History Of Rock.com - More Mistakes

50s

Jan 2, 2010, 12:08:35 PM1/2/10
Continuing with the massive job of finding all of the mistakes on
Doug's (LOL) website, this is one of my favorites:

1958

David Seville's "The Witch Doctor" and the Tokens' "Tonite I Fell In
Love" are the first novelty hits

Not only were there loads of novelty hits before 1958, but this Tokens
record is from 1961, AND it is not a novelty record.

What's even funnier is that I pointed this out many years ago, and the
same mistake is still there.

50s

Jan 2, 2010, 12:14:48 PM1/2/10
1959 The Drifters' "There Goes My Baby" introduces Latin rhythm to
pop music

LOL....there were tons of pop hits that had Latin rhythms long before
this.

Daily Events - 1957 - Jan 6 Elvis Presley makes final appearance on
"The Ed Sullivan Show" He is photographed from the waist up.

Rock and Roll Timeline - 1960 - Elvis appears on the Ed Sullivan Show
following his release from the Army.

LOL......which is it, Doug? Was Jan. 6th, 1957 his final appearance
on the Ed Sullivan Show, or was he on again in 1960?

50s

Jan 2, 2010, 12:22:27 PM1/2/10
1957 - Oct 18 Little Richard fulfills his recording contract with
Specialty Records by recording a half dozen songs in a three hour
session at Master Recorders. It will be six years before he records
again

SOME LITTLE RICHARD RELEASES ON LABELS OTHER THAN SPECIALTY LESS THAN
6 YEARS FROM THE ABOVE DATE:

End 1057 - Troubles Of The World / Save Me Lord - 1959
End 1058 - Milky White Way / I've Just Come From The Fountain - 1959
Mercury 71884 - He's Not Just A Soldier / Joy, Joy, Joy - 1962
Mercury 71911 - Do You Care / Ride On King Jesus - 1962
Mercury 71965 - Why Don't You Change Your Ways / He Got What He Wanted
- 1962

Sharx35

Jan 2, 2010, 6:44:30 PM1/2/10

"50s" <Sav...@aol.com> wrote in message

What's even sadder is how that John's condom ripped nine months before your
birth.

Sharx35

Jan 2, 2010, 6:47:29 PM1/2/10

"50s" <Sav...@aol.com> wrote in message

Tiny Dick whose shrieking is a blight on musically educated ears.

Dean F.

Jan 3, 2010, 1:05:05 AM1/3/10
On Jan 2, 12:08 pm, 50s <Savo...@aol.com> wrote:

> Not only were there loads of novelty hits before 1958, but this Tokens
> record is from 1961, AND it is not a novelty record.

What is it with factual errors about "Tonight I Fell In Love"? In the
"Heart of Rock and Soul," Dave marsh calls it a regional hit even
though it reached #15 on the Billboard Hot 100.

Dean F.

Jan 3, 2010, 1:06:52 AM1/3/10
The great thing about having a website is that if you discover a
factual error, you can correct it easily. Not so with a book, which is
why I've been willing to cut Dave Marsh so much slack regarding "The
Heart of Rock and Soul." But geez, Doug!

50s

Jan 3, 2010, 1:17:20 AM1/3/10
On Jan 2, 6:47 pm, "Sharx35" <shar...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "50s" <Savo...@aol.com> wrote in message

Your ears are less educated than Jethro Bodeen.

Sharx35

Jan 3, 2010, 2:34:54 AM1/3/10

"50s" <Sav...@aol.com> wrote in message

It's Jethro's ass that you lust after, NOT Ellie Mae's!

xpen...@gmail.com

Jan 3, 2010, 10:20:37 AM1/3/10

It gives Bruce something to do other than making lists and a ass out
of himself. The idiot is so obsessed with me that he's went to
amazon.com to see if I had a wish list. What a sick loser and by
extension his man looking girlfriend.

50s

Jan 3, 2010, 10:24:20 AM1/3/10
On Jan 3, 10:20 am, xpene...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sat, 2 Jan 2010 22:06:52 -0800 (PST), "Dean F."

LOL...I'm obsessed with you?

You're the one that has a "Bruce" page on your website.

xpen...@gmail.com

Jan 3, 2010, 1:40:42 PM1/3/10

That's because you are my hero and I want everyone to see how handsome
you are. It's only sort of on in that not everyone can see it. Only
the select and privileged can. You got any more for me? Something
that shows how distinguished you are becoming as you grow older. How
about
some of your girlfriend? Anything less manly?

50s

Jan 3, 2010, 1:56:06 PM1/3/10
On Jan 3, 1:40 pm, xpene...@gmail.com wrote:

> On Sun, 3 Jan 2010 07:24:20 -0800 (PST), 50s <Savo...@aol.com> wrote:
> >On Jan 3, 10:20 am, xpene...@gmail.com wrote:

> >> It gives Bruce something to do other than making lists and a ass out
> >> of himself. The idiot is so obsessed with me that he's went to
> >> amazon.com to see if I had a wish list. What a sick loser and by
> >> extension his man looking girlfriend.
>
> >LOL...I'm obsessed with you?
>
> >You're the one that has a "Bruce" page on your website.
>
> That's because you are my hero and I want everyone to see how handsome
> you are. It's only sort of on in that not everyone can see it. Only
> the  select and privileged can.

If you really want "everyone" to see it, why is it not available for
everyone to see?

xpen...@gmail.com

Jan 3, 2010, 2:48:08 PM1/3/10

I should have said I only want everyone of my choosing to see it. How
did you get so handsome? You're a regular babe magnet aren't you? You
must have to beat them off with a club.

Sharx35

Jan 4, 2010, 1:43:42 AM1/4/10

<xpen...@gmail.com> wrote in message

He probably has to go to whores, to get them to beat HIM off.

50s

Jan 8, 2010, 3:30:46 AM1/8/10
Here's one that is hard to believe.

The Stax/Volt Artists - Wilson Pickett

Doug, can you tell us why Wilson Pickett would be classified as a
"Stax/Volt" artist?

He recorded some things in their studio, but he never had a release on
either label.