OT Old TV Commercials on Youtube

Mr. M

Sep 27, 2009, 12:44:38 PM9/27/09
It's amazing what's on YT. There are are loads of old TV commercials
which I have not seen since I was a young kid - the theme songs were
very catchy, even some of the ladies hair and shampoo jingles.

Some that I remember well but have never found any of these on any
websites. There used to be a lot commercial tunes in various binary
groups.

all mid to late 1970:

Dial soap - mid to late 1970 -a woman is riding her bike and the
lyrics are "then Dial has enough to bring you home again, still
refreshed, feeling fine ... aren't you glad you use Dial"

Campbell Soup - young kids are outside playing and jumping rope
"potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, peas, your mother says you gotta eat a
lot of these, macaroni,..... that you toss in a soup, and you put it
in abowl and call it Campbell soup" - sounds like the first rap song!

Alberto Vo5 - this alway seemed to get played about halfway through
candlepin bowling at 12 noon on Saturdays. It started with a clock
chiming or a doorbell ringing - "The time has come ... (can't remember
some words), Alberto vo5 ----hair set works so beautifully- try vo5
and see, try vo5 and see, try vo5 and see, try vo5 and see, .....
Very classy and charming commercial.

Mr. M

stonej

Sep 28, 2009, 2:03:24 PM9/28/09
Theme songs:

"Kool-aid kool-aid tastes great, wish we had some can't wait"

"Its Slinky its slinky for fun its the best of the toys"

"Gaylord he looks kind of lazy looks kind of crazy see what he'll do"

(Gaylord was a wind up walking dog toy)

Paul

Sep 29, 2009, 1:29:58 AM9/29/09

I see the name Gaylord and instantly think of the old department store
chain that we used to shop at in the 1970's(Grants was another) and
early 80's before Zayre took em over and ruined em. Actually preferred
Gaylords over K-Mart.

There are some GREAT commercials on You Tube from all decades. Who
could forget the late 1970's Doritos ads or the Fritos munch a bunch,
Fritos go with lunch and the kid laughing as he ate them.

stonej

Sep 29, 2009, 9:21:00 PM9/29/09
Black label beer probably early to mid 1960s:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUd6lYNc_EE

"Mabel black label"

pfun...@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2012, 4:05:05 AM10/11/12

pfun...@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2012, 4:12:11 AM10/11/12
Thank you Mr.M for posting the lyrics to the Dial soap jingle in the 70`s where the lady is riding a bicycle.I looked tirelessly on You Tube for that particular jingle without success.I loved that jingle with the woman`s voice and the bicycle riding image was perfect and made you want to get out and enjoy life.

Dean F.

Oct 11, 2012, 5:33:32 PM10/11/12
Last Christmas, my then-girlfriend gave me a DVD boxed set of 1,000 TV ads from the '50s-'80s. Interestingly, about 25% of them were for cigarettes!

iL_WeReo

Oct 12, 2012, 1:54:30 PM10/12/12
On Oct 11, 5:33 pm, "Dean F." <soulexpr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Last Christmas, my then-girlfriend gave me a DVD boxed set of 1,000 TV ads from the '50s-'80s. Interestingly, about 25% of them were for cigarettes!

Yes there are a whole lot.