Why I ski...part Deux.

Jay Pique

Nov 14, 2004, 12:08:28 AM11/14/04
So I'm over at amazon.com looking for the latest price on a planer I'm
going to sell and I somehow see that Bill Clinton's "My Life" was the
*Customer Favorite* for the year or something like that, with some
other crap about John Kerry being *Unfit for Duty* and I really want
to know WHO THE FUCK READS THIS CRAP???!!

Is it me? Lord knows I can be apathetic - if not down right PAthetic
at times - but good GOD man......this is abSURD!

What really bugs me is that I'm part of the problem.
I just. don't. care. It's distasteful for me to even want to
educate myself to the point where I can be pissed off one way or the
other. One man, one vote, blah blah blah.... I'm familiar with "Game
Theory" (sort of - I might have missed that day) but unless someone's
going to ban "beer" or something, it's really just not worth the
effort.

In all honesty I'm sort of afraid that I'm just not going to be able
to cut myself off from enough media sources to prevent myself from
going postal the next time someone launches into their "fantasy
football", "COURT TV" or "My Big Fat Idiot Brain" story.

Is it me? If I get to the point where the bulk of 260 million people
say I'm a dick, maybe I should start thinking "it is".

BUT, what if I'm just one of the_enlightened_ones? How do you know?
Or better yet, how do you WIN?

JP
*************
Contentment....a foreign concept.

Oh yeah - SKI HARD MUTHAFUCKAS!!!!!

AxemanNJ

Nov 14, 2004, 12:18:11 AM11/14/04
No winning I'm afraid. But not following the cattle is a good start towards
losing more slowly...

AH

Nov 14, 2004, 4:06:46 AM11/14/04

"Jay Pique" <JayP...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I'm familiar with "Game
> Theory" (sort of - I might have missed that day) but unless someone's
> going to ban "beer" or something, it's really just not worth the
> effort.

This is exactly the reason why people over the world want to blow America
up.. the average American really doesn't care what the government does on
their behalf on the other side of the world.. as long as it doesn't affect
them personally..

Maybe September 11 should have been your wake up call.. maybe you should
realise that your foreign policy has driven some individuals to these
extents.. maybe you should worry about a little more than someone banning
"beer"..

You should start by reading the FULL transcript of what Osama said before
the election a couple of weeks ago..

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/10/29/bin.laden.transcript/

Does sound all that irrational to me.. I think that anyone that reads this
can see how we can stop "global terrorism".. and it certainly doesn't
involve the destruction and further interfering with countries that, really,
most of us have nothing to do with..

uglymoney

Nov 14, 2004, 7:34:09 AM11/14/04
On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 00:08:28 -0500, Jay Pique <JayP...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

How do you win? Save more than you spend, launder piles of cash with
your frequent flier mile card, pay as little tax as possible, and jog
before ski season.

I'm just the opposite I'm afraid. I'm always pissed one way or the
other, and honestly, I don't care if the entire world thinks I'm a
dick because of my opinions. I was gaming a friend of a friends
girlfriend before the election. She is very 'HOT' and a bright girl,
and showing signs of interest till I put on one of those Kerry
stickers.

She immediately came over and tried to 'correct me'. So hot. I'm
telling you, I love a girl with opinions especially if she has the
urge to change mine. I tried to explain that I really consider myself
to be moderate, and was voting for Kerry as a measured response to
what I consider numerous failed Bush policies. She was unconvinced
and started bringing up some talking points that she must have heard
on FOX news, which imo I easily and immediately dispensed. Anyway,
just arguing with her was worth more to me than dating her apparently,
because other than the high five I got from her after the election in
celebration of the 'W" victory I might as well be the big ole fat guy
now. No matter.

If I 'just didn't care', or just 'kept my mouth shut' it would
certainly be an advantage to me as an American, socially certainly,
and likely economically. Perhaps that is what foreigners don't
understand about Americans. They don't understand our culture, so
they don't understand us, so they are shocked and confused by whom the
country selects for president, then they blame joe average American,
and start hating us all, when in reality, its the neo-conservatives
who they dislike, and many, many Americans share this view. It is
though, one person, one vote, and at this point emigration is the only
viable option for anybody still distraught over the election.

The entire time that I was having this Bush-Kerry conversation with
blondy, we both had the 13 other people in the group we were with
trying to get us to stop talking, period. Religion and politics
aren't accepted topics of conversation in mixed company in the States.
It's an unfortunate reality, but it is the way things are.

Personally, I'd marry a republican, argue with her till the day we
both died, and be the happiest man on the planet, so long as she was
smart and cute and didn't force me to go to church. If she's a skier
and hot she could even be a lefty green voting vegetarian. I'd spend
my life grilling freshly shot deer chops marinated in tequila with a
touch of hot sauce right in front of her. God that would be great.

No matter. I'm perpetually single, and free to go skiing whenever I
want. SO maybe my opinions are a good thing?

I win!

nate

.

uglymoney

Nov 14, 2004, 8:26:09 AM11/14/04

Osama doesn't understand America. Neither do you.

nate

Dick Gozinya

Nov 14, 2004, 8:33:46 AM11/14/04
On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 09:06:46 GMT, "AH" <n...@one.com> wrote:

amen

"I think that gay marriage should be between a man and a woman." -Arnold Schwarzenegger, during the California recall campaign

pigo

Nov 14, 2004, 9:56:00 AM11/14/04

"AH" <n...@one.com> wrote in message

> Maybe September 11 should have been your wake up call.. maybe you should
> realise that your foreign policy has driven some individuals to these
> extents.. maybe you should worry about a little more than someone banning
> "beer"..

So? Do you only feel that way for your side? Or should America be allowed to
use those tactics to give the islamofacists their "wake up call"?

> You should start by reading the FULL transcript of what Osama said before
> the election a couple of weeks ago..

The use of terrorism negates *anything* he might say.
> http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/10/29/bin.laden.transcript/

Unless you're a hipocrite you can't really argue if someone you disagree
with solves it by stabbing you in the back on the street one day, can you?
It seems to be that you think it's legitamite.

> Does sound all that irrational to me.. I think that anyone that reads this
> can see how we can stop "global terrorism".. and it certainly doesn't
> involve the destruction and further interfering with countries that,
> really, most of us have nothing to do with..

Do you walk on all your travels? You've already said that your driving to
SLC, hipocrite.

pigo

Nov 14, 2004, 10:02:16 AM11/14/04

"uglymoney" <nouglym...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
(snipped)

She was unconvinced
> and started bringing up some talking points that she must have heard
> on FOX news, which imo I easily and immediately dispensed.

Did she "immediately dispense" your talking points from CBS, NBC, CNN, ABC,
MSNBC, NPR.............? That would only seem fair.

uglymoney

Nov 14, 2004, 10:35:54 AM11/14/04
On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 08:02:16 -0700, "pigo" <pigopow...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

I never had a chance to follow up, so I can't speak for her, but I can
take an educated guess based on the celebratory high five she gave me
after the election. Most likely, in her opinion, the answer would be
yes.

Speaking for my opinion as I was though, her arguments were flawed.
At the same time her body and delivery style were flawless. Damn she
was sexy!

A girl like her would have been PERFECT for a romantic getaway to SLC
for skiing and culture. She would love that town, if not the skiing.

Anyway, I was immediately dispatched as a possible romantic interest
by the young lady as communicated through non verbal body language.
That is a fact, not opinion. My hopes for a conservative, romantic
getaway to SLC have been dashed for the season!

nate

pigo

Nov 14, 2004, 11:40:51 AM11/14/04

> Speaking for my opinion as I was though, her arguments were flawed.

Any more than yours were "flawed" for the same reason (disagreement)?

> A girl like her would have been PERFECT for a romantic getaway to SLC
> for skiing and culture. She would love that town, if not the skiing.

There is NO culture here. Only manufactured and carfully controled "faux"
culture. And nothing much more than 100 to 150 years old (when the mormon
thing was made up).

> Anyway, I was immediately dispatched as a possible romantic interest
> by the young lady as communicated through non verbal body language.
> That is a fact, not opinion. My hopes for a conservative, romantic
> getaway to SLC have been dashed for the season!

You can always just come here and get one. Many a fine looking, young,
naive, and blonde, chic will do all sorts of nasty things just to hope daddy
finds out just to piss him off. She'll regret it in a few years, but who
cares! Just bring condoms! Having babies is some sort of redemtion for them.

I might even show you a stash or two.

uglymoney

Nov 14, 2004, 12:24:26 PM11/14/04
On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 09:40:51 -0700, "pigo" <pigopow...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

Yes. Honestly, I could live in SLC. I've always enjoyed the town.
Its a good size, not to big, not too small. Plenty of girls. Moderate
traffic. Needs more freshwater lakes and athiests.

> Just bring condoms! Having babies is some sort of redemtion for them.

Goes without saying. The really religous girls are always the first
to grow a basketball in the belly.

>I might even show you a stash or two.

I'm waaaay overdue for a swing through town. I need to add Snowbasin
and Powder mountain to my list of have skied mountains. As always,
its going to depend on conditions late this winter when I drive west
with my dog.

nate

Jay Pique

Nov 14, 2004, 2:34:09 PM11/14/04
On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 09:06:46 GMT, "AH" <n...@one.com> wrote:

>"Jay Pique" <JayP...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I'm familiar with "Game
>> Theory" (sort of - I might have missed that day) but unless someone's
>> going to ban "beer" or something, it's really just not worth the
>> effort.
>
>This is exactly the reason why people over the world want to blow America
>up.. the average American really doesn't care what the government does on
>their behalf on the other side of the world.. as long as it doesn't affect
>them personally..

Yes.

>Maybe September 11 should have been your wake up call..

It was. We are at war you know.

>maybe you should realise that your foreign policy has driven some individuals to these
>extents.. maybe you should worry about a little more than someone banning
>"beer"..

Sorry, I'm more worried about eating, paying the rent, and (of course)
"beer". I'll leave The Saving of The World to you and the rest of the
highly effective USENET Crusaders.

>You should start by reading the FULL transcript of what Osama said before
>the election a couple of weeks ago..
>
>http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/10/29/bin.laden.transcript/
>
>Does sound all that irrational to me.. I think that anyone that reads this
>can see how we can stop "global terrorism".. and it certainly doesn't
>involve the destruction and further interfering with countries that, really,
>most of us have nothing to do with..

I think you mean't "Doesn't sound...", to which I reply:
This message has been forwarded to the appropriate authorities.

You drove me to it.

JP
*****************************
It's not that I don't like football.

The Real Bev

Nov 14, 2004, 2:38:08 PM11/14/04
AH wrote:

> "Jay Pique" <JayP...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm familiar with "Game
> > Theory" (sort of - I might have missed that day) but unless someone's
> > going to ban "beer" or something, it's really just not worth the
> > effort.
>
> This is exactly the reason why people over the world want to blow America
> up..

Yes, I see that daily. Those guys standing on corners waiting for day
work are all part of a gigantic conspiracy. Each of them has a tiny bit
of The Final Bomb and when the signal is given they will all move to
their pre-arranged destination, assemble The Bomb, and sacrifice their
lives for, um, whatever. In the meantime, they might as well hang out
at the park, chat with their friends, get some healthy exercise and
maybe make a few bucks.

> the average American really doesn't care what the government does on
> their behalf on the other side of the world.. as long as it doesn't affect
> them personally..

Is the concept of 'minding your own business' entirely unfamiliar to
you?

> Maybe September 11 should have been your wake up call.. maybe you should
> realise that your foreign policy has driven some individuals to these
> extents.. maybe you should worry about a little more than someone banning
> "beer"..

Is the whole point that we should stop supporting Israel? I have no
problem with that. I think we should stop supporting EVERYBODY. See
"minding your own business" above.

> You should start by reading the FULL transcript of what Osama said before
> the election a couple of weeks ago..
>
> http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/10/29/bin.laden.transcript/
>
> Does sound all that irrational to me..

I assume you meant "doesn't" there.

What about: "And we never knew that the commander-in-chief of the
American armed forces would leave 50,000 of his people in the two towers
to face those events by themselves when they were in the most urgent
need of their leader." Did he warn Bush about the towers ahead of
time? If that isn't what he meant (and I have yet to hear anybody
accuse Bush of receiving and ignoring such a warning, although it would
have been an excellent weapon for Kerry), WTF DID he mean?

And how do you reconcile "we never had the intention to destroy the
towers" with "And as I was looking at those towers that were destroyed
inLebanon, it occurred to me that we have to punish the transgressor
with the same --and that we had to destroy the towers in America so that
they taste what we tasted, and they stop killing our women and
children." in the next paragraph. "We didn't mean to do it but you made
us do it anyway"?

> I think that anyone that reads this
> can see how we can stop "global terrorism".. and it certainly doesn't
> involve the destruction and further interfering with countries that, really,
> most of us have nothing to do with..

Someone told me that Muslims regard it as proper to attempt to reconcile
differences before launching an attack. On the whole a good idea,
although, that sure didn't sound like a sincere attempt -- more like
saying "He MADE me do it mommy WAAAAAH" in advance.

Anybody know if Osama (ob)skis?

--
Cheers,
Bev

AH

Nov 14, 2004, 2:44:27 PM11/14/04

> On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 09:06:46 GMT, "AH" <n...@one.com> wrote:
> Osama doesn't understand America. Neither do you.
>
> nate

And America certainly does not understand the world.. that is the problem,
and it is much worse than the world not understanding America..

AH

Nov 14, 2004, 2:53:42 PM11/14/04

"pigo" <pigopow...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "AH" <n...@one.com> wrote in message
>
>> Maybe September 11 should have been your wake up call.. maybe you should
>> realise that your foreign policy has driven some individuals to these
>> extents.. maybe you should worry about a little more than someone banning
>> "beer"..
>
> So? Do you only feel that way for your side? Or should America be allowed
> to use those tactics to give the islamofacists their "wake up call"?
>
>> You should start by reading the FULL transcript of what Osama said before
>> the election a couple of weeks ago..
>
> The use of terrorism negates *anything* he might say.

I know people use this argument a lot.. however, what do you do when you are
in their situation.. what would you do if you where in their situation?

>> http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/10/29/bin.laden.transcript/
>
> Unless you're a hipocrite you can't really argue if someone you disagree
> with solves it by stabbing you in the back on the street one day, can you?
> It seems to be that you think it's legitamite.
>
>> Does sound all that irrational to me.. I think that anyone that reads
>> this can see how we can stop "global terrorism".. and it certainly
>> doesn't involve the destruction and further interfering with countries
>> that, really, most of us have nothing to do with..
>
> Do you walk on all your travels? You've already said that your driving to
> SLC, hipocrite.

I'm not suggesting that we should give up cars or the stuff that makes them
go.

I'm saying the tactics used in the middle east are dispicable.. our (and not
just the US, but a lot of other nations that include ones that I belong to)
way of doing business over there is wrong, and if we honestly put ourselves
in their position, I think you would agree..

I hope I don't sound anti-american.. I really am not.. and if I was, I
wouldn't be touring your country for 3 weeks next month.. in fact, every
time I am in the US, I find that the people are the most friendly and
welcoming people anywhere in the world.. and I have travelled quite a bit..
however, I do also find that most do not care about anything that happens
beyond their borders, and beyond what concerns them directly.. and I believe
this is what is turning your country into a place that most people in the
world would not like...

That was really my point here..

uglymoney

Nov 14, 2004, 3:03:54 PM11/14/04

You know, I am somebody who might have a bit of sympathy for your
position on US foreign policy. Unfortunately you've employed the
words of a mass murderer and one of the most evil people on the planet
as a talking point.

You expect me to take anything you say seriously from this point
forward?

Have fun on your ski trip to the US. If you value your teeth, I
strongly advise that you avoid this line of argument around anybody
who has had more than two sips of beer.

nate

AH

Nov 14, 2004, 3:14:52 PM11/14/04

"The Real Bev" <bas...@myrealbox.com> wrote in message

> AH wrote:
>>
>> "Jay Pique" <JayP...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> > I'm familiar with "Game
>> > Theory" (sort of - I might have missed that day) but unless someone's
>> > going to ban "beer" or something, it's really just not worth the
>> > effort.
>>
>> This is exactly the reason why people over the world want to blow America
>> up..
>
> Yes, I see that daily. Those guys standing on corners waiting for day
> work are all part of a gigantic conspiracy. Each of them has a tiny bit
> of The Final Bomb and when the signal is given they will all move to
> their pre-arranged destination, assemble The Bomb, and sacrifice their
> lives for, um, whatever. In the meantime, they might as well hang out
> at the park, chat with their friends, get some healthy exercise and
> maybe make a few bucks.

And while people have that attitude they will be caught up in the conspiracy
that you seem to be involved with currently.. the conspiracy that America
leads the world in freedom, and is morally above reproach..

>> the average American really doesn't care what the government does on
>> their behalf on the other side of the world.. as long as it doesn't
>> affect
>> them personally..
>
> Is the concept of 'minding your own business' entirely unfamiliar to
> you?

The world would be happy to mind my own business, if America did so
themselves.. the problem is that the decisions that the government in
America make affect everybody.. you have to consider the effects of that..
you are seeing these effects today.. this includes the rest of the world
leaving you to one side.. when September 11 happened, you had everyone on
your side.. what the hell went wrong?

>> Maybe September 11 should have been your wake up call.. maybe you should
>> realise that your foreign policy has driven some individuals to these
>> extents.. maybe you should worry about a little more than someone banning
>> "beer"..
>
> Is the whole point that we should stop supporting Israel? I have no
> problem with that. I think we should stop supporting EVERYBODY. See
> "minding your own business" above.

I think that would be a great start.. and you know, the US does provide a
lot of support around the world.. but "they" also take advantage of a lot of
people around the world.. and we shouldn't really be talking about the US,
cause its not the US or the people of the US who are genuinely the most
friendly and welcoming people in the world.. its the companies and
corporations that own the US that are benefiting, and they are taking you
all for a ride.. they are the ones benifiting when the "US" says "We will
give Israel $14million a day - but they must spend it with US arms
manufacturers".. or when they say "We will give 10 billion to Africa for
AIDs support, but only when they spend it with US drug manufacturers", even
though they could get 10 times more drugs with Indian companies.. or when
they say that a certain country contains WMD, but they actually don't,
although certain companies will be booming this year.. they are basically
embezeling money out of the American public..

You really have to consider the way the US is being decieved, when no one in
the rest of the civilized world would have voted in any majority for Bush..
Why does the US? Are you guys missing something?

>> You should start by reading the FULL transcript of what Osama said before
>> the election a couple of weeks ago..
>>
>> http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/10/29/bin.laden.transcript/
>>
>> Does sound all that irrational to me..
>
> I assume you meant "doesn't" there.

Yes.. sorry.. I did mean doesn't..

> What about: "And we never knew that the commander-in-chief of the
> American armed forces would leave 50,000 of his people in the two towers
> to face those events by themselves when they were in the most urgent
> need of their leader."
> Did he warn Bush about the towers ahead of
> time? If that isn't what he meant (and I have yet to hear anybody
> accuse Bush of receiving and ignoring such a warning, although it would
> have been an excellent weapon for Kerry), WTF DID he mean?

I think he was making the point that Bush isn't a real leader, he is a
puppet with connections.. that when it all went down, he froze.. which is
true..

I think we have to realise that this has been translated from Arabic also..
it doesn't read very well, but you should get the jist..

> And how do you reconcile "we never had the intention to destroy the
> towers" with "And as I was looking at those towers that were destroyed

> in Lebanon, it occurred to me that we have to punish the transgressor

> with the same --and that we had to destroy the towers in America so that
> they taste what we tasted, and they stop killing our women and
> children." in the next paragraph. "We didn't mean to do it but you made
> us do it anyway"?

Its ridiculous to pick the speech apart like this.. you are doing exactly
what the Republicans did to Kerry.. focussing on something that really means
nothing, to take the focus away from what was really being said..

>> I think that anyone that reads this
>> can see how we can stop "global terrorism".. and it certainly doesn't
>> involve the destruction and further interfering with countries that,
>> really,
>> most of us have nothing to do with..
>
> Someone told me that Muslims regard it as proper to attempt to reconcile
> differences before launching an attack. On the whole a good idea,
> although, that sure didn't sound like a sincere attempt -- more like
> saying "He MADE me do it mommy WAAAAAH" in advance.

Al Qaeda attacked many times before September 11, and didn't target
civilians.. they targetting military targets, and embassies.. but no one in
America or the rest of the world cared.. as he mentions in his message, they
tried going small, they needed to do something bigger... something to get
the attention of the world.. now whether this was right or wrong is up for
debate..

> Anybody know if Osama (ob)skis?

Well, he is quite wealthy, and there is skiing in Iran and Lebanon.. so I'm
sure he has..

uglymoney

Nov 14, 2004, 3:19:31 PM11/14/04
On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 20:14:52 GMT, "AH" <n...@one.com> wrote:

>Al Qaeda attacked many times before September 11, and didn't target
>civilians.. they targetting military targets, and embassies.. but no one in
>America or the rest of the world cared.. as he mentions in his message, they
>tried going small, they needed to do something bigger... something to get
>the attention of the world.. now whether this was right or wrong is up for
>debate..

Okay, I amend all my earlier reply's to you to the following:

FUCK OFF JACKASS!

nate

The Real Bev

Nov 14, 2004, 4:43:13 PM11/14/04
AH wrote:
> "The Real Bev" <bas...@myrealbox.com> wrote:
> > AH wrote:
> >>
> >> This is exactly the reason why people over the world want to blow America
> >> up..
> >
> > Yes, I see that daily. Those guys standing on corners waiting for day
> > work are all part of a gigantic conspiracy. Each of them has a tiny bit
> > of The Final Bomb and when the signal is given they will all move to
> > their pre-arranged destination, assemble The Bomb, and sacrifice their
> > lives for, um, whatever. In the meantime, they might as well hang out
> > at the park, chat with their friends, get some healthy exercise and
> > maybe make a few bucks.
>
> And while people have that attitude they will be caught up in the conspiracy
> that you seem to be involved with currently.. the conspiracy that America
> leads the world in freedom, and is morally above reproach..

You misunderstand. I'm pretty sure that the man in the American street
doesn't give half a shit about world leadership or world opinion, he
just wants to be let alone to take care of his family and mind his own
business.

> >> the average American really doesn't care what the government does on
> >> their behalf on the other side of the world.. as long as it doesn't
> >> affect them personally..
> >
> > Is the concept of 'minding your own business' entirely unfamiliar to
> > you?
>
> The world would be happy to mind my own business, if America did so
> themselves..

I read that three times and it still didn't make any sense.

> the problem is that the decisions that the government in
> America make affect everybody..

Yeah, I don't like that. I don't want to have to care about what some
stranger in a country whose name and/or form of government has changed
four times in the last century.

> you have to consider the effects of that..
> you are seeing these effects today.. this includes the rest of the world
> leaving you to one side.. when September 11 happened, you had everyone on
> your side.. what the hell went wrong?

No idea. Probably had to do with attacking Saddam, who turned out to be
a weaponless jerk hiding in a hole. Who knew? You? Guess we'll have
to muddle along without, um, well, without what? Are the French
refusing to sell us wine and cheese? I'm pretty sure we have more BMWs
and Mercedes now than we did ten years ago. Sure, there are things that
money can't buy, but France and Germany and whatever country you call
home don't have a monopoly...

> >> Maybe September 11 should have been your wake up call.. maybe you should
> >> realise that your foreign policy has driven some individuals to these
> >> extents.. maybe you should worry about a little more than someone banning
> >> "beer"..
> >
> > Is the whole point that we should stop supporting Israel? I have no
> > problem with that. I think we should stop supporting EVERYBODY. See
> > "minding your own business" above.
>
> I think that would be a great start.. and you know, the US does provide a
> lot of support around the world.. but "they" also take advantage of a lot of
> people around the world.. and we shouldn't really be talking about the US,
> cause its not the US or the people of the US who are genuinely the most
> friendly and welcoming people in the world.. its the companies and
> corporations that own the US that are benefiting, and they are taking you
> all for a ride.. they are the ones benifiting when the "US" says "We will
> give Israel $14million a day - but they must spend it with US arms
> manufacturers".. or when they say "We will give 10 billion to Africa for
> AIDs support, but only when they spend it with US drug manufacturers", even
> though they could get 10 times more drugs with Indian companies.. or when
> they say that a certain country contains WMD, but they actually don't,
> although certain companies will be booming this year.. they are basically
> embezeling money out of the American public..

OTOH, the Saudis are a charitable bunch, given to sharing their wealth
with the common man including the Filipina maids?

> You really have to consider the way the US is being decieved, when no one in
> the rest of the civilized world would have voted in any majority for Bush..
> Why does the US?

Because Kerry and the Dems were worse.

> Are you guys missing something?

Probably, but I doubt that you have it either.

> >> You should start by reading the FULL transcript of what Osama said before
> >> the election a couple of weeks ago..
> >>
> >> http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/10/29/bin.laden.transcript/
> >>
> >> Does sound all that irrational to me..
> >
> > I assume you meant "doesn't" there.
>
> Yes.. sorry.. I did mean doesn't..
>

> > What about: "And we never knew that the commander-in-chief of the
> > American armed forces would leave 50,000 of his people in the two towers
> > to face those events by themselves when they were in the most urgent
> > need of their leader."
> > Did he warn Bush about the towers ahead of
> > time? If that isn't what he meant (and I have yet to hear anybody
> > accuse Bush of receiving and ignoring such a warning, although it would
> > have been an excellent weapon for Kerry), WTF DID he mean?
>
> I think he was making the point that Bush isn't a real leader, he is a
> puppet with connections.. that when it all went down, he froze.. which is
> true..

You have no idea what was happening then unless you know exactly what he
was told. I don't either. "Acting normal" is sometimes exactly the
right thing to do, though.

> I think we have to realise that this has been translated from Arabic also..
> it doesn't read very well, but you should get the jist..

You mean there's nobody on earth who can do a proper translation from
Arabic to English? Babelfish translates word for word, when it knows the
words, but it misses the meaning entirely. If you hold up something as
meaningful, you can't complain a few minutes later that it was a bad
translation. Do you speak Arabic? Could you have done a better
translation? A thing is what it is.

> > And how do you reconcile "we never had the intention to destroy the
> > towers" with "And as I was looking at those towers that were destroyed
> > in Lebanon, it occurred to me that we have to punish the transgressor
> > with the same --and that we had to destroy the towers in America so that
> > they taste what we tasted, and they stop killing our women and
> > children." in the next paragraph. "We didn't mean to do it but you made
> > us do it anyway"?
>
> Its ridiculous to pick the speech apart like this.. you are doing exactly
> what the Republicans did to Kerry.. focussing on something that really means
> nothing, to take the focus away from what was really being said..

If the parts don't make sense, then eventually the whole thing doesn't
make sense. Which parts of the speech were correct? If he'd said
something simple like "Leave Islam alone or we will kill you," he could
have saved a lot of time and trouble. Then we could just say "We ARE
leaving it alone, we just don't care. Go away and stop bothering us."
and we could all get on with our lives.

> >> I think that anyone that reads this
> >> can see how we can stop "global terrorism".. and it certainly doesn't
> >> involve the destruction and further interfering with countries that,
> >> really, most of us have nothing to do with..
> >
> > Someone told me that Muslims regard it as proper to attempt to reconcile
> > differences before launching an attack. On the whole a good idea,
> > although, that sure didn't sound like a sincere attempt -- more like
> > saying "He MADE me do it mommy WAAAAAH" in advance.
>
> Al Qaeda attacked many times before September 11, and didn't target
> civilians..

Are they wholly separate from the people who blow themselves up in buses
or airplanes or shops or wherever they happen to be when they see the
jig is up?

> they targetting military targets, and embassies.. but no one in
> America or the rest of the world cared.. as he mentions in his message, they
> tried going small, they needed to do something bigger... something to get
> the attention of the world.. now whether this was right or wrong is up for
> debate..

All things considered, neutron bombing the entire middle east would not
be that bad an idea. Is that the sort of attention they want?
Probably. Nobody said they had to be rational.

> > Anybody know if Osama (ob)skis?
>
> Well, he is quite wealthy, and there is skiing in Iran and Lebanon.. so I'm
> sure he has..

Somehow he just doesn't seem like the athletic type.

AH

Nov 14, 2004, 5:02:03 PM11/14/04

"uglymoney" <nouglym...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Well.. thanks..

See you in a few weeks..

Message has been deleted

Jay Pique

Nov 14, 2004, 8:37:05 PM11/14/04
On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 01:20:03 GMT, AstroPax <as...@astropax.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 22:02:03 GMT, "AH" <n...@one.com> wrote:
>
>>See you in a few weeks..
>

>Next vacation, I recommend you tour France...people like you are not
>welcome in most of Utah, seriously.

Heh. There's a saying about our form of government being the worst of
all - except for every other one, and that just popped into my head
now.

I really don't think that there's this evil core of America set out to
fuck with other countries, but I'm sure that's how we're percieved
(and portrayed by the "media") in other parts of the world. At heart,
I really think we'd like to be charitable and "good". The problem is,
we also want to be wealthy and successful and "win".

Everyone hates a winner.

JP

Hank Sniadoch

Nov 14, 2004, 11:14:08 PM11/14/04
I'll help .....
"AstroPax" <as...@astropax.com> wrote in message

> On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 22:02:03 GMT, "AH" <n...@one.com> wrote:
>
>>See you in a few weeks..
>
> Next vacation, I recommend you tour France...people like you are not
> welcome in most of Utah, seriously.
>
> Like someone already said, while in this country, I suggest that you
> keep your anti-american, pro-terrorist, pro UBL, pro Islamic
> militant/fundamentalist views to yourself, unless you want a bloody
> nose, a ski shoved up your ass, or worse.
>
> -Astro
>
> ---
> X Minus Two
> http://ski.astropax.com/04-05/index.htm
> ---

Norm

Nov 15, 2004, 2:25:20 AM11/15/04

> On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 01:20:03 GMT, AstroPax <as...@astropax.com> wrote:
>

> I really don't think that there's this evil core of America set out to
> fuck with other countries,

I think you are mistaken.

> but I'm sure that's how we're percieved
> (and portrayed by the "media") in other parts of the world. At heart,
> I really think we'd like to be charitable and "good".

When it suits your needs.

> The problem is,
> we also want to be wealthy and successful and "win".

No, thats not the problem. Thats called ambition and theres nothing whatever
wrong with it. The problem arises when you want to be all those things and
then accomplish it by victimizing other parts of the world. Thats called
greed, among other things.

> Everyone hates a winner.

No, they don't. Not when he wins fairly and is a good sport about it.

Norm

Nov 15, 2004, 2:53:50 AM11/15/04

>> And while people have that attitude they will be caught up in the
>> conspiracy
>> that you seem to be involved with currently.. the conspiracy that America
>> leads the world in freedom, and is morally above reproach..
>
> You misunderstand. I'm pretty sure that the man in the American street
> doesn't give half a shit about world leadership or world opinion, he
> just wants to be let alone to take care of his family and mind his own
> business.

That's quite true. But in doing so, he has conveniently ignored the fact
that his leaders are doing things in other parts of the world which make it
impossible for people there to take care of their family and mind their own
business.

>> The world would be happy to mind my own business, if America did so
>> themselves..
>
> I read that three times and it still didn't make any sense.

And therin lies the problem, doesn't it?

>> the problem is that the decisions that the government in
>> America make affect everybody..
>
> Yeah, I don't like that. I don't want to have to care about what some
> stranger in a country whose name and/or form of government has changed
> four times in the last century.

Largely due to the policies implemented by the people you elect then allow
to do as they please around the world.

>> you have to consider the effects of that..
>> you are seeing these effects today.. this includes the rest of the world
>> leaving you to one side.. when September 11 happened, you had everyone on
>> your side.. what the hell went wrong?
>
> No idea.

And why then are you not trying to find out? Do you think you can "WIN" the
war on terrorism? Just like you are winning the war on drugs? For every one
you capture or kill, 10 more will take his place. Until you start dealing
with the root causes of the problem. Build a wall around yourselves, they
will get over it. Find out why people are so desperate to strike out at you
that they will give their lives to do so. People are not inherently evil,
they become that way due to circumstances.

> Probably had to do with attacking Saddam, who turned out to be
> a weaponless jerk hiding in a hole.

Um, No. It really has little to do with Saddam.

>> > Is the whole point that we should stop supporting Israel? I have no
>> > problem with that. I think we should stop supporting EVERYBODY. See
>> > "minding your own business" above.
>>
>> I think that would be a great start.. and you know, the US does provide a
>> lot of support around the world.. but "they" also take advantage of a lot
>> of
>> people around the world.. and we shouldn't really be talking about the
>> US,
>> cause its not the US or the people of the US who are genuinely the most
>> friendly and welcoming people in the world.. its the companies and
>> corporations that own the US that are benefiting, and they are taking you
>> all for a ride.. they are the ones benifiting when the "US" says "We will
>> give Israel $14million a day - but they must spend it with US arms
>> manufacturers".. or when they say "We will give 10 billion to Africa for
>> AIDs support, but only when they spend it with US drug manufacturers",
>> even
>> though they could get 10 times more drugs with Indian companies.. or when
>> they say that a certain country contains WMD, but they actually don't,
>> although certain companies will be booming this year.. they are basically
>> embezeling money out of the American public..
>
> OTOH, the Saudis are a charitable bunch, given to sharing their wealth
> with the common man including the Filipina maids?

Interesting you would choose that particular example. The Suadis are a
corrupt bunch of criminals kept in power primarily by the support of GWB and
his cronies.

>> You really have to consider the way the US is being deceived, when no one

>> in
>> the rest of the civilized world would have voted in any majority for
>> Bush..
>> Why does the US?
>
> Because Kerry and the Dems were worse.

Hardly seems possible.

> If the parts don't make sense, then eventually the whole thing doesn't
> make sense. Which parts of the speech were correct? If he'd said
> something simple like "Leave Islam alone or we will kill you," he could
> have saved a lot of time and trouble. Then we could just say "We ARE
> leaving it alone, we just don't care.

And that would be partly true. To be totally correct you would have to say
"Our leaders and our industries are victimizing Islam (among others) because
we, the people, just don't care." See the subtle difference?

AH

Nov 15, 2004, 3:01:36 AM11/15/04

"AstroPax" <as...@astropax.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 22:02:03 GMT, "AH" <n...@one.com> wrote:
>
>>See you in a few weeks..
>
> Next vacation, I recommend you tour France...people like you are not
> welcome in most of Utah, seriously.
>
> Like someone already said, while in this country, I suggest that you
> keep your anti-american, pro-terrorist, pro UBL, pro Islamic
> militant/fundamentalist views to yourself, unless you want a bloody
> nose, a ski shoved up your ass, or worse.
>
> -Astro
>
> ---
> X Minus Two
> http://ski.astropax.com/04-05/index.htm
> ---

Thanks for your welcome..

I am not pro-terrorist, anti-american, pro-UBL or pro Islamic.. if I was, I
wouldn't be coming to the US. I think it is a great country and a great
place to go on vacation.. I'm sure I'll have a good time..

I do however, think I have a more objective view of this whole issue, and I
don't think it is as one sided as you think..

Its a pity that the whole situation has made people think like you, which I
think is traditionally very unamerican.. maybe not so anymore.. I think
people with views like yours make it impossible for people in the US to get
a clear view on what is going on and how you guys are really getting taken
for a ride by some disgraceful and dishonest people.. it seems that if you
think something other than what they want you to think and you'll get a
"bloody nose"..

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

AH

Nov 15, 2004, 5:12:54 AM11/15/04

"tm" <t...@tmoero.invalid> wrote in message
> AH wrote:
>> "AstroPax" wrote

>> > Next vacation, I recommend you tour France...people like you are not
>> > welcome in most of Utah, seriously.
>> >
>> > Like someone already said, while in this country, I suggest that you
>> > keep your anti-american, pro-terrorist, pro UBL, pro Islamic
>> > militant/fundamentalist views to yourself, unless you want a bloody
>> > nose, a ski shoved up your ass, or worse.
>
>> I am not pro-terrorist, anti-american, pro-UBL or pro Islamic.. if I was,
>> wouldn't be coming to the US. I think it is a great country and a great
>> place to go on vacation.. I'm sure I'll have a good time..
>
> Shitty time to tourist merka, the dollar is in the toilet.

That means its a great time to visit America.. I almost get $2 for my 1UKP..

AH

Nov 15, 2004, 5:24:51 AM11/15/04

> On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 08:01:36 GMT, "AH" <n...@one.com> wrote:
> What people are "disgraceful" and "dishonest"? Say it. I want to
> hear it.

The neo conservatives running your country on behalf of a number of huge
corporations and a fundamentalist church are the disgraceful and dishonest
ones.. they are giving you a bad name, and at the same time taking away your
jobs and making the rich richer and the poor poorer.. not to mention killing
100,000 people in a war where we are unlawful invaders.. do you think the
Arabs like America anymore now?

> And who are the "honest" and "graceful" people? John Kerry? Bill
> Clinton? Jacques Chirac? Gerhard Schroeder? Kofi Annan?

I'm sure all these people have their own agenda's as well.. and I will speak
out against them also when I believe it is necessary also..

In my opinion though, there has never been such blatent corruption and
deception as is being perpetrated in America at the moment.. and 51% of you
are falling for it.. that is of course my opinion.. I would have thought
that in the "land of the free" I would have been entitled to it, without the
risk of a "bloody nose or worse"..

> Bwaaahaahaaahaa !!!
>
> Nothing "un-American" about blasting the people that attacked us, are
> currently attacking us, or are planning to attack us, dumbass.

And there is nothing un-American about critizing a government that is
destroying your country and the world in many different ways..

> Maybe if you believed something other than what the BBC or Al Jezeera
> has to say, then *you* might have a better grasp on reality.
>
> BTW, you can *think* whatever you want, I doubt anyone can read your
> mind. Regardless, about 80% of the people in Utah would disagree with
> your point of view, as would the majority of Americans.
>
> Obviously, you feel that our foreign policy is going in the wrong
> direction. Fine, that's your prerogative.
>
> I disagree with you.

No problems.. do I still get a bloody nose?

> Anyway, this is typical. Foreigners voicing anti-American
> sentiment...you are doing it...and then either visiting or moving to
> the US and/or attempting to gain US citizenship. Why is that?

Because I don't have a problem with Americans.. and I'm sure your country
will be a great place to have a holiday..

> Anyway, if you don't like what we are doing, or how we are doing it,
> then why don't you just stay the fuck out of this state...this
> country, asshole!

What a great attitude to have..

AH

Nov 15, 2004, 5:34:16 AM11/15/04

"The Real Bev" <bas...@myrealbox.com> wrote in message

> AH wrote:
>> "The Real Bev" <bas...@myrealbox.com> wrote:
> If the parts don't make sense, then eventually the whole thing doesn't
> make sense. Which parts of the speech were correct? If he'd said
> something simple like "Leave Islam alone or we will kill you," he could
> have saved a lot of time and trouble. Then we could just say "We ARE
> leaving it alone, we just don't care. Go away and stop bothering us."
> and we could all get on with our lives.

Are you for real? There is no region in this earth that America has "not
left alone" more than the middle east..

From trying to overthrow the government of Iran, to trying to get the
Russians out of Afghanistan, to giving Saddam weapons to kill other Arabs,
to giving Israel money and arms to kill Arabs, to supporting the government
of Saudi Arabia, to fighting the first war in Iraq, to fighting this new war
in Iraq and Afghanistan..

If you don't care, tell your government you don't care.. tell them to leave
them the hell alone.. no more money for Israel while they continue their
persecution.. no more American corporations in that region.. no more wars in
that region.. then, like Osama has clearly said, they will not have a
problem with you.. looks like you and him are on the same page..

Jay Pique

Nov 15, 2004, 6:52:47 AM11/15/04
On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 07:25:20 GMT, "Norm" <normgr...@yahoo.ca>
wrote:

>"Jay Pique" <JayP...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 01:20:03 GMT, AstroPax <as...@astropax.com> wrote:
>>

>> I really don't think that there's this evil core of America set out to
>> fuck with other countries,
>
>I think you are mistaken.

You lost me right here.

JP

Jay Pique

Nov 15, 2004, 7:00:31 AM11/15/04
On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 10:34:16 GMT, "AH" <n...@one.com> wrote:

>... then, like Osama has clearly said, they will not have a

>problem with you.. looks like you and him are on the same page..

Actually, it looks like_you_and him are on the same page. If you're
at all representative the anti-American sentiment in the world, I
really am fucking glad we're bucking the trend.

JP
****************
Osama's really just a misunderstood, rational guy. Just not like
Gandhi though.

pigo

Nov 15, 2004, 8:51:29 AM11/15/04

"tm" <t...@tmoero.invalid> wrote in message

> Shitty time to tourist merka, the dollar is in the toilet.

Just like everything else you say. The truth is exactly opposite. He's going
to get MORE dollars for his money whether it Euro or Pound. Last I heard, a
week or so ago you'ld get $1.30 for a Euro. Last time I was there a couple
of years ago it was about $.90! It's a great time for tourists to come here.

Message has been deleted

AH

Nov 15, 2004, 10:33:12 AM11/15/04

> On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 10:34:16 GMT, "AH" <n...@one.com> wrote:
>
>>... then, like Osama has clearly said, they will not have a
>>problem with you.. looks like you and him are on the same page..
>
> Actually, it looks like_you_and him are on the same page. If you're
> at all representative the anti-American sentiment in the world, I
> really am fucking glad we're bucking the trend.

Whose bucking the trend?

Norm

Nov 15, 2004, 12:37:26 PM11/15/04

>>> I really don't think that there's this evil core of America set out to
>>> fuck with other countries,
>>
>>I think you are mistaken.
>
> You lost me right here.

Sorry. I'll try to type slower in future.
The problem is the average American is more comfortable not believing the
people who run his/her country are doing what they are doing elswhere in the
world. You seem to be a prime example. As long as you keep your head buried
in the sand and continue to elect people whose primarly goal is to maintain
the military industrial complex at any cost, people from other parts of the
world will continue to defend themselves. You could kill every Muslim in the
world, but if you don't figure out why they are angry, other groups will
take their place. The next bunch may be even angrier or better organized.

uglymoney

Nov 15, 2004, 2:48:55 PM11/15/04

Sounds to me like if a few members of Al Queda are onboard your plane
on the way over the pond and 'decide' to take control of it you'd
probably have a hard time choosing sides.

Would you try to stop them? After all, America is an evil empire
controlled by greedy corporations, they've made mistakes in the middle
east and elsewhere. The neoconservatives are currently in control.
AH, you sound like you'd be a happy kamakazie to me in light of our
defiant re-election of Bush despite being told not too by a despicable
man who resembles the devil even to an athiest like myself.

So I say again as a Kerry voter, as somebody who see's problems with
the current administration, and as someone who reads the foreign
press daily, and knows these issues inside and out.

FUCK OFF JACKASS!!!

Its the rhetoric spewers like you, and Osama, and the rest of the hell
bent anti-americans in Europe, the middle east, and elsewhere who did
the most to get Bush reelected, because, as I said earlier, you all do
not understand America.

This will be my last response in this thread. I really wish all the
brilliant Europeans would quit trying to 'enlighten' Americans on
Usenet. Your only fanning the flames and creating an even more
radical right leaning America every day. For every neoconservative
you convince, 10 moderates become enraged at your rhetoric and move
farther right. For gods sake I have to live here. Have some sympathy
and just shut up!

Hell, after reading this thread I'm thinking of becoming a southern
babtist myself. I've always thought it'd be fun to hate most
everybody without remorse.

nate

The Real Bev

Nov 15, 2004, 3:34:18 PM11/15/04
Norm wrote:

> ... You could kill every Muslim in the

> world, but if you don't figure out why they are angry, other groups will
> take their place. The next bunch may be even angrier or better organized.

If they're better organized they'll have their own lives and won't have
to screw with ours.

--
Cheers,
Bev

AH

Nov 15, 2004, 3:52:30 PM11/15/04

> Norm wrote:
>
>> ... You could kill every Muslim in the
>> world, but if you don't figure out why they are angry, other groups will
>> take their place. The next bunch may be even angrier or better organized.
>
> If they're better organized they'll have their own lives and won't have
> to screw with ours.

I'm sure they say the same thing back to you.. I can guarantee you that you
screw more with their lives than they do with yours.. and we're not just
talking post-September 11

Jay Pique

Nov 15, 2004, 4:01:34 PM11/15/04
On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 17:37:26 GMT, "Norm" <normgr...@yahoo.ca>
wrote:

>"Jay Pique" <JayP...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>>I think you are mistaken.
>>
>> You lost me right here.
>>
>Sorry. I'll try to type slower in future.
>The problem is the average American is more comfortable not believing the
>people who run his/her country are doing what they are doing elswhere in the
>world. You seem to be a prime example.

I believe the people who run my country are doing what they are
actually (in reality) doing elsewhere in the world. It's not a
"comfort" thing - they're either "doing" something or they're "not
doing" something. What I don't believe is that there is an "evil
core" of America set out to fuck with other countries. You seem to be
a prime example of someone who believes that there_is_an evil core
etc.... That's really deep. You watch any Bond flicks lately?

>As long as you keep your head buried
>in the sand and continue to elect people whose primarly goal is to maintain
>the military industrial complex at any cost, people from other parts of the
>world will continue to defend themselves.

"Maintain the military industrial complex at any cost!" What a
soundbite. Keep track of how many times you trot that one out at
cocktail parties there Normie. With regard to people defending
themselves, that's sort of what we're doing, albeit proactively, and
occasionally on behalf of those who can't do it themselves.

> You could kill every Muslim in the
>world

Please. Every single Muslim?

>, but if you don't figure out why they are angry, other groups will
>take their place. The next bunch may be even angrier or better organized.

Who's they? UBL and frineds? Fuck 'em. We're angry too.

JP
*******************
OH CANADAAAAAH!

AH

Nov 15, 2004, 4:01:46 PM11/15/04

"uglymoney" <nouglym...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I understand your point, and maybe what I have to say really doesn't help
matters.. I didn't mean to come across as being radical, and I don't think
what I've said is.. I am not pro-Osama or anti American, and I think some
people here have really over reacted..

The rest of the world is pretty angry, but then again, I'm pretty sure half
of America is as well.. and like you, I'm going to try not to post about
this subject in this newsgroup again because it really is off topic..

Jay Pique

Nov 15, 2004, 4:04:06 PM11/15/04
On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 15:33:12 GMT, "AH" <n...@one.com> wrote:

>"Jay Pique" <JayP...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> Actually, it looks like_you_and him (Osama) are on the same page. If you're

>> at all representative the anti-American sentiment in the world, I
>> really am fucking glad we're bucking the trend.
>
>Whose bucking the trend?

What trend? Who's whose?

JP
*******************
Semi-literate debate on demand.

lal_truckee

Nov 15, 2004, 4:33:31 PM11/15/04
AH wrote:
> "The Real Bev" <bas...@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
>
>>AH wrote:
>>
>>>"The Real Bev" <bas...@myrealbox.com> wrote:
>>
>>If the parts don't make sense, then eventually the whole thing doesn't
>>make sense. Which parts of the speech were correct? If he'd said
>>something simple like "Leave Islam alone or we will kill you," he could
>>have saved a lot of time and trouble. Then we could just say "We ARE
>>leaving it alone, we just don't care. Go away and stop bothering us."
>>and we could all get on with our lives.
>

> Are you for real? There is no region in this earth that America has "not
> left alone" more than the middle east..
>
> From trying to overthrow the government of Iran,

Actually, America DID overthrow the government of Iran - had do ya think
Shah Mohammed Reza Pahlavi came to occupy the Peacock throne?

On Topic - I figure they did it because the CIA guys in Iran wanted to
go skiing - the Shah developed the ski resorts; skiing was a moderately
big thing among the wealthy. Bring back Iranian Skiing!

Jay Pique

Nov 15, 2004, 5:48:55 PM11/15/04
On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 21:01:46 GMT, "AH" <n...@one.com> wrote:

>I understand your point, and maybe what I have to say really doesn't help
>matters.. I didn't mean to come across as being radical, and I don't think
>what I've said is.. I am not pro-Osama or anti American, and I think some
>people here have really over reacted..

Overreacting? On USENET?! Never.

>The rest of the world is pretty angry, but then again, I'm pretty sure half
>of America is as well.. and like you, I'm going to try not to post about
>this subject in this newsgroup again because it really is off topic..

Yeah, you're right.

Apologies, etc...

JP
*****************
Apathy resumed.

Dmitry

Nov 15, 2004, 6:27:31 PM11/15/04

"Jay Pique" <JayP...@hotmail.com> wrote

> In all honesty I'm sort of afraid that I'm just not going to be able
> to cut myself off from enough media sources to prevent myself from
> going postal the next time someone launches into their "fantasy
> football", "COURT TV" or "My Big Fat Idiot Brain" story.

Throw away your television
Time to make this clean decision
Master waits for it's collision now
It's a repeat of a story told
It's a repeat and it's getting old

Throw away your television
Make a break big intermission
Recreate your super vision now
It's a repeat of a story told
It's a repeat and it's getting old

[chorus:]
Renegades with fancy gauges
Slay the plague for it's contagious
Pull the plug and take the stages
Throw away your television now

Throw away your television
Take the noose off your ambition
Reinvent your intuition now
It's a repeat of a story told
It's a repeat and it's getting old

[chorus]

Throw away your television
Salivate to repetition
Levitate this ill condition now
It's a repeat

> Is it me? If I get to the point where the bulk of 260 million people
> say I'm a dick, maybe I should start thinking "it is".
>
> BUT, what if I'm just one of the_enlightened_ones? How do you know?
> Or better yet, how do you WIN?

If you want to WIN, you're definitely not enlightened :)

Robert Swindells

Nov 15, 2004, 6:42:24 PM11/15/04
On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 13:33:31 -0800, lal_truckee wrote:

> On Topic - I figure they did it because the CIA guys in Iran wanted to
> go skiing - the Shah developed the ski resorts; skiing was a moderately
> big thing among the wealthy. Bring back Iranian Skiing!

They have brought it back, there are FIS races in Iran.

Robert Swindells

Message has been deleted

pigo

Nov 15, 2004, 6:33:04 PM11/15/04

"Dmitry" <dakh...@liquidhome.com> wrote in message

> If you want to WIN, you're definitely not enlightened :)

At least that's what the unenlightened say.

Dmitry

Nov 15, 2004, 10:39:09 PM11/15/04

"pigo" <pigopow...@yahoo.com> wrote

>> If you want to WIN, you're definitely not enlightened :)
>
> At least that's what the unenlightened say.

That's a good one, thanks!

bdubya

Nov 16, 2004, 10:22:02 AM11/16/04

The women tend to clock REALLY slow times, right? Something to do
with the aerodynamics of the chador.

bw

Jeremy Mortimer

Nov 17, 2004, 3:46:14 AM11/17/04
bdubya <bdu...@interaccess.com> wrote in

My GF worked in Iran for a couple of weeks last spring, and got to go
skiing. From the pictures you would hardly know there are rules, other than
that all the women at least wore a hat. I guess a helmet might serve,
though I suspect a skin-tight racing suit might not!

Jeremy

A. B. Normal

Nov 19, 2004, 3:29:55 PM11/19/04
"Norm" <normgr...@yahoo.ca> wrote in

> The problem is the average American is more comfortable not believing
> the people who run his/her country are doing what they are doing
> elswhere in the world. You seem to be a prime example. As long as you
> keep your head buried in the sand and continue to elect people whose
> primarly goal is to maintain the military industrial complex at any
> cost, people from other parts of the world will continue to defend
> themselves. You could kill every Muslim in the world, but if you don't
> figure out why they are angry, other groups will take their place. The
> next bunch may be even angrier or better organized.

So what flavor kool-aid are they serving you today?

MH

Nov 28, 2004, 12:01:12 AM11/28/04
"The Real Bev" <bas...@myrealbox.com> wrote in message

> Anybody know if Osama (ob)skis?

Not sure, but I bet that dirty nightshirt would get in the way.

Martha

MH

Nov 28, 2004, 10:24:47 AM11/28/04
"AH" <n...@one.com> wrote in message

> I'm saying the tactics used in the middle east are dispicable.. our (and
not
> just the US, but a lot of other nations that include ones that I belong
to)
> way of doing business over there is wrong, and if we honestly put
ourselves
> in their position, I think you would agree..

Well that's good, considering the Oil for Food program by the UN is the most
despicable , corrupted shell game I've seen.

> I hope I don't sound anti-american.. I really am not..

I'm late to this thread, but you really did sound extremely anti-American to
me. You blamed 911 on those who were murdered. (!!!) No, you should blame it
on those who slashed the throats of flight attendants. You should blame it
on those who think they're going to get 72 virgins in *heaven* after
completing these senseless murders. I don't give a rat's ass what countries
have done, there is no excuse for murdering people just trying to make a
living. But it's all in the name if jihad, so it's ok, right? Methinks
you've been watching Aljazeera (sp?) too much. I travel to Europe every
year. If the only news you're getting about the Iraq war and the continuing
War on Terrorism (which Iraq is indeed a part of) is from European news,
then you are only getting a small part of it.

It is time to expand your information past the old world jelousy for the US.
That's right, Europe is so green with envy over the success of the US that
they see nothing else.

and if I was, I
> wouldn't be touring your country for 3 weeks next month..

dunno, I seem to run into a lot of Euros who don't like the US, but they
certainly like our resources. : )

in fact, every
> time I am in the US, I find that the people are the most friendly and
> welcoming people anywhere in the world.. and I have travelled quite a
bit..
> however, I do also find that most do not care about anything that happens
> beyond their borders, and beyond what concerns them directly.. and I
believe
> this is what is turning your country into a place that most people in the
> world would not like...

That's precisely where you don't have an understanding of America.
Throughout our history as a world leader we have continually helped other
countries. To be sure, we have to pick and choose, because unlike what
Europe thinks, we cannot save everyone. How many wars has France won and
then helped out the losing country? (trick question...heh heh.) Maybe we're
just a little sick and tired of snotty attitude by a lot of Euros. Maybe a
lot of us are worried what will happen to our own country because other
secondary world powers are busy with crooked deals by the Oil for Food
program and other atrocities committed by the UN.

> That was really my point here..

Point made, it's wrong, but there ya go. Spend some time in New York City;
talk to people who have had loved ones die on 911. Tell them it's their own
country's fault. And then run like hell, because they won't stand for that
bullshit.

Martha