Palo Alto Ensembles?

1 view

Joshua Newman

May 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/1/00
I'm a college student who will be back home in Palo Alto for summer break -
about four months. Any suggestions on musical groups nearby I might be able
to sit in on to keep my chops in shape? Jazz, legit, pretty much any place
they'll let me pull out the horn.

Josh

Joshua Bryce Newman joshua...@yale.edu
650.346.6460 www.joshuanewman.com

Matt Carey

May 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/6/00
to Joshua Newman
Joshua Newman wrote:

> I'm a college student who will be back home in Palo Alto for summer break -
> about four months. Any suggestions on musical groups nearby I might be able
> to sit in on to keep my chops in shape? Jazz, legit, pretty much any place
> they'll let me pull out the horn.
>
> Josh

Hey Josh,

while I don't know these groups personally, try

Peninsula light oper (they are doing the Music Man this summer):
http://www.pclo.org/ticket.htm

The HP symphony (I don't know if they meet in the summer)
http://www.hpl.hp.com/hpsymphony/

I don't know what the Sunnyvale players are doing this summer, but this
URL will send you to their new site:
http://www.slip.net/~holtonj/scp/scp.htm

There is a community band in Cupertino, and another summer-only one in
Los Altos (I believe). Check Yahoo San Francisco for community bands.

Good luck,

Matt

Weckzilla

May 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/7/00
Hey Josh, I'm from Monterey High School in Monterey California. I'm a trumpet
player there. And we are one of the best bands in California. We have some
tough competition though, Rio Americano, Berkeley, and.. Gunn High School,
maybe you went there? But yeah, Henry M. Gunn High School in Palo Alto has a
great jazz band, maybe see if you can fill in for them.. I know its just a High
School big band but they are good! Hope I helped you.

- AJ Wecker

Ken Harstine

May 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/7/00
I used to play in the Peninsula Symphonic Band. Standard concert band
and open to all comers.

http://www.ihot.com/~shiori/psb.html
Ken Harstine
Holyoke, Massachusetts