Remember these mnemonics?

Carl G.

Jan 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/21/99
Try to identify what these mnemonics are used for:

1. Every Good Boy Does Fine.
2. Just remember he's your pal.
3. HOMES
4. STAB
5. ROY G. BIV
6. SOAP

Can you remember any others?

Carl G.

hoch...@rocketmail.com

Jan 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/22/99
In article <78971d$th0$1...@camel15.mindspring.com>,

"My very earnest mother (makes) jelly sandwiches under no pressure."

Never made much sense to me, but it is memorable for some
reason.

Tim Browne

Jan 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/22/99
On Thu, 21 Jan 1999, Carl G. wrote:

> Try to identify what these mnemonics are used for:

SPOILERS

> 1. Every Good Boy Does Fine.

Musical notes on the lines of the staff, treble clef.

> 2. Just remember he's your pal.

No idea.

> 3. HOMES

The Great Lakes - Huron, Ontario, Michigan, Erie, Superiour

> 4. STAB

No idea.

> 5. ROY G. BIV

Colours of the rainbow - Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet.
BTW, Indigo isn't even remotely close to what Indiglow watches would have
you believe.

> 6. SOAP

No idea.

> Can you remember any others?

Here's a few:

FACE
Good Boys Do Fine Always
All Cows Eat Grass
Father Charlie Goes Down And Empties Bottle
Bottle Empty And Down Goes Charlie's Father
FIVEC
VIBGYOR

L8r.

--
Victoria Animart - American Prices, Canadian Currency. | HIT Jedi
http://www.focus-asia.com/home/animart | Use the Force, Mike!

RM Mentock

Jan 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/22/99
hoch...@rocketmail.com wrote:

> "My very earnest mother (makes) jelly sandwiches under no pressure."

My very eager mother just served us nothing. [1]

--
D.

[1] Pluto is being downgraded. Quick, email somebody!

men...@mindspring.com
http://sentient.home.mindspring.com/dan/

robert a moeser

Jan 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/22/99
In article <78971d$th0$1...@camel15.mindspring.com>, "Carl G."
<cgi...@mindspring.com> wrote:

> Can you remember any others?

Biloxi booze rots our young guts but vodka goes well.

Bad boys rape our young girls but Violet goes willingly.

-- rob

Kent Parks

Jan 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/22/99
hoch...@rocketmail.com wrote:
:> 1. Every Good Boy Does Fine.
:> 2. Just remember he's your pal.
:> 3. HOMES

:> 4. STAB
:> 5. ROY G. BIV
:> 6. SOAP
:>
:> Can you remember any others?

[I'm not familiar with #2 and #6, above...]

"I passed my anatomy test."

I used to know a Russian version of "ROY G. BIV" that translates to
"Every good hunter knows where sits the pheasant".

Kent

Wiley Hall

Jan 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/22/99

> Try to identify what these mnemonics are used for:
>
> 1. Every Good Boy Does Fine.
> 2. Just remember he's your pal.
> 3. HOMES
> 4. STAB
> 5. ROY G. BIV
> 6. SOAP

SPOILER

SOAP: Subjective, Objective, Assessment, Plan (medical thing)

Wiley Hall

Martin

Jan 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/22/99

Carl G. wrote in message <78971d$th0$1...@camel15.mindspring.com>...

>Try to identify what these mnemonics are used for:
>
>1. Every Good Boy Does Fine.
>2. Just remember he's your pal.
>3. HOMES
>4. STAB
>5. ROY G. BIV
>6. SOAP
>
>Can you remember any others?
>
>Carl G.

Good boys deserve football always.
Richard of York gave battle in vein.
Bad boys rape our young girls but virgins go without.

A few aeronautical ones (some of these are probably out of date by now):
Tommy Tickled Mary for forty glorious hours.
SWANK - SHOW
CBSIFTCB
HASSLL
USTALL

Martin.

mark edward hardwidge

Jan 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/22/99
Carl G. <cgi...@mindspring.com> wrote:
> Can you remember any others?

The girls can flirt and other queer things can do.
(hardness scale)

I can't recall the mnemonics, but I know there is one for stars'
spectral classes (OBAFGKM).

--
Mark E. Hardwidge
hard...@uiuc.edu

Bryan Wolf

Jan 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/22/99

hoch...@rocketmail.com wrote in article
<789v0o$ood$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

> "My very earnest mother (makes) jelly sandwiches under no pressure."

We learned one that even related to the topic:

My Very Excited Mother Just Showed Us Nine Planets

And I'll be impressed if you can identify this one that one of my twisted
high school teachers made up:

Kids Playing Catch On Freeway Get Squished.

Dave Seaman

Jan 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/22/99
In article <78ad3h$d9p$1...@vixen.cso.uiuc.edu>,

mark edward hardwidge <hard...@students.uiuc.edu> wrote:
>Carl G. <cgi...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>> Can you remember any others?
>
>I can't recall the mnemonics, but I know there is one for stars'
>spectral classes (OBAFGKM).

Oh, be a fine girl, kiss me!

Sometimes continued: Right now, sweetheart!

--
Dave Seaman dse...@purdue.edu
Pennsylvania Supreme Court Denies Fair Trial for Mumia Abu-Jamal

Carl G.

Jan 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/22/99

Bryan Wolf wrote in message
<01be4630$97a4ff60$3715...@bryanw-w95.tritech.com>...

>And I'll be impressed if you can identify this one that one of my twisted
>high school teachers made up:
>
>Kids Playing Catch On Freeway Get Squished.

I first learned the taxonomic categories using this mnemonic:

King Philip Comes Over From Germany Soon.

Carl G.

David Filpus

Jan 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/22/99

In article <78aetr$dll$1...@samsara0.mindspring.com>,

King Phillip Comes Over (to) Fight General Specious: Victorious

for one more level of taxonomy (from high school biology, late 1960s)

--
Dave Filpus | Opinions in this post are my own
NORTEL-PCN Technology | and do not reflect those
Dave Filpus | Opinions in this post are my own
NORTEL-PCN Technology | and do not reflect those
RTP, NC | of NORTEL Public Carrier Networks Technology
dfi...@nortelnetworks.com |

rho...@paul.rutgers.edu

Jan 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/22/99
Carl G. wrote in message <78971d$th0$1...@camel15.mindspring.com>...

>Can you remember any others?

How I want a drink, alcoholic of course, after the heavy lectures
involving quantum mechanics.

kIdMiGaRu

Jan 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/22/99
Kings Play Chess On (Sixty)-Four Golden Squares.

Earle Jones

Jan 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/22/99
In article <Pine.GSO.3.95.iB1.0.990122041954.26852F-100000@vtn1>, Tim
Browne <ue...@victoria.tc.ca> wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Jan 1999, Carl G. wrote:
>

> > 1. Every Good Boy Does Fine.
>

> Musical notes on the lines of the staff, treble clef.
>

> > 2. Just remember he's your pal.
>

> No idea.
>
> > 3. HOMES
>
> The Great Lakes - Huron, Ontario, Michigan, Erie, Superiour
>
> > 4. STAB
>
> No idea.
>
> > 5. ROY G. BIV
>
> Colours of the rainbow - Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet.
> BTW, Indigo isn't even remotely close to what Indiglow watches would have
> you believe.
>
> > 6. SOAP
>
> No idea.
>

> > Can you remember any others?
>

> Here's a few:
>
> FACE -- Spaces on the musical staff

> Good Boys Do Fine Always -- Tuning the Guitar strings

> All Cows Eat Grass -- Tuning the Violin strings (or ukulele)

> Father Charlie Goes Down And Empties Bottle -- musical "circle of fifths"
> Bottle Empty And Down Goes Charlie's Father -- musical "circle of fourths"

> FIVEC -- ??

> VIBGYOR -- backwards spectrum -- violet, indigo, blue, green, etc.
(Opposite of Roy G. Biv)

earle

okteam

Jan 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/22/99
This is an easy one, but what about:

Some old horse caught another horse taking oats away.

-Matt

Faugh

Jan 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/22/99

#2 is the distinction between PRINCIPLE and PRINCIPAL, I believe. I had
a third grade teacher who used to say that.

Faugh

Jan 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/22/99
Carl G. gave us:

> Can you remember any others?
>

> Carl G.

I had an astronomy teacher who, when discussing phases of the Moon,
would say: first you wax your car and then it ... can't finish this
corniness.

Earle Jones

Jan 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/22/99
In article <789v0o$ood$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, <hoch...@rocketmail.com>
wrote:

> In article <78971d$th0$1...@camel15.mindspring.com>,
> "Carl G." <cgi...@mindspring.com> wrote:

[snip]

> "My very earnest mother (makes) jelly sandwiches under no pressure.

--
Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto.

The planets from the sun outward.

earle

Earle Jones

Jan 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/22/99
In article <ram-220199...@ram.tiac.net>, robert a moeser
<r...@tiac.net> wrote:

> In article <78971d$th0$1...@camel15.mindspring.com>, "Carl G."
> <cgi...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>

> > Can you remember any others?
>

> Biloxi booze rots our young guts but vodka goes well.
>

> Bad boys rape our young girls but Violet goes willingly.

--
The color code for resistors:

Black, brown, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet, gray, white.

Learned, amazingly enough, at Keesler Air Force Base, Biloxi,
Mississippi!

earle

Earle Jones

Jan 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/22/99
In article <78av92$mkh$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, <rho...@paul.rutgers.edu>
wrote:

> Carl G. wrote in message <78971d$th0$1...@camel15.mindspring.com>...
>

> >Can you remember any others?
>

> How I want a drink, alcoholic of course, after the heavy lectures
> involving quantum mechanics.

--
This is, of course, the digits of pi:

3.14159265358979...

earle

Martin Vellacott

Jan 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/23/99
An old mnemonic I remember - it's associated with

'Every Good Boy Desrves Favour' - or 'does fine'

Battle Ends And Down Goes Charles Father.

The reverse is equally useful:-

Father Charles Goes Down And Ends Battle.

Have fun

Martin

Don Del Grande

Jan 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/23/99
Earle Jones <ejon...@concentric.net> wrote:

>> > 5. ROY G. BIV
>> Colours of the rainbow - Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet.

I had an astrophysics professor who used "Richard Of York Gave Battle In
Vain".

>> Father Charlie Goes Down And Empties Bottle -- musical "circle of fifths"

Sounds a little sharp to me.

>> Bottle Empty And Down Goes Charlie's Father -- musical "circle of fourths"

That one's flat.

(Those last two refer to the order of sharps and flats in musical key
signatures - sharps F, C, G, D, A, E, B; flats are reversed.)

Don Del Grande, del_g...@netvista.net
Let's see how many 1970s TV fans remember "Dumb Monkeys Just Sit Nicely
Eating Tender Noodles" (hint: the "real life version" is "Never Try Eating
Nectarines Since Juice May Dispense")

Bill Taylor

Jan 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/23/99
These four are on the same topic, which the first one gives away completely!

Lanthanide series: presidents newly promenade samurai-like (in) Europe.
God (has) TB, dysentery & Holy Urges, through jittery lusting.

Scandalous Titania vandalized completely many iron goblets - Nick copped Zeke's
gall.

Yellow zircons nearby Molly (are) technically Ruth's. Rhody palls (of) silly
caddish Indians.

Half tainted wolves renamed Oswald's Irish plate (in) golden mercenary tales.

Bill Taylor W.Ta...@math.canterbury.ac.nz
No plan like yours to study history wisely. (English history mnemonic)

Kent Parks

Jan 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/23/99
"Oh, oh, oh! To touch and feel very good velvet! Absolutely Heavenly!"

Kent

Kent Parks

Jan 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/23/99
Bill Taylor <mat...@math.canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:
: These four are on the same topic, which the first one gives away completely!

: Scandalous Titania vandalized completely many iron goblets - Nick copped Zeke's
: gall.

But "goblet" for "cobalt"? Usually mnemonics start with the same letter.
How 'bout "cobras"?

Kent

robert a moeser

Jan 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/23/99
In article <ejones12-2201...@ts013d26.cup-ca.concentric.net>,
Earle Jones <ejon...@concentric.net> wrote:

> > "My very earnest mother (makes) jelly sandwiches under no pressure.
>
> --
> Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto.

i guess this one will have to change. :-(

My very earnest mother (makes) jelly sandwiches until noon.

-- rob

pj

Jan 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/23/99
A couple stuck in my brain:

All cows eat grass.

A red I_____ thought he might eat tobacco in church.
(sorry, we weren't so concerned about ethnic sensitivities in the dark ages
of my childhood...)

pj

Carl G. <cgi...@mindspring.com> wrote in article

<78971d$th0$1...@camel15.mindspring.com>...

> Can you remember any others?
>

> Carl G.

Kent Parks

Jan 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/23/99

Just remembered another easy one, from 7th grade math:

"Please my dear aunt Sally", which perhaps might more accurately be
"Please excuse my dear aunt Sally"

Kent

Earle Jones

Jan 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/23/99

--
Here's a difficult mnemonic:

Over Seas All Ignorant Cabbies Save Pocket Money To Hide.

Any guesses?

Answer tomorrow.

earle

Mark J. Tilford

Jan 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/23/99
On 22 Jan 1999 17:38:57 GMT, mark edward hardwidge <hard...@students.uiuc.edu> wrote:
>Carl G. <cgi...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>> Can you remember any others?
>
>The girls can flirt and other queer things can do.
>(hardness scale)
>
>I can't recall the mnemonics, but I know there is one for stars'
>spectral classes (OBAFGKM).

Only Boring Astronomers Find Gratitude Knowing Mnemonics

--
-----------------------
Mark Jeffrey Tilford

Martin Bernhauer

Jan 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/23/99

>Here's a difficult mnemonic:

When its difficult, what is the use for?

>Over Seas All Ignorant Cabbies Save Pocket Money To Hide.

MArtin

riverman

Jan 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/24/99
David Filpus wrote:

> for one more level of taxonomy (from high school biology, late 1960s)
>
> --

I always sing it to the tune of 'Superkalifragilisticexpialidocious'

Kindom-phylum-classes-order-family-genus-species....
hum d'lilly hum d'lala hum d'lilly ah...

Riverman (myron buck): DoD #9250 ___________
O /___________\
/\ ACGWB #2 1995 VN750 |
( )>( ) BWOB #4 1970 Bluehole 17A /0\ oops
""""""""""""""""""""""""""~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<delete 'z's: zmy...@zamerican.hasharon.k12.il>

riverman

Jan 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/24/99
Mark J. Tilford wrote:

> On 22 Jan 1999 17:38:57 GMT, mark edward hardwidge <hard...@students.uiuc.edu> wrote:
> >Carl G. <cgi...@mindspring.com> wrote:
> >> Can you remember any others?
> >
> >The girls can flirt and other queer things can do.
> >(hardness scale)

Not truly a Mnemonic, but who knows:

Pee-gee Dee-gee, Arab?

or

ALBA, Albite?

Kent Parks

Jan 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/24/99
riverman <nos...@sorry.com> wrote:

: I always sing it to the tune of 'Superkalifragilisticexpialidocious'

: Kingdom-phylum-classes-order-family-genus-species....

Except that this would "work" for any order of the 7 words, thus won't
keep you from getting mixed up.

Kent

Chrissa

Jan 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/25/99
my very energetic mother jumps swiftly up near pluto (there's a clue)

Carl G. wrote in message <78971d$th0$1...@camel15.mindspring.com>...
>Try to identify what these mnemonics are used for:

>1. Every Good Boy Does Fine.
>2. Just remember he's your pal.
>3. HOMES
>4. STAB
>5. ROY G. BIV
>6. SOAP
>
>Can you remember any others?
>
>Carl G.

Ken Williams

Jan 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/25/99
Bryan Wolf wrote:

> hoch...@rocketmail.com wrote in article
> <789v0o$ood$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

> > "My very earnest mother (makes) jelly sandwiches under no pressure."
>

> We learned one that even related to the topic:
>
> My Very Excited Mother Just Showed Us Nine Planets

> And I'll be impressed if you can identify this one that one of my twisted
> high school teachers made up:
>
> Kids Playing Catch On Freeway Get Squished.

Can't figure out your kids one, as for your planets one, growing up we had a
different one:
Mr. Vampire Eats My Juicy Steak Using No Pepper (it is simply amazing I can
remember that! ;).

Ken Williams
k...@xmission.com.zz
(Remove .zz when replying.)

Matthew T. Russotto

Jan 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/25/99
In article <78adks$6...@seaman.cc.purdue.edu>,
Dave Seaman <a...@seaman.cc.purdue.edu> wrote:
}In article <78ad3h$d9p$1...@vixen.cso.uiuc.edu>,

}mark edward hardwidge <hard...@students.uiuc.edu> wrote:
}>Carl G. <cgi...@mindspring.com> wrote:
}>> Can you remember any others?
}>
}>I can't recall the mnemonics, but I know there is one for stars'
}>spectral classes (OBAFGKM).
}
}Oh, be a fine girl, kiss me!
}
}Sometimes continued: Right now, sweetheart!

Or "right now. <SMACK!>".

--
Matthew T. Russotto russ...@pond.com
of justice is no virtue."

Bart Larsen

Jan 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/25/99
Here's another,

Bad Boys Rape Our Young Girls, But Violet Gives Willingly.

Any Ideas?

In the Air Force, we remembered the different levels of organization in
the Air Force with:

All New Airmen Will Get Sore Feet.

Some of the TI's used different words for the last two.

- Bart

Wei-Hwa Huang

Jan 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/25/99
mark edward hardwidge <hard...@students.uiuc.edu> writes:
>I can't recall the mnemonics, but I know there is one for stars'
>spectral classes (OBAFGKM).

Oh, be a fine girl -- kiss me! Right now!

--
Wei-Hwa Huang, whu...@ugcs.caltech.edu, http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/~whuang/
Moral of George Orwell's _Animal Farm_ : "Pigs are such men!!"

Wei-Hwa Huang

Jan 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/25/99

I'm forming a mnemonic to remember a constant in calculus.

Wei-Hwa Huang

Jan 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/25/99
Earle Jones <ejon...@concentric.net> writes:
>In article <ram-220199...@ram.tiac.net>, robert a moeser
><r...@tiac.net> wrote:

>> Biloxi booze rots our young guts but vodka goes well.
>> Bad boys rape our young girls but Violet goes willingly.

>Black, brown, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet, gray, white.

The latter one has been bowdlerized -- the last word was originally
"willingly," and the first word was actually literally the word it was
supposed to represent.

Bob Jordan

Jan 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/26/99
In article <36ACD0...@mci.com>, Bart Larsen <bart....@mci.com> wrote:

> Here's another,
>
> Bad Boys Rape Our Young Girls, But Violet Gives Willingly.
>
> Any Ideas?

Yes that is the electronics resistor colour code.

I remember it as:

Better Be Right Or Your Great Big Venture Goes West

A local one for a Maori town name near here which is confusing to spell

Ngaruawahia = Nine Girls Are Running Under A Wall And Here I Am.

Mark J. Tilford

Jan 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/26/99
On Mon, 25 Jan 1999 14:29:58 +1100, Chrissa <cda...@nojunk.iaccess.com.au> wrote:
>my very energetic mother jumps swiftly up near pluto (there's a clue)
>Carl G. wrote in message <78971d$th0$1...@camel15.mindspring.com>...
>>Try to identify what these mnemonics are used for:
>>
>>1. Every Good Boy Does Fine.
>>2. Just remember he's your pal.
>>3. HOMES
>>4. STAB
>>5. ROY G. BIV
>>6. SOAP
>>
>>Can you remember any others?
>>
>>Carl G.

Rese Nese Merman

RM Mentock

Jan 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/27/99
Wei-Hwa Huang wrote:

> I'm forming a mnemonic to remember a constant in calculus.

My ingenious astronomy student remembers an easy light mnemonic [1]

--
D.

[1] http://www.xs4all.nl/~jcdverha/scijokes/11_4.html

men...@mindspring.com
http://sentient.home.mindspring.com/dan/

Carl Witthoft

Jan 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/27/99
In epistle <78itop$p...@gap.cco.caltech.edu>, an amazing wordwright named
whu...@ugcs.caltech.edu (Wei-Hwa Huang) may or may not have claimed:

->mark edward hardwidge <hard...@students.uiuc.edu> writes:
->>I can't recall the mnemonics, but I know there is one for stars'
->>spectral classes (OBAFGKM).
->
->Oh, be a fine girl -- kiss me! Right now!
->

Sweetheart!

(although MRNS may have shifted since I learned this long long loooooon ago)
--
Carl Witthoft c...@world.std.com ca...@aoainc.com http://world.std.com/~cgw
Got any old pinball machines for sale?

Carl Witthoft

Jan 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/27/99

How about a reverse puzzle: It sure feels like the following OUGHT to be
a mnemonic :-)

Don't crush that dwarf: hand me the pliers.
(And, yes I know the source and the interpretation)

Robert Israel

Jan 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/28/99
In article <cgw-270199...@10.0.2.15>, c...@world.std.com (Carl Witthoft) writes:

|> How about a reverse puzzle: It sure feels like the following OUGHT to be
|> a mnemonic :-)
|>
|> Don't crush that dwarf: hand me the pliers.
|> (And, yes I know the source and the interpretation)

Ah, that brings back memories...

It's the title of a Firesign Theatre record album from 1970.

See http://www.doctechnical.com/fst/science/sci-dctd.htm

Robert Israel isr...@math.ubc.ca
Department of Mathematics http://www.math.ubc.ca/~israel
University of British Columbia
Vancouver, BC, Canada V6T 1Z2

dti...@my-dejanews.com

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99

c...@world.std.com (Carl Witthoft) wrote:
> In epistle <78itop$p...@gap.cco.caltech.edu>, an amazing wordwright named
> whu...@ugcs.caltech.edu (Wei-Hwa Huang) may or may not have claimed:
>
> ->mark edward hardwidge <hard...@students.uiuc.edu> writes:
> ->>I can't recall the mnemonics, but I know there is one for stars'
> ->>spectral classes (OBAFGKM).
> ->
> ->Oh, be a fine girl -- kiss me! Right now!
> ->
>
> Sweetheart!
>
> (although MRNS may have shifted since I learned this long long loooooon ago)

Just recently it has. They've added class L to the right of M.

RNS is not really part of the sequence. O through M goes from
most luminescent to least luminescent stars. RNS are stars that don't
fall into the other classes because they have unusual features in their
spectra (I've forgotten the details). So the new sequence is
OBAFGKML (RNS).

Anyone want to come up with a new mnemonic?

--
Dan Tilque

riverman

Jan 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/30/99

Really? When's the last time you got
'Superkalifragilisticexpialidocious' wrong?

I see your point, but when I was learning it, I never got it wrong once
after singing it for an afternoon...

ty...@headphone.com

Feb 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/21/99

> Bad boys rape our young girls but virgins go without.

I've heard it:

Bad boys rape our young girls behind victory garden walls.

And

Bad boys rape our young girls but Violet gives willingly.

It's the color code for identifying resistor values.

ANd a new one for you:

Sally can tell oscar has a hard on allways.

Martin

Feb 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/22/99

ty...@headphone.com wrote in message <7apfoo$5th$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

>ANd a new one for you:
>
>Sally can tell oscar has a hard on allways.

spoiler space...

I was taught "sohcahtoa" (no mnemonic - just remember the word). It's the
trig function identities, as applied to a right-angled triangle - sine,
cosine, tangent, opposite, adjacent, hypotenuse.

Martin.