Slow play - How does your club combat it?

1 view

Jeff Duncanson

Nov 11, 2010, 12:05:41 PM11/11/10
It's a continual problem at our club, for both men and women .

We tried the pro-style clocks a few years back ,but if someone forgets
to punch the clock once, it is rendered useless.

The idea of the bell gets brought up once in a while, but there's a
lot of opposition to it, especially for competitive curling. When I
curled at the Leaside Club in Toronto a few years back, we rang the
bell at 25 minutes to, and teams could finish the end they were on,
plus one. It seemed to work OK there, but the idea gets shouted down
at my current club (Burlington CC)

Does anyone out there have any unique and effective solutions to the
problem?

Sandy

Nov 12, 2010, 3:37:28 AM11/12/10

Last one in the bar buys the drinks!

Lynn

Nov 13, 2010, 12:15:52 PM11/13/10

But doesn't that mean a bunch of angry, impatient, thirsty Curlers when
the last one shows up?

Sandy

Nov 13, 2010, 1:09:44 PM11/13/10

>> Last one in the bar buys the drinks!
>
> But doesn't that mean a bunch of angry, impatient, thirsty Curlers when
> the last one shows up?

Good point but it doesn't work that way - last ones know they are paying
- first ones are making sure they are paying plenty!