Froch v Kessler 2 - a classic!

Mr.Will Music

May 25, 2013, 7:43:28 PM5/25/13
For you USA guys, if you get chance, check it out!

Mr.Will

Wbs...@aol.com

May 25, 2013, 10:23:54 PM5/25/13
On May 25, 7:43 pm, "Mr.Will Music" <w...@mr-will-music.co.uk> wrote:
> For you USA guys, if you get chance, check it out!
>
> Mr.Will

It was a good fight. Froch can take a punch, lucky for him!

Mentalguy2k8

May 28, 2013, 6:26:56 AM5/28/13

"Mr.Will Music" <wi...@mr-will-music.co.uk> wrote in message

> For you USA guys, if you get chance, check it out!

And a good example of the kind of Brit fighter us Brit fans *don't* abuse.
Even if he'd lost.

5016

May 28, 2013, 12:39:59 PM5/28/13
On May 25, 7:43 pm, "Mr.Will Music" <w...@mr-will-music.co.uk> wrote:
> For you USA guys, if you get chance, check it out!
>
> Mr.Will

It was a good fight, as good as the last one. I think that Kessler
looks much more vulnerable than he did. He still had enough left to
operate at a world class level and make a good fight, but Froch has
his number now.

There's no need for a third fight to decide things. Kessler was better
than Froch 3 years ago when they first fought; Froch is better now. I
think that Kessler will get hurt badly if he takes a rubber match.

par...@rock.com

May 28, 2013, 2:59:24 PM5/28/13
On Tuesday, May 28, 2013 12:39:59 PM UTC-4, 5016 wrote:
> On May 25, 7:43 pm, "Mr.Will Music" <w...@mr-will-music.co.uk> wrote: > For you USA guys, if you get chance, check it out! > > Mr.Will It was a good fight, as good as the last one. I think that Kessler looks much more vulnerable than he did. He still had enough left to operate at a world class level and make a good fight, but Froch has his number now. There's no need for a third fight to decide things. Kessler was better than Froch 3 years ago when they first fought; Froch is better now. I think that Kessler will get hurt badly if he takes a rubber match.

5016 wrote:
<snip> There's no need for a third fight to decide things. <snip>

Agree. It's time for Froch to move on to a rematch with S.O.G. - who has apparently stated that he'd be willing to come to the U.K. for the fight. Has Froch raised his skills to a level that will allow him to beat Ward this time? Let's hope this match comes to fruition and we'll find out.

Mr.Will Music

May 29, 2013, 10:37:19 AM5/29/13

"5016" <huwg...@my-deja.com> wrote in message
-------------

I thought it was better than the first one - mainly because Froch upped his
workrate so there was more action. The previous one was decent, but Froch
basically got outworked in that one.
To be truthful I didn't think Froch would win this one - mainly because I've
seen all his fights, been ringside shooter for the press for alot of them,
and even the fights where he has won I've often thought there wasn;t enough
activity. When Kessler beat him, I just figured there was a style that
unlocked his, essentially be busier. I didn't think he would change this for
a rematch, but he proved me wrong there.

You're right too - the rubber match really won't prove anything - at least
not anything you haven't written about their respective career stages. It
might be a good money thing for them both with the whole "decider" being
very marketable, but as a fight, I'd like to see Froch take on Ward again. I
don't see him avenging his loss, but thats the whole point of the sport - to
find the best and test against them. His participation in the super six and
fights ever since have been a big credit to him and the sport. A far cry
from some of the more cynical matchups we've seen from our fighters in the
past.

Mr.Will

Emanuel Berg

May 30, 2013, 4:33:34 PM5/30/13
"Mr.Will Music" <wi...@mr-will-music.co.uk> writes:

> I thought it was better than the first one - mainly because Froch
> upped his workrate so there was more action. The previous one was
> decent, but Froch basically got outworked in that one. To be
> truthful I didn't think Froch would win this one - mainly because
> I've seen all his fights, been ringside shooter for the press for
> alot of them, and even the fights where he has won I've often
> thought there wasn;t enough activity. When Kessler beat him, I just
> figured there was a style that unlocked his, essentially be
> busier. I didn't think he would change this for a rematch, but he
> proved me wrong there.
>
> You're right too - the rubber match really won't prove anything -
> at least not anything you haven't written about their respective
> career stages. It might be a good money thing for them both with
> the whole "decider" being very marketable, but as a fight, I'd like
> to see Froch take on Ward again. I don't see him avenging his loss,
> but thats the whole point of the sport - to find the best and test
> against them. His participation in the super six and fights ever
> since have been a big credit to him and the sport. A far cry from
> some of the more cynical matchups we've seen from our fighters in
> the past.

When you see this fight, and then think that Ward by far out-toughed
and out-skilled both gentlemen, that's discouraging for anyone ever
thinking on taking on Ward.

--
Emanuel Berg - programmer (hire me! CV below)
computer projects: http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

Emanuel Berg

May 30, 2013, 4:37:34 PM5/30/13
"Mr.Will Music" <wi...@mr-will-music.co.uk> writes:

> I thought it was better than the first one - mainly because Froch
> upped his workrate so there was more action. The previous one was
> decent, but Froch basically got outworked in that one. To be
> truthful I didn't think Froch would win this one - mainly because
> I've seen all his fights, been ringside shooter for the press ...

By the way, if there are any - like - stories you could tell, from
that position, don't be shy :)

Mr.Will Music

May 31, 2013, 12:53:27 PM5/31/13

"Emanuel Berg" <embe...@student.uu.se> wrote in message
Yes, Ward is by far ahead, but then thats the nature of the sport - has
Froch earned a rematch?

Mr.Will

Tin Lunchbox

Jun 1, 2013, 4:02:16 PM6/1/13
On Tue, 28 May 2013 11:26:56 +0100, "Mentalguy2k8" <email clipped>
wrote:

>"Mr.Will Music" <email clipped> wrote in message

>> For you USA guys, if you get chance, check it out!

>And a good example of the kind of Brit fighter us Brit fans *don't* abuse.
>Even if he'd lost.

Didn't watch it but pored over the long photo report at the Daily
Mail. Though Kessler landed low once, it was clearly a great battle
between true sportsmen who fought like few others for twelve rounds
and hugged like brothers just after.

I can see why a countryman would heap praise on Mr. Froch while having
a bash at Mr. Fury.

That SOB Van Owen

Emanuel Berg

Jun 1, 2013, 4:53:52 PM6/1/13
"Mr.Will Music" <wi...@mr-will-music.co.uk> writes:

> Yes, Ward is by far ahead, but then thats the nature of the
> sport - has Froch earned a rematch?

Froch has for his part certainly earned it: creating ring drama,
performing (against Kessler but also blown-away Bute), as well as
taking punishment (if you include that in the equation of earning
fights). If the Ward fight happens, I think it'll be a very
interesting fight, although I still have Ward a huge favourite. Of
course, there might be a fighter who now aims at a Ward fight, and
have earned it as much or more than Froch. But Froch earned it
alright.

As for Ward fighting in the UK, Ward was on TV in connection with
the Khan fight (after Khan's loss to Garcia, when Khan stopped
some underskilled guy) - anyway, they asked Ward if he would go to
the UK to fight if he had to, and Ward replied that he, as the
champion, didn't have to do anything :)

But why wouldn't he go? Just take a look at the packed arena when
Froch fought Kessler.

Another note from that occasion (the Khan fight), I don't know
*how* many US fighters were on that show! Ward, Broner are those I
remember, I think Malignaggi, perhaps Judah, and many I have
forgot. I don't know if they are as fond of Khan as I, *or* if
they just thought it a thrill to be on British TV?

Emanuel Berg

Jun 2, 2013, 7:55:24 PM6/2/13
I Just re-read the Ring article prior to the second Froch-Kessler
fight, and, amazingly, Kessler was still disrespectful to Ward,
saying he wouldn't last a second in a "real fight" (whatever that
means), that Ward relies on holding, etc. (Froch is better in his
comments on Ward.)

(By the way - isn't that the whole point of boxing, that it *is* a
fight, but not a street fight, but a fight with rules and
respect?)

I remember Kessler loosing to Ward big, and after he whined and
blamed head butts and everything else. Now, loosing in
professional boxing isn't comparable to loosing in, say, ice
hockey. In hockey, you loose as a team. You hide behind all the
gear. Maybe you didn't even get to play the power play, you poor
little thing, so you can blame that. Also, you just lost a *game*
- you weren't beaten half to death, your manhood dragged in the
ashes. In hockey, you might have actually done a great game,
although the *team* lost. Basically, you go home, put in the
artificial teeth, kiss your wife, and in one or two days there is
a new game to focus on.

No such things in professional boxing. That's why I have some
understanding for the "bad looser" (still, not all fighters react
like that).

But - my understanding is limited to the moment *right after the
fight*. The Ring article conveyed Kessler's attitude long after he
should have realized he was beaten fair and square. Bad!

DCI

Jun 3, 2013, 1:35:05 AM6/3/13
Remember the story of Art Aragon's comment at one point in his match with Carmen Basilio? "Hey, get me outta here, the guy's trying to kill me."

DCI

mocci...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2013, 4:00:02 PM6/5/13
On Monday, June 3, 2013 1:35:05 AM UTC-4, DCI wrote:
> On Sunday, June 2, 2013 4:55:24 PM UTC-7, Emanuel Berg wrote: > I Just re-read the Ring article prior to the second Froch-Kessler > > fight, and, amazingly, Kessler was still disrespectful to Ward, > > saying he wouldn't last a second in a "real fight" (whatever that > > means), that Ward relies on holding, etc. (Froch is better in his > > comments on Ward.) > > > > (By the way - isn't that the whole point of boxing, that it *is* a > > fight, but not a street fight, but a fight with rules and > > respect?) > > > > I remember Kessler loosing to Ward big, and after he whined and > > blamed head butts and everything else. Now, loosing in > > professional boxing isn't comparable to loosing in, say, ice > > hockey. In hockey, you loose as a team. You hide behind all the > > gear. Maybe you didn't even get to play the power play, you poor > > little thing, so you can blame that. Also, you just lost a *game* > > - you weren't beaten half to death, your manhood dragged in the > > ashes. In hockey, you might have actually done a great game, > > although the *team* lost. Basically, you go home, put in the > > artificial teeth, kiss your wife, and in one or two days there is > > a new game to focus on. > > > > No such things in professional boxing. That's why I have some > > understanding for the "bad looser" (still, not all fighters react > > like that). > > > > But - my understanding is limited to the moment *right after the > > fight*. The Ring article conveyed Kessler's attitude long after he > > should have realized he was beaten fair and square. Bad! > > -- > > Emanuel Berg - programmer (hire me! CV below) > > computer projects: http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573 > > internet activity: http://home.student.uu.se/embe8573 Remember the story of Art Aragon's comment at one point in his match with Carmen Basilio? "Hey, get me outta here, the guy's trying to kill me." DCI

I do indeed recall that story. Art Aragon was quick with the clever one liners, no doubt. As a long time L.A. bail bondsman, the motto printed on his business card was: "We'll Get You Out if it Takes Tan Years!" (lol)

mocci...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2013, 4:04:41 PM6/5/13
On Wednesday, June 5, 2013 4:00:02 PM UTC-4, mocci...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, June 3, 2013 1:35:05 AM UTC-4, DCI wrote: > On Sunday, June 2, 2013 4:55:24 PM UTC-7, Emanuel Berg wrote: > I Just re-read the Ring article prior to the second Froch-Kessler > > fight, and, amazingly, Kessler was still disrespectful to Ward, > > saying he wouldn't last a second in a "real fight" (whatever that > > means), that Ward relies on holding, etc. (Froch is better in his > > comments on Ward.) > > > > (By the way - isn't that the whole point of boxing, that it *is* a > > fight, but not a street fight, but a fight with rules and > > respect?) > > > > I remember Kessler loosing to Ward big, and after he whined and > > blamed head butts and everything else. Now, loosing in > > professional boxing isn't comparable to loosing in, say, ice > > hockey. In hockey, you loose as a team. You hide behind all the > > gear. Maybe you didn't even get to play the power play, you poor > > little thing, so you can blame that. Also, you just lost a *game* > > - you weren't beaten half to death, your manhood dragged in the > > ashes. In hockey, you might have actually done a great game, > > although the *team* lost. Basically, you go home, put in the > > artificial teeth, kiss your wife, and in one or two days there is > > a new game to focus on. > > > > No such things in professional boxing. That's why I have some > > understanding for the "bad looser" (still, not all fighters react > > like that). > > > > But - my understanding is limited to the moment *right after the > > fight*. The Ring article conveyed Kessler's attitude long after he > > should have realized he was beaten fair and square. Bad! > > -- > > Emanuel Berg - programmer (hire me! CV below) > > computer projects: http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573 > > internet activity: http://home.student.uu.se/embe8573 Remember the story of Art Aragon's comment at one point in his match with Carmen Basilio? "Hey, get me outta here, the guy's trying to kill me." DCI I do indeed recall that story. Art Aragon was quick with the clever one liners, no doubt. As a long time L.A. bail bondsman, the motto printed on his business card was: "We'll Get You Out if it Takes Tan Years!" (lol)

Correction: *Ten* - not *Tan*.