Holiday World's Plymouth Cafe menu!

anonymous

Apr 30, 2007, 11:42:07 PM4/30/07
Maybe I missed the news, but it looks like the Plymouth Cafe's menu at
Holiday World has now been posted on their website!

http://www.holidayworld.com/food.html

Plymouth Rock Café (Thanksgiving section, Opening May 19, 2007)
Please note: Menu and prices subject to change

Adult Entrée with 3 Sides $7.49
Child Entrée with 2 Sides $5.49
Entrées: Your choice of Ham, Turkey, Rotisserie Chicken, Fried Chicken,
Turkey sandwich w/chips, Ham sandwich w/chips, or Salad; Entrées include
your choice of white roll or cornbread muffin
Sides: Your choice of Mashed Potatoes, Macaroni & Cheese, Green Beans,
Roasted Corn, Baked Apples, Creamy Slaw, Cottage Cheese, Beets, Cranberry-
Cherry Gelatin, Glazed Bananas
Desserts: Your choice of Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Cheesecake, Apple Pie, Pecan
Pie, Fudge Brownie, or Pudding Parfait $2.

Yum...can't wait til HoliWood Nights! Looks like we'll be the first if
their opening date is right! I know where I'm having lunch on Saturday!

Bill B.

May 1, 2007, 7:35:03 AM5/1/07

"anonymous" <fa...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Maybe I missed the news, but it looks like the Plymouth Cafe's menu at
> Holiday World has now been posted on their website!
>
> http://www.holidayworld.com/food.html
>
> Plymouth Rock Café (Thanksgiving section, Opening May 19, 2007)
> Please note: Menu and prices subject to change
>
> Adult Entrée with 3 Sides $7.49
> Child Entrée with 2 Sides $5.49
> Entrées: Your choice of Ham, Turkey, Rotisserie Chicken, Fried Chicken,
> Turkey sandwich w/chips, Ham sandwich w/chips, or Salad; Entrées include
> your choice of white roll or cornbread muffin
> Sides: Your choice of Mashed Potatoes, Macaroni & Cheese, Green Beans,
> Roasted Corn, Baked Apples, Creamy Slaw, Cottage Cheese, Beets, Cranberry-
> Cherry Gelatin, Glazed Bananas
> Desserts: Your choice of Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Cheesecake, Apple Pie, Pecan
> Pie, Fudge Brownie, or Pudding Parfait $2.

Sounds wonderful, but let's see... I think I could eat the Turkey (no
gravy) and the green beans out of that entire list. Wish some park would
add a Gluten-free menu for people like myself with Celiac/Sprue. Otherwise,
it makes going to a park (that you can't bring food into) a real hassle.

Sorry, that's my soapbox du jour.

Raven Maven

May 1, 2007, 9:01:07 AM5/1/07
> it makes going to a park (that you can't bring food into) a real hassle.

Bill: Email, me, please...

Paula

Keith Hopkins

May 1, 2007, 10:46:55 AM5/1/07
"Raven Maven" <f...@holidayworld.com> wrote in message

>> it makes going to a park (that you can't bring food into) a real hassle.
>
> Bill: Email, me, please...
>
> Paula

Now THAT is customer service.

--
Keith Hopkins
suss...@sssssssssgmail.ssssssssscom

Rastus O'Ginga

May 1, 2007, 1:25:58 PM5/1/07
On May 1, 9:46 am, "Keith Hopkins"

<sussk...@sssssssssgmail.ssssssssscom> wrote:
> "Raven Maven" <f...@holidayworld.com> wrote in message

> >> it makes going to a park (that you can't bring food into) a real hassle.
>
> > Bill: Email, me, please...
>
> > Paula
>
> Now THAT is customer service.

No it's not, it's two friends talking on RRC. Other very valid
requests and comments are ignored with prejudice by the same park.

-r

Keith Hopkins

May 1, 2007, 3:58:24 PM5/1/07
"Rastus O'Ginga" <ras...@kingwoodcable.net> wrote in message

[rolls eyes]

Montu

May 1, 2007, 6:38:20 PM5/1/07
On May 1, 9:46 am, "Keith Hopkins"
<sussk...@sssssssssgmail.ssssssssscom> wrote:
> "Raven Maven" <f...@holidayworld.com> wrote in message

> >> it makes going to a park (that you can't bring food into) a real hassle.
>
> > Bill: Email, me, please...
>
> > Paula
>
> Now THAT is customer service.
>
> --
> Keith Hopkins
> sussk...@sssssssssgmail.ssssssssscom

> [clear up the hissing to email]
> "Career experts say you should dress for the job you want, not the
> job you have. I hope there's no law about dressing like a Pope."
> Scott Adams, on his plan for sainthood

I'm sure any second now Six Flags will email Bill to help as well.

Any second now.

Any second....

.... ?

Bill B.

May 1, 2007, 9:37:39 PM5/1/07
> "Rastus O'Ginga" wrote:
> >
> > No it's not, it's two friends talking on RRC. Other very valid
> > requests and comments are ignored with prejudice by the same park.

> Keith Hopkins
> [rolls eyes]

Damn, I'm surprised that Rastus let that one post without a mention of The
Dems/The Libs, the War in Iraq, the ACE Executive Committee, or those
pampered "A-Listers"

I'm feeling quite unsatisfied right about now....
:-)

Greg Legowski

May 1, 2007, 9:45:53 PM5/1/07
"Bill B." <w.buc...@verizon.delete.net> wrote in
> Sounds wonderful, but let's see... I think I could eat the Turkey (no
> gravy) and the green beans out of that entire list. Wish some park
> would add a Gluten-free menu for people like myself with Celiac/Sprue.

You're not alone in that, Bill. I have celiac disease as well (in addition
to Type 1 Diabetes -- once your immune system starts misidentifying "self"
the conditions start racking up)

In addition to the turkey (no gravy) and green beans, I'll bet the corn,
cottage cheese, and possibly beets are safe, to name a few more.

Agreed that it's a pain to eat at the parks at times. Now add in that I
don't eat red meat and my options narrow even more...

--Greg

Bill B.

May 1, 2007, 10:01:48 PM5/1/07
"Greg Legowski" wrote:
> > Sounds wonderful, but let's see... I think I could eat the Turkey (no
> > gravy) and the green beans out of that entire list. Wish some park
> > would add a Gluten-free menu for people like myself with Celiac/Sprue.
>
> You're not alone in that, Bill. I have celiac disease as well (in
addition
> to Type 1 Diabetes -- once your immune system starts misidentifying "self"
> the conditions start racking up)
>

> In addition to the turkey (no gravy) and green beans, I'll bet the corn,
> cottage cheese, and possibly beets are safe, to name a few more.
>
> Agreed that it's a pain to eat at the parks at times. Now add in that I
> don't eat red meat and my options narrow even more...
>
> --Greg

Let me say that Plymouth Cafe sounds like another winner (like Kringle's
Kafe). Park restaurants where you and your family can sit down, relax, and
have a meal are quite common in Europe, but seldom in America (Universal and
the two Busch parks are some of the very few that come to mind).

My condition went undiagnosed for 25 years. Now that doctors actually know
how to test for celiac, it's becoming quite a more common affair. It's a
valid topic relating to the amusement park experience -- but it really
deserves it's own base thread.

So -- Apologies to Paula for hijacking her thread!!

-Bill

Rastus O'Ginga

May 1, 2007, 10:13:49 PM5/1/07

Well, you whined about a specific issue for you, wanting pampering,
and were then personally asked by the park to contact them to discuss
a resolution. You do the math.

mamoosh

May 1, 2007, 10:52:15 PM5/1/07
On May 1, 7:13 pm, Rastus O'Ginga <rast...@kingXXwoodXXXcable.net>
wrote:

> Well, you whined about a specific issue for you, wanting pampering,
> and were then personally asked by the park to contact them to discuss
> a resolution. You do the math.

With all due respect Jason I doubt Bill is the only one who is
affected by the condition he mentioned. Actually I know he's not as
Greg L also chimed in that he has the same thing. I would suspect
others do as well. Maybe the park wished to get more info in case they
want to offer some alternative menu items? At least that's how MY math
adds up.

Obviously your math varies.

mamoosh

May 1, 2007, 10:52:20 PM5/1/07
wrote:

> Well, you whined about a specific issue for you, wanting pampering,

> and were then personally asked by the park to contact them to discuss
> a resolution. You do the math.

With all due respect Jason I doubt Bill is the only one who is

Rastus O'Ginga

May 2, 2007, 12:14:28 AM5/2/07

If you believe HW is wanting to have menu items available for every
gastrointestinal ailment a visitor may have, I guess we'll just have
to disagree.

I wonder if they have a special tofu turkey that won't cast a shadow
available for vegans.

What about a sweet tasting drink available in the Pepsi Oasis' for
diabetics allergic to aspartame and sucralose.

Or hey, while we're at it, perhaps they should offer stereo full
circuit sound recordings of their coasters for blind visitors. Naaah,
that's just crazy talk.

You're right, I'm sure Paula would answer just about anyone's dietary
questions posted on RRC within a few hours, it had nothing to do with
it being Buck.

-r

Brian Szaks

May 2, 2007, 12:32:06 AM5/2/07
For anyone that was as clueless as I was:

http://www.medicinenet.com/celiac_disease/page3.htm

mamoosh

May 2, 2007, 12:45:42 AM5/2/07
On May 1, 9:14 pm, Rastus O'Ginga <rast...@kingXXwoodXXXcable.net>
wrote:

> If you believe HW is wanting to have menu items available for every

> gastrointestinal ailment a visitor may have, I guess we'll just have
> to disagree.

I said MAYBE it was why she asked him to contact her. It was a guess.
But I don't know the reason she asked. It might have had absolutely
nothing to do with the subject of the thread.

So our mileage varies. I'm OK with that :-)

Keith Hopkins

May 2, 2007, 7:43:01 AM5/2/07
"Rastus O'Ginga" <ras...@kingXXwoodXXXcable.net> wrote in message

> Well, you whined about a specific issue for you, wanting pampering,
> and were then personally asked by the park to contact them to discuss
> a resolution. You do the math.

Rastus + panties = twist

Bill B.

May 2, 2007, 7:54:40 AM5/2/07

"Rastus O'Ginga" wrote:
> If you believe HW is wanting to have menu items available for every
> gastrointestinal ailment a visitor may have, I guess we'll just have
> to disagree.
>
> I wonder if they have a special tofu turkey that won't cast a shadow
> available for vegans.

What you obviously don't understand here is (and I'm not even sure why I'm
bothering?) -- vegans are a choice. Celiac is not -- it's hereditary; we
are born this way. Oh, and the link that Brian Szaks posted? What it
doesn't tell you is that this is not an ailment - it's a life-threatening
auto-immune disease. Reference Joe C from the band Kid Rock who died from
Celiac.

So realize for me and Greg, it's not about a CHOICE, but rather, it's a
requirement. One screw up at a park could have serious repercussions. But
in typical Rastus fashion, I'm sure you'd rather focus on the concept of
someone getting special treatment, as that sort of falls in line with your
whole A-List manifesto.

:-\

Rastus O'Ginga

May 2, 2007, 9:34:42 AM5/2/07
On May 2, 6:54 am, "Bill B." <w.buckl...@verizon.delete.net> wrote:

> What you obviously don't understand here is (and I'm not even sure why I'm
> bothering?) -- vegans are a choice. Celiac is not -- it's hereditary; we
> are born this way. Oh, and the link that Brian Szaks posted? What it
> doesn't tell you is that this is not an ailment - it's a life-threatening
> auto-immune disease. Reference Joe C from the band Kid Rock who died from
> Celiac.

What you obviously don't understand is that it's your responsibility
to take care of your dietary needs. To think HW should alter their
menu for a fairly rare medical problem is insane. But, you're showing
your true liberal colors, and A-list mentality, by expecting the park
to cater to your every whim.

> So realize for me and Greg, it's not about a CHOICE, but rather, it's a
> requirement. One screw up at a park could have serious repercussions. But
> in typical Rastus fashion, I'm sure you'd rather focus on the concept of
> someone getting special treatment, as that sort of falls in line with your
> whole A-List manifesto.

It's not the "getting" special treatment. It's EXPECTING special
treatment.

-r

Rastus O'Ginga

May 2, 2007, 9:39:32 AM5/2/07

Why didn't she just e-mail him then? WHy post on Usenet for someone
else that you know is reading the post, whose e-mail address you know,
to e-mail you? That's just crazy isn't it? Unless they are trying to
get someone to comment about what a great job they are doing with PR.

-r

Greg Legowski

May 2, 2007, 10:11:02 AM5/2/07
Rastus O'Ginga <ras...@kingwoodcable.net> wrote:
> What you obviously don't understand is that it's your responsibility
> to take care of your dietary needs. To think HW should alter their
> menu for a fairly rare medical problem is insane. But, you're showing
> your true liberal colors, and A-list mentality, by expecting the park
> to cater to your every whim.

We're not talking about ALTERING the menu -- we're talking about knowing
what's IN the foods being offered. And celiac disease is hardly a
"rare" condition -- it's estimated that roughly 1 in every 130 people has
it, most of them undiagnosed. That's far more common than many
conditions that DO get special treatment. And that's not even factoring
in OTHER conditions that are at least partially treated by avoiding
gluten, such as autism.

Take a look around you, Rastus. "Gluten-free" is EVERYWHERE. Major
restaraunt chains such as PF Changs and Outback now offer gluten-free
menus. Hell, even Busch offers a gluten-free beer these days. It's not
"special treatment", it's smart business identifying a largely untapped
market.

Greg Legowski

May 2, 2007, 10:11:53 AM5/2/07

> Why didn't she just e-mail him then? WHy post on Usenet for someone
> else that you know is reading the post, whose e-mail address you know,
> to e-mail you? That's just crazy isn't it? Unless they are trying to
> get someone to comment about what a great job they are doing with PR.

Or she realizes that there are many other people in the same situation who
might benefit.

Brian Szaks

May 2, 2007, 10:57:53 AM5/2/07
Bill B. wrote:
>>> With all due respect Jason I doubt Bill is the only one who is
>>> affected by the condition he mentioned. Actually I know he's not as
>>> Greg L also chimed in that he has the same thing. I would suspect
>>> others do as well. Maybe the park wished to get more info in case they
>>> want to offer some alternative menu items? At least that's how MY math
>>> adds up.
>>>
>>> Obviously your math varies.
>

> "Rastus O'Ginga" wrote:
>> If you believe HW is wanting to have menu items available for every
>> gastrointestinal ailment a visitor may have, I guess we'll just have
>> to disagree.
>>
>> I wonder if they have a special tofu turkey that won't cast a shadow
>> available for vegans.
>
> What you obviously don't understand here is (and I'm not even sure why I'm
> bothering?) -- vegans are a choice. Celiac is not -- it's hereditary; we
> are born this way. Oh, and the link that Brian Szaks posted? What it
> doesn't tell you is that this is not an ailment - it's a life-threatening
> auto-immune disease.

yes it did. There were like... 10 pages of information, and it was in there.

Brian Szaks

May 2, 2007, 11:03:09 AM5/2/07
While we are at it, lets screw the gimps too. F-em. Lets take all the
ramps away so they can never go anywhere. Why give them special
treatment? And the whole beeping stoplights? What use is that? A waste
of taxpayers money. Let the blind get hit by cars! Its not your, totally
able body's concern.

A portion of this countries pride is being passionate to others and
their needs and concerns. If it were not the case, we would be nothing
but a small minded middle eastern country with strict rules and no
happiness of life..

Then again, you would be stoked, I guess, seeing as how you are a
straight white male.

Rastus O'Ginga

May 2, 2007, 2:40:10 PM5/2/07
On May 2, 9:11 am, Greg Legowski <gDrIeEgSlPe...@DgIrEegleg.com>
wrote:

WOW, this has quickly devolved into a "Rastus CAN'T be right, attack!"
thread. The same HW menu page lists nothing about vegetarian food or
even sugar free food. Yet you think they should have gluten free
food?

This just boggles the mind.

-r

Rastus O'Ginga

May 2, 2007, 2:44:30 PM5/2/07
On May 2, 9:57 am, Brian Szaks <estop...@cfl.rr.com> wrote:

> yes it did. There were like... 10 pages of information, and it was in there.- Hide quoted text -

OMFG! What does that have to do with anything. THis isn't about
whether or not an ailment is serious. We ALL have our problems. But,
that is not HW's problem. Pretty soon you'll say the airlines should
stop handing out wheat crackers because there may be someone with
Celiac on the plane.

-r

Rastus O'Ginga

May 2, 2007, 2:52:15 PM5/2/07
On May 2, 10:03 am, Brian Szaks <estop...@cfl.rr.com> wrote:

> While we are at it, lets screw the gimps too. F-em. Lets take all the
> ramps away so they can never go anywhere. Why give them special
> treatment? And the whole beeping stoplights? What use is that? A waste
> of taxpayers money. Let the blind get hit by cars! Its not your, totally
> able body's concern.

You are really comparing Celiac to being physically handicapped or
blind? Dude, it's time for a reality check. I can't really even post
a rebuttal to something like that. I'll take Celiac over being blind
any day. We all have our issues. I'm color blind, but I don't expect
Holiday World, and the entire World, to stop using green and red
colors together because I have a hard time reading signs then.

> A portion of this countries pride is being passionate to others and
> their needs and concerns. If it were not the case, we would be nothing
> but a small minded middle eastern country with strict rules and no
> happiness of life..

And our insane political correctness is destroying this country.

> Then again, you would be stoked, I guess, seeing as how you are a
> straight white male.

Yeah, us SWM's have life so easy. I just got my latest million dollar
check from Halliburton, so it's off to Vegas for a weekend of gambling
and having sex with white women.

-r

Brian Szaks

May 2, 2007, 2:57:10 PM5/2/07
aaah, that's why you are bitter..

Brian Szaks

May 2, 2007, 2:58:39 PM5/2/07
such a small minded theory on life.

Andrew Brawley

May 2, 2007, 4:02:49 PM5/2/07
"Rastus O'Ginga", 20 October, 2003

"Good Lord, Rollercoaster! used to be a great mag, and the main reason
I stay in ACE. Starting with the last issue, the full color has meant
the pictures are terrible. I did notice others have complained about
the busyness which ruined the last Guide to Ride was also bogging down
Rollercoaster!

But, man, the colors just suck ass! Look at the picture on page 17.
That makes the 2001 calander look good. The color graphics are
fine, but the photos blow."

> On May 2, 10:03 am, Brian Szaks <estop...@cfl.rr.com> wrote:

>I'm color blind, but I don't expect
> Holiday World, and the entire World, to stop using green and red
> colors together because I have a hard time reading signs then.

(?)

Andrew Brawley

fade out to reply

David F

May 2, 2007, 5:03:31 PM5/2/07
On 1 May 2007 06:01:07 -0700, Raven Maven <f...@holidayworld.com>
wrote:

>> it makes going to a park (that you can't bring food into) a real hassle.
>
>Bill: Email, me, please...
>
>Paula

Well now that this simple reach out from Paula has exploded into
another controversy, I thought I'd add in my 2 cents both as a
physician and as someone with his own dietary restrictions:

There are a lot of conditions where people need to be careful with
what they eat:

Diabetics need sugar free

Hypertensives need salt free

Hypertriglycideremics and Hypercholesterolemics need fat and
cholesterol free

Celiac Sprue needs gluten free

Lactose intolerant needs dairy free

Migraineurs need a whole variety of things depending on the individual
such as no caffeine, chocolate, nitrates, etc

Then there are all the food allergies, especially dangerous ones such
as peanut.

People with phenylketonuria and other inborn errors of metabolism must
eat special food there whole lives- food especially prepared and known
not to have the life threatening amino acid in question.

Then if you add in lifestyle choices like any degree of vegetarianism
or religious restrictions such as Halal or Kosher, and consider
combinations of any of them, you have an unwieldy mess of special
needs among individuals.

The problem comes in when you mix any of these people with a gated
venue that does not allow in outside food. How bad a problem depends
on how varied, and how well publicized, are the menu options.

Unfortunately for the venues, even if they bend over backwards for any
one of these issues, the restrictions don'tt travel alone.

For example. people with metabolic disease often have a combination of
diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. These people know
all to well that almost all sugar free options are full of fat and
salt, fat free options are full of carbs and salt, and salt free
options are full of carbs and fat. Woe if that person is also a
Migraineur or has sprue or keeps Kosher.

For me, I need sugar and caffeine free in my soda. I am often faced
with a choice in a park of Sprite/7-Up or Diet Coke/Pepsi each of
which only serves half the need. I have complemented Will and Pat
before on Holiday World's having Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi in the
oases. But I digress...

What is to be expected from a park like Holiday World, who I honestly
believe, after looking at the food offerings park-wide, wants to offer
a reasonable selection of varied food across the park to satisfy many
palates?

They can't honestly be expected to offer something for every
permutation of dietary restriction. that is unwieldy and a bad
business model.

Even hospitals don't do this. If you have a restriction and are
admitted, your doctor will be able to order a diet specific to your
needs and it will be prepared and delivered to your bedside. Just
don't expect such service if you are a visitor and go to the
cafeteria. Hospital cafeterias are notoriously bad for anyone with a
health reklated dietary restriction.

What I think a park should do is see what are the needs of their
customer base. If they are getting enough people in the gate with
sprue, then certainly make sure multiple food concessions have a
variety of gluten free options and advertise it. Same for diabetes,
food allergies, etc.

You can have the Disney model, where with prior arrangements, the
chefs at a restaurant can cook to your restrictions, or bring in
Kosher food.

You can have exceptions made for cases where special food not
available in the park must be eaten. It's either let such people
bring their food, warn them away from the park and lose their
business, or make them starve during their visit and have bad word of
mouth.

I'm sure their are other options but I'm not able to come up with
them, I'm trying to pack for Spring Con after all.

I'm sure Paula, as a very respectable PR specialist, was reaching out
to see what the situation was and if it was something the park can and
should address.

Now with regards to the Tnaksgiving menu, I have one question:

Where's the stuffing? And the sweet potatoes? ;-)

Regards,
David

Remove NOSPAM to contact me.

Proud to be an Attraction Traveller:
Amusement and Theme Parks
Zoos and Aquaria
Historic Sights
Museums
Urban Centers and Urban Hiking
Unique Commercial Sights
Americana and Kitsch

I know, its a euphemism for "tourist" but I don't care!

Greg Legowski

May 2, 2007, 7:24:23 PM5/2/07
> OMFG! What does that have to do with anything. THis isn't about
> whether or not an ailment is serious. We ALL have our problems. But,
> that is not HW's problem. Pretty soon you'll say the airlines should
> stop handing out wheat crackers because there may be someone with
> Celiac on the plane.

Further demonstrating your sheer ignorance of the issue.

In fact, when it comes to conditions where mere presence IS a threat, such
as peanut allergies, airlines WILL honor requests to not serve the item in
question.

Bill B.

May 2, 2007, 9:34:45 PM5/2/07
"Rastus O'Ginga" wrote:

> What you obviously don't understand is that it's your responsibility
> to take care of your dietary needs. To think HW should alter their
> menu for a fairly rare medical problem is insane. But, you're showing
> your true liberal colors, and A-list mentality, by expecting the park
> to cater to your every whim.
>
> It's not the "getting" special treatment. It's EXPECTING special
> treatment.

Rastus, PLEASE point out that text where I stated this was my expectation?
I think if you go back to my original post, you'll see I was lamenting how
great the new "Thanksgiving" menu at Plymouth Cafe sounded, but noted
how disappointing it was that the options were limited for me.

If you read more into that statement - e.g., I was asking for "EXPECTING
special treatment," that's your problem!

I take care of my dietary needs quite well, thanks. From bringing my
own food to Eastcoaster (when I already paid for the catered meal) to
leaving HW during the middle of the day at last years HWN event -- I take
care of myself and my expectations are not for the park to do this for me.

It's a damn shame that you, once again, took a simple statement and
turned it into a(nother) rathole discussion.

Wolf

May 2, 2007, 11:57:45 PM5/2/07
> So realize for me and Greg, it's not about a CHOICE, but rather, it's a
> requirement. One screw up at a park could have serious repercussions.
> But
> in typical Rastus fashion, I'm sure you'd rather focus on the concept of
> someone getting special treatment, as that sort of falls in line with your
> whole A-List manifesto.
>
> :-\

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you just say a couple of days ago that
you were only recently diagnosed? Presumably, it wasn't going to kill you.

--
|\-/|
<0 0>

Wolf

May 3, 2007, 12:03:44 AM5/3/07
>> OMFG! What does that have to do with anything. THis isn't about
>> whether or not an ailment is serious. We ALL have our problems. But,
>> that is not HW's problem. Pretty soon you'll say the airlines should
>> stop handing out wheat crackers because there may be someone with
>> Celiac on the plane.
>
> Further demonstrating your sheer ignorance of the issue.
>
> In fact, when it comes to conditions where mere presence IS a threat, such
> as peanut allergies, airlines WILL honor requests to not serve the item in
> question.

Don't fly Southwest.

Greg Legowski

May 3, 2007, 8:01:47 AM5/3/07
"Wolf" <bill.b...@gmail.com> wrote in
> Don't fly Southwest.

Even Southwest tries to honor "no peanuts" requests if you ask, although no
airline can GUARANTEE it (for one thing you never know what other pax will
be bringing onboard)

--Greg

Greg Legowski

May 3, 2007, 8:03:15 AM5/3/07
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you just say a couple of days ago
> that you were only recently diagnosed? Presumably, it wasn't going to
> kill you.

Granted, I don't know the specifics of Bill's case. While celiac disease
isn't an instant killer, it DOES lead to long-term effects, from
malnutrition to forms of cancer, which ARE fatal in some cases.

--Greg

Rastus O'Ginga

May 3, 2007, 9:31:22 AM5/3/07
wrote:

> Or she realizes that there are many other people in the same situation who
> might benefit.

Well of course! I'm sure she is an expert on such matters. I'd
expect to see a totally overhauled menu in the next few days. Hell,
they'll probably be the first gluten-free theme park, making people go
to designated areas if they want to eat bread.

It's amazing the lengths you imbeciles go to try and justify
behaviour, all in an effort to combat the evil Rastus.

-r

Rastus O'Ginga

May 3, 2007, 9:36:15 AM5/3/07
On May 2, 3:02 pm, "Andrew Brawley" <fadedj_d...@coasterboys.com>
wrote:

> "Rastus O'Ginga", 20 October, 2003
>
> "Good Lord, Rollercoaster! used to be a great mag, and the main reason
> I stay in ACE. Starting with the last issue, the full color has meant
> the pictures are terrible. I did notice others have complained about
> the busyness which ruined the last Guide to Ride was also bogging down
> Rollercoaster!
>
> But, man, the colors just suck ass! Look at the picture on page 17.
> That makes the 2001 calander look good. The color graphics are
> fine, but the photos blow."
>
> "Rastus O'Ginga" <rast...@kingwoodcable.net> wrote in message

> > On May 2, 10:03 am, Brian Szaks <estop...@cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> >I'm color blind, but I don't expect
> > Holiday World, and the entire World, to stop using green and red
> > colors together because I have a hard time reading signs then.
>
> (?)
>
> Andrew Brawley
>
> fade out to reply

So, you're saying that Dave Althoff, Wolf, Nashville Mike, Tim
Baldwin, and Carole Sanderson are all color blind too? Wow, women are
rarely color blind. That's even rarer than Celiac.

-r

Rastus O'Ginga

May 3, 2007, 9:37:24 AM5/3/07

I know. I've been arguing with myself again. I've got to find a pill
for that.

-r

Rastus O'Ginga

May 3, 2007, 9:48:02 AM5/3/07
> -Wolf

Just more proof that Southwest is ran by smart people, not idiots that
try and react to every sensationalized story. Is there a single
instance of someone dying because someone ate peanuts next to them
(the famous kiss of death story has been debunked)? Better yet, are
there a few dozen, to make it a real issue?

You can buy peanuts in the stores in aiports.

Aren't there a few hundred instances in the past few years of people
dying because Arabs were on the plane with them? Is there an airline
that will honor my wishes for an Arab-free flight?

-r

Rastus O'Ginga

May 3, 2007, 9:49:43 AM5/3/07

Dammit, Wolf. Stop that. Can't you understand that I can NOT be
correct. You throwing out logic is going to prove me right in this
thread.

-r

Rastus O'Ginga

May 3, 2007, 9:54:13 AM5/3/07
On May 3, 7:03 am, Greg Legowski <gDrIeEgSlPe...@DgIrEegleg.com>
wrote:
> "Wolf" <bill.buss...@gmail.com> wrote innews:A-OdnQhOQMxZwKTb...@giganews.com:

HOLY FUCK!!!! You mean Bill might have long term effects, and even
get cancer later in life?!? Oh God, I'm so sorry. I didn't realize
the levity of the situtation. How can he continue on, knowing he
might get cancer some day. I hope he's never smoked or drank, because
that has been linked to cancer in one or two studies.

-r

cfls...@yahoo.com

May 3, 2007, 10:30:16 AM5/3/07

Surfing the net for vacation planning... just learned about Holiday
World's existence, and may want to go there sometime to check it out.

Is there some time when you all on this thread will be there? I think
my group should avoid those dates.

I just want to ride rides, be with cool friendly people, and have
fun.

shannons...@yahoo.com

May 3, 2007, 10:41:41 AM5/3/07
> fun.- Hide quoted text -

As I work in the healthcare/food service industry(I'm a Dietary Aide/
Cook),we had a few people who were on a gluten-free diet. When they
chose their meals,they can only eat certain foods. But we worked with
them on their choices. And,I'm glad that Paula had Bill contacted her
about his diet.

Brian Szaks

May 3, 2007, 2:21:33 PM5/3/07

Or, possibly, she is a good employee and cares about the park AND is
allowing him to make "Meal Requests" like you can at Disney. If you call
Disney and let them know you need kosher meals, they will prepare them.

bpnjensen

May 3, 2007, 2:43:50 PM5/3/07
wrote:
> On 1 May 2007 19:52:15 -0700, mamoosh <msulli...@ntmllc.com> wrote:
>

> >On May 1, 7:13 pm, Rastus O'Ginga <rast...@kingXXwoodXXXcable.net>
> >wrote:
>
> >> Well, you whined about a specific issue for you, wanting pampering,
> >> and were then personally asked by the park to contact them to discuss
> >> a resolution. You do the math.

> >With all due respect Jason I doubt Bill is the only one who is
> >affected by the condition he mentioned. Actually I know he's not as
> >Greg L also chimed in that he has the same thing. I would suspect
> >others do as well. Maybe the park wished to get more info in case they
> >want to offer some alternative menu items? At least that's how MY math
> >adds up.
>
> >Obviously your math varies.
>
> If you believe HW is wanting to have menu items available for every
> gastrointestinal ailment a visitor may have, I guess we'll just have
> to disagree.
>
> I wonder if they have a special tofu turkey that won't cast a shadow
> available for vegans.
>
> What about a sweet tasting drink available in the Pepsi Oasis' for
> diabetics allergic to aspartame and sucralose.
>
> Or hey, while we're at it, perhaps they should offer stereo full
> circuit sound recordings of their coasters for blind visitors. Naaah,
> that's just crazy talk.
>
> You're right, I'm sure Paula would answer just about anyone's dietary
> questions posted on RRC within a few hours, it had nothing to do with
> it being Buck.

Jason - I am a vegetarian, leaning toward vegan, and out of that menu,
I could design myself a nice meal. By choice, by the way. A celiac
could not safely do so, and any number of other persons with analogous
conditions or food allergies could not.

It strikes me that you jumped in here just to start an argument. Why
could you possibly care about the motives of anyone involved? It may
no tbe the park's absolute responsibility to provide for Bill's needs
- but they choose to enter a dialog with him, why would you care? You
still get your turkey and gravy and rolls and stuff...why is it such a
problem for you to see a minority client get a little extra care when
what you eat is aleady served on a silver platter, all the time?

Bruce Jensen

bpnjensen

May 3, 2007, 2:55:35 PM5/3/07
On May 2, 11:52 am, Rastus O'Ginga <rast...@kingwoodcable.net> wrote:
> On May 2, 10:03 am, Brian Szaks <estop...@cfl.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > While we are at it, lets screw the gimps too. F-em. Lets take all the
> > ramps away so they can never go anywhere. Why give them special
> > treatment? And the whole beeping stoplights? What use is that? A waste
> > of taxpayers money. Let the blind get hit by cars! Its not your, totally
> > able body's concern.
>
> You are really comparing Celiac to being physically handicapped or
> blind? Dude, it's time for a reality check. I can't really even post
> a rebuttal to something like that. I'll take Celiac over being blind
> any day. We all have our issues. I'm color blind, but I don't expect
> Holiday World, and the entire World, to stop using green and red
> colors together because I have a hard time reading signs then.

But Jason - it IS a physical handicap! It prevents a person from
being able to fully function in a human world not strictly designed
for him. You're right, they don't owe it to him to change the menu to
suit him - but color blindness in the park probably won't kill you -
and gluten in their food might just kill Bill. There is an order of
magnitude (or more) of difference there, and it might be in everyone's
best interest to at least make sure both sides understand what is OK
to eat and what is not.

> > A portion of this countries pride is being passionate to others and
> > their needs and concerns. If it were not the case, we would be nothing
> > but a small minded middle eastern country with strict rules and no
> > happiness of life..
>
> And our insane political correctness is destroying this country.

Giving a guy a list of ingredients to prevent him from having problems
is not political correctness. Even having a few odds and ends made
gluten-free doesn't fall under this category either. The reality is,
a commercial enterprise that wants to serve its customers' needs is
going to consider the possibilities and act accordingly.

Even if if was poltical correctness, the U.S. is not going to rise or
fall on whether HW decides to provide safe food for celiac sufferers.
Hyperbole doesn't help your case here.

> > Then again, you would be stoked, I guess, seeing as how you are a
> > straight white male.
>
> Yeah, us SWM's have life so easy. I just got my latest million dollar
> check from Halliburton, so it's off to Vegas for a weekend of gambling
> and having sex with white women.

You are a sarcastic fellow, aren't you? Hyperbole again.

I am a SWM, and I think I've had it pretty darned easy. I don't feel
as though anything has EVER been denied to me. I don't mind seeing
others get a few little perks that I have been able to take for
granted...like food that I can trust to eat safely.

Bruce Jensen

nashv...@aol.com

May 3, 2007, 4:21:55 PM5/3/07
Seriously?

I think you need to take a step back into reality here.

First - this group is a rather narrow-spectrum of coaster enthusiasts
and while there are certainly a few individuals who are not what I'd
call of positive character, they do not represent the sum total of
said narrow spectrum of enthusiasts here in rec.roller-coaster nor do
they represent the wider spectrum of coaster enthusiasts overall.

Honestly - if you go to any amusement park on a busy day, you're going
to run into people from all walks of life, with all sorts of
personalities, and likely will end up dealing with or being near folks
who are much "worse" than even the biggest jerk you might read on this
forum.

So I have to question your motives - are you trying to denigrate the
enthusiast community or are you just shocked that strong language and
fights and squabbles exist on the internet?

I don't personally know the poster who offended you, but I've seen him
in parks, and I could pretty much guarantee that you wouldn't even
know if you were standing next to him in line for a ride. The internet
forums, most of them, bring out quite a bit of discussion that is not
always going to be pleasant, called for, or appreciated, but remember
that we live in a country with free speech, and if you start basing
your travel decisions upon one or two internet discussion snippets,
you'll be misled.

Short version - you'll find Holiday World to be a pleasant park, and I
highly doubt even if you were to run into the people in this
discussion who seem to concern you that it would impact your day in
the slightest.

-m

On May 3, 9:30 am, cflsh...@yahoo.com wrote:

> Surfing the net for vacation planning... just learned about Holiday
> World's existence, and may want to go there sometime to check it out.
>
> Is there some time when you all on this thread will be there? I think
> my group should avoid those dates.
>
> I just want to ride rides, be with cool friendly people, and have

Rastus O'Ginga

May 3, 2007, 4:36:12 PM5/3/07
On May 3, 1:55 pm, bpnjensen <bpnjen...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> But Rastus - it IS a physical handicap! It prevents a person from

> being able to fully function in a human world not strictly designed
> for him.

DAMN NEAR EVERYONE HAS A PHYSICAL HANDICAP. The point is, most people
just deal with it and try and blow them out of proportion.

> You're right, they don't owe it to him to change the menu to
> suit him - but color blindness in the park probably won't kill you -
> and gluten in their food might just kill Bill.

Which was an awesome pair of movies, but as Wolf said, since he only
recently knew of the problem, the odds of death are pretty slim, and
probably less than the odds of dying on the way to the park.

> There is an order of
> magnitude (or more) of difference there, and it might be in everyone's
> best interest to at least make sure both sides understand what is OK
> to eat and what is not.

What, order of magnitudes difference between blindness and Celiac?
Yes, I agree.

> > And our insane political correctness is destroying this country.
>
> Giving a guy a list of ingredients to prevent him from having problems
> is not political correctness. Even having a few odds and ends made
> gluten-free doesn't fall under this category either. The reality is,
> a commercial enterprise that wants to serve its customers' needs is
> going to consider the possibilities and act accordingly.

It exactly is PC. Where does it end? GOd know how many special
dietary needs there are in the universe. Does HW have soy milk
available, or how about soy based ice cream. What about peanut free
stuff? Do they offer a lazy river and water slide that is totally
shaded for albinos that may want to visit for the day? What about a
special sized roller coaster in case Larry Bird wants to drop by and
ride.

The fact that you don't see worrying about Celiac for theme park menus
as being PC shows how blinded you have become by it.

> Even if if was poltical correctness, the U.S. is not going to rise or
> fall on whether HW decides to provide safe food for celiac sufferers.
> Hyperbole doesn't help your case here.

It's not hyperbole when the political correctness movement has led us
down the road where Muslims puposely trying to freak people out on an
airplane then sue riders of the plane who got scared and reacted to
the charade. It all starts somewhere. It started with "African
American", and look at it now. Don Imus has to apologize to a
massively racist black person for a 3 word comment that could be aired
on network TV in the first hour of prime time.

If you can't see the PC movement as one large issue absolutely
designed to slowly pick away at the country, you need to switch to
something besides your Kool-Aid.

> > > Then again, you would be stoked, I guess, seeing as how you are a
> > > straight white male.
>
> > Yeah, us SWM's have life so easy. I just got my latest million dollar
> > check from Halliburton, so it's off to Vegas for a weekend of gambling
> > and having sex with white women.
>
> You are a sarcastic fellow, aren't you? Hyperbole again.

Who, the orignal poster? I agree.

> I am a SWM, and I think I've had it pretty darned easy. I don't feel
> as though anything has EVER been denied to me. I don't mind seeing
> others get a few little perks that I have been able to take for
> granted...like food that I can trust to eat safely.
>
> Bruce Jensen

WOW, you're off the chart. You've had an easy life, so of course
theme parks should have to develop special menus for others to be like
you. It's no skin off your back, right? Spoken like a true
socialist.

-r

Rastus O'Ginga

May 3, 2007, 4:39:40 PM5/3/07
On May 3, 1:43 pm, bpnjensen <bpnjen...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Rastus - I am a vegetarian, leaning toward vegan, and out of that menu,

> I could design myself a nice meal.

Huh, you mean you're a vegan AND a socialist. I'm so surprised.

> By choice, by the way. A celiac
> could not safely do so, and any number of other persons with analogous
> conditions or food allergies could not.

Then where are the newspaper reprots of all the dead Celiacs at HW
every year?

> It strikes me that you jumped in here just to start an argument. Why
> could you possibly care about the motives of anyone involved? It may
> no tbe the park's absolute responsibility to provide for Bill's needs
> - but they choose to enter a dialog with him, why would you care?

Because, as most threads like this are, it started with me making one
comment and became a crusade against proving Rastus wrong, even if
that means elevating being Celiac to the level of a make a wish kid at
Disney World.

> You
> still get your turkey and gravy and rolls and stuff...why is it such a
> problem for you to see a minority client get a little extra care when
> what you eat is aleady served on a silver platter, all the time?

You're one scary dude.

-r

bpnjensen

May 3, 2007, 4:51:51 PM5/3/07
On May 3, 1:39 pm, Rastus O'Ginga <rast...@kingwoodcable.net> wrote:
> On May 3, 1:43 pm, bpnjensen <bpnjen...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > Rastus - I am a vegetarian, leaning toward vegan, and out of that menu,
> > I could design myself a nice meal.
>
> Huh, you mean you're a vegan AND a socialist. I'm so surprised.

Socialist has a wide range of variability, and all of us fall in there
some where. I ain't as socialist as a lot of folks I know - I *do*
like private enterprise when it acts responsibly.

> > By choice, by the way. A celiac
> > could not safely do so, and any number of other persons with analogous
> > conditions or food allergies could not.
>
> Then where are the newspaper reprots of all the dead Celiacs at HW
> every year?

Who cares? It isn't really your concern, so why would you know?

> > It strikes me that you jumped in here just to start an argument. Why
> > could you possibly care about the motives of anyone involved? It may
> > no tbe the park's absolute responsibility to provide for Bill's needs
> > - but they choose to enter a dialog with him, why would you care?
>
> Because, as most threads like this are, it started with me making one
> comment and became a crusade against proving Rastus wrong, even if
> that means elevating being Celiac to the level of a make a wish kid at
> Disney World.

No, it started with a nice article about the menu at Holiday World,
followed by Bill opining that he wishes it were easier for a celiac to
identify appropriate foods. Then, you started in as your usual grumpy
and sour-grapified self.

> > You
> > still get your turkey and gravy and rolls and stuff...why is it such a
> > problem for you to see a minority client get a little extra care when
> > what you eat is aleady served on a silver platter, all the time?
>
> You're one scary dude.

LOL! Better scary than paranoid, I guess.

BJ

bpnjensen

May 3, 2007, 5:18:06 PM5/3/07
On May 3, 1:36 pm, Rastus O'Ginga <rast...@kingwoodcable.net> wrote:
> On May 3, 1:55 pm, bpnjensen <bpnjen...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > But Rastus - it IS a physical handicap! It prevents a person from
> > being able to fully function in a human world not strictly designed
> > for him.
>
> DAMN NEAR EVERYONE HAS A PHYSICAL HANDICAP.

Unless you count obesity, I don't think the facts are on your side
there, chief.

> The point is, most people just deal with it and try and blow them out of proportion.<

Like you blowing - no, exploding - this out of proportion?

> > Giving a guy a list of ingredients to prevent him from having problems
> > is not political correctness. Even having a few odds and ends made
> > gluten-free doesn't fall under this category either. The reality is,
> > a commercial enterprise that wants to serve its customers' needs is
> > going to consider the possibilities and act accordingly.
>
> It exactly is PC.

Kooky.

> Where does it end?

It never does! It is here to drive you crazy!

> GOd know how many special
> dietary needs there are in the universe. Does HW have soy milk
> available, or how about soy based ice cream. What about peanut free
> stuff? Do they offer a lazy river and water slide that is totally
> shaded for albinos that may want to visit for the day? What about a
> special sized roller coaster in case Larry Bird wants to drop by and
> ride.

Here come the men in white coats...

> The fact that you don't see worrying about Celiac for theme park menus
> as being PC shows how blinded you have become by it.

The fact that you see a Socialist and PC policeman behind every effort
to help someone be comfortable shows some weird vision problems in
your household, too. Did you ever, EVER stop to think that HW sees
reasonable accommodation of its guests as a good business practice?

Damn - why did I even ask that question? ;-)

> > Even if if was poltical correctness, the U.S. is not going to rise or
> > fall on whether HW decides to provide safe food for celiac sufferers.
> > Hyperbole doesn't help your case here.
>
> It's not hyperbole when the political correctness movement has led us
> down the road where Muslims puposely trying to freak people out on an
> airplane then sue riders of the plane who got scared and reacted to
> the charade.

Are you seriously comparing this to a commercial enterprise providing
good cusotmer service? Where's Rod Serling?

> It all starts somewhere. It started with "African
> American", and look at it now. Don Imus has to apologize to a
> massively racist black person for a 3 word comment that could be aired
> on network TV in the first hour of prime time.

This is irrelevant.

> If you can't see the PC movement as one large issue absolutely
> designed to slowly pick away at the country, you need to switch to
> something besides your Kool-Aid.

You are one paranoid individual.

> > I am a SWM, and I think I've had it pretty darned easy. I don't feel
> > as though anything has EVER been denied to me. I don't mind seeing
> > others get a few little perks that I have been able to take for
> > granted...like food that I can trust to eat safely.
>
> > Bruce Jensen
>
> WOW, you're off the chart.

Projecting.

> You've had an easy life

And a lucky life.

Then, Jason says in the most incongruous manner imaginable...

> so of course
> theme parks should have to develop special menus for others to be like
> you.

WTF? How DOES your logic work anyway? (No wonder we get guys like
Bush in the White House...)

Did I say that? Geez, Jason, I never said they should have to do
ANYTHING. I simply think that if a park wants to help out a customer
with a need, they should be able to do it (and maybe be congratulated)
without being chastised for being accommodating.

> It's no skin off your back, right?

You're right - I have no objection to a service-oriented industry
actually providing service.

> Spoken like a true
> socialist.

I'll let you know when I decide the government should take over the
financial structure and means of production of the United States,
along with all services (that's what a socialist is, after all).

Meanwhile, spoken like a true paranoid right wing reactionary.

Bruce Jensen

Rastus O'Ginga

May 3, 2007, 10:32:43 PM5/3/07
On 3 May 2007 13:21:55 -0700, nashv...@aol.com wrote:

>I don't personally know the poster who offended you, but I've seen him
>in parks, and I could pretty much guarantee that you wouldn't even
>know if you were standing next to him in line for a ride.

Nice how you read this:

**********

Is there some time when you all on this thread will be there? I think
my group should avoid those dates.

**********

And turned it into me offending her.

-r

nashv...@aol.com

May 3, 2007, 11:35:28 PM5/3/07
dude - that post, in tree view, comes directly after yours where you
start swearing.

I think it's pretty obvious to me, in this thread, that you're the
antagonistic one, and I would tend to think if we subtracted your
"contribution" out of it, the person would have never said a thing.

However, while I believe that's the case, I think it's bull that
someone makes a decision about what day to visit a park based upon the
writings of a few people in a narrow cast internet forum, especially
considering the wide variance of personalities found in any park, in
the general public, on, say, any given Saturday in the summer.

-m

Wolf

May 3, 2007, 11:50:29 PM5/3/07
>> > On May 2, 10:03 am, Brian Szaks <estop...@cfl.rr.com> wrote:
>> >I'm color blind, but I don't expect
>> > Holiday World, and the entire World, to stop using green and red
>> > colors together because I have a hard time reading signs then.
>>
>> (?)
>>
>> Andrew Brawley
>>
>> fade out to reply
>
> So, you're saying that Dave Althoff, Wolf, Nashville Mike, Tim
> Baldwin, and Carole Sanderson are all color blind too? Wow, women are
> rarely color blind. That's even rarer than Celiac.
>
> -r

I'm not color-blind, but I've seen Althoff's webpage. You never know about
him.

Wolf

May 3, 2007, 11:54:19 PM5/3/07
>> Don't fly Southwest.
>>
>> -Wolf
>
> Just more proof that Southwest is ran by smart people, not idiots that
> try and react to every sensationalized story. Is there a single
> instance of someone dying because someone ate peanuts next to them
> (the famous kiss of death story has been debunked)? Better yet, are
> there a few dozen, to make it a real issue?
>
> You can buy peanuts in the stores in aiports.
>
> Aren't there a few hundred instances in the past few years of people
> dying because Arabs were on the plane with them? Is there an airline
> that will honor my wishes for an Arab-free flight?
>
> -r

Apparently you can.

http://kutv.com/topstories/topstories_story_072234528.html

Rastus O'Ginga

May 4, 2007, 12:27:17 AM5/4/07
On Thu, 3 May 2007 23:54:19 -0400, "Wolf" <bill.b...@gmail.com>
wrote:

But, as I said earlier, some of those folks are now being sued by
those Imams.

Rastus O'Ginga

Winner of the 2nd Annual C. Montgomery Burns Award for
Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence.

"What an awful dream, 1s and 0s everywhere... I thought I saw a 2." - Bender

ANTI-BED-WETTING-LIBELRAL DISCLAIMER:
The content of this post, and all previous posts made by this user, is 100%
opinion. Any similarity between this post and the truth is purely
coincidental. Anyone who reads this post and draws conclusions about it is
doing so by their choice. How they use those conclusions to direct their
own lives and opinions from that point forward is absolutely a result of
their own cognitive abilities and is in no way related or legally binded to
this poster. NO individual, business entity, or legal authority should use
the content of this post, or any other post by the originator, in whole, or
in part, to assist in making a decision that could affect the lives of any
of the inhabitants of planet Earth, since the content may not be true.

Montu

May 4, 2007, 12:29:47 AM5/4/07
Leave it to ACEers to have 58 posts about a menu.

Wolf

May 4, 2007, 12:33:36 AM5/4/07

"Montu" <Mo...@aol.com> wrote in message

> Leave it to ACEers to have 58 posts about a menu.

You should have seen us go on about spelling.

Ted Ansley

May 4, 2007, 12:41:11 PM5/4/07
I'm glad that someone usually steps in to most of these threads with some
commone sense. This was a very well written summary of the entire spectrum of
those with special diets! Bravo!

Plus, a key point is that businesses CAN'T be expected to cater to every special
diet, they must choose make a decision for each case.

Ted

On Wed, 02 May 2007 21:03:31 GMT, David F <DocD...@NOSPAMworldnet.att.net>
wrote:

> [...]
>
>I'm sure their are other options but I'm not able to come up with
>them, I'm trying to pack for Spring Con after all.
>
>I'm sure Paula, as a very respectable PR specialist, was reaching out
>to see what the situation was and if it was something the park can and
>should address.
>
>Now with regards to the Tnaksgiving menu, I have one question:
>
>Where's the stuffing? And the sweet potatoes? ;-)
>
>Regards,
>David
>

>Remove NOSPAM to contact me.
>
>Proud to be an Attraction Traveller:
>Amusement and Theme Parks
>Zoos and Aquaria
>Historic Sights
>Museums
>Urban Centers and Urban Hiking
>Unique Commercial Sights
>Americana and Kitsch
>
>I know, its a euphemism for "tourist" but I don't care!

--------------------------
Ted Ansley
ans...@usa.com
RollerCoaster Fan<atic>

Andrew Brawley

May 7, 2007, 7:05:50 PM5/7/07

"Rastus O'Ginga" <ras...@kingwoodcable.net> wrote in message

Ummmmm... No.

In fact, I wasn't actually *saying* anything. I was merely expressing (in
what I thought might be construed as a humorous way) my own slight sense of
confusion.

My bad. I was working under the assumption that you had formed an opinion
of your own accord based on your personal observations. How silly of me.

It does strike me as somewhat ironic though to learn that you are color
blind, as so many things seem to appear to you as either black or white.

Rastus O'Ginga

May 7, 2007, 9:38:40 PM5/7/07
On Mon, 7 May 2007 18:05:50 -0500, "Andrew Brawley"
<faded...@coasterboys.com> wrote:

>Ummmmm... No.
>
>In fact, I wasn't actually *saying* anything. I was merely expressing (in
>what I thought might be construed as a humorous way) my own slight sense of
>confusion.
>
>My bad. I was working under the assumption that you had formed an opinion
>of your own accord based on your personal observations. How silly of me.
>
>It does strike me as somewhat ironic though to learn that you are color
>blind, as so many things seem to appear to you as either black or white.

Anyone who knows what color blind is would know you could be color
blind and still notice the horrid color problems in RC! magazine a few
years ago.

In other words, you seem to be so stupid as to think someone who is
color blind sees in black and white only.

Andrew Brawley

May 7, 2007, 10:31:05 PM5/7/07

> On Mon, 7 May 2007 18:05:50 -0500, "Andrew Brawley"
> <faded...@coasterboys.com> wrote:
>

>>Ummmmm... No.
>>
>>In fact, I wasn't actually *saying* anything. I was merely expressing (in
>>what I thought might be construed as a humorous way) my own slight sense
>>of
>>confusion.
>>
>>My bad. I was working under the assumption that you had formed an opinion
>>of your own accord based on your personal observations. How silly of me.
>>
>>It does strike me as somewhat ironic though to learn that you are color
>>blind, as so many things seem to appear to you as either black or white.
>>

> Anyone who knows what color blind is would know you could be color
> blind and still notice the horrid color problems in RC! magazine a few
> years ago.

Any one who knows what color blind is, but isn't themselves would know that
your perception would be markedly different.

> In other words, you seem to be so stupid as to think someone who is
> color blind sees in black and white only.

(Oh for the love of... )

I was speaking METAPHORICALLY. Dear.

Andrew "Don't get your cones and rods in a wad!" Brawley

fade out to reply

GodsOn...@gmail.com

May 8, 2007, 9:56:09 AM5/8/07

You have to remember Bruce, Rastus is a racist with socialistic
tendencies. He really really dislikes free enterprise and would prefer
the government force companies do essentially what he pleases. These
are bad times for him right now, as a good part of his world view has
been obliterated and is openly mocked while the political party who's
wagon he tied himself to is increasingly near disintegration after
raping its own ideals. He's gotta strike out somehow, and goddamnit,
people getting food they want at an amusement park is as good a target
as any.

bpnjensen

May 8, 2007, 12:09:28 PM5/8/07
> as any.- Hide quoted text -

:-) Maybe, or maybe he just feels beleaguered today - but it is
possible to put this into a sensible persective that is going to work
for most people, I think.

The unloved characteristic of political correctness, if I read the
objection(s) correctly, is that it is catering to a specific group of
people for some ostensibly rational purpose, but with the underlying
effect of assuaging their egos so they don't whine and make specious
claims about discrimination. Fair enough - your opinion on this
practice may vary. In theory I don't care for it much myself,
although I don't consider it truly evil.

If a government does it, then there are larger and more pressing
issues to consider; but this isn't the government, it is a private
business...

Businesses have been courting specific groups of customers for
millenia. In the past, it has usually been groups that are wealthy
with money to burn or with special desires that could be taken
advantage of, and nobody ever thought of this as being PC the way we
think of it. Nowadays, customers are courted for other reasons, some
of which could be considered PC in the derogatory sense, I'll grant
you - but not all fall into this category.

My impression of HW talking to someone about a food limitation, in my
view, falls into one of two categories. More cynically, it may be the
act of a business trying make sure its customer is happy so that the
customer will come back and spend more money. Again, this kind of
thing has been done in the past, albeit with wealthy people, and
nobody has ever accused the business of being PC that I know of. It
is the business's prerogative to do so. Within the confines of free
enterprise, it is completely acceptable.

The other catergory, and one that I can not discount based on what I
know about HW's apparent committment to customer happiness, is that
the park is actually concerned about whether they can serve this
customer and ensure that he is comfortable and satisfied, for his
sake. In this case, it would be an act of goodwill - call it charity,
call it compassion, call it kindness or empathy - and whether you dub
it "political" or not, this kind of behavior has always been correct
in the absolute sense.

In fact, in some societies this kind of behavior has been considered
politically INCORRECT, and I for one am thankful that common decency
and consideration of others is more or less acceptable in 21st century
America.

Some have pointed out that parks cannot hope to accommodate everyone's
nutritional requirements. Maybe not, and that's fine - it is not
their obligation. However, that is their cross to bear, their issue
to decide, and if they feel it possible to accommodate a specific user
within the limitations of their operations, and they want to reach out
to that user, it is well within precedent and perfectly acceptable
within the pre-PC traditions of this society.

Bruce Jensen

GodsOn...@gmail.com

May 8, 2007, 12:37:07 PM5/8/07
<snip>

Hate to do it Bruce, but there's a lot of text and its a really simple
concept. Rastus is trying to tie in free enterprise with the war on
terror and illegal immigration, which is quite funny, as its an act
that he is accusing the other side of.

How anyone feels about gluten-free diets or vegetarians or whatever is
really worthless. Seriously, it is. The commercial sector of the US is
indebted to its investors, and its investors want to make money off
their investment. By creating divergent products that serve multiple
markets, you make it so that you can make more money by selling things
to more people. This is not some difficult concept requiring multiple
paragraphs and well thought out shit. Its a basic and obvious fact. To
deny it or say that its wrong to do is to say that you hate free
enterprise and want people to have to purchase certain things to force
an equality. I'm pretty sure even Reaganite Neocons aren't espousing
that. Burger King doesn't sell Garden Burgers for political cache,
they sell them so that people who are vegetarians eat at their
restaurant.

In short, political correctness doesn't even figure in. If you think
it does, you are stupid and you should probably consider death as a
viable alternative to life for yourself and possibly your offspring.
Money figures in, if you can make money catering to people, as the
entirety of the service industry does, catering to more people would
seem to figure in that you can make more money. Hate that, hate
America. I'm sure the Taliban doesn't serve gluten free food at any
establishments they either own, manage, collect "protection" from, or
frequently visit. Perhaps Jason can find a suitable lack of PC
attitude in Afghanistan and leave America for those who like it.

bpnjensen

May 8, 2007, 1:07:55 PM5/8/07

Ooookkaaayy, so I take it you prefer the cynical approach. That's
fine, as long as we both recognize that PC has nothing to do with
it :-)

BJ

GodsOn...@gmail.com

May 8, 2007, 1:29:36 PM5/8/07
> BJ- Hide quoted text -

C'mon, cynicism is like, my gimmick. Its perfectly legitimate though
and totally clear. Adding the usual RAH RAH USA stuff with a logical
front for this is just me turning the knife.

BaSSiStiSt

May 8, 2007, 3:12:29 PM5/8/07

"Montu" <Mo...@aol.com> wrote in message
> Leave it to ACEers to have 58 posts about a menu.

It's like an RRC greatest hits album!

bpnjensen

May 8, 2007, 3:23:52 PM5/8/07
On May 8, 12:12 pm, "BaSSiStiSt" <dreadpirateb...@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:
> "Montu" <M...@aol.com> wrote in message

> > Leave it to ACEers to have 58 posts about a menu.
>
> It's like an RRC greatest hits album!

Also a reflection of the affection felt for this park.

BJ

bpnjensen

May 8, 2007, 3:27:32 PM5/8/07
On May 1, 9:32 pm, Brian Szaks <estop...@cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> For anyone that was as clueless as I was:
>
> http://www.medicinenet.com/celiac_disease/page3.htm

Thanks - Interesting description, but not for the faint of stomach...

BJ

Bill B.

May 21, 2007, 8:25:15 PM5/21/07
"Rastus O'Ginga" <ras...@kingwoodcable.net> wrote:
>> In other words, you seem to be so stupid as to think someone who is
>> color blind sees in black and white only.

Andrew Brawley replied:

>(Oh for the love of... )
>
>I was speaking METAPHORICALLY. Dear.

Hey Rastus,

God darn shame that you couldn't make it to HWN 2007. Besides being a
KILLER event (best of the season to date!), I was really looking forward to
taking you to lunch at the Plymouth Cafe. Denied!! :-( Can I take a rain
check?

Oh, and just so you know that the planets were in alignment for HWN, Andrew
Brawley and I took a sensational front seat, lights out Voyage ride in your
honour! (in between discussions of our leftist liberal agenda, of course)
*wink*

...and here you thought that you weren't loved round here?! MWAH!
:-)

BaSSiStiSt

May 21, 2007, 9:19:01 PM5/21/07

"Bill B." <w.buc...@verizon.delete.net> wrote in message

> ...and here you thought that you weren't loved round here?! MWAH!
> :-)

We found it VERY easy to name the squirrel with the shaggy mullet for a tail
that was hanging around our cabin mooching food...

;-)

Rastus O'Ginga

May 22, 2007, 10:20:12 AM5/22/07
On May 21, 7:25 pm, "Bill B." <w.buckl...@verizon.delete.net> wrote:

> Oh, and just so you know that the planets were in alignment for HWN, Andrew
> Brawley and I took a sensational front seat, lights out Voyage ride in your
> honour! (in between discussions of our leftist liberal agenda, of course)
> *wink*
>
> ...and here you thought that you weren't loved round here?! MWAH!
> :-)

I'm well aware that you folks seem to always have to talk about me.
Funny thing is, I sure don't talk about you knuckleheads on my
vacations.

You can have your Voyage night rides. I'm not a huge fan.

-r

Keith Hopkins

May 22, 2007, 10:46:23 AM5/22/07

> On May 21, 7:25 pm, "Bill B." <w.buckl...@verizon.delete.net> wrote:
>>
>> Oh, and just so you know that the planets were in alignment for HWN,
>> Andrew
>> Brawley and I took a sensational front seat, lights out Voyage ride in
>> your
>> honour! (in between discussions of our leftist liberal agenda, of
>> course)
>> *wink*
>
> I'm well aware that you folks seem to always have to talk about me.
> Funny thing is, I sure don't talk about you knuckleheads on my
> vacations.

That's because they're not nearly the spectacle you are.

--
Keith Hopkins
suss...@sssssssssgmail.ssssssssscom
[clear up the hissing to email]
"Career experts say you should dress for the job you want, not the
job you have. I hope there's no law about dressing like a Pope."
Scott Adams, on his plan for sainthood

Rastus O'Ginga

May 22, 2007, 10:49:09 AM5/22/07
On May 21, 7:25 pm, "Bill B." <w.buckl...@verizon.delete.net> wrote:

> Oh, and just so you know that the planets were in alignment for HWN, Andrew
> Brawley and I took a sensational front seat, lights out Voyage ride in your
> honour! (in between discussions of our leftist liberal agenda, of course)
> *wink*
>
> ...and here you thought that you weren't loved round here?! MWAH!
> :-)

I'm well aware that you folks seem to always have to talk about me.

Funny thing is, I sure don't talk about you knuckleheads on my
vacations.

You can have your Voyage night rides. I'm not a huge fan.

-r

Rastus O'Ginga

May 22, 2007, 12:20:50 PM5/22/07
On May 21, 7:25 pm, "Bill B." <w.buckl...@verizon.delete.net> wrote:

> Oh, and just so you know that the planets were in alignment for HWN, Andrew
> Brawley and I took a sensational front seat, lights out Voyage ride in your
> honour! (in between discussions of our leftist liberal agenda, of course)
> *wink*
>
> ...and here you thought that you weren't loved round here?! MWAH!
> :-)

I'm well aware that you folks seem to always have to talk about me.

Rastus O'Ginga

May 22, 2007, 2:35:56 PM5/22/07
On May 21, 7:25 pm, "Bill B." <w.buckl...@verizon.delete.net> wrote:

> Oh, and just so you know that the planets were in alignment for HWN, Andrew
> Brawley and I took a sensational front seat, lights out Voyage ride in your
> honour! (in between discussions of our leftist liberal agenda, of course)
> *wink*
>
> ...and here you thought that you weren't loved round here?! MWAH!
> :-)

I'm well aware that you folks seem to always have to talk about me.

Rastus O'Ginga

May 22, 2007, 9:24:57 PM5/22/07
On Tue, 22 May 2007 09:46:23 -0500, "Keith Hopkins"
<suss...@sssssssssgmail.ssssssssscom> wrote:

>"Rastus O'Ginga" <ras...@kingwoodcable.net> wrote in message
>> On May 21, 7:25 pm, "Bill B." <w.buckl...@verizon.delete.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> Oh, and just so you know that the planets were in alignment for HWN,
>>> Andrew
>>> Brawley and I took a sensational front seat, lights out Voyage ride in
>>> your
>>> honour! (in between discussions of our leftist liberal agenda, of
>>> course)
>>> *wink*
>>
>> I'm well aware that you folks seem to always have to talk about me.
>> Funny thing is, I sure don't talk about you knuckleheads on my
>> vacations.
>

>That's because they're not nearly the spectacle you are.

Huh? No, it's because I don't dwell on morons on Usenet, I simply
harrass them.

Keith Hopkins

May 23, 2007, 10:46:04 AM5/23/07

> On Tue, 22 May 2007 09:46:23 -0500, "Keith Hopkins"
> <suss...@sssssssssgmail.ssssssssscom> wrote:
>
>>"Rastus O'Ginga" <ras...@kingwoodcable.net> wrote in message
>>> I'm well aware that you folks seem to always have to talk about me.
>>> Funny thing is, I sure don't talk about you knuckleheads on my
>>> vacations.
>>
>>That's because they're not nearly the spectacle you are.
>
> Huh? No, it's because I don't dwell on morons on Usenet, I simply
> harrass them.

I simply harrass them = spectacle.