What's a Takamine EF360C Worth?

Tom C.

Jan 16, 2008, 11:25:09 AM1/16/08
Anybody have an acoustic guitar bluebook out there who can help me out? I've
decided to part with my Takamine EF360C built in '85 (serial number
85080422) and am wondering what the ballpark range is for this instrument.
Will be posting it on ebay once I figure out the the selling price range.
It's in good condition, probably a 7 on a scale of 1 to 10. Has the usual
cosmetic scratches and stuff but no damage. Preamp works but the slider
controls are a little noisey. Comes with OHSC and the original user package
of stuff with the allen wrench and all. Thanks for any input on the price
range.

I did look on ebay completed items but didn't come up with anything for this
model.

Don

Jan 16, 2008, 1:34:41 PM1/16/08
Standard answer follows:

It's worth what people will pay for it. Make it visible with pix, some
buzzwords, and see what happens in an auction. Buy it now won't sell
it for more than someone would put out for it, same with reserve. If
it goes for less than what you wanted, it was worth less. If you put a
reserve on it or it doesn't meet your buy it now, consider whether the
money in hand now is worth the possibility that you might get more in
6 months or a year.
Good luck.

JimLo...@aol.com

Jan 16, 2008, 10:46:29 PM1/16/08

Let me say first of all that I agree with Don that it is worth what
someone will pay for it.

I do have the latest edition Blue Book of Acoustic Guitars. An
EF-360C is not listed. An EF-360SC is listed, with average condition
listing at $475-550. The "S" indicates a solid Spruce top.
Personally, as a buyer and not a seller, I would assume that your
guitar does not have a solid Spruce top unless it could be
demonstratably shown otherwise. (Which means I would not buy it
unless I had seen the guitar and verified it was solid Spruce.) The
value of a laminate Spruce top guitar would be much less.

Now, I always take these Blue Book prices with a grain of salt. Local
demand, etc., makes a big difference. But also, Takaminie guitar
specs and models change so much that they are very difficult to
track. Determining just what features a 1985 guitar should have is
not all that easy.

Auctions are always the best way to get top dollar for your guitar
(especially intermediate models), since the buyers are competing with
each other for the item (hence "shop victoriously" eBay commercials).
With traditional shops, classifieds, etc., the seller is competing
with other sellers for a buyer. So the advice to list it at auction
(eBay) will usually give you the best results.

Best wishes,

Dr. Jim Lowther

Tom C.

Jan 17, 2008, 10:09:57 AM1/17/08
Thanks all for your helpful input. Much appreciated. -- tom c

anyt...@contractorcom.com

Jan 17, 2008, 6:54:18 PM1/17/08
On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 10:09:57 -0500, "Tom C." <nos...@nospam.nul>
wrote:

>Thanks all for your helpful input. Much appreciated. -- tom c

Nothing.

Pete

lala1...@gmail.com

Sep 17, 2015, 4:51:51 PM9/17/15
I also assumed that since it lacked the "S" it did not have a solid top. However, I searched the EF360C on the official Takamine website and under specifications, it stated that it has a solid spruce top. I am just wondering if that is the case, how are they different?

dsi1

Sep 19, 2015, 4:02:24 PM9/19/15
First find out how much it's going to cost to ship it out and state it in the listing. I'd list it on eBay for auction with a start of $175 and a reserve of $275 - you should set the reserve at the minimum you'll take but I don't think you should expect much more than $300. Of course, if you want to set the reserve at $300, set the reserve at $299 instead. Hee hee.

The OHSC and package of stuff is a good thing - make sure you list and take a photo of those. Take 12 nice, clear, pictures with some good close-ups. Good luck! ;)