MPP cameras

Andrew Lawson,Forres Scotland

May 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/19/98

I've just bought an MPP 5*4 press camera which seems to be a copy of
the speed graphic (identical in the pictures I have seen. Can anyone tell me
more about the history of these cameras, particularily the lense that would
have come with it and the rangefinder camming etc...

Thanks
Andrew
--
****** ***** ***** ******
* Andrew D lawson *

Chris B

May 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/19/98

On 19 May 1998 10:40:00 GMT, ar...@mail.freenet.hut.fi (Andrew
Lawson,Forres Scotland) wrote:

> I've just bought an MPP 5*4 press camera which seems to be a copy of
>the speed graphic (identical in the pictures I have seen. Can anyone tell me
>more about the history of these cameras, particularily the lense that would
>have come with it and the rangefinder camming etc...
>
>Thanks
>Andrew

Try http://www.midoil.demon.co.uk/pano/mpp.htm

Regards,

Chris
substitute demon for nospam when replying

duv...@foxinternet.net

May 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/19/98

In article <6jrni0$8vq$1...@learnet.freenet.hut.fi>,

ar...@mail.freenet.hut.fi (Andrew Lawson,Forres Scotland) wrote:

> I've just bought an MPP 5*4 press camera which seems to be a copy of
> the speed graphic (identical in the pictures I have seen. Can anyone tell me
> more about the history of these cameras, particularily the lense that would
> have come with it and the rangefinder camming etc...

The M.P.P Technical Camera was described in the 1949 British Journal
Photographic Almanac, on Page 178 (in the "New Goods" section), as,
among other things, "a cousin of the Linhof", since the body is metal,
it has an 18in. bellows extension, drop baseboard, front rise, shift,
and tilt (rearward only), and rear 4-way swing and revolving back.
At that time the price was listed as 56 Pounds, 10 Shillings.
Apparently it was usually supplied with a Wray 7 1/4 in. f4.5 Lustrar.

I have a rather battered one of these which is marked "Lloyd" in raised
cast lettering on the front baseboard, and is otherwise identical to
the photograph in the British Almanac. Mine was fitted at some time in
the distant past with a Kalart rangefinder.

While it is not particularly rigid at full extension, I have found the
camera to be very practical for a very wide variety of work, particularly
since its movements far surpass what is available on the standard Speed
or Crown Graphic.

Enjoy.

Gary DuVall

Ken Rice

May 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/21/98

Seems like Roger Hicks (a real photographic Renaissance Man) wrote an
article in Shutterbug Magazine sometime in the past few months, that
included a fair description of the MPP as a user cameras (he was
speaking sof his own camera). Worth reading.
Cheers,

#Louis Carey

May 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/27/98

Andrew Lawson,Forres Scotland (ar...@mail.freenet.hut.fi) wrote:

: I've just bought an MPP 5*4 press camera which seems to be a copy of
: the speed graphic (identical in the pictures I have seen. Can anyone tell me
: more about the history of these cameras, particularily the lense that would
: have come with it and the rangefinder camming etc...

: Thanks
: Andrew
: --
For information about the excellent MPP users club write to:

Dr. Neill Wright
Copperfield
Leaveland
Faversham
Kent
ME13 OPB

The subscription is 6ukp and includes newsletters which discuss
use/modification/repair/technique/history the club also holds some
spares and panels.
The press cameras are similar to the speed graphic, the technical cameras
are similar to the Linhoff. Lenses were German or British .
MPP also made Enlargers tripods and monorails.

regards

Louis

#Louis Carey

Jun 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/2/98

Andrew Lawson,Forres Scotland (ar...@mail.freenet.hut.fi) wrote:

: I've just bought an MPP 5*4 press camera which seems to be a copy of
: the speed graphic (identical in the pictures I have seen. Can anyone tell me
: more about the history of these cameras, particularily the lense that would
: have come with it and the rangefinder camming etc...

: Thanks
: Andrew
: --
: ****** ***** ***** ******

: * Andrew D lawson *
: * 9607...@napier.ac.uk *
: * ar...@freenet.hut.fi *

The MPP Users club also includes the Microcord and Microflex, indeed
anything made by MPP, lots of history articles as well.

benluk...@gmail.com

Mar 11, 2014, 7:46:06 PM3/11/14
The MPP Users Club is going to close

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum390/128127-mpp-users-club-close.html

It would be great if any MPP Microcord users could email the club to offer their support

mpp...@mppusers.com

Grimly Curmudgeon

Aug 15, 2014, 7:11:22 PM8/15/14
On Tue, 11 Mar 2014 16:46:06 -0700 (PDT), benluk...@gmail.com