Adopted Dog

Carol VanVolkinburg

Mar 1, 2015, 9:01:05 PM3/1/15

Looked everywhere on the internet for information... which lead me
here... adopted an American Bulldog from local Humane Society... she is
a little over 3 years old... at the Humane Society for 8 months... owner
gave her up because grandchildren moved in with her... well trained...
just... she always looks so sad and confused... when I try to play with
her she cows, like I'm going to hit her... breaks my heart... loud
anything scares her (ice in freezer dropping into tray)... my home is
quiet for the most part it is just her and I... got mad at the cable
company on the phone and raised my voice... she pee on the floor and
just cowed shaking all over... I would think after 3 months she would
relax a little... know I would not hurt her or let any else do so...
have had large dogs all my life... mastiff's, bull mastiffs even a
boxer... I've never seen this behavior in a dog before... I believe she
may have been abused or still confused why she ended up in the Human
Society to begin with... any suggestions would be welcome... her sadness
and confusion is just ripping at my heart... maybe its just something
time can heal... that I can give her...

--
Carol VanVolkinburg