Bonspiel recommendations?

Lynn

Feb 9, 2011, 2:19:58 PM2/9/11
Hi All,

Since one of the Canadian discount air carriers is about to start
service out of my local airport (SNA) I'm thinking about trying to make
a Bonspiel in either Vancouver or Calgary in the fall.

I'm a novice curler, from a new club (Orange County Curling Club) of
mostly novices.

I'm thinking of fall since we'll likely keep Curling all Summer, and
maybe that'll keep us from getting totally killed. :-)

Thoughts? Recommendations??

-- Lynn

Rod's work news

Feb 10, 2011, 11:16:40 AM2/10/11
Destination Calgary would probably afford you more bonspiel options - but
truth be known, .... the fall of the year, in Canada, is few & far between
for bonspiels. The fall of the year is our start_up time. The late winter /
spring of the year is prime bonspiel season (as in right now). Just take a
flyer on a seat sale to Calgary in the next couple of months (for a weekend
or 3 days ... as that is the norm for bonspiels).

"Lynn" <andy....@buscom.net> wrote in message

Rod's work news

Feb 10, 2011, 11:22:05 AM2/10/11

Lynn

Feb 10, 2011, 5:21:45 PM2/10/11
Rod,

The predicted "high" this Saturday is about 24 degrees C (75 degrees F
for those countries that have not embraced rational units). We'll play
Saturday night.

So, that's why I was thinking "early season" 'spiels. I figure that if
I'm well-practiced, and the folks near Calgary are really rusty after
playing golf all summer, maybe it'd be a little more even.

Not worried about winning, I just want to play.

Thanks for the links.

-- Lynn