AGFA = Junk! (important, not BS)

Rick Ehrenberg

Apr 2, 2003, 5:45:39 PM4/2/03
If you are considering a new digital camera, steer clear of Agfa at all
costs.

I bought a very expensive model 4 years ago (approx. US$1000). it now needs
a very small part (~$5) to be functional. Despite 20 calls and 5 e-mails,
Agfa USA, Canada, and their reps., they steadfastly say, exactly: "We don't
supply any parts for your camera". So I have $1000 worth of garbage!

Richard Ehrenberg, NY, USA

Constantinople

Apr 2, 2003, 5:51:06 PM4/2/03
I must be having deja vu. I could have sworn I saw this post a some days
ago.

"Rick Ehrenberg" <rehrenbe...@hvc.rr.com> wrote in

Paul H.

Apr 2, 2003, 7:01:32 PM4/2/03
"Rick Ehrenberg" <rehrenbe...@hvc.rr.com> wrote in message
> [...]

You know, Rick, if you told people the model number of the camera and what
part you needed, somebody might be able to help you. Agfa doesn't make
consumer digital cameras anymore and four years is an eternity in the
digital camera business. As it is now, though, you are simply pounding sand
and not helping anyone, including yourself, nor are you hurting Agfa by
trying to turn people against a non-existent product line.

Give the tirade a rest and do something productive to solve your problem.

Joan McGalliard

Apr 2, 2003, 7:52:26 PM4/2/03
Rick Ehrenberg <rehrenbe...@hvc.rr.com> wrote:

No! you have $US50-100 worth of garbage. No 1.6 MP, 4 year old camera
that only takes 16MB cards is worth $1000. If it's the model I think,
it doesn't have a view finder, and the LCD is impossible to see in
daylight.

Name one company that is supplying spare parts to cameras that old.

joan
--
Joan McGalliard, UK http://www.mcgalliard.org

Ric Trexell

Apr 2, 2003, 10:48:15 PM4/2/03

Rick Ehrenberg <rehrenbe...@hvc.rr.com> wrote in message
> If you are considering a new digital camera, steer clear of Agfa at all
> costs.
>
> I bought a very expensive model 4 years ago (approx. US$1000). it now
needs
> a very small part (~$5) to be functional.
Rick: Go to ebay and type "Camera for Parts" in the search engine.
Eventually that same camera will probably show up. You can probably buy it
for a few bucks and if you can't fix it yourself, a repair guy might give it
a go. Ric in Wisconsin.

Steven C (Doktersteve)

Apr 2, 2003, 11:28:47 PM4/2/03

"Rick Ehrenberg" <rehrenbe...@hvc.rr.com> wrote in message

What model is it. the closest i can find on dpreview is the ePhoto CL50
which sold for $680US... Nothing for $1000
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Agfa/agfa_cl50.asp

---

Tony Spadaro

Apr 3, 2003, 2:18:45 AM4/3/03
You have - its a spammer/troll, probably with a fake complaint. Killfile
time.

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto
"Constantinople" <constan...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Joan McGalliard

Apr 3, 2003, 6:28:00 AM4/3/03
Steven C (Doktersteve) <real_dok...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> What model is it. the closest i can find on dpreview is the ePhoto CL50
> which sold for $680US... Nothing for $1000

The ephoto 1680 retailed for around that when it was new.

<http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=360a1b78.31812393%40news.inconnect
.com&output=gplain>

Laurence Payne

Apr 3, 2003, 7:50:07 AM4/3/03
>If you are considering a new digital camera, steer clear of Agfa at all
>costs.

I don't think you'll have much difficulty doing that! They're not
active in that market any more, are they?

>I bought a very expensive model 4 years ago (approx. US$1000). it now needs
>a very small part (~$5) to be functional. Despite 20 calls and 5 e-mails,
>Agfa USA, Canada, and their reps., they steadfastly say, exactly: "We don't
>supply any parts for your camera". So I have $1000 worth of garbage!

If you want help, why not tell us what camera, what part. There may
be a dead one available to break for spares.

Paul H.

Apr 5, 2003, 5:20:41 PM4/5/03
Ok, jerk: I'm reporting your name and email address to you ISP's sys admin
for abuse. People have tried to help you with your problem but all you do
is moan and spam. Frankly, I'm more likely to buy Afga products if they
irritate whining morons like you--they must be doing something right.

Get over yourself and your f***ing camera.

matt

Apr 23, 2003, 12:55:57 AM4/23/03
Oh no! Somebody is going to tell the teacher.

Your as bad as he is. Oh shit. Now am as bad as you are as bad as he is.

Oh, the humanity!

;-)

galotoczky

May 16, 2003, 2:16:34 PM5/16/03
I'll give you $5 for the pile of junk.
We can split the shipping.
-Greg

"matt" <rell...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

George Kerby

May 16, 2003, 2:41:37 PM5/16/03
On 5/16/03 1:16 PM, in article
6W9xa.2158$sh5.1...@newssvr28.news.prodigy.com, "galotoczky"
<galot...@ameritech.net> wrote:

PLEASE LET A FLOGGED HORSE LIE! (or something like that)