Grups de Google ja no admet publicacions ni subscripcions noves de Usenet. El contingut antic es pot continuar consultant.

A Reminder: Don't Post FS or WTB Ads Here

18 visualitzacions
Ves al primer missatge no llegit

Richard Knoppow

no llegida,
1 d’oct. 1999, 3:00:001/10/99
There are a whole sub-group of news groups for such ads. They begin
rec.photo.marketplace In general they parallel the equipment groups,
plus a darkroom group and the original rec.photo.marketplace, which
can be used for anything.
If these all do not show up on your news server contact your ISP and
demand that they be added.
Please post your advertising in these groups, not in the discussion
groups.
Thanks.
---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, Ca.
dick...@ix.netcom.com

Jerry Xu

no llegida,
2 d’oct. 1999, 3:00:002/10/99
In article <37f535f6....@nntp.ix.netcom.com>,

You're certainly sensitive on this issue. Lets think for the sellers
for a second. They probably think this group is a lot more clicked (and
successful) than other FS/WTB groups, how true! Plus, some people don't
realize they want certain item unless they see it advertised (at a good
price), myself included, don't you agree?
I agree that topics should be organized. At the same time, they also
have their natural way to group themselves...
Jerry Xu

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Richard Knoppow

no llegida,
2 d’oct. 1999, 3:00:002/10/99
Jerry Xu <jer...@my-deja.com> wrote:

Jerry, the rec.photo discussion groups forbid the posting of
advertising, its in the charter and FAQ for the groups.
Until recently there was only one group for such advertising, the
rec.photo.marketplace group. As a result of arguments like your's
above a whole new set of marketplace groups was created. These groups
parallel the equipment groups and should be on most servers.
There is absolutely no justification now for breaking the
established rules of the charter.
Not all news groups forbid advertising, although it is actually
discouraged by Usenet rules. These groups do. If you want to see what
happens to a news group which does allow advertising check out
aus.photo a few times.
Several years ago, before the whole rec.photo heirarchy was
re-organized, advertising was allowd. Eventually, the advertising
completely dominated all other postings, hence the re-organization.
The classified marketplace groups should satisfy anyone.
My posting was simply a reminder to newbies to these groups about
where to post.
A complete guide to the rec.photo groups is posted once a week and
contains all the details of the groups, their charters, where to find
the charters, etc.
Since you are posting from Deja.com I can understand why you may not
know about the marketplace groups. For some reason Deja never added
them. When I wrote to them they said they could not add groups
manually. I think that is probably BS and they just have to be nagged.
Please help by nagging.
Have you tried http://www.liszt.com for news reading? Its the Deja
database with a much better interface.

Paul and Paula Butzi

no llegida,
2 d’oct. 1999, 3:00:002/10/99
On Sat, 02 Oct 1999 06:20:19 GMT, Jerry Xu <jer...@my-deja.com>
wrote:

>You're certainly sensitive on this issue. Lets think for the sellers
>for a second. They probably think this group is a lot more clicked (and
>successful) than other FS/WTB groups, how true!

Sure. Probably more people read rec.photo.equipment.large-format
than read rec.photo.marketplace.large-format.

But it would be a mistake to think that means you should post your
ads here rather than there.

Consider:

1. The charter forbids it.
2. Many, many people are annoyed by it.

So, if you post your ads here, you present it to a larger number of
people, many of whom will immediately conclude you're a witless
jerk who doesn't care about following the rules.

If a potential customer makes that conclusion, I submit they will
also conclude that you're not very trustworthy, and will decline
to do business with you. A very low advertised price is appealing
until you realize that the person has no intention of delivering.
Many, many regular readers of this newsgroup (myself included)
refuse to do business with people who repeatedly post ads in the wrong
groups.

Posting your ads here means you may reach a broader audience at
the risk of reducing the base of potential customers. This is not a
wise business decision

>Plus, some people don't
>realize they want certain item unless they see it advertised (at a good
>price), myself included, don't you agree?

In that case, I suggest that you read the marketplace groups, where
all the ads appear. I'm rarely looking for a specific piece of
equipment but regularly read the large format marketplace group.
And on occasion I've bought an item I wasn't looking for.

But I've never bought anything that was advertised in the wrong
group, and I never will. Never.

>I agree that topics should be organized. At the same time, they also
>have their natural way to group themselves...

The joint experience of the rec.photo groups, over the last ten years,
is that it's better to put the ads in the marketplace groups rather
than in the discussion groups. That way, ads are easily visible,
don't clutter the discussion groups, and everyone is happy.
If there's a natural way to group them, separate marketplace groups
is it.

-Paul

--
Articles on B&W photography, camera and equipment reviews, and photographs at:
http://www.asymptote.com/butzi (updated 9/10/99)

Dave Sisley

no llegida,
5 d’oct. 1999, 3:00:005/10/99
I'm with Richard, Paul & Paula.

I subscribe to rec.photo.large-format and -darkroom for INFORMATION (and I'm
getting by the truck load). I have aol which has a lousy NG reader and I
basically have to read every message posted if I want to browse the group. Ads
waste my time, you can tell by reading them that they are coming from people
who don't actually read these NGs.

I've only been subscribing for a few months and could easily tell, even without
a calm, non-judgemental posting like Richard's, that ads were a no-no.

I have also been aware of the Marketplace groups, since there is a weekly
reminder. When I want to go window shopping, that's where I go.
Advertisers should, too (please!).

Now how do we lose the porn/low cost phone ads?

-- Dave Sisley

Dave Sisley

no llegida,
5 d’oct. 1999, 3:00:005/10/99
URK!
a follow-up to the post I left a second ago...

I posted my message and hit "Next Subject" and up came a post from someone who
wants some of those graflex flash/battery things. We all know by now what
he's/she's going to do with them.

I'm actually going to read the 10 (TEN!) responses because I know he/she is
going to get an earful (eyeful?)

-Dave Sisley

Jay Wenner

no llegida,
5 d’oct. 1999, 3:00:005/10/99
Richard Knoppow (dick...@ix.netcom.com) wrote:
: If these all do not show up on your news server contact your ISP and

: demand that they be added.

Since it's a server for "work," it's kinda hard to demand they add
something non-work related. I know, DejaNews...but the web it _slow_.

Jay Wenner

baza...@gmail.com

no llegida,
4 de febr. 2014, 9:30:344/2/14

Apple MacBook Pro Notebook Computer

Product Highlights

Intel Core i7 Dual-Core 2.5 GHz CPU
Memory: 4GB DDR3 RAM
500GB 5400 RPM Hard Drive
Intel HD 4000 Graphics
LED-Backlit 13.3" (33.8 cm) Display
Native 1280 x 800 Resolution
Wireless 802.11n WiFi & Bluetooth 4.0
Dual USB 3.0 Ports & Thunderbolt Port
Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

In the Box:
Apple 13.3" MacBook Pro Notebook Computer
60W MagSafe Power Adapter
AC Wall Plug
Power Cord
Display Cleaning Cloth
Printed & Electronic Documentation
1-Year International Apple Warranty

Interested buyer should contact us asap.

Skype: smartbuy07
0 missatges nous