New Guitarist Arrives

tfer...@my-deja.com

Aug 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/23/99
Just thought y'all ought to know that right in the midst of my
auditioning Santa Cruz guitars, my new little guitarist has arrived.

Thomas Mason Ferrell ("Mason")
Aug. 20, 1999
2:40 a.m.
7 lbs., 11 oz.
20 inches
Mother and baby are doing just fine

You should see the hands on this kid - huge! With long fingers.
Already I saw him making a Bm barre shape. He's awesome. After playing
to him for months in utero, he seems to fully recognize and respond to
the guitar now that he's here. It's amazing - he'll be fussy, and at
the first sound of the guitar he'll calm down and turn his head toward
the music. Nothing has prepared me for this.

Yesterday morning a song just came to me - please indulge me as I
reprint it here (I know this isn't rec.music.songwriting, but y'all are
a lot more fun). The verse is a G D Em C progression, and the bridge is
a bass note walkdown (G->F#->E) to Am C Em D, with an Em -> D jam
and a turnaround back to the G.

The Mason
by Tom Ferrell

I was born to be a dreamer
Born to chase the wind
Born to cross the bridge between
What came before
And what's never been
What's never been

I was born to be a builder
To build castles in the air
I was born with the power
To make something strong
From what's not there
What's not there

bridge...

They call me the Mason
I work with blood and stone
I'll build you a masterpiece
But what I build
You cannot own
You cannot own

I was born to be a sculptor
To lend form to the clay
I was born to teach to you
That you are born again
Every day
Every day

bridge...

They call me the Mason
I work with blood and stone
I'll build you a masterpiece
But what I build
You cannot own
You cannot own

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Jeff Sherman

Aug 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/23/99
Congratulations, Tom. That's great, great news.

Jeff

In article <7prp2f$6ab$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

Bobs Dorgan

Aug 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/23/99
tfer...@my-deja.com wrote:

> Just thought y'all ought to know that right in the midst of my
> auditioning Santa Cruz guitars, my new little guitarist has arrived.
>
> Thomas Mason Ferrell ("Mason")
> Aug. 20, 1999
> 2:40 a.m.
> 7 lbs., 11 oz.
> 20 inches
> Mother and baby are doing just fine
>
> You should see the hands on this kid - huge! With long fingers.
> Already I saw him making a Bm barre shape. He's awesome. After playing
> to him for months in utero, he seems to fully recognize and respond to
> the guitar now that he's here. It's amazing - he'll be fussy, and at
> the first sound of the guitar he'll calm down and turn his head toward
> the music. Nothing has prepared me for this.

Congratulations to you and your wife.
You are starting the finest time of your life.
Enjoy,
Bob Dorgan

Tony Weber

Aug 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/23/99
Congratulations, Tom (and Mrs. Tom).

Amazing how they will respond to the music that you have been playing for
them before they were born, isn't it. Try picking up a child's nylon guitar
in about 9 months or so, for him to play with. Sounds like you now have the
justification for the new Santa Cruz (as if you needed one), for playing
proper lullaby's.

Nice song, too.

Congratulations, again.

Tony Weber

tfer...@my-deja.com wrote:

> Just thought y'all ought to know that right in the midst of my
> auditioning Santa Cruz guitars, my new little guitarist has arrived.
>
> Thomas Mason Ferrell ("Mason")
> Aug. 20, 1999
> 2:40 a.m.
> 7 lbs., 11 oz.
> 20 inches
> Mother and baby are doing just fine
>
> You should see the hands on this kid - huge! With long fingers.

<snip>

Jeff Sherman

Aug 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/23/99
tfer...@my-deja.com wrote:

> . . . my new little guitarist has arrived.

> Thomas Mason Ferrell ("Mason")
> Aug. 20, 1999
> 2:40 a.m.
> 7 lbs., 11 oz.
> 20 inches
> Mother and baby are doing just fine

Oh and btw, Tom. They know what causes that now.

Jeff

Hojo2x

Aug 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/23/99
Congratulations on the birth of your child, Tom - offer our best wishes to your
(justifiably tired) wife.

When both of our children were in utero, they each had a song they responded to
more than any other - with our son it was "Wreck of The Old Ninety Seven" and
with our daughter it was an old Appalachian nonsense tune called "The Reindeer
Song." They'd thump and kick noticeably harder when I'd play those songs.

At least, we THOUGHT that meant they liked those songs; it may have been the in
utero version of "banging on the pipes" to let the folks in the apartment
upstairs know that their music was too loud....

Anyway, playing music for the baby is your job, now. I sang my kids to sleep
every night until they were well into grade school.

Wade Hampton Miller

Daniel Parker

Aug 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/23/99
Congratulations, Tom. If my experience is any indication, you are in for
the best times of your life

Hojo2x wrote in message <19990823155057...@ng-bg1.aol.com>...

<snipped>

>Anyway, playing music for the baby is your job, now. I sang my kids to
sleep
>every night until they were well into grade school.
>

>Wade Hampton Miller

This is an absolutely wonderful thing to do. I've been singing "Gentle
Eddie" (Changed from "Gentle Annie") to my baby for the last several months.
There are time when you can just feel the comfort it gives to the baby.
(Even with my voice!) I used to think it was written about a young lady,
but now I'm betting it was written about a baby.

Now if I could just learn to play it. (I'm working on it, now)

Gentle Eddie (really gentle Annie, but I didn't want to name my son that)

Fair and lovely Eddie, your gentle ways have won me,
you bring peace and joy and laughter, everywhere.
Where you go the sunshine follows,
You're a breath of spring in winter,
and my heart and soul are always in your care.

Gentle Eddie, Gentle Eddie, and my heart and soul are always in your care.

When you touch me with your fingers, my cares and worries vanish,
like the morning dew before the rising sun.
When your eyes tell me you love me, then my soul is filled with wonder,
And my love for you will live when life is done.

Gentle Eddie, Gentle Eddie, and my love for you will live when life is done.

You're the flower among the flowers, you're the birdsong in the morning,
you're the laughter of the children at their play.
You're my hope and joy and wisdom, you're my reason just for living,
you're my treasure you're my very night and day.

Gentle Eddie, Gentle Eddie, you're my treasure you're my very night and day.

When the mountains all come tumbling, and the earth has stopped it's
turning,
when the winds don't blow and stars refuse to shine,
when the moon has left the heavens, and the seven seas have emptied,
I will still have gentle Eddie on my mind.

Gentle Eddie, Gentle Eddie, I will still have gentle Eddie on my mind.

Mark Schulz

Aug 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/23/99
Speaking as a dad - congrats!

Speaking as the dad of a three year old - use your case.

Mark Schulz
schu...@mc.net

----------
In article <7psa6e$k6l$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, Jeff Sherman

TRisner52

Aug 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/23/99
The joys of parenthood are innumerable. The pains are infinite. But I
wouldn't change either. My mom says we pay for our raising and some times I
get minimum wages and some times I feel like Bill Gates.

Ife is wonderful.
Tom (Sugar, thanks for the lovely flower; now get away from that stove!!!) from
Texas

Fred Becker

Aug 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/23/99
Congratulations!

I know the feeling. We have four sons, ages 38 to 45. Even at age 68, I
would do it all over again if God would give me the time..and the strength.
My wife said, "Once around is enough."

Best wished to the family. Fred Becker...

<tfer...@my-deja.com> wrote in message news:7prp2f$6ab$1...@nnrp1.deja.com...

> Just thought y'all ought to know that right in the midst of my

> auditioning Santa Cruz guitars, my new little guitarist has arrived.

John Zyla

Aug 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/23/99
Congratulations on the new child. The song is great too. I'd like to
see the chords and everything! Post tabs!

Enjoy your family,

John Zyla

Mary Jacobs

Aug 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/24/99
In article <7prp2f$6ab$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, tfer...@my-deja.com writes

>Just thought y'all ought to know that right in the midst of my
>auditioning Santa Cruz guitars, my new little guitarist has arrived.
>
>Thomas Mason Ferrell ("Mason")
>Aug. 20, 1999
>2:40 a.m.
>7 lbs., 11 oz.
>20 inches
>Mother and baby are doing just fine

Congratulations, your life will never be the same again!

Watch out for those hormone induced baby blues around the 3/4 day. Just
do EXACTLY what she says for a few days and you should be OK.

Enjoy your little miracle,
My little miracles are wrecking the sitting room right now,
Mary.
Mary Jacobs e-mail: Ma...@obelisk.demon.co.uk

Fred Becker

Aug 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/24/99
Mary;

I was a student at the University of Michigan when our first was born. All
through it my wife was in good spirits and then the "depression" hit. I had
never seen her in such a "blue funk." I got a baby sitter and took her to
The Old German restaurant where she had a German meat paddy sandwich and
six steins of Lowenbrau dark. That was one happy "little momma" that I took
home that night. It also ended the blues. Same thing worked for the other
three.

"I'm not a doctor but I play one on the PC."

Fred Becker...

TRisner52

Aug 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/24/99
Mary stood up and beamed:

>Enjoy your little miracle,
>My little miracles are wrecking the sitting room right now,

Yall Celts are something else. A room just for sitting!! Well, I guess, I
shouldn't talk my house has a room just for living.

Do yall have rooms for standing and stooping and leaning, too?

Tom (Now, a dining room makes sense) from Texas

shrimer

Aug 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/24/99
At our office, we have a stationary room. People come there to just
stand, I guess. (I've never tried it, mind you, it's not my
position...)

Fred

ewes...@bvsd.org

Sep 18, 2015, 9:57:01 PM9/18/15
On Monday, August 23, 1999 at 1:00:00 AM UTC-6, tfer...@my-deja.com wrote:
> Just thought y'all ought to know that right in the midst of my
> auditioning Santa Cruz guitars, my new little guitarist has arrived.
>
> Thomas Mason Ferrell ("Mason")
> Aug. 20, 1999
> 2:40 a.m.
> 7 lbs., 11 oz.
> 20 inches
> Mother and baby are doing just fine
>
> You should see the hands on this kid - huge! With long fingers.
> Already I saw him making a Bm barre shape. He's awesome. After playing
> to him for months in utero, he seems to fully recognize and respond to
> the guitar now that he's here. It's amazing - he'll be fussy, and at
> the first sound of the guitar he'll calm down and turn his head toward
> the music. Nothing has prepared me for this.

Wow. That's just fucking retarded. What retard writes this shit? I mean, fuck... Holy shit... Fuk u fuccbois. Thank mr skeltal

I am jordan buchman

Glutton

Sep 19, 2015, 3:58:19 PM9/19/15
On 2015-09-19 01:56:58 +0000, ewes...@bvsd.org said:

> On Monday, August 23, 1999 at 1:00:00 AM UTC-6, tfer...@my-deja.com wrote:
>> Just thought y'all ought to know that right in the midst of my
>> auditioning Santa Cruz guitars, my new little guitarist has arrived.
>>
>> Thomas Mason Ferrell ("Mason")
>> Aug. 20, 1999
>> 2:40 a.m.
>> 7 lbs., 11 oz.
>> 20 inches
>> Mother and baby are doing just fine

Congratulations on the beginning of your "year without sleep". Once
it's over you'll realize it was the toughest physically but the
curiously one of the easiest emotionally! But I'm sure you know that
well by now, the child in question, born in 1999, is now a 16-year old
teenager!

>> The Mason
>> by Tom Ferrell
>>
>> I was born to be a dreamer
>> Born to chase the wind
>> Born to cross the bridge between
>> What came before
>> And what's never been
>> What's never been

Congratulations again, this time on your ability to share your deepest
emotional expressions here in the wild, where you have as good a chance
of it being encountered by a kindred spirit as a feral dog. To whit:

> Wow. That's just fucking retarded. What retard writes this shit?

This is an example is more the feral type. Childbirth and it joys are
likely as inscrutable as any other humna feeling to this mammal. On the
other hand, you can sleep better at night knowing that it is incapable
of breeding... for a number of reasons.

> I mean, fuck...

I'm sure you certainly do mean "fuck". This along with "shit" and
"eat" is the full triad of all your potential meanings. Thanks for
stopping by, but don't dally--there many other places for you to shit.