Capital City Classic - Go Bill Stephen

Gideon Forrest

Jan 25, 2002, 7:11:40 PM1/25/02
So, I looked at the brackets at AZbilliards last night, and saw that our
own Bill "Propool" Stephen drew Jose Parica in the first round. Oh,
well, I thought, too bad for Bill. Wrong! 9-5 for Bill.

Go team RSB!

Gideon

lfigueroa

Jan 26, 2002, 9:23:33 AM1/26/02
That's awesome -- go Bill!

Lou Figueroa

"Gideon Forrest" <gid...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Gideon Forrest

Jan 27, 2002, 4:16:43 AM1/27/02
Seems Billy got his first loss against Archer, then beat Strickland in the
losers bracket, before losing to Chamat.

Great result, IMO. Imagine beating Parica and Earl in one tournament!

Gideon

ProPoool

Jan 29, 2002, 4:26:30 AM1/29/02

Hey thanks fellas

Really appreciate the pat on the back.

For whatever reason,my competitiveness is starting to show.

And I gotta admit for a change of pace, it feels kinda 'good' to be the spanker
instead of the spankee.

Thanks again,

Billy

JoeyA

Jan 29, 2002, 9:49:07 AM1/29/02
Hey Billy! So you can really play pool? :-)

Congatulations! WOW-Parica and Strickland WOW.
JoeyA

"ProPoool" <prop...@aol.com> wrote in message

ProPoool

Jan 30, 2002, 4:08:46 PM1/30/02
>Hey Billy! So you can really play pool? :-)
>
>Congatulations! WOW-Parica and Strickland WOW.
>JoeyA

one of two things probably happened:

- a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile or

- they bet on me ;o)

Billy

JoeyA

Feb 5, 2002, 10:56:37 AM2/5/02
So when is your instructional video coming out?
JoeyA

"ProPoool" <prop...@aol.com> wrote in message

ProPoool

Feb 7, 2002, 11:50:08 PM2/7/02
Wouldn't it be nice if shortstops like us were in demand to do such things.

maybe one of these days

Billy

>Subject: Re: Capital City Classic - Go Bill Stephen
>From: "JoeyA" jo...@SPAMLESSofficespecialties.net
>Date: 2/5/02 10:56 AM Eastern Standard Time

John Collins

Feb 8, 2002, 2:29:27 AM2/8/02
This reminds me of an experience I had. I was playing in a National Nine
Ball Stop in Florida, Panama City I believe, and I beat a pretty good
southern player by the name of Larry Knox. Now Larry and I are friends but
he was trying to win and so was I. I played over my head and ended up
winning. Well a woman approached me and asked if I would give her my
autograph. I protested that I wasn't anybody to be giving autographs. She
insisted and I signed the back of her business card. I added "Instroke Cue
Cases" because I figured if there 'were' any real reason to autograph
something that would be it. Well she didn't know that I was the Instroke
guy and she told me about her room that she and her husband were opening
soon afterward. The room is Big Daddy's in Ocala Florida. She invited me
to come down after they were open and check it out. As this place is only
an hour from my parents place, I went.

Well when I got there the first thing I saw after the tour of a beautiful
room with Soren Sogard tables was about four little glass frames full of
business cards with autographs, Buddy Hall, Tommy Kennedy, Johhny Ervolino
and :-) John Collins. I said, "I guess I can forget about a spot in this
room".

Well, I did get a spot that day anyway, Johnny Ervolino gave me something
like 9:6 and beat me out of $20 which he also made me sign (what's up with
that) and said he wanted the autograph of a good casemaker (go figure).

So even though the closest I ever got to beating anybody of Parica and
Strickland's caliber was my 7:4 loss to Bustamante once, I know the feeling
of getting attention for playing good. Congratulations Bill, great
achievement.

John

"ProPoool" <prop...@aol.com> wrote in message

Bill Stephen

Feb 13, 2002, 12:54:50 PM2/13/02
"John Collins" <inst...@instroke.com> wrote in message news:<T9L88.638$333.3...@news.uswest.net>...
Thank you John.

It was a great feeling at the time, but now I have to figure how to
sustain what momentum I had.Business decisions are calling thru this
spring and I'm not sure how much I'll be able to play.I'm sure you
understand the principles of a part-time player.

Look forward to meeting you one of these days.

Billy