KFC, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell

Robert Reeves

May 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/13/99
: > But now there's a commercial featuring Colonel Sanders
: > driving an old Cadillac convertible, a Pizza Hut delivery driver flipping
: > into the front seat from a freeway overpass, and the Taco Bell chihuahua
: > appearing from the back seat! He says "let's do it" or something, and
: > they zoom off into space with the Star Wars theme in the background. I

Does the Queesn's speech over the radio sound VERY much like the classic
'Help me Obi Wan Kenobi' from Star Wars? Wonder if Lucas is ripping
himself of this time 'round???

--

"There will always be skeptics.
There will always be disbelievers.

Lori P

May 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/13/99
>> Some people may not know that all of the above restaurants are owned by
>> the same company.

So that's why!! I was wondering why Ronald McDonald, the Burger King, and
the A&W Root Bear weren't invited along!! LOL...
Lori Peters

~C

May 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/13/99
Back at home in San Francisco it was not unusual to go to a KFC and get some
wedgie fries with your nachos bell grande...if you go out to pacifica (near
san fran) there's a huge place out there with a KFC, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut
all under one roof. People used to laugh about it, but they've all come to
appreciate it! :)

~C <-- de-lurking and going back to lurk mode

Ken M. <pobo...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> x-no-archive:yes

> Scott D. Lake wrote:
> >
> > Some people may not know that all of the above restaurants are owned by

> > the same company. But now there's a commercial featuring Colonel

Sanders
> > driving an old Cadillac convertible, a Pizza Hut delivery driver
flipping
> > into the front seat from a freeway overpass, and the Taco Bell chihuahua
> > appearing from the back seat! He says "let's do it" or something, and
> > they zoom off into space with the Star Wars theme in the background. I

> > love it! A creative way to capitalize on the "trilogy" idea, and it
> > seriously makes me wonder what is coming next with all three restaurants
> > together. Any thoughts?
> >
> > scott
>
> I saw this commercial for the very first time two hours ago and loved
> it!
>
> (ken)

Nic

May 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/13/99

> Scott D. Lake wrote:
> >
> > Some people may not know that all of the above restaurants are owned by
> > the same company. But now there's a commercial featuring Colonel
Sanders
> > driving an old Cadillac convertible, a Pizza Hut delivery driver
flipping
> > into the front seat from a freeway overpass, and the Taco Bell chihuahua
> > appearing from the back seat! He says "let's do it" or something, and
> > they zoom off into space with the Star Wars theme in the background. I
> > love it! A creative way to capitalize on the "trilogy" idea, and it
> > seriously makes me wonder what is coming next with all three restaurants
> > together. Any thoughts?

They are all carrying Star Wars toys! WOO HOO!

Nic
http://www.teleport.com/~pitbull - Brando's Page

"What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very
wasteful. How true that is." - U.S. Presidential Candidate Dan Quayle

Timothy M. Phelps

May 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/13/99

Well, actually, it's a cross-promotion for the Star Wars game. I just went
to Taco Bell today and received an instant winner token for a 2 liter (or
2 dine-in beverages) of Pepsi at Pizza Hut or a Regular Nachos at Taco
Bell.

Nic (pit...@teleport.nospam.com) wrote:
:
: > Scott D. Lake wrote:
: > >
: > > Some people may not know that all of the restaurants [Pizza Hut,
: > > KFC, Taco Bell] are owned by

Twistin N. Thewind

May 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/14/99
to ~C
Now there's some healthy eatin. Wedgie fries and Nacho Bell Grande. Heart attack
in a bag.

~C wrote:

> Back at home in San Francisco it was not unusual to go to a KFC and get some
> wedgie fries with your nachos bell grande...if you go out to pacifica (near
> san fran) there's a huge place out there with a KFC, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut
> all under one roof. People used to laugh about it, but they've all come to
> appreciate it! :)
>
> ~C <-- de-lurking and going back to lurk mode
>
> Ken M. <pobo...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> > x-no-archive:yes
> >

> > Scott D. Lake wrote:
> > >
> > > Some people may not know that all of the above restaurants are owned by

> > > the same company. But now there's a commercial featuring Colonel
> Sanders
> > > driving an old Cadillac convertible, a Pizza Hut delivery driver
> flipping
> > > into the front seat from a freeway overpass, and the Taco Bell chihuahua
> > > appearing from the back seat! He says "let's do it" or something, and
> > > they zoom off into space with the Star Wars theme in the background. I
> > > love it! A creative way to capitalize on the "trilogy" idea, and it
> > > seriously makes me wonder what is coming next with all three restaurants
> > > together. Any thoughts?

markt...@home.com

May 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/16/99
Actually Pepsi-co Owned all three restuarantes until just recently
when they sold out to Ameri-serve. Ameri-serve was owned by Pepsi but
Pepsi needed more cash to compete with my favorite company Coca-Cola.
Just thought I would throw in my two cents on the subject. I work for
Coca-Cola. But the commercial is very good.
On Thu, 13 May 1999 02:08:40 -0400, "Ken M." <pobo...@ix.netcom.com>
wrote:

>x-no-archive:yes
>
>Scott D. Lake wrote:
>>
>> Some people may not know that all of the above restaurants are owned by
>> the same company. But now there's a commercial featuring Colonel Sanders
>> driving an old Cadillac convertible, a Pizza Hut delivery driver flipping
>> into the front seat from a freeway overpass, and the Taco Bell chihuahua
>> appearing from the back seat! He says "let's do it" or something, and
>> they zoom off into space with the Star Wars theme in the background. I
>> love it! A creative way to capitalize on the "trilogy" idea, and it
>> seriously makes me wonder what is coming next with all three restaurants
>> together. Any thoughts?
>>
>> scott
>
>I saw this commercial for the very first time two hours ago and loved
>it!
>
>(ken)
>

>--
><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><<>><><><><><><><><>
>
>See some sample photos taken with my Olympus digital camera at:
>http://www.theupperdeck.com/digitcam/
>
><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><<>><><><><><><><><>

oog...@my-dejanews.com

May 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/17/99
You can watch the commercial here:

http://www.adcritic.com/content/kfc-pizza-hut-taco-bell-star-wars.html

Peter

In article <373e108e.1831943@news>,

Richard Weatherly

May 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/18/99
> > Actually Pepsi-co Owned all three restuarantes until just recently
> > when they sold out to Ameri-serve. Ameri-serve was owned by Pepsi but
> > Pepsi needed more cash to compete with my favorite company Coca-Cola.
> > Just thought I would throw in my two cents on the subject. I work for
> > Coca-Cola. But the commercial is very good.

What??? PepsiCo owned all three restaurants and spun them off as Tricon
Global (ticker symbol YUM). Tricon was not sold at all; it was spun off in
an IPO. Tricon's more than doubled in price since the spin-off. I've owned
PepsiCo for 20 years, and I've never heard of Ameri-Serve. Pepsi didn't
need more cash to compete, but they divested in order to focus (as seen by
their recent spin-off of bottling operations as Coca-Cola did a while
back). I'm not trying to be argumentative at all, and I apologize for the
off-topic response, but I wanted to clarify.

Richard Weatherly