Anybody know this 'Lord Valve' guy??

Charlie X

Nov 23, 2010, 12:15:08 PM11/23/10
He holds himself out to be an amp genius...but when u hear his
philosophy you gotta wonder if he is at all coherent..

He has these rants on the amplifier group...I dont want to start
another flame up on this site about politics...but was just wondering
if he actually knows anything about amps or does he just post there to
show everyone how nutty he is?

dave t

Nov 23, 2010, 12:25:30 PM11/23/10

You're right that his posts call his coherance into question. By all
accounts, he knows his shit as far as electronics are concerned. And at his
shop, he's reportedly a very nice guy. But online he's a rude, ignorant,
condescending, gigantic asshole.

tom walls

Nov 23, 2010, 1:18:49 PM11/23/10
On Nov 23, 12:25 pm, "dave t" <n...@spam.com> wrote:

>  But online he's a rude, ignorant,
> condescending, gigantic asshole.

Nevertheless, I wish he'd fix my damn Princeton Reverb!

dave t

Nov 23, 2010, 1:48:30 PM11/23/10

See, told ya he was an asshole! ;)

Travis

Nov 23, 2010, 2:39:26 PM11/23/10
In article <ich2a0$nlt$1...@news.eternal-september.org>, n...@spam.com
says...

He's very competent technically and runs a shop in Denver. I've never
dealt with him but as a former electrical engineer, I could tell he
knows his subject well.

As for his prose, I found him quite funny and contrarian. He's
definitely not politically correct and offends people of all stripes.
He's also a serious jazz fan and plays the organ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCPusuyK5Xg

Carl

Nov 23, 2010, 2:54:15 PM11/23/10
Maybe it's just me, but I would have preferred that you had not brought this
here. I don't go the amp group anymore for some of those reasons.

Sorry, I don't mean to be either a censor or a party pooper, but it troubled
me to see this here, that's all.

dave t

Nov 23, 2010, 3:07:14 PM11/23/10

I'd seen one of his other videos.

I know his reputation for being a good tech. As for his prose, I see nothing
funny about hurling ignorant and racist remarks at people simply because
they have different political views. Anyone can be rude and contrary...no
wit involved there.

Mondoslug

Nov 23, 2010, 3:12:05 PM11/23/10
He knows tubes...I'm pretty sure he didn't vote for Obama though.

sheetsofsound

Nov 23, 2010, 3:18:14 PM11/23/10
On Nov 23, 3:12 pm, Mondoslug <acm...@comcast.net> wrote:
> He knows tubes...I'm pretty sure he didn't vote for Obama though.

That's why Travis likes him.

dave t

Nov 23, 2010, 3:32:00 PM11/23/10

Relax...it's not a political discussion per se. Given the extreme mindless
vitriol of LV's posts, it was a perfectly reasonable to inquire whether he
actuallu knew electronics or was an across-the-board loon. Just the fact
that he goes by "Lord Valve" is enough to call his lucidity into question.

Keith Freeman

Nov 23, 2010, 3:42:55 PM11/23/10
> definitely not politically correct and offends people of all stripes.
Well, he is an official representative of the Department of Jive ;-}

-Keith

Clips, Portable Changes, tips etc.: www.keithfreemantrio.nl
e-mail: info AT keithfreemantrio DOT nl

Travis

Nov 23, 2010, 3:45:49 PM11/23/10
In article <ich6tl$7qf$1...@news.eternal-september.org>, n...@spam.com
says...

I assume you ran afoul of him at some point.

But you've made a very timely point as there are some examples of
witless rudeness in this same thread.

Gerry

Nov 23, 2010, 5:52:43 PM11/23/10
It never stops.
--
-- Gerry

Johnny Asia

Nov 23, 2010, 6:12:59 PM11/23/10

He's the Amp Nazi.

Johnny

Nil

Nov 23, 2010, 6:50:19 PM11/23/10
On 23 Nov 2010, tom walls <tomw...@gmail.com> wrote in
rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz:

> Nevertheless, I wish he'd fix my damn Princeton Reverb!

I have an internet acquaintance who sent his Pro Reverb to Lord Valve
to be repaired. He didn't get it back for two years.

Message has been deleted

Tim

Nov 23, 2010, 7:54:28 PM11/23/10

BTW, Kieth, Ijsut got though looking at your site. and listening to
your:

Sample tracks from the trio's CD Orange Blossom:
Pluckley (KF)
Elemental (KF)
I Wish I Knew

Very nice and well done.

Thanks!

Tim McNamara

Nov 23, 2010, 8:13:11 PM11/23/10
In article
<5be0588a-c194-4196...@l32g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>,
Charlie X <diym...@excite.com> wrote:

Anybody who calls himself "Lord" anything is generally an idiot (unless
they're an actual British peer, and then even some of them are idiots
too).

--
Gotta make it somehow on the dreams you still believe.

dave t

Nov 23, 2010, 9:04:25 PM11/23/10
W1TEF wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Nov 2010 15:32:00 -0500, "dave t" <n...@spam.com> wrote:
>
>> Given the extreme mindless
>> vitriol of LV's posts, it was a perfectly reasonable to inquire
>> whether he actuallu knew electronics or was an across-the-board
>> loon. Just the fact that he goes by "Lord Valve" is enough to call
>> his lucidity into question.
>
> I just wandered through the amps group - he is different but not
> significantly so. In fact, in some groups, his...um...rants would be
> considered strictly amateur. :>)

They're totally amateur in terms of content. In terms of the shit he rails
against (all things Democrat) he knows NOTHING.

> I think the Lord Valve reference is to being lord of the vacuum tube.

Obviously.

> If it is the same guy, and it would appear to be, he is a very good
> technician. And like all really good and talented technicians, he's a
> looney as a bin full of monkeys on LSD.
>
> It comes with the terrority. :>)

Well I'll admit...a friend of mine, though retired from the biz, is an
absolutely stellar tech, and he's definitely...um...a character. However,
he's much too civilized to hurl the kind of ignorant invectives LV spews on
usenet.

drthoma...@gmail.com

Nov 23, 2010, 9:06:41 PM11/23/10
On Nov 23, 5:50 pm, Nil <redno...@REMOVETHIScomcast.net> wrote:
> On 23 Nov 2010, tom walls <tomwa...@gmail.com> wrote in

> rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz:
>
> > Nevertheless, I wish he'd fix my damn Princeton Reverb!
>
> I have an internet acquaintance who sent his Pro Reverb to Lord Valve
> to be repaired. He didn't get it back for two years.

I don't care about his politics, but this information is relevant.

dave t

Nov 23, 2010, 9:08:24 PM11/23/10
Tim McNamara wrote:
> In article
> <5be0588a-c194-4196...@l32g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>,
> Charlie X <diym...@excite.com> wrote:
>
>> He holds himself out to be an amp genius...but when u hear his
>> philosophy you gotta wonder if he is at all coherent..
>>
>> He has these rants on the amplifier group...I dont want to start
>> another flame up on this site about politics...but was just wondering
>> if he actually knows anything about amps or does he just post there
>> to show everyone how nutty he is?
>
> Anybody who calls himself "Lord" anything is generally an idiot

That about covers it.

Keith Freeman

Nov 23, 2010, 9:30:35 PM11/23/10
> Very nice and well done
Thanks, Tim, glad you enjoyed them.

Lord Valve

Nov 23, 2010, 9:54:48 PM11/23/10
dave t wrote:

Kiss my rude ignorant condescending gigantic ass, junior.

Lord Valve
Organist

Lord Valve

Nov 23, 2010, 10:01:06 PM11/23/10
Travis wrote:

Wow - an Attaboy. Thanks! ;-)

I keep meaning to take those vids down, they're
gettin' a bit long in the tooth, and I've put a couple
of thousand hours in the 'shed under my belt since
then. New stuff goes up in a bit; I'm finally putting
something together - got a female vocalist who
won the Lionel Hampton Jazz Vocal Competition
awhile back, and some other excellent people.

I don't usually post here, but one of my minions
hipped me to this thread.

BOO! Gotcha...

Lord Valve
Organist

Lord Valve

Nov 23, 2010, 10:01:47 PM11/23/10
Mondoslug wrote:

> He knows tubes...I'm pretty sure he didn't vote for Obama though.

Ya think? ;-)

LV

Lord Valve

Nov 23, 2010, 10:02:37 PM11/23/10
sheetsofsound wrote:

Travis ain't alone, Jack. Didja see that last election?

Lord Valve
"Racist"

Lord Valve

Nov 23, 2010, 10:08:46 PM11/23/10
Keith Freeman wrote:

I'm the *Secretary* of Jive, in fact.

I wonder if the "real" USDOJ is gonna give me
shit for copping their acronym...

But for the record, the Official United States Department
of Jive Seal (which is kind of hard to see on the grainy
YouTube shots) has a banner on it that says "Kiss My
Ass" in latin, a drumset, a bass guitar, a sax, an octave
of Hammond keys with a group of drawbars on top, and
the eagle is wearing Ray Charles' sunglasses.

Lord Valve
Organist

Lord Valve

Nov 23, 2010, 10:13:11 PM11/23/10
Tim McNamara wrote:

I invented that moniker during a flamewar maybe 13-14 years ago,

Since then, I've made several million dollars
off it.

Ain't it a bitch? ;-)

Lord Valve
Organist

Lord Valve

Nov 23, 2010, 10:14:15 PM11/23/10
dave t wrote:

Hey, uh, "Dave" - why not go take a flying fuck at yourself, eh?

And DO have a Real Nice Day, mmmkay?

Lord Valve
Organist

Lord Valve

Nov 23, 2010, 10:45:26 PM11/23/10
Nil wrote:

Sounded fuckin' great, though.

Neener-neener.

Lord Valve
Asshole

Lord Valve

Nov 23, 2010, 10:47:58 PM11/23/10
Carl wrote:

Look under yer bed, Carl.

Yep. Dust Willies. They're workin' for me.
Don't fuck up.

Lord Valve
Spook

Rick Stone

Nov 24, 2010, 12:57:56 AM11/24/10

I'm so glad I figured out how to kill file these guys in Thunderbird :-)
Don't need to get aggravated by their stupid teabagger remarks. Poof!
Now they're invisible (and I ain't afraid of no ghosts).

--
Musically Yours,
Rick Stone

Carl

Nov 24, 2010, 2:36:59 AM11/24/10
Uh-oh. You've brought him here. Be afraid. Be very afraid. Soon this n.g.
will be as devoid of content as the amps one.

Carl

Nov 24, 2010, 2:38:38 AM11/24/10
Quite a metaphor for an anti-semite. But it figures you'd go with that
choice of words.

Carl

Nov 24, 2010, 2:41:15 AM11/24/10
I'm afraid we've but awakened a sleeping giant. Thanks for bringing this to
us charlie X.

Travis

Nov 24, 2010, 3:04:53 AM11/24/10
In article <4cecc09b$0$7133$607e...@cv.net>,
crot...@NOSPAMoptonline.net says...

Carl,

I'd like to point out that this newsgroup brought up the subject of Lord
Valve while simultaneously and pointlessly insulting him...Charlie x,
Tim McNamara, dave t, W1TEF, etc.. What did anyone expect him to do?
He was invited after all.

If anyone dislikes what he says, debate or ignore him, or be like Rick
Stone and run away. Content is up to the participants, and if they're
devoid then so be it...but it won't be Lord Valve's fault.

Travis

sheetsofsound

Nov 24, 2010, 7:24:42 AM11/24/10
On Nov 24, 12:57 am, Rick Stone <rickst...@rickstone.com> wrote:
> On 11/23/2010 3:18 PM, sheetsofsound wrote:
>
> > On Nov 23, 3:12 pm, Mondoslug<acm...@comcast.net>  wrote:
> >> He knows tubes...I'm pretty sure he didn't vote for Obama though.
>
> > That's why Travis likes him.
>
> I'm so glad I figured out how to kill file these guys in Thunderbird :-)
>   Don't need to get aggravated by their stupid teabagger remarks.  Poof!
> Now they're invisible (and I ain't afraid of no ghosts).

do you have to pay for newsgroup access now?

Johnny Asia

Nov 24, 2010, 7:42:33 AM11/24/10

Go fuck yourself. I have nothing against Palestinians and other
Semites. I am anti-zionist, Israel is the new Nazi state.

Finkelstein deals w/the crocodile tears of a Zionist woman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUTu_7RGxGY

"if you had any heart in you you would be crying for the Palestinians"

Lord Valve

Nov 24, 2010, 9:31:12 AM11/24/10
Carl wrote:

I don't slag anyone who doesn't slag me, junior.

Watch them Willies, son.

Lord Valve
Spook

Lord Valve

Nov 24, 2010, 9:32:26 AM11/24/10
Carl wrote:

That's a bit unclear. Are you calling me an anti-semite?

Just curious.

Lord Valve
Spook

Lord Valve

Nov 24, 2010, 9:33:30 AM11/24/10
Carl wrote:

Like I said - I don't slag anyone who doesn't slag me.

It's, like, karma, man. Farm out!

Lord Valve
Spook

Tim McNamara

Nov 24, 2010, 10:34:29 AM11/24/10
In article <4cecc19b$0$7137$607e...@cv.net>,
"Carl" <crot...@NOSPAMoptonline.net> wrote:

This is why newsreaders have killfiles.

Tim McNamara

Nov 24, 2010, 10:35:59 AM11/24/10
In article <4cecc09b$0$7133$607e...@cv.net>,
"Carl" <crot...@NOSPAMoptonline.net> wrote:

Again, this is why newsreaders have killfiles. It takes two to tango.
Jackasses like"Lord Valve" can only destroy a newsgroup with the
collusion of others.

Lord Valve

Nov 24, 2010, 11:40:55 AM11/24/10
Tim McNamara wrote:

"Destroy?"

Looky here, shit-heel...someone hips me to a thread
where the local fucktards are slagging me, and I haven't
said *jack* *shit* to any of 'em. Did you see me here
before people started talkin' shit? NO, you damnsure
did not. Did I say anything about you? Nope. Never
would have, either. But now...

Fuck you with a rake, asshole. Go lick a hospital
mop. I'll bet you snap your fingers on the downbeat.
Hell, you probably collect Alvin and the Chipmunks
sides - on *vinyl*. I heard you dig Lawrence Welk.
You probably couldn't find Bb with a GPS.

And now yer gonna hafta wait until someone
quotes that, so you can pretend I'm in your
killfile.

Damn, that's gonna itch.

Lord Valve
Organist

Charlie X

Nov 24, 2010, 11:48:16 AM11/24/10
Guys..PLEASE accept my apologies...hopefully he will just go away.
VERY sorry if i caused that.

I sure got my question answered with absolutely no equivocation!

Lord Valve

Nov 24, 2010, 11:57:45 AM11/24/10
Charlie X wrote:

Y'know, "Charlie" -

I think you should shove your head up your
ass and then roll around until you fold into
the eighth dimension. In fact, I'd be willing
to wager that you came from there in the first
place. Weren't you that icky little turd-lookin'
thingy that was stuck to Buckaroo Banzai's
truck when he exited the mountain? HELL
yeah, I *knew* I'd seen ya somewhere
before...go home, little turd. (Instructions above.)

Lord Valve
Organist

Travis

Nov 24, 2010, 1:25:18 PM11/24/10
In article <641252bd-a633-44fb-b22b-311afabf7eb4
@g25g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>, diym...@excite.com says...

> Guys..PLEASE accept my apologies...hopefully he will just go away.
> VERY sorry if i caused that.
>
> I sure got my question answered with absolutely no equivocation!

A simple Google review of this thread yields the vile comments below
that were POSTED PRIOR to Lord Valve's appearance. You guys invoked
his name and insulted him and now you are all acting like his reaction
is over the top and he is going to destroy this newsgroup. How smug,
silly, and hypocritical.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz/topics?hl=en

Charlie X

[...]

W1TEF:
...he's a looney as a bin full of monkeys on LSD.

Tim McNamara:
...Anybody who calls himself "Lord" anything is generally an idiot

(unless they're an actual British peer, and then even some of them are
idiots too).

...Jackasses like"Lord Valve" can only destroy a newsgroup with the
collusion of others.

--
Travis

http://www.youtube.com/user/4thstuning

gco...@verizon.net

Nov 24, 2010, 1:52:15 PM11/24/10

Lord Valve has made my day! He entertains! And he certainly seems to
know what he's talking about re amps, etc.

Fred

Charlie X

Nov 24, 2010, 2:03:23 PM11/24/10
Clearly..he IS a genius!

Tim McNamara

Nov 24, 2010, 6:18:05 PM11/24/10
In article <MPG.27570833b...@news.charter.net>,
Travis <travissomewherei...@charter.net> wrote:

> In article <641252bd-a633-44fb-b22b-311afabf7eb4
> @g25g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>, diym...@excite.com says...
> >
> > Guys..PLEASE accept my apologies...hopefully he will just go away.
> > VERY sorry if i caused that.
> >
> > I sure got my question answered with absolutely no equivocation!
>
> A simple Google review of this thread yields the vile comments below
> that were POSTED PRIOR to Lord Valve's appearance. You guys invoked
> his name and insulted him and now you are all acting like his
> reaction is over the top and he is going to destroy this newsgroup.
> How smug, silly, and hypocritical.

<snip>

> Tim McNamara: ...Anybody who calls himself "Lord" anything is
> generally an idiot (unless they're an actual British peer, and then
> even some of them are idiots too).

A general comment on the egoism required to call oneself "Lord" anything
rather than a "vile" comment about "Lord Valve." I've seen it many
times over the past 18 years on the interwebs and so far without fail
the person has been an idiot.

> ...Jackasses like"Lord Valve" can only destroy a newsgroup with the
> collusion of others.

You should pay a bit closer attention. That was posted after "Lord
Valve" began spewing his idiocy and after I had killfiled him so as not
to waste further time. Google may have effed up the sequence of posts,
however.

And, Travis, you should also read for better comprehension, since the
point of my post from which you snipped this quote was that fatheads
like "Lord Valve" cannot harm or destroy a newsgroup without the active
assistance of others- hence my recommendation to killfile or ignore his
fatuousness. Sometimes context is helpful in understanding meaning.

Keith Freeman

Nov 24, 2010, 6:21:08 PM11/24/10
> Clearly..he IS a genius!
That doesn't excuse the foul-mouthing. I suppose he thinks it's clever. He
needs to grow up.

Lord Valve

Nov 24, 2010, 6:25:31 PM11/24/10
Tim McNamara wrote:

Tim, you're a punk.

You come off like some whiny twat who's having
her time of the month and has managed to run
out of tampons. Man up, junior.

You need a hobby or something. Hey, I know...
why not take up the guitar? You could start
off cheap - try Guitar Hero.

Wait, did I say that? Hell, Google may have
effed that up, yeah, that's the ticket...

Lord Valve
Organist

Lord Valve

Nov 24, 2010, 6:30:47 PM11/24/10
Keith Freeman wrote:

It's not "clever," it's just what happens to be required at the moment.

Don't like it? You know what to do....after all,
I didn't say jack shit to anyone on this board
until some whiny cunts started slagging me.
Y'all invited me here, and here I am. Deal.

Lord Valve
Asshole

Lord Valve

Nov 24, 2010, 6:46:54 PM11/24/10
gco...@verizon.net wrote:

Nah, I bullshitted all those A-list doods into thinking their amps were
kickass after I tweaked 'em.

Shit, I been doing that for over thirty years. Musicians
are gullible, and incredibly vain when it comes to
their hearing - hell, all you hafta do is say, "Can't
you hear that?" The answer is *always* "yes!"
That's the way salespukes in high-end stereo
joints hustle magic wires...those poor audiophools
will pay *hundreds * - sometimes *thousands* - of
dollars rather than admit they can't hear the difference
between the Wanker Wires du Jour and ten feet
of 16G zipcord from the hardware store.

But then, I *am* an entertainer. So this is a tough
room, so what. Fuck it...ride in, get the money, ride
out. BTDT, etc. ;-)

Stay tuned.

Lord Valve
Future Owner, RMMGJ

Travis

Nov 24, 2010, 7:41:28 PM11/24/10
In article <timmcn-C47A9A....@news-1.mpls.iphouse.net>,
tim...@bitstream.net says...

> > A simple Google review of this thread yields the vile comments below
> > that were POSTED PRIOR to Lord Valve's appearance. You guys invoked
> > his name and insulted him and now you are all acting like his
> > reaction is over the top and he is going to destroy this newsgroup.
> > How smug, silly, and hypocritical.
>
> <snip>
>
> > Tim McNamara: ...Anybody who calls himself "Lord" anything is
> > generally an idiot (unless they're an actual British peer, and then
> > even some of them are idiots too).
>
> A general comment on the egoism required to call oneself "Lord" anything
> rather than a "vile" comment about "Lord Valve." I've seen it many
> times over the past 18 years on the interwebs and so far without fail
> the person has been an idiot.

The problem Tim is that this insults another person and invites
defensive and offensive responses that only serve to raise tensions and
distract from the purpose of this newsgroup. Or perhaps for some the
real purpose of this group is to insult others who don't share a
peculiar and narrow set of beliefs...time will tell.

> > ...Jackasses like"Lord Valve" can only destroy a newsgroup with the
> > collusion of others.
>
> You should pay a bit closer attention. That was posted after "Lord
> Valve" began spewing his idiocy and after I had killfiled him so as not
> to waste further time. Google may have effed up the sequence of posts,
> however.

You are correct and I apologize for claiming that particular insult of
yours was prior to Lord Valve's participation. Your insult was indeed
posted afterwards and was mistakenly acquired as I went through all the
voluminous invective hurled at Lord Valve. However that's all besides
the point, name calling is still name calling.

> And, Travis, you should also read for better comprehension, since the
> point of my post from which you snipped this quote was that fatheads
> like "Lord Valve" cannot harm or destroy a newsgroup without the active
> assistance of others- hence my recommendation to killfile or ignore his
> fatuousness. Sometimes context is helpful in understanding meaning.

Contained in your post above (just this one, latest post!) are the
following insults towards Lord Valve:
- egoism required to call oneself "Lord"
- the person has been an idiot
- "Lord Valve" began spewing his idiocy
- fatheads like "Lord Valve"
- his fatuousness

The above doesn't even address the snide comments about my level of
comprehension.

I think any rational person who reviewed this entire thread would come
to the conclusion that Lord Valve is the aggrieved party. I don't
condone his retorts but, unlike the you and the others, he did not
initiate this flame war. Of course the question of how all this got
started is completely ignored by you and the others.

IMO, ignoring Lord Valve or killfiling him is cowardly. The proper and
ethical solution is to apologize to him for the unsolicited invective
and move on chastened but wiser. I won't hold my breath.

--
Travis

http://www.youtube.com/user/4thstuning

Travis

Nov 24, 2010, 7:45:41 PM11/24/10

> Lord Valve
> Future Owner, RMMGJ

LOL!

Happy minion hunting.

--
Travis

http://www.youtube.com/user/4thstuning

dave t

Nov 24, 2010, 9:03:49 PM11/24/10
Lord Valve wrote:
> Looky here, shit-heel...someone hips me to a thread
> where the local fucktards are slagging me, and I haven't
> said *jack* *shit* to any of 'em.

Yeah, well...act like a fuckwad...word gets out.

dave t

Nov 24, 2010, 9:05:01 PM11/24/10
Lord Valve wrote:
> dave t wrote:
>
>> Tim McNamara wrote:
>>> In article
>>> <5be0588a-c194-4196...@l32g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>,

>>> Anybody who calls himself "Lord" anything is generally an idiot
>>
>> That about covers it.
>
> Hey, uh, "Dave" - why not go take a flying fuck at yourself, eh?

Right back at ya..."Lord."

dave t

Nov 24, 2010, 9:12:06 PM11/24/10
Travis wrote:
> In article <641252bd-a633-44fb-b22b-311afabf7eb4
> @g25g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>, diym...@excite.com says...
>>
>> Guys..PLEASE accept my apologies...hopefully he will just go away.
>> VERY sorry if i caused that.
>>
>> I sure got my question answered with absolutely no equivocation!
>

> A simple Google review of this thread yields the vile comments below
> that were POSTED PRIOR to Lord Valve's appearance. You guys invoked
> his name and insulted him and now you are all acting like his reaction
> is over the top and he is going to destroy this newsgroup. How
> smug, silly, and hypocritical.

INSULTED HIM?!! Now THAT'S funny. It's not an insult to describe someone as
they are. And as he's demonstrated in his appearance here, the guy is the
most vile, uncivilized POS on usenet.

You're an idiot. There...that's an insult.

Lord Valve

Nov 24, 2010, 9:13:45 PM11/24/10
Travis wrote:

Hell, I ain't aggrieved. I'm *amused*. ;-)

> I don't
> condone his retorts but, unlike the you and the others, he did not
> initiate this flame war.

I'll finish it, though. Count on it.

> Of course the question of how all this got
> started is completely ignored by you and the others.

Sssshhhhhhh!! Does not compute!

> IMO, ignoring Lord Valve or killfiling him is cowardly. The proper and
> ethical solution is to apologize to him for the unsolicited invective

ROFLMBFAO! HAW!!!

Ain't gonna happen, Travis. These boys is some
snotty stuck-up twats, and they're feeling' all
righteous an' whatnot. They've donned their
sheets and they're likkered up an' ready for
a good ol' down-home country online lynchin'
in B-flat major, an' I'm the guest of honor.

Oughta be downright entertainin', I'd say. ;-)

> and move on chastened but wiser. I won't hold my breath.

I wouldn't either. ;-)

Lord Valve

Nov 24, 2010, 9:26:04 PM11/24/10
dave t wrote:

Well, um, "Dave," - WTF can you do about it now?

You had your chance to shut the fuck up, but you
weren't quite swift enough to figure it out. Remember -
I never said a word about anyone here, and wasn't
planning to. Never would have. That wasn't good
enough for smart-ass cunts like you and your
peckerhead friends, though - was it.

But now, I may just hang out here for a bit.
Could be quite a long bit, as long as turds
like you keep swallowing the hook.

Fair enough? After all - it's your rules I'm
playing by.

Reap the whirlwind, mother-fucker.

Lord Valve

Nov 24, 2010, 9:30:29 PM11/24/10
dave t wrote:

Wow, yer pretty sharp, uh, "dave."

I guess my work's cut out for me, eh?

Mondoslug

Nov 24, 2010, 9:48:31 PM11/24/10
Wow...new twist to this place.

Travis

Nov 24, 2010, 10:00:03 PM11/24/10
In article <ickglo$d7t$1...@news.eternal-september.org>, n...@spam.com
says...

> INSULTED HIM?!! Now THAT'S funny.

Actually it's the truth and it's not funny, at least not for grownups.

Here's your record which you naturally snipped out, all insulting and
written before he ever showed up:

dave t:
...online he's a rude, ignorant, condescending, gigantic asshole.
...As for his prose, I see nothing funny about hurling ignorant and
racist remarks at people simply because
they have different political views. Anyone can be rude and
contrary...no wit involved there.
...Given the extreme mindless vitriol of LV's posts, it was a perfectly
reasonable to inquire whether he
actuallu knew electronics or was an across-the-board loon. Just the
fact that he goes by "Lord Valve" is enough to call his lucidity into
question.
...They're totally amateur in terms of content. In terms of the shit he
rails
against (all things Democrat) he knows NOTHING.
...he's much too civilized to hurl the kind of ignorant invectives LV
spews on
usenet.

> It's not an insult to describe someone as
> they are. And as he's demonstrated in his appearance here, the guy is the
> most vile, uncivilized POS on usenet.

I have trouble making any distinctions between your content and his,
except you started first and his posts are occasionally funny and have a
slight country twang. Other than that you could be the same person.

> You're an idiot. There...that's an insult.

...no, not when it's coming from you.

Happy Thanksgiving!

--
Travis

http://www.youtube.com/user/4thstuning

Tim McNamara

Nov 24, 2010, 11:44:55 PM11/24/10
In article <MPG.27576ca7b...@news.charter.net>,
Travis <travissomewherei...@charter.net> wrote:

> In article <timmcn-C47A9A....@news-1.mpls.iphouse.net>,
> tim...@bitstream.net says...
> >
> > In article <MPG.27570833b...@news.charter.net>,
> > Travis <travissomewherei...@charter.net> wrote:
>

> > > A simple Google review of this thread yields the vile comments
> > > below that were POSTED PRIOR to Lord Valve's appearance. You
> > > guys invoked his name and insulted him and now you are all acting
> > > like his reaction is over the top and he is going to destroy this
> > > newsgroup.
> > > How smug, silly, and hypocritical.
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > > Tim McNamara: ...Anybody who calls himself "Lord" anything is
> > > generally an idiot (unless they're an actual British peer, and
> > > then even some of them are idiots too).
> >
> > A general comment on the egoism required to call oneself "Lord"
> > anything rather than a "vile" comment about "Lord Valve." I've
> > seen it many times over the past 18 years on the interwebs and so
> > far without fail the person has been an idiot.
>
> The problem Tim is that this insults another person and invites
> defensive and offensive responses that only serve to raise tensions
> and distract from the purpose of this newsgroup. Or perhaps for some
> the real purpose of this group is to insult others who don't share a
> peculiar and narrow set of beliefs...time will tell.

Hmm. It appears you need to get over yourself, Travis.

> > > ...Jackasses like"Lord Valve" can only destroy a newsgroup with
> > > the collusion of others.
> >
> > You should pay a bit closer attention. That was posted after "Lord
> > Valve" began spewing his idiocy and after I had killfiled him so as
> > not to waste further time. Google may have effed up the sequence
> > of posts, however.
> >
> You are correct and I apologize for claiming that particular insult
> of yours was prior to Lord Valve's participation. Your insult was
> indeed posted afterwards and was mistakenly acquired as I went
> through all the voluminous invective hurled at Lord Valve. However
> that's all besides the point, name calling is still name calling.

What, calling him a jackass on the basis of his well-known, repeatedly
demonstrated jackass behavior? Gee, I didn't realize you conservatives
were so politically correct. Or maybe it's only liberals you think are
not entitled to express opinions.

> > And, Travis, you should also read for better comprehension, since
> > the point of my post from which you snipped this quote was that
> > fatheads like "Lord Valve" cannot harm or destroy a newsgroup
> > without the active assistance of others- hence my recommendation to
> > killfile or ignore his fatuousness. Sometimes context is helpful
> > in understanding meaning.
>
> Contained in your post above (just this one, latest post!) are the
> following insults towards Lord Valve: - egoism required to call
> oneself "Lord" - the person has been an idiot - "Lord Valve" began
> spewing his idiocy - fatheads like "Lord Valve" - his fatuousness

Travis, Travis, Travis. You are muckraking again. It's boring. Do you
want to talk about guitars and jazz, man?

> The above doesn't even address the snide comments about my level of
> comprehension.

Clearly you are not reading for comprehension. You are reading for
rebuttal. And you are still misconstruing what I wrote for your own
purposes, which makes you a liar. Oh, I'm sorry, is that an insult? Do
you prefer the term "untruthful American?"

> I think any rational person who reviewed this entire thread would
> come to the conclusion that Lord Valve is the aggrieved party. I
> don't condone his retorts but, unlike the you and the others, he did
> not initiate this flame war. Of course the question of how all this
> got started is completely ignored by you and the others.
>
> IMO, ignoring Lord Valve or killfiling him is cowardly. The proper
> and ethical solution is to apologize to him for the unsolicited
> invective and move on chastened but wiser. I won't hold my breath.

The proper and ethical solution is to ignore idiocy when that person is
clearly determined to deliberately carry on in that vein. That's my
plan.

Chickenhead

Nov 25, 2010, 12:00:00 AM11/25/10
Yep, sure is. Good call, Tom.

"tomb...@jhu.edu" <drthoma...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Nevertheless, I wish he'd fix my damn Princeton Reverb!
>>
>> I have an internet acquaintance who sent his Pro Reverb to Lord Valve
>> to be repaired. He didn't get it back for two years.
>
> I don't care about his politics, but this information is relevant.

335

Nov 25, 2010, 12:53:52 AM11/25/10
On Nov 24, 6:42 am, Johnny Asia <baying46...@mypacks.net> wrote:
>I am anti-zionist, Israel is the new Nazi state.
>

> "if you had any heart in you you would be crying for the Palestinians"

johnny asslicker is back with his favorite cliche ridden and odiously
worded tirade. I guess small brains need something simple to grasp
when the facts are difficult and inconvenient.

Hey Johnny Asswipe just how do you determine who is the victim.... the
one that's been terrorized boycotted attacked isolated and kicked out
for 2000 years or the one who refuses no matter what the circumstances
to make a deal over legally partitioned land.

An anti zionist is a person who believes that jews need no homeland
and should be left to the tender mercies of the anglo european and
islamic world. Anyone with any grasp of history who believes this has
to be leaning pretty hard antisemitic. You've swallowed a little too
much of the Chomsky Kool aid and dressed up your prejudice in the far
left's prevailing "designated victim" philosophy.

Travis

Nov 25, 2010, 1:15:15 AM11/25/10
In article <timmcn-932321....@news-1.mpls.iphouse.net>,

Is that a professional diagnosis or are you just failing to address the
point...again?

> > > You should pay a bit closer attention. That was posted after "Lord
> > > Valve" began spewing his idiocy and after I had killfiled him so as
> > > not to waste further time. Google may have effed up the sequence
> > > of posts, however.
> > >
> > You are correct and I apologize for claiming that particular insult
> > of yours was prior to Lord Valve's participation. Your insult was
> > indeed posted afterwards and was mistakenly acquired as I went
> > through all the voluminous invective hurled at Lord Valve. However
> > that's all besides the point, name calling is still name calling.
>
> What, calling him a jackass on the basis of his well-known, repeatedly
> demonstrated jackass behavior?

From the evidence, the "jackass" behavior was started by the names in
the title of this thread. I simply don't see much difference between
your posts and those of Lord Valve, at least he didn't start this crap.

> Gee, I didn't realize you conservatives
> were so politically correct. Or maybe it's only liberals you think are
> not entitled to express opinions.

You haven't been paying attention, I'm neither a conservative nor a
liberal, at least by party sanctioned definitions that is.

> > > And, Travis, you should also read for better comprehension, since
> > > the point of my post from which you snipped this quote was that
> > > fatheads like "Lord Valve" cannot harm or destroy a newsgroup
> > > without the active assistance of others- hence my recommendation to
> > > killfile or ignore his fatuousness. Sometimes context is helpful
> > > in understanding meaning.
> >
> > Contained in your post above (just this one, latest post!) are the
> > following insults towards Lord Valve: - egoism required to call
> > oneself "Lord" - the person has been an idiot - "Lord Valve" began
> > spewing his idiocy - fatheads like "Lord Valve" - his fatuousness
>
> Travis, Travis, Travis. You are muckraking again. It's boring. Do you
> want to talk about guitars and jazz, man?

I'm not muckraking, I'm pointing out the hypocrisy.

I do want to talk about musical subjects that interest me but this is
not that kind of thread.

> > The above doesn't even address the snide comments about my level of
> > comprehension.
>
> Clearly you are not reading for comprehension. You are reading for
> rebuttal. And you are still misconstruing what I wrote for your own
> purposes, which makes you a liar. Oh, I'm sorry, is that an insult? Do
> you prefer the term "untruthful American?"

There you go again. Resorting to insults denigrates you, not me.

> > I think any rational person who reviewed this entire thread would
> > come to the conclusion that Lord Valve is the aggrieved party. I
> > don't condone his retorts but, unlike the you and the others, he did
> > not initiate this flame war. Of course the question of how all this
> > got started is completely ignored by you and the others.
> >
> > IMO, ignoring Lord Valve or killfiling him is cowardly. The proper
> > and ethical solution is to apologize to him for the unsolicited
> > invective and move on chastened but wiser. I won't hold my breath.
>
> The proper and ethical solution is to ignore idiocy when that person is
> clearly determined to deliberately carry on in that vein. That's my
> plan.

That would be a good plan if you and the others first offered an
apology.

However since you, along with your compatriots in libel, still ignore
the fundamental question "who started the insults?", it would be fantasy
to expect anything other than more offensive self justifications at this
point.

Last point before I officially retire from this boorish thread, all of
the recent flame wars I've observed the last couple of months have been
started by people of your political persuasion insulting other people
(with the possible exception of Zucker's doppelganger Eugene something).
Why that is necessary is beyond me but those are the facts. It's
unreasonable to expect others to just put up with it without rebuttal or
in Lord Valve's case, self defense. I'm done.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

--
Travis

http://www.youtube.com/user/4thstuning

RS

Nov 25, 2010, 3:24:09 AM11/25/10
On Tue, 23 Nov 2010 20:13:11 -0700, Lord Valve
<detr...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>Tim McNamara wrote:
>
>> In article
>> <5be0588a-c194-4196...@l32g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>,
>> Charlie X <diym...@excite.com> wrote:
>>
>> > He holds himself out to be an amp genius...but when u hear his
>> > philosophy you gotta wonder if he is at all coherent..
>> >
>> > He has these rants on the amplifier group...I dont want to start
>> > another flame up on this site about politics...but was just wondering
>> > if he actually knows anything about amps or does he just post there
>> > to show everyone how nutty he is?
>>

>> Anybody who calls himself "Lord" anything is generally an idiot (unless
>> they're an actual British peer, and then even some of them are idiots
>> too).
>

>I invented that moniker during a flamewar maybe 13-14 years ago,
>
>Since then, I've made several million dollars
>off it.
>
>Ain't it a bitch? ;-)
>
>Lord Valve
>Organist

You too can make millions posting nasty crap to the internet!

Who knows, maybe multimillionaires really type flames and threats to
usenet all day.The moniker: He showed up on alt.guitar.amps about 15
years ago as "Tube God" (!!), flaming the regulars and doing what
you've seen. He eventually realized that there were already two
pretentious "Tube Gods" on aga and changed his nym. Same deal
then...pretend he's insulted as an excuse to do his vindictive,
childish foot-kicking. Most of us thought he'd move on, but witness
aga. That used to be a great tech group.

Correction about the electronics chops though: He's got near zero
actual engineering knowledge, and has proved that in some laughable
attempts to strut his stuff. Some of the first posts to him were
people who already knew him, not exactly pleased about not getting
their amps back.

It seems pretty obvious who whispered in his ear to get him here. Nice
work! Yeah, now the group must die cause two people said something bad
about Lord Valve.

So yeah, highly recommended! (He's actually talked about shooting
people so you'd better be happy with your amp! <g>)

dave t

Nov 25, 2010, 8:37:00 AM11/25/10
tomb...@jhu.edu wrote:
> On Nov 23, 5:50 pm, Nil <redno...@REMOVETHIScomcast.net> wrote:
>> On 23 Nov 2010, tom walls <tomwa...@gmail.com> wrote in
>> rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz:

>>> Nevertheless, I wish he'd fix my damn Princeton Reverb!
>>
>> I have an internet acquaintance who sent his Pro Reverb to Lord Valve
>> to be repaired. He didn't get it back for two years.
>
> I don't care about his politics, but this information is relevant.

That's the thing...it's not really his politics; it's his antisocial
behavior. I've never seen one coherant statement from him defending a POV.
He just slings invectives.

Lord Valve

Nov 25, 2010, 12:26:02 PM11/25/10
Tim McNamara wrote:

Travis needs to do that?

> > > You should pay a bit closer attention. That was posted after "Lord
> > > Valve" began spewing his idiocy and after I had killfiled him so as
> > > not to waste further time. Google may have effed up the sequence
> > > of posts, however.
> > >
> > You are correct and I apologize for claiming that particular insult
> > of yours was prior to Lord Valve's participation. Your insult was
> > indeed posted afterwards and was mistakenly acquired as I went
> > through all the voluminous invective hurled at Lord Valve. However
> > that's all besides the point, name calling is still name calling.
>
> What, calling him a jackass on the basis of his well-known, repeatedly
> demonstrated jackass behavior? Gee, I didn't realize you conservatives
> were so politically correct. Or maybe it's only liberals you think are
> not entitled to express opinions.

AH! You're one of *those*. How sad for you, and how absolutely icky.

> > > And, Travis, you should also read for better comprehension, since
> > > the point of my post from which you snipped this quote was that
> > > fatheads like "Lord Valve" cannot harm or destroy a newsgroup
> > > without the active assistance of others- hence my recommendation to
> > > killfile or ignore his fatuousness. Sometimes context is helpful
> > > in understanding meaning.
> >
> > Contained in your post above (just this one, latest post!) are the
> > following insults towards Lord Valve: - egoism required to call
> > oneself "Lord" - the person has been an idiot - "Lord Valve" began
> > spewing his idiocy - fatheads like "Lord Valve" - his fatuousness
>
> Travis, Travis, Travis. You are muckraking again. It's boring. Do you
> want to talk about guitars and jazz, man?

Do you?

> > The above doesn't even address the snide comments about my level of
> > comprehension.
>
> Clearly you are not reading for comprehension. You are reading for
> rebuttal. And you are still misconstruing what I wrote for your own
> purposes, which makes you a liar. Oh, I'm sorry, is that an insult? Do
> you prefer the term "untruthful American?"

Never met a lefty who wasn't absolutely sure he was smarter than everyone
else.

Not one. They have this magnificent circular hustle
where they tell you that if you were smart, you'd be
pinkos like they are. "We're smart because we're
Red because we're smart because we're Red because
we're smart..." Man, that's good shit. ;-)

> > I think any rational person who reviewed this entire thread would
> > come to the conclusion that Lord Valve is the aggrieved party. I
> > don't condone his retorts but, unlike the you and the others, he did
> > not initiate this flame war. Of course the question of how all this
> > got started is completely ignored by you and the others.
> >
> > IMO, ignoring Lord Valve or killfiling him is cowardly. The proper
> > and ethical solution is to apologize to him for the unsolicited
> > invective and move on chastened but wiser. I won't hold my breath.
>
> The proper and ethical solution is to ignore idiocy when that person is
> clearly determined to deliberately carry on in that vein. That's my
> plan.

Helluva plan.

And we can see you're carrying it out ever so skillfully.
Carry on, lad. Forward the revolution!

Lord Valve
Evil Rightwing Bastard

Tim McNamara

Nov 25, 2010, 12:32:35 PM11/25/10
In article <tn4se65kid19lrl5e...@4ax.com>,
RS <R...@nospam.com> wrote:

> Yeah, now the group must die cause two people said something bad
> about Lord Valve.

Again, "Lord Valve" CANNOT kill the newsgroup unless people help him to
do so. Don't help him. Ignore him, put him in a killfile, whatever it
takes but do not engage his idiocy. If he posts something reasonable,
respond to that. Ignore the bullshit (in fact, when replying to him
trim the bullshit out of his post instead of perpetuating it by
quotation).

There's another newsgroup killer out there who infected one of my
newsgroups. Thanks to the concerted efforts of the regulars, he has
been marginalized and has not succeeded in ruining yet another
newsgroup. This can be done here, too.

Lord Valve

Nov 25, 2010, 12:36:22 PM11/25/10
335 wrote:

Ah, another one of "my" people.

Johnny Anus is a genuine turd. Had some dust-ups
with him a few years back. He was dissing the USMC,
celebrating the battlefield deaths of Marines, and
babbling about how he was so tough he could kick
any Marine's ass.

Fuckin' loser....

Lord Valve
The Great and Powerful

Lord Valve

Nov 25, 2010, 12:53:59 PM11/25/10
RS wrote:

Only took one day for this wanker to show up.

He likes to make up stories. Ask him what
his name is. Ooops.

Haven't shot anyone yet, but the day isn't over.
Fuckin' turkey better be double yummy, I'm
tellin' ya.

Lord Valve
Hustler

Lord Valve

Nov 25, 2010, 12:57:18 PM11/25/10
dave t wrote:

True, but I can spell "coherent," and that's important.

Neener-neener.

Lord Valve

Nov 25, 2010, 1:26:55 PM11/25/10
Tim McNamara wrote:

> In article <tn4se65kid19lrl5e...@4ax.com>,
> RS <R...@nospam.com> wrote:
>
> > Yeah, now the group must die cause two people said something bad
> > about Lord Valve.
>
> Again, "Lord Valve" CANNOT kill the newsgroup unless people help him to
> do so. Don't help him. Ignore him, put him in a killfile, whatever it
> takes

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAWWWW!!!!

THIS poor "RS" asshole has been "ignoring" me for
*years.* He's got the worst case of The Willies
anyone has ever had, and he is no more capable
of not responding than he is of flying. Good luck
with THAT strategy, "Tim." And you're well on
the way to your own infection. Be brave.

6fingers

Nov 25, 2010, 1:28:48 PM11/25/10

" He knows tubes...I'm pretty sure he didn't vote for Obama though. "

Two thumbs-up in my book.

Lord Valve

Nov 25, 2010, 1:44:05 PM11/25/10
6fingers wrote:

> " He knows tubes...I'm pretty sure he didn't vote for Obama though. "
>
> Two thumbs-up in my book.

Careful, they'll call you a racist. Oh, wait...never mind....too late.

Lord Valve
Wascally Wepubwican

6fingers

Nov 25, 2010, 1:54:12 PM11/25/10

" Careful, they'll call you a racist. "

Music to me ears, ...... it serves as public notice that I've

won the argument.

RS

Nov 25, 2010, 3:33:50 PM11/25/10
On Thu, 25 Nov 2010 11:32:35 -0600, Tim McNamara
<tim...@bitstream.net> wrote:

>In article <tn4se65kid19lrl5e...@4ax.com>,
> RS <R...@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>> Yeah, now the group must die cause two people said something bad
>> about Lord Valve.
>
>Again, "Lord Valve" CANNOT kill the newsgroup unless people help him to
>do so.

Figure of speech. He won't affect this group much. He doesn't even do
that well on aga these days. He's attracted enough people that regard
pounding on him as sport, and he really doesn't enjoy it. He'll
continue to post, per his compulsion, but he's spread a bit thin.

> Don't help him. Ignore him, put him in a killfile, whatever it
>takes but do not engage his idiocy. If he posts something reasonable,
>respond to that.

Agreed, but there's not much point in replying to -any- of his stuff
here. I do read rmmgj, and post here sometimes. Will continue to do
so, but I'll keep any replies to the wasteland of aga (no harm there).
Others should too. People from the Hammond group learned that.

The only reason for my initial post in this thread was a general heads
up, as I was around aga for his puffed up entrance. And to correct the
misconception about his electronics expertise. It really ain't there.
He's fixed some amps (probably screwed up a few here and there), but
he doesn't even know much about how electronics components work.
Sub-high school in that respect. Not that anyone here was about to
send their amp to him. <g>

And I also thought the "Tube God" thing was amusing.

So back to your normal threads. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Lord Valve

Nov 25, 2010, 3:42:06 PM11/25/10
"RS" (not his real name) continued to scratch franticly as his terminal case
of The Willies flared up yet again:

Worse than Herpes. Told ya.

Well, every asshole has dingleberries that
hang around the edges. "RS" (not his real name)
is one of mine, and wherever I may go, he
is sure to follow. I probably dragged a few
others in with me. <shrug> Well, y'all asked
for it, now, didn't ya. So enjoy!

Lord Valve
Asshole

dave t

Nov 27, 2010, 8:46:17 PM11/27/10

To quote the self-appointed Lord Valve: "So I made a mistake. Go fuck
yourself. I'm sure you've never made any, right?"

Lord Valve

Nov 28, 2010, 9:43:35 AM11/28/10
dave t wrote:

You know you've got 'em on a string when they paste stuff outta other NGs.

Smarts, don't it? ;-)

Lord Valve
Self Appointed

dave t

Nov 28, 2010, 12:18:05 PM11/28/10

Yeah, I'm losing sleep over it.

My reading your contradictory posts was quite fortuitous. Exposing blowhard
hypocrisy has its cheap thrills.

dave t

Nov 28, 2010, 12:47:12 PM11/28/10

Swallow the hook? I'm fucking with you, Dude. You're an ornery, loud-mouthed
ignoramus, and once in a while hurling your own shit back at you is easy,
lowbrow fun. What's hysterical is, you got wind that people were talking
shit about you, so you came here and proved them right...IN SPADES!

What will I do now? I'll go back to ignoring you like I do the other 99.99%
of the year.

dave t

Nov 28, 2010, 12:50:53 PM11/28/10

Apparently you can't discern words from context. LV's stock in trade is
childish insults, which are generally baseless. I assessed and described his
behavior, which he's come here and verified.

6fingers

Nov 28, 2010, 1:07:02 PM11/28/10
Dave "t" ,...... eh ?

That's the kind of name you'd see

scrawled on a shit-house wall

followed by a phone number

and offer for free blowjobs.

Take walk fruitcake !

vermelho

Nov 28, 2010, 5:14:51 PM11/28/10
of course Duke, Count, Earl. would be fine, or Prez, King (oliver or Cole)
There were a few ok lords in calypso, though....

vermelho

Nov 28, 2010, 5:10:31 PM11/28/10

Tim McNamara

Nov 28, 2010, 11:08:39 PM11/28/10
In article <2010112817145151871-vermelho@maccom>,
vermelho <verm...@mac.com> wrote:

> On 2010-11-23 20:13:11 -0500, Tim McNamara said:
>
> > In article
> > <5be0588a-c194-4196...@l32g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>,
> > Charlie X <diym...@excite.com> wrote:
> >
> >> He holds himself out to be an amp genius...but when u hear his
> >> philosophy you gotta wonder if he is at all coherent..
> >>
> >> He has these rants on the amplifier group...I dont want to start
> >> another flame up on this site about politics...but was just
> >> wondering if he actually knows anything about amps or does he just
> >> post there to show everyone how nutty he is?
> >
> > Anybody who calls himself "Lord" anything is generally an idiot
> > (unless they're an actual British peer, and then even some of them
> > are idiots too).
>
> of course Duke, Count, Earl. would be fine, or Prez, King (oliver or
> Cole) There were a few ok lords in calypso, though....

They didn't give those names to themselves in self-aggrandizement,
however. Usenet trolls choose their own names.

Lord Valve

Nov 29, 2010, 12:23:39 PM11/29/10

<http://www.lunesta.com/condition/know-your-treatments.html?iid=LHC_knowTreatment&utm_campaign=sem2h10&utm_medium=sem&utm_source=googleppc&utm_content=utm_content=LUN_SEMQ410&utm_term=sleeping-pills&cid=sem2h10ggle_sleepingpills>

> My reading your contradictory posts was quite fortuitous. Exposing blowhard
> hypocrisy has its cheap thrills.

Please describe these cheap thrills.

Which hand were you using when you obtained them?

Lord Valve
<burp>

Lord Valve

Nov 29, 2010, 12:26:07 PM11/29/10
OUCH! ;-)

Carl

Nov 29, 2010, 12:46:50 PM11/29/10
Johnny Asia wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Nov 2010 02:38:38 -0500, "Carl"
> <crot...@NOSPAMoptonline.net> wrote:
>
>> Johnny Asia wrote:

>>> He's the Amp Nazi.
>>>
>>> Johnny
>>>

>> Quite a metaphor for an anti-semite. But it figures you'd go with
>> that choice of words.
>>

> Go fuck yourself. I have nothing against Palestinians and other
> Semites. I am anti-zionist, Israel is the new Nazi state.
>

> Finkelstein deals w/the crocodile tears of a Zionist woman
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUTu_7RGxGY

> "if you had any heart in you you would be crying for the Palestinians"

If you were as well-read as you pretend to be, you would know that
"anti-semite" is not applied to Semites in general. It specifically means
"anti-Jew". Here is a reference which makes it crystal clear for you:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisemitism. If you're gonna hand me that
"wikipedia isn't always right" crap then check it in any dictionary or
source of your choosing. You'll find the same thing.

You can label yourself what you want, but "anti-zionist" is just a pc
metaphor for anti-semite. You can color it with any crayon you want. It
doesn't change the fact. I have read most of your other posts. They are all
biased in one direction and have zero objectivity. You are the
quintessential antisemite. I don't begrudge anyone anything, but I am
disappointed that that exceptional musical talent you do have was wasted on
you, a narrow thinker with a misguided agenda.

Why don't you spend your time condemning the Egyptians and the Jordanians
for the far worse treatment they gave the "Palestinians" before 1967? Why?
Because that wouldn't suit your transparent antisemitic agenda you
full-of-crap bullshit artist. So do me a favor, refrain from using words
like "Nazi" in your posts because it diminishes what the Nazis actually did
to actual real people in an actual real way- just not your relatives I
guess...and then I'll stay away from you on non-political n.g.'s-

I actually hate to bring politics into guitar n.g.'s but you just irk me
with your grave insensitivity.

Carl

Nov 29, 2010, 1:39:18 PM11/29/10
Lord Valve wrote:

> Carl wrote:
>
>> Johnny Asia wrote:

>>> He's the Amp Nazi.
>>>
>>> Johnny
>>>

>> Quite a metaphor for an anti-semite. But it figures you'd go with
>> that choice of words.
>
> That's a bit unclear. Are you calling me an anti-semite?
>
> Just curious.
>

> Lord Valve
> Spook

No, no, not at all. I was saying that his was an inappropriate metaphor
because HE is an antisemite.

I don't always agree with some of your ideas, though I have nothing against
you either. Generally, I stay out of flame wars, and avoid name-calling, as
much as possible. But Asia is a horse of another color. We have crossed
swords before. I just wish that he'd keep his antisemitically charged
references off of the guitar groups and keep them on alt.politics.usa where
they belong.

It was once said that Black people began referring to themselves by the "N"
word (when talking to each other) partly because it worked to reduce the
impact (ie. deconditioned) of the word on themselves when they heard it from
racists. It's a strategy that seems to have worked well. If we allow bigots
like Asia to use words like "Nazi" loosely (ie. "Amp Nazi"), it will have
the same behavioral deconditioning effect, something which I think we DON'T
want to happen. It's not a funny word to many, many people and does not
belong in the vernacular of non-Jews, particularly anitsemites, used the way
he used it, just like there is no proper context for White people to use the
"N" word.

I don't know Asia's ethnic background, but let's see him be funny by using
disparaging remarks about his own ethnic group's historical tragedies. That
should go over well.

Lord Valve

Nov 29, 2010, 2:02:34 PM11/29/10
Carl wrote:

> Lord Valve wrote:
> > Carl wrote:

> >> Quite a metaphor for an anti-semite. But it figures you'd go with
> >> that choice of words.
> >
> > That's a bit unclear. Are you calling me an anti-semite?
> >
> > Just curious.
> >

> > Lord Valve
> > Spook
> >

> No, no, not at all. I was saying that his was an inappropriate metaphor
> because HE is an antisemite.

Ah. I misunderstood, sorry.

> I don't always agree with some of your ideas,

I think there's a support group for that...fairly large. ;-)

> though I have nothing against
> you either. Generally, I stay out of flame wars, and avoid name-calling, as
> much as possible. But Asia is a horse of another color. We have crossed
> swords before. I just wish that he'd keep his antisemitically charged
> references off of the guitar groups and keep them on alt.politics.usa where
> they belong.
>
> It was once said that Black people began referring to themselves by the "N"
> word (when talking to each other) partly because it worked to reduce the
> impact (ie. deconditioned) of the word on themselves when they heard it from
> racists. It's a strategy that seems to have worked well.

I disagree, and so do many black people - Bill Cosby, for instance.

> If we allow bigots
> like Asia to use words like "Nazi" loosely (ie. "Amp Nazi"), it will have
> the same behavioral deconditioning effect, something which I think we DON'T
> want to happen.

Well, you could be right on that one, but...

Look at the word "racist." I've been called
a racist for reasons that are downright
ridiculous - being against affirmative action,
for instance. Or not voting for Obama.
The word has been used on so many
occasions to tar people who don't deserve
the label that it has NO impact now - leftists
attach this word to anyone they disagree
with, for any reason at all. It's become an
all-purpose insult, like "asshole" or "dipshit,"
and what used to be a horrific accusation
is now an everyday insult, easily delivered
and easily shrugged off. And I've been
called a Nazi on many occasions, despite
the hundreds of posts I've made in support
of Israel. Hell, some fool managed to call
me both a Jew AND a Nazi in the same
SENTENCE, and I'm neither. (I guess
he forgot the first half of his accusation
while typing the second...)

> It's not a funny word to many, many people and does not
> belong in the vernacular of non-Jews, particularly anitsemites, used the way
> he used it, just like there is no proper context for White people to use the
> "N" word.

We will have to part company on that one...

I'm absolutely, utterly opposed to the sequestration
of words, phrases, or concepts based on the ethnicity
of the person making the utterance. Thinking like
that, which is mistakenly labeled as "multicultural,"
will lead to the balkanization of society in general.
In fact, it promotes acts of prodigious ignorance like calls
for the banning of Twain's "Hucklberry Finn" becasue
it has the word "nigger" in it; anyone who's read it knows
it's one of the more powerful anti-slavery works ever
published, but nearsighted fools, in their rush to be
seen as "tolerant," can't see past the use of a certain
word. Foolish.

> I don't know Asia's ethnic background, but let's see him be funny by using
> disparaging remarks about his own ethnic group's historical tragedies. That
> should go over well.

I think he's half turd and half weasel. ;-)

Lord Valve
"Racist"

Carl

Nov 29, 2010, 2:13:42 PM11/29/10
Travis wrote:
> In article <4cecc09b$0$7133$607e...@cv.net>,
> crot...@NOSPAMoptonline.net says...

>> Lord Valve wrote:

>>> Look under yer bed, Carl.
>>>
>>> Yep. Dust Willies. They're workin' for me.
>>> Don't fuck up.
>>>

>>> Lord Valve
>>> Spook
>>>

>> Uh-oh. You've brought him here. Be afraid. Be very afraid. Soon this
>> n.g. will be as devoid of content as the amps one.
>
> Carl,
>
> I'd like to point out that this newsgroup brought up the subject of
> Lord Valve while simultaneously and pointlessly insulting
> him...Charlie x, Tim McNamara, dave t, W1TEF, etc.. What did anyone
> expect him to do? He was invited after all.
>
> If anyone dislikes what he says, debate or ignore him, or be like Rick
> Stone and run away. Content is up to the participants, and if they're
> devoid then so be it...but it won't be Lord Valve's fault.
>
> Travis

You are correct. However, though this last "uh-oh, you brought him here"
attribution has been made to me somehow, I did not make this comment.

My comment was the one that said, "I would have preferred that you had not
brought this (name-calling) here. I don't go the amp group anymore for some
of those reasons", and I think it was addressed to Charlie X, though I've
lost track myself.

Let me just repeat that the attribution is wrong and somehow some things
have become disconnected.

Carl

Nov 29, 2010, 2:19:39 PM11/29/10
Lord Valve wrote:
> Carl wrote:
>
>> Lord Valve wrote:

Just to clarify the attributions, I wrote the above two paragraphs beginning
with, "Maybe it's just me".

>>> Look under yer bed, Carl.
>>>
>>> Yep. Dust Willies. They're workin' for me.
>>> Don't fuck up.
>>>

>>> Lord Valve
>>> Spook
>>>

>> Uh-oh. You've brought him here. Be afraid. Be very afraid. Soon this
>> n.g. will be as devoid of content as the amps one.

However, I did NOT write the above paragraph, which has mistakenly been
attributed to me.

> I don't slag anyone who doesn't slag me, junior.
>
> Watch them Willies, son.

So, if this was addressed to me, it is in error. I "slagged" no one. Please
double-check the attributions. Some of them are wrong.

Carl

Nov 29, 2010, 2:21:05 PM11/29/10
Carl wrote:
> Lord Valve wrote:
>> Carl wrote:

>>> Maybe it's just me, but I would have preferred that you had not
>>> brought this here. I don't go the amp group anymore for some of
>>> those reasons.
>>>
>>> Sorry, I don't mean to be either a censor or a party pooper, but it
>>> troubled me to see this here, that's all.
>>
>> Look under yer bed, Carl.
>>
>> Yep. Dust Willies. They're workin' for me.
>> Don't fuck up.
>>

>> Lord Valve
>> Spook
>>

> Uh-oh. You've brought him here. Be afraid. Be very afraid. Soon this
> n.g. will be as devoid of content as the amps one.

I did NOT write this. Carl

Carl

Nov 29, 2010, 2:23:39 PM11/29/10
Tim McNamara wrote:
> In article <4cecc09b$0$7133$607e...@cv.net>,
> Again, this is why newsreaders have killfiles. It takes two to tango.
> Jackasses like"Lord Valve" can only destroy a newsgroup with the
> collusion of others.

Once again, I did not make this "uh-oh" comment though it has been
attributed to me. The attribution is incorrect. Carl

Carl

Nov 29, 2010, 2:42:33 PM11/29/10
Good. At least we've straightened out our positions towards each other! :-)

I'm not going to debate a couple of the places where you disagreed with me,
to the contrary, what you said has some merit (with the exception to say
that the deconditioning of the "N" word has worked - Cosby only said that he
didn't believe that people of color should be calling themselves that
despite that purpose. He was right because it was not originally done with
that intent, and it is not healthy to debase yourself- but it did work out
that way imho- even "rednecks" don't bother using that word anymore).

Regardless of our word-deconditioning debate, we agree that book-banning is
unconscionable.

I'm not going to comment on your remark about Asia's ethnicity. I'll choose
to draw the line there. Let's see if he's confident enough to tell us
himself.

The conclusion here is that I don't like that any poster brought this kind
of a topic to a n.g. as generally 'civilized' and intelligent as this jazz
guitar one, one of the last bastions of sanity in the stupid newsgroup
world. I am gravely disappointed on where this thread has gone, and I hope
the OP has seen the light (I believe he has apologized somewhere above).

Peace.

It is loading more messages.