Why are so many people saying bad music is good?

Tom Hendricks / Musea

Mar 23, 2015, 8:51:04 PM3/23/15
WHY ARE SO MANY PEOPLE SAYING BAD MUSIC IS GOOD?

Music has really reached some new lows. Why are so many people saying it's great when it isn't? Why are so many people listening to generic formulaic music and claiming it's innovative and new? Why doesn't a single person in the music press stand up for good music, and against the bad that everyone else is praising so much?
Has corporate music jumped the shark?

Consider some of these points:

https://musea.wordpress.com/2015/03/24/why-are-so-many-people-saying-bad-music-is-good/

Andrew Schulman

Mar 24, 2015, 1:39:53 PM3/24/15
Bottom line: what Brahms was worried about happened.

Andrew

gus

Mar 24, 2015, 3:55:05 PM3/24/15
They should LOVE yours...

Steve Hawkins

Mar 25, 2015, 12:18:02 PM3/25/15
gus <g...@sonic.net> wrote in

> They should LOVE yours...

hmmmmm...... that email addy looks familiar, I wonder.......

<ahem> pardon me, sir. Might you have knowledge of the world famous RMMGA
Dork-O-Meter?

Steve Hawkins

Steven Bornfeld

Mar 25, 2015, 2:57:37 PM3/25/15
On 3/24/2015 1:39 PM, Andrew Schulman wrote:

> Bottom line: what Brahms was worried about happened.
>
> Andrew

There is only one answer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR9d4ESlpHY

Steve

Andrew Schulman

Mar 25, 2015, 8:23:12 PM3/25/15
The Portsmouth Sinfonia of R&R.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpJ6anurfuw

Andrew

Steven Bornfeld

Mar 26, 2015, 5:31:08 PM3/26/15
This really holds up, doesn't it?

Andrew Schulman

Mar 26, 2015, 8:55:03 PM3/26/15
They are the Bach and Beatles of their genre.

Andrew

gus

Mar 31, 2015, 3:45:04 PM3/31/15
Why yes, I do. Would you like the plans to build one?

Hope all is well with you, Steve!

--
Bob Alman

Steve Hawkins

Apr 1, 2015, 11:45:39 AM4/1/15
gus <g...@sonic.net> wrote in
Hey, Bob! Hangin' in there, getting ready to head out to the EC Gathering
in a couple of weeks.

Good to hear from you!
Steve

gus

Apr 1, 2015, 8:10:03 PM4/1/15
Steve Hawkins <stephen....@frontier.comremovethis> wrote:
> gus <g...@sonic.net> wrote in
>
>> Steve Hawkins <stephen....@frontier.comremovethis> wrote:
>>> gus <g...@sonic.net> wrote in

>>> hmmmmm...... that email addy looks familiar, I wonder.......
>>>
>>> <ahem> pardon me, sir. Might you have knowledge of the world famous
>>> RMMGA Dork-O-Meter?
>>>
>>> Steve Hawkins
>>
>> Why yes, I do. Would you like the plans to build one?
>>
>> Hope all is well with you, Steve!
>>

> Hey, Bob! Hangin' in there, getting ready to head out to the EC Gathering
> in a couple of weeks.
>
> Good to hear from you!
> Steve

Well after about 10 years I have picked up
Homebrewing again, and am starting out with 10
gallons of a triple ale in the vein of Pliny the
Younger. I'll have to play John Barleycorn when I
try it out.

You were the first person who came to my house for
the first of my gatherings in 1999 if memory
serves me. Those were great times!

I still have the "sign in sheets". :)

Say hello for me, Steve.

Bob Alman

cliff...@gmail.com

Apr 2, 2015, 8:45:12 AM4/2/15
On Wednesday, April 1, 2015 at 4:45:39 PM UTC+1, Steve Hawkins wrote:
> gus <g...@sonic.net> wrote in
>
> > Steve Hawkins <stephen....@frontier.comremovethis> wrote:
> >> gus <g...@sonic.net> wrote in

> >> hmmmmm...... that email addy looks familiar, I wonder.......
> >>
> >> <ahem> pardon me, sir. Might you have knowledge of the world famous
> >> RMMGA Dork-O-Meter?
> >>
> >> Steve Hawkins
> >
> > Why yes, I do. Would you like the plans to build one?
> >
> > Hope all is well with you, Steve!
> >

> Hey, Bob! Hangin' in there, getting ready to head out to the EC Gathering
> in a couple of weeks.
>
> Good to hear from you!
> Steve

Hawkins.................you're STILL HERE!!!????

C.

Steve Hawkins

Apr 2, 2015, 10:17:09 AM4/2/15
cliff...@gmail.com wrote in
Yeah, lurking mostly. There are a few folks who won't transition to the
Facebook group, so this is the only place to talk with them.

Soooo, what are you doing here? :-)

Steve Hawkins

Steve Hawkins

Apr 2, 2015, 10:31:27 AM4/2/15
gus <g...@sonic.net> wrote in

> Steve Hawkins <stephen....@frontier.comremovethis> wrote:
>> gus <g...@sonic.net> wrote in

>>> Why yes, I do. Would you like the plans to build one?
>>>
>>> Hope all is well with you, Steve!
>>>

>> Hey, Bob! Hangin' in there, getting ready to head out to the EC
>> Gathering in a couple of weeks.
>>
>> Good to hear from you!
>> Steve
>
> Well after about 10 years I have picked up
> Homebrewing again, and am starting out with 10
> gallons of a triple ale in the vein of Pliny the
> Younger. I'll have to play John Barleycorn when I
> try it out.

ahhhhhhh..... beer! Something I rarely dirnk anymore, but enjoyed
greatly. Glad to see an artist return to creating!

> You were the first person who came to my house for
> the first of my gatherings in 1999 if memory
> serves me. Those were great times!
>
> I still have the "sign in sheets". :)
>
> Say hello for me, Steve.
>
> Bob Alman

Will do! The Group is alive, well and active on Facebook if you want to
connect with the rest of the gang. The EC, TX and UK Gatherings are
getting close to their 20th anniversaries.

I still remember that first NORCAL meet, pulling into your driveway, just
as you sprinted across the yard, holding chemical weapons, with a pack of
pissed off wasps in hot pursuit. :-)

Steve Hawkins

gus

Apr 2, 2015, 5:05:04 PM4/2/15
Ah, sweet memories. :)

Bob Alman

cliff...@gmail.com

Apr 3, 2015, 1:47:11 PM4/3/15
No idea!!!....it's like going up into a haunted attic full of old cobwebs!!....where's Norm and Dorgan!?...haha.....Cliffhanger.

C.