).[12]

<snip>

How ironic. Maybe if so many potential Democratic voters weren't
felons ON CRACK, you wouldn't be whining about it so much. There was
never a single case of voter suppression in Florida in 2000. ZERO.
Despite the fact that the Democratically led Civil Rights Commission
so dearly wanted to find one. Frankly, the alleged culprit was the
DNC-designed butterfly ballot but because you can't blame that on the
GOP that gets ignored.

You can point to screw-ups, miscounts etc. that occur in every
election and in Florida the GOP lost plenty of votes on that basis as
well. Not to mention that the largest error was when the networks
called Florida for Gore one hour before the polls closed in the
heavily GOP Panhandle.

-Tom Enright

The Grand Beckoning

Aug 22, 2008, 12:03:43 AM8/22/08

I remember right after the election Jesse Jackson with the bullhorn
insisting blacks were turned away and denied, and when the hearings
started he was nowhere to be found and not one proveable case came out
of it.

Trevor Zion Bauknight

Aug 22, 2008, 1:29:06 AM8/22/08
In article
<2ab79f47-26d1-42c9...@d77g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,
Damon Hynes <damon...@gmail.com> wrote:

The one thing I remember her saying about McCain was that one of his ads
was "literally not true"...the ad about Obama not visiting the soldiers
on his trip.

--
Trev

rich hammett

Aug 22, 2008, 9:01:41 AM8/22/08
Minun olisi pitänyt tietää, olisi pitänyt tietää,
olisi pitänyt tietää KUKA SINÄ OLET, alic...@yahoo.com:

Who's not a "liberal news personality" on the network news?