TCU: Chickenous Sluts

dam

Feb 10, 2011, 10:38:30 AM2/10/11
"Wisconsin coach Bret Bielema said on a Madison, Wis., sports radio
station Wednesday that he was approached about playing host to TCU on
Sept. 3.
"I was contacted probably a week, maybe a week and a half after the
bowl game about the opportunity to play TCU in our opener," Bielema
said on the show. "It was something that was going to be broadcast and
made a big deal. It took me all of about point-five seconds to say,
'Yes.' "

"TCU athletic director Chris Del Conte on Wednesday confirmed that a
third party approached him about playing the Sept. 3 season opener at
Wisconsin's Camp Randall Stadium. Del Conte also confirmed that he
declined the offer.
However, he said his lack of interest in the game had little to do
with a lack of excitement at the prospect of playing the Badgers
again, but rather that the one-time meeting would not produce a return
game in Fort Worth."

Yea right. If you want to become a legit big dog, you have to go
anywhere and play anybody at anytime. Your history isn't impressive
enough to be demanding terms. Especially after this statement:

'Now, had Ohio State -- whose president, E. Gordon Gee, famously had
chided non-BCS conference teams such as TCU for playing schedules
littered with the "Little Sisters of the Poor" -- been the Big Ten
team seeking a late schedule change, Del Conte said he would have been
all ears.
"Oh yeah," he said, "of course."'

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/ncf/news/story?id=6106632

dam

-----
If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for
reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed. - Albert Einstein

JGibson

Feb 10, 2011, 11:20:23 AM2/10/11
On Feb 10, 10:38 am, dam <dave.mel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "Wisconsin coach Bret Bielema said on a Madison, Wis., sports radio
> station Wednesday that he was approached about playing host to TCU on
> Sept. 3.
> "I was contacted probably a week, maybe a week and a half after the
> bowl game about the opportunity to play TCU in our opener," Bielema
> said on the show. "It was something that was going to be broadcast and
> made a big deal. It took me all of about point-five seconds to say,
> 'Yes.' "
>
> "TCU athletic director Chris Del Conte on Wednesday confirmed that a
> third party approached him about playing the Sept. 3 season opener at
> Wisconsin's Camp Randall Stadium. Del Conte also confirmed that he
> declined the offer.
> However, he said his lack of interest in the game had little to do
> with a lack of excitement at the prospect of playing the Badgers
> again, but rather that the one-time meeting would not produce a return
> game in Fort Worth."

They didn't want to take a one-and-done at Wisconsin when they already
have a game in Texas, at Baylor, scheduled for the date? Surprise.
And Wisconsin apparently wants a one-and-done so they can get revenge
for their neutral field loss.

dam

Feb 10, 2011, 11:32:14 AM2/10/11

And your point is? Since they're playing two Texas teams that lost a
combined 13 games last season they're justified in turning down Wisco?
As I stated, TCU should be jumping at any opportunity to play a "name"
team in order to solidify their position. Obviously E. Gordon Bowtie's
comment resonates with a lot of people, if TCU doesn't like it. they
just blew off an opportunity to prove him wrong, thus strengthening
his position.

dam

-----
Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man wants to make a
million dollars, the best way would be to start a new religion. - L.
Ron Hubbard

Pauli G

Feb 10, 2011, 11:38:41 AM2/10/11
> Ron Hubbard- Hide quoted text -

I like TCUs stance: one-for-one series or Wisconsin can go pound
sand. TCU is in the Big East now, and you don't see programs like
WVU taking these lame one-game series.

The Undead Edward M. Kennedy

Feb 10, 2011, 11:40:58 AM2/10/11
"Pauli G" <rio...@hotmail.com> wrote

<I like TCUs stance: one-for-one series or Wisconsin can go pound
<sand. TCU is in the Big East now, and you don't see programs like
<WVU taking these lame one-game series.

Dam has an ax. See dam grind. Grind, grind, grind.

RIF.

--Tedward

J.C. Watts

Feb 10, 2011, 11:43:24 AM2/10/11

TCU didn't give Oregon State a return game for last year's game at
Jerry World so you can get off yer high horse.

Damon Hynes, Cyclone Ranger

Feb 10, 2011, 11:46:47 AM2/10/11
> WVU taking these lame one-game series.- Hide quoted text -

1. Who in the rsfck wants to travel to Madison?
2. Two games in nine months? Aks Pelini about that.

J.C. Watts

Feb 10, 2011, 11:49:45 AM2/10/11
On Feb 10, 10:46 am, "Damon Hynes, Cyclone Ranger"

In September? God's country.

Pauli G

Feb 10, 2011, 12:10:13 PM2/10/11
> Jerry World so you can get off yer high horse.- Hide quoted text -

yeah, well TCU wasn't a card-carrying member of a BCS conference last
year - this year they are on the way to that, so I say pound sand.

J.C. Watts

Feb 10, 2011, 12:15:18 PM2/10/11

You're lacking in the logic department - Oregon State is a BCS member
and didn't get a return game.

And frankly we are really stretching the edge of credibility by even
referring to the BE as BCS conference. In words? Yes. In spirit?
Nope.

Jon

Pauli G

Feb 10, 2011, 12:19:07 PM2/10/11

is there a Big East representative in the BCS bowl system? if yes,
then the Big East is a BCS conference. I don't understand why it's
so hard for you people to grasp this.

dam

Feb 10, 2011, 12:19:17 PM2/10/11

If you want to talk the talk, you'd better be able to walk the walk.
Turning down an opportunity to walk the walk isn't going to win them
more fans. Neither will beating BE teams. Ducking a game in Madison
and then whining that no one will give them a game is pretty
transparent.

dam

-----
I believe it is, as it always has been, easier to kill two infidels
than to answer one. - Robert Ingersoll

dam

Feb 10, 2011, 12:20:51 PM2/10/11
On Feb 10, 11:40 am, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" <e...@o.com>
wrote:
> "Pauli G" <rior...@hotmail.com> wrote

You really ought to hang around this noosegroup more. This is the
first time I've ever criticized TCU like this. I was behind them last
season until I read this.

dam

-----
Do not pray in my school, and I will not think in your church. -
Unknown

Pauli G

Feb 10, 2011, 12:23:15 PM2/10/11
> than to answer one. - Robert Ingersoll- Hide quoted text -

I don't buy it.

J.C. Watts

Feb 10, 2011, 12:24:44 PM2/10/11

Do you know how people sometimes forget disasterous things that happen
to them, like car accidents?

It's like that with the BE and the BCS.

mianderson

Feb 10, 2011, 12:33:56 PM2/10/11

but we're also like ptsd pts in that once a year we suffer horrific
flashbacks, on or around january 1st.......courtesy of pittsburgh,
cincinatti, or uconn most recently.

Pauli G

Feb 10, 2011, 12:39:53 PM2/10/11

I don't buy it - Big East teams have beaten the ACC, SEC and Big12
champs.

J.C. Watts

Feb 10, 2011, 12:46:05 PM2/10/11
> I don't buy it

Current Deadspin headline:

"TCU Turns Down Wisconsin Game; To Continue Playing Little Sisters Of
The Poor"

That is how it will be viewed. Especially with all of their squawking
after Gee's comments.

Jon

mianderson

Feb 10, 2011, 12:46:20 PM2/10/11

in what....13 or so years of the bcs now???? (and the acc champ was a
dreadful wake forest team)

Pauli G

Feb 10, 2011, 12:48:06 PM2/10/11

well my fine-feathered friend, there's been more than 3 victories in
that time period.

mianderson

Feb 10, 2011, 12:51:53 PM2/10/11

not by current bigeast teams

Pauli G

Feb 10, 2011, 12:54:20 PM2/10/11

a guy could get whiplash with all these shifting goalposts.

The Undead Edward M. Kennedy

Feb 10, 2011, 1:13:05 PM2/10/11
"dam" <dave....@gmail.com> wrote

<You really ought to hang around this noosegroup more. This is the
<first time I've ever criticized TCU like this. I was behind them last
<season until I read this.

Which is a stupid thing to grind an ax over. Cancelling a game with
Baylor for a one-and-done AT Wicsonsin? Big whoop they didn't
do it.

--Tedward

dam

Feb 10, 2011, 1:19:55 PM2/10/11
On Feb 10, 1:13 pm, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" <e...@o.com> wrote:
> "dam" <dave.mel...@gmail.com> wrote

You are right. It is a big whoop. Bypassing the opportunity to show
the college football world that your a legit team that can
consistently beat respected, quality teams is a huge mistake. And then
to whine that no one gives you any respect? Not cool at all.

dam

-----
It has served us well, this myth of Christ. - Pope Leo X

J.C. Watts

Feb 10, 2011, 1:22:52 PM2/10/11
On Feb 10, 12:19 pm, dam <dave.mel...@gmail.com> wrote:

And the fact that they didn't give Oregon State a return game for
their visit last year ads a level of hypocrisy to the whole thing.

The Undead Edward M. Kennedy

Feb 10, 2011, 1:27:40 PM2/10/11
"J.C. Watts" <jen...@charter.net> wrote

You know all the details of that how?

--Tedward

JGibson

Feb 10, 2011, 1:31:39 PM2/10/11

If they didn't already have a contract, it would be one thing. But it
would involve breaking a second contract and probably a hefty sum of
money. Additionally, the other game is actually in their recruiting
zone.

J.C. Watts

Feb 10, 2011, 1:44:31 PM2/10/11
On Feb 10, 12:27 pm, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" <e...@o.com>
wrote:
> "J.C. Watts" <jens...@charter.net> wrote

The fact that TCU doesn't have "at Oregon State" on their future
schedules.

Carl Banks

Feb 10, 2011, 2:10:30 PM2/10/11
On Feb 10, 7:38 am, dam <dave.mel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yea right. If you want to become a legit big dog, you have to go
> anywhere and play anybody at anytime. Your history isn't impressive
> enough to be demanding terms. Especially after this statement:

TCU is a big dog now, they're going to the Big East.

Carl Banks

The Undead Edward M. Kennedy

Feb 10, 2011, 2:41:16 PM2/10/11
"J.C. Watts" <jen...@charter.net> wrote

Oh, so your crystal ball has ruled out the possibility Oregon State's
schedule didn't have room the next year, or they weren't all that
interested for whatever reason? Or maybe OSU accepted knowing that
TCU's schedule was full the next year.

I'd hate to be a plaintiff in a legal system designed by you.

--Tedward

J.C. Watts

Feb 10, 2011, 2:47:59 PM2/10/11
On Feb 10, 1:41 pm, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" <e...@o.com> wrote:
> "J.C. Watts" <jens...@charter.net> wrote

Oregon State has open dates on future schedules.

The Undead Edward M. Kennedy

Feb 10, 2011, 2:50:31 PM2/10/11
"J.C. Watts" <jen...@charter.net> wrote

Read: I have absolutely no proof that TCU chickened out of
a rematch to OSU.

--Tedward

TimV

Feb 10, 2011, 2:51:38 PM2/10/11

OSU never asked for one. Given that the Rodgers brothers are from Dallas, I
imagine they saw this as a chance for a combined homecoming/national
televised game/future recruiting exposure deal. A game in Madison gives TCU
nothing of value. A home and away would be a big benefit.

Antonio Veranos

Feb 10, 2011, 3:13:29 PM2/10/11
[dam <dave....@gmail.com>]
[Thu, 10 Feb 2011 08:32:14 -0800 (PST)]

: > They didn't want to take a one-and-done at Wisconsin when they already
: > have a game in Texas, at Baylor, scheduled for the date? ï¿œSurprise.

:
: And your point is? Since they're playing two Texas teams that lost a
: combined 13 games last season they're justified in turning down Wisco?
: As I stated, TCU should be jumping at any opportunity to play a "name"
: team in order to solidify their position.

They should tear up a contract for the purpose? Get real.

--
Antonio Veranos

Pauli G

Feb 10, 2011, 3:17:41 PM2/10/11

thank you Carl. Yes, the Big East is not great, possibly not even
good, but it's the big leauges.

mianderson

Feb 10, 2011, 4:17:57 PM2/10/11

ummmm, I think he was being sarcastic.

Pauli G

Feb 10, 2011, 4:21:18 PM2/10/11

no, I don't think he was, I think he was serious. You're getting
therapist vibes the other way though?

Jaybyrd

Feb 10, 2011, 4:22:19 PM2/10/11
On Feb 10, 2:10 pm, Carl Banks <pavlovevide...@gmail.com> wrote:

and sometimes for tricky wabbits

Jaybyrd

Feb 10, 2011, 4:23:22 PM2/10/11

does it burn you up that TCU cements the Big East to the BCS bowls?
You must admit it was brilliant for both TCU and the Big East.

mianderson

Feb 10, 2011, 4:27:59 PM2/10/11

I'm getting "he's insulted the bigeast in the past so this is likely a
continuation of that" vibes.....

mianderson

Feb 10, 2011, 4:30:14 PM2/10/11

It annoys me that at least one(and often two when the bigeast and acc
teams dont meet) bcs bowl games are ruined year after year by their
presence.....sure.

The last two years Georgia Tech and Virginia tech have ruined their
bcs bowls. Same for cincinatti and uconn. The year before that we
were fortunate enough where vatech and cincy matched up with each
other, so we only got one automatically crappy bcs bowl.

Jaybyrd

Feb 10, 2011, 4:32:10 PM2/10/11

too bad dood. Until there are playoofs you will have to suffa year
after year. So suck it up.

Pauli G

Feb 10, 2011, 4:34:38 PM2/10/11

Carl is one of the most sincere people I know.

mianderson

Feb 10, 2011, 4:38:03 PM2/10/11

you had similar problems with this yesterday as well iirc(something
about medical care in the ED). Me complaining or commenting on
something DOES NOT MEAN i think there is any chance that will reverse
the outcome or alter the future with respect to that arrangement in
any way.

Kyle T. Jones

Feb 10, 2011, 10:11:40 PM2/10/11
JGibson wrote:

> On Feb 10, 10:38 am, dam <dave.mel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> "Wisconsin coach Bret Bielema said on a Madison, Wis., sports radio
>> station Wednesday that he was approached about playing host to TCU on
>> Sept. 3.
>> "I was contacted probably a week, maybe a week and a half after the
>> bowl game about the opportunity to play TCU in our opener," Bielema
>> said on the show. "It was something that was going to be broadcast and
>> made a big deal. It took me all of about point-five seconds to say,
>> 'Yes.' "
>>
>> "TCU athletic director Chris Del Conte on Wednesday confirmed that a
>> third party approached him about playing the Sept. 3 season opener at
>> Wisconsin's Camp Randall Stadium. Del Conte also confirmed that he
>> declined the offer.
>> However, he said his lack of interest in the game had little to do
>> with a lack of excitement at the prospect of playing the Badgers
>> again, but rather that the one-time meeting would not produce a return
>> game in Fort Worth."
>
> They didn't want to take a one-and-done at Wisconsin when they already
> have a game in Texas, at Baylor, scheduled for the date? Surprise.

> And Wisconsin apparently wants a one-and-done so they can get revenge
> for their neutral field loss.

What's your point, dewd? Historically, teams that were *really* intent
on "upping their game" (I think Miami is the classic example) have been
willing to go anywhere and play anyone to prove themselves.

Winning a single game was never enough. They had to compete on a
regular basis with good teams to earn respect.

TCU shouldn't expect or, really, receive some kinda equal footing here.
The thing that haunts them and their kind is a weak SOS - and, worse,
a weakly *perceived* strength of schedule. Wisconsin is gonna come out
as a preseason top 10, and will likely have a good year. If TCU really
wants to make a statement about playing in the BCS title game, and not
just whine about being excluded, taking this game is a no-brainer.

IMO.

Cheers.

Jaybyrd

Feb 10, 2011, 10:13:40 PM2/10/11

I don't have a problem. You have the problems. That's why you whine
about them.

Kyle T. Jones

Feb 10, 2011, 10:23:24 PM2/10/11
Pauli G wrote:
> On Feb 10, 11:32 am, dam <dave.mel...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> They didn't want to take a one-and-done at Wisconsin when they already
>>> have a game in Texas, at Baylor, scheduled for the date? Surprise.
>>> And Wisconsin apparently wants a one-and-done so they can get revenge
>>> for their neutral field loss.
>> And your point is? Since they're playing two Texas teams that lost a
>> combined 13 games last season they're justified in turning down Wisco?
>> As I stated, TCU should be jumping at any opportunity to play a "name"
>> team in order to solidify their position. Obviously E. Gordon Bowtie's
>> comment resonates with a lot of people, if TCU doesn't like it. they
>> just blew off an opportunity to prove him wrong, thus strengthening
>> his position.
>>
>> dam
>>
>> -----
>> Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man wants to make a
>> million dollars, the best way would be to start a new religion. - L.
>> Ron Hubbard- Hide quoted text -

> I like TCUs stance: one-for-one series or Wisconsin can go pound
> sand. TCU is in the Big East now, and you don't see programs like
> WVU taking these lame one-game series.

<cough>UCONN</cough>

No one even blinked an eye when undefeated Big East champ Cinci was
passed over for a BCS title shot just over a year ago.

Didn't bat a #@$%ing eye. Nobody. Hell, I might have been the only one
to start a short-lived RSFC thread about it.

Big East Champ. 12-0. Weren't even in the *discussion* for the BCS
title game.

Not even in the @$%^ing discussion.

Not, like, casual discussion. Not even in the mindless endless ESPN
"what-if" scenario-type discussions over the last few weeks of the
regular season.

It was just assumed, by EVERYBODY, that being the Big East Champ and
12-0 wasn't an impressive enough statement to be involved in the
conversation with other longshots like TCU or Boise.

Yeah, that's a strong stance TCU is taking.

Man, I'm not ripping on your conference. But you aren't gonna earn
respect by resting on some moral victory, some "stance" about equality.
Be @#$%ing hungry for it, dewd - and then go out and earn it by doing
*more* than the traditional powers have to do.

Cheers.

Seapig

Feb 10, 2011, 10:41:25 PM2/10/11
On Feb 10, 7:11 pm, "Kyle T. Jones"

How much whining did they do about being excluded? I heard a lot of
questions from the media after the Rose Bowl designed to give them a
forum to whine away, and none of them took the bait.

Antonio Veranos

Feb 11, 2011, 6:36:24 AM2/11/11
[Seapig <sea...@altavista.com>]
[Thu, 10 Feb 2011 19:41:25 -0800 (PST)]

: > TCU shouldn't expect or, really, receive some kinda equal footing here.

: >   The thing that haunts them and their kind is a weak SOS - and, worse,
: > a weakly *perceived* strength of schedule.  Wisconsin is gonna come out
: > as a preseason top 10, and will likely have a good year.  If TCU really
: > wants to make a statement about playing in the BCS title game, and not
: > just whine about being excluded, taking this game is a no-brainer.
:
: How much whining did they do about being excluded? I heard a lot of
: questions from the media after the Rose Bowl designed to give them a
: forum to whine away, and none of them took the bait.

Great point.

--
Antonio Veranos

JGibson

Feb 11, 2011, 7:09:08 AM2/11/11

I suspect that access to the BCS games is more important than access
to the national title game. And now they have it. Although not next
years as they'll still be MWC. What surprises me is the number of
people that suggest that TCU should have no problem just ripping up
the Baylor contract in a game they should be obligated to return after
hosting Baylor last year.

dam

Feb 11, 2011, 7:15:41 AM2/11/11

Didn't you hear about the 20 billboards in C-Bus that they put up?
That's pretty major whining.

dam

-----
If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn’t help the poor,
either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are or
we’ve got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and
serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don’t
want to do it. - Stephen Colbert

Seapig

Feb 11, 2011, 12:35:13 PM2/11/11

I don't know who paid for those, but they weren't whining, they were
slapping down tOSU's president for his whining. If TCU wanted to
whine, they would have put the billboards up in Alabama.

Antonio Veranos

Feb 11, 2011, 12:55:51 PM2/11/11
[Seapig <sea...@altavista.com>]
[Fri, 11 Feb 2011 09:35:13 -0800 (PST)]

: > Didn't you hear about the 20 billboards in C-Bus that they put up?

: > That's pretty major whining.
: >
: > dam
:
: I don't know who paid for those, but they weren't whining, they were
: slapping down tOSU's president for his whining.

Exactly. I'm getting more than a little tired of the intellectually dishonest
among us constantly referring to commentary they don't like as "whining".

--
Antonio Veranos

xyzzy

Feb 11, 2011, 12:58:40 PM2/11/11
On Feb 11, 12:55 pm, Antonio Veranos <summerstorm0...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

I'm tired of your whining about people calling commentary they don't
like whining.

The Undead Edward M. Kennedy

Feb 11, 2011, 1:37:47 PM2/11/11
"xyzzy" <xyzzy...@gmail.com> wrote

<

<I'm tired of your whining about people calling commentary they don't
<like whining.

Whining about people who whine about whiners? Despicable!

--Tedward

Kyle T. Jones

Feb 12, 2011, 2:09:58 AM2/12/11

You're focusing way too much on the word "whine". Change it to
complain, protest, whatever floats your boat.

The point is that you can bet your ass that TCU thinks they deserved a
shot, either last year or this. Yet they're passing on a great
opportunity to press that point to play a @#$%ing snoozer against Baylor.

When you're in the "program on the rise" mode, you need to do more to
state your case. That's just the facts of life. It's been done before
- doormat teams rising up and becoming Serious Programs for sustained
periods of time.

That was my point. I just think they need to be in a "we take any and
all challengers" frame of mind right now. If I suggested that TCU folk
had behaved in an unseemly fashion, I misspoke.

Cheers.

Uhh, ok, wait a second, one thing I overlooked. Obviously, playing in
the Rose is a better opportunity - a bigger deal - than playing in the
BCSCG. Just a touch. It's close, but let's not kid ourselves. So,
prolly they weren't whining too much this year.

Last year when they had to play undefeated Boise? Unseemly. Extremely
unseemly.

Kyle T. Jones

Feb 12, 2011, 2:14:43 AM2/12/11

Quit yer @#$%ing whining!

Cheers.

Seapig

Feb 12, 2011, 4:46:28 AM2/12/11
On Feb 11, 11:09 pm, "Kyle T. Jones"
<onexpadREM...@EVOMERyahoodotyouknow.com> wrote:
> Seapig wrote:

> > How much whining did they do about being excluded?  I heard a lot of
> > questions from the media after the Rose Bowl designed to give them a
> > forum to whine away, and none of them took the bait.
>
> You're focusing way too much on the word "whine".  Change it to
> complain, protest, whatever floats your boat.
>
> The point is that you can bet your ass that TCU thinks they deserved a
> shot, either last year or this.  Yet they're passing on a great
> opportunity to press that point to play a @#$%ing snoozer against Baylor.

As long as they don't express that thought, they're not whining, or
complaining, or protesting. And, as long as they don't express that
thought, I don't know that they're thinking it. Maybe they understand
that Auburn and Oregon played tougher schedules than they did, and
that adding one tough OOC foe wouldn't have changed that - it would
have just jeopardized their chances of getting into any BCS game. Not
playing that game might be chickenous, but it's the way the scheduling
game is played in the world of the BCS. The likes of Auburn and
Oregon are playing the same game when they schedule FCS schools.

> When you're in the "program on the rise" mode, you need to do more to
> state your case.  That's just the facts of life.  It's been done before
> - doormat teams rising up and becoming Serious Programs for sustained
> periods of time.

You have your way of doing it, they have theirs. Their way is to jump
conferences every few years. Give them time, eventually they'll be in
the Big Ten.

JGibson

Feb 12, 2011, 8:02:19 AM2/12/11
On Feb 12, 2:09 am, "Kyle T. Jones"

A game they are obligated to play because they signed a contract for a
return game. They already had the home game last year. If they buy
their way out of the return game, how many cries of chickenous and
liar are they going to get?

Kyle T. Jones

Feb 12, 2011, 10:34:05 AM2/12/11

If they pass on that game to play @Wisconsin, only a pinhead would cry
"chickenous".

As for liars, they can join the club - breaking contracts is just part
of doing business in today's NCAA football. I'm not saying that's right
- just a fact of life (like paying players, apparently).

Cheers.

dam

Feb 12, 2011, 12:40:14 PM2/12/11

Please visit alt.lost.focus.subject

They might be able to help you out. The point you keep evading is that
TCU had the opportunity to "show the world" presented to them on a
platter and they refused the opportunity. Now they'll continue to
whine that they get no respect, but now it's of their own doing
because they refused the challenge.

HTH HAND

dam

-----
Faith means not wanting to know what is true. - Friedrich Nietzsche

dam

Feb 12, 2011, 12:44:00 PM2/12/11

So they couldn't postpone it a year or two for a chance to play on
huge stage, proving all the critics wrong and winning a new legion of
fans all in one fell swoop? You're right, probably not worth trying.

dam

-----
It is not as in the Bible, that God created man in his own image. But,
on the contrary, man created God in his own image. - Ludwig Feuerbach

deem...@aol.com

Feb 12, 2011, 12:45:19 PM2/12/11
On Feb 10, 11:38 am, Pauli G <rior...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 10, 11:32 am, dam <dave.mel...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > They didn't want to take a one-and-done at Wisconsin when they already
> > > have a game in Texas, at Baylor, scheduled for the date?  Surprise.
> > > And Wisconsin apparently wants a one-and-done so they can get revenge
> > > for their neutral field loss.
>
> > And your point is? Since they're playing two Texas teams that lost a
> > combined 13 games last season they're justified in turning down Wisco?
> > As I stated, TCU should be jumping at any opportunity to play a "name"
> > team in order to solidify their position. Obviously E. Gordon Bowtie's
> > comment resonates with a lot of people, if TCU doesn't like it. they
> > just blew off an opportunity to prove him wrong, thus strengthening
> > his position.
>
> > dam
>
> > -----
> > Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man wants to make a
> > million dollars, the best way would be to start a new religion. - L.
> > Ron Hubbard- Hide quoted text -

> I like TCUs stance:  one-for-one series or Wisconsin can go pound
> sand.   TCU is in the Big East now, and you don't see programs like
> WVU taking these lame one-game series.-

Cincy@ Tennessee says "hi".

Antonio Veranos

Feb 12, 2011, 2:16:53 PM2/12/11
[dam <dave....@gmail.com>]
[Sat, 12 Feb 2011 09:40:14 -0800 (PST)]

: > I don't know who paid for those, but they weren't whining, they were

: > slapping down tOSU's president for his whining.  If TCU wanted to
: > whine, they would have put the billboards up in Alabama.
:
: Please visit alt.lost.focus.subject
:
: They might be able to help you out. The point you keep evading is that
: TCU had the opportunity to "show the world" presented to them on a
: platter and they refused the opportunity. Now they'll continue to
: whine that they get no respect, but now it's of their own doing
: because they refused the challenge.
:
: HTH HAND

You're advocating tearing up a contract to try to prove some sort of silly
point like a kid in a fight at recess. Get outta here with that garbage.

--
Antonio Veranos

MoParMan

Feb 12, 2011, 3:23:30 PM2/12/11
"dam" wrote in message

[...]

No you don't. Home and away is the only way to do it. Wisconsin sucks for
even suggesting otherwise.

BTW, who was number 2?

-- ---Scott From Hawkins Texas---

If Government Is Big Enough To Give You Everything You Want,
Then It Is Big Enough To Take Everything You Have!!

Damon Hynes, Cyclone Ranger

Feb 12, 2011, 3:57:25 PM2/12/11
On Feb 12, 11:40 am, dam <dave.mel...@gmail.com> wrote:

> They might be able to help you out. The point you keep evading is that
> TCU had the opportunity to "show the world" presented to them on a
> platter and they refused the opportunity. Now they'll continue to
> whine that they get no respect, but now it's of their own doing
> because they refused the challenge.

Aw, man. I don't think that TCU is gonna bite on that bait, because
there will plenty of more equitable opportunities. They beat Wiskey
already.

Now if Aubrin came up and said that they have an open date at Jordan-
Hare and you can forget abut us coming to Fort Worth, if I were TCU
I'd take it. If Wiskey had said home-and-home, I'd have taken it.

Seapig

Feb 12, 2011, 4:21:02 PM2/12/11

I'm not evading the first point, I acknowledge it. I take exception
to the second part of your statement. They have to start whining
before they can "continue to whine."

StephenJ

Feb 12, 2011, 5:30:34 PM2/12/11
On Feb 12, 1:09 am, "Kyle T. Jones"

Yes, hard to conclude otherwise. TCU blew an opportunity and it will
look bad for them if they are unbeaten late next seasons and trying to
get into the title-game conversation.

StephenJ

Feb 12, 2011, 5:35:57 PM2/12/11
On Feb 12, 3:46 am, Seapig <sea...@altavista.com> wrote:
> On Feb 11, 11:09 pm, "Kyle T. Jones"
>
> <onexpadREM...@EVOMERyahoodotyouknow.com> wrote:
> > Seapig wrote:
> > > How much whining did they do about being excluded?  I heard a lot of
> > > questions from the media after the Rose Bowl designed to give them a
> > > forum to whine away, and none of them took the bait.
>
> > You're focusing way too much on the word "whine".  Change it to
> > complain, protest, whatever floats your boat.
>
> > The point is that you can bet your ass that TCU thinks they deserved a
> > shot, either last year or this.  Yet they're passing on a great
> > opportunity to press that point to play a @#$%ing snoozer against Baylor.
>
> As long as they don't express that thought, they're not whining, or
> complaining, or protesting.  And, as long as they don't express that
> thought, I don't know that they're thinking it.

They -the coach and AD- expressed a few thoughts, but were not
whiners almost to a fault. What they said boiled down to "sure, we
would have liked to have played Auburn or Oregon, who wouldn't? But
this is the system we agreed to and it put us in the Rose bowl, and
we're proud to be Rose bowl champs".

That's about it.

dam

Feb 12, 2011, 9:16:52 PM2/12/11

And that's "whining", no matter how polite it's put. Not mentioning
the fact that they would have liked the opportunity would be "not
whining".

dam

-----
The most infallible mark of ignorance is superstition. - King
Stanislaus

Antonio Veranos

Feb 12, 2011, 9:29:02 PM2/12/11
[dam <dave....@gmail.com>]
[Sat, 12 Feb 2011 18:16:52 -0800 (PST)]

: > They -the coach and AD-  expressed a few thoughts, but were not

: > whiners almost to a fault. What they said boiled down to "sure, we
: > would have liked to have played Auburn or Oregon, who wouldn't? But
: > this is the system we agreed to and it put us in the Rose bowl, and
: > we're proud to be Rose bowl champs".
: >
: > That's about it.
:
: And that's "whining", no matter how polite it's put.

No, it's not. It's not even in the same neighborhood as whining.

--
Antonio Veranos

Jaybyrd

Feb 13, 2011, 8:07:49 AM2/13/11
On Feb 10, 12:33 pm, mianderson <clay...@excite.com> wrote:
> On Feb 10, 11:24 am, "J.C. Watts" <jens...@charter.net> wrote:

> > > is there a Big East representative in the BCS bowl system?   if yes,
> > > then the Big East is a BCS conference.   I don't understand why it's
> > > so hard for you people to grasp this.
>
> > Do you know how people sometimes forget disasterous things that happen
> > to them, like car accidents?
>
> > It's like that with the BE and the BCS.
>
> but we're also like ptsd pts in that once a year we suffer horrific
> flashbacks, on or around january 1st.......courtesy of pittsburgh,
> cincinatti, or uconn most recently.

and until we get a playoff system you're going to have to continue
your whine. Those that complain about this and don't support a
playoof deserve to suffa!

Jaybyrd

Feb 13, 2011, 8:11:47 AM2/13/11
On Feb 10, 12:46 pm, "J.C. Watts" <jens...@charter.net> wrote:
> On Feb 10, 11:23 am, Pauli G <rior...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Feb 10, 12:19 pm, dam <dave.mel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > If you want to talk the talk, you'd better be able to walk the walk.
> > > Turning down an opportunity to walk the walk isn't going to win them
> > > more fans. Neither will beating BE teams. Ducking a game in Madison
> > > and then whining that no one will give them a game is pretty
> > > transparent.
>
> > I don't buy it
>
> Current Deadspin headline:
>
> "TCU Turns Down Wisconsin Game; To Continue Playing Little Sisters Of
> The Poor"
>
> That is how it will be viewed.  Especially with all of their squawking
> after Gee's comments.

I presume all those viewers thought it was a travesty when tOSU was in
the BCS championship game in the 2007 season.

Jaybyrd

Feb 13, 2011, 8:12:40 AM2/13/11
On Feb 10, 4:30 pm, mianderson <clay...@excite.com> wrote:
> On Feb 10, 3:23 pm, Jaybyrd <jaybyrdb...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > ummmm, I think he was being sarcastic.
>
> > does it burn you up that TCU cements the Big East to the BCS bowls?
> > You must admit it was brilliant for both TCU and the Big East.
>
> It annoys me that at least one(and often two when the bigeast and acc
> teams dont meet) bcs bowl games are ruined year after year by their
> presence.....sure.
>
> The last two years Georgia Tech and Virginia tech have ruined their
> bcs bowls.  Same for cincinatti and uconn.  The year before that we
> were fortunate enough where vatech and cincy matched up with each
> other, so we only got one automatically crappy bcs bowl.

then push for playoofs or STFU

Tonawanda Kardex

Feb 13, 2011, 11:02:26 AM2/13/11
On Feb 10, 7:38 am, dam <dave.mel...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yea right. If you want to become a legit big dog, you have to go
> anywhere and play anybody at anytime. Your history isn't impressive
> enough to be demanding terms. Especially after this statement:

TCU has Heisman winners and MNCs, no? What does Wisconsin have?

Thought so.

dam

Feb 13, 2011, 2:18:52 PM2/13/11
On Feb 13, 11:02 am, Tonawanda Kardex <tonawandakar...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Wisco beat the #1 ranked team in the nation last season. Did TCU?

Thought so.

dam

-----
All the biblical miracles will at last disappear with the progress of
science. - Matthew Arnold