What happened to Merrill guitars?

Paul D

Jul 28, 2001, 3:20:00 PM7/28/01
Does anyone know where Merrill went? Their phone is disconnected and their
website is gone. Sounds terminal...I sure hope not. That would be a shame.
Can anyone offer any insight?

OohAah

Jul 28, 2001, 5:59:38 PM7/28/01
Paul D wrote ...

I'd be very surprised if Merrill Guitars has
disappeared altogether since I know someone who is
buying a Woodbridge model from them and spoke with Jim
just a few days ago.

Dan

Paul D

Jul 29, 2001, 3:47:23 AM7/29/01

OohAah <ooh...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

I'd be very interested if you could find out more, Dan. His phone is
disconnected and he no longer owns the merrillguitars.com domain name. We
gave him $500 to have our 2nd Merrill built, if there's something going on
we'll need to drive up there and pillage $500 worth of something :)

But seriously, I would like to know what's up.

OohAah

Jul 29, 2001, 3:46:23 AM7/29/01

"Paul D" <dp...@pauls.com> wrote in message

I'll bring this thread to the attention of my friend
who has been in touch with Jim Merrill.

Dan

Dan

John Sorell

Jul 29, 2001, 9:22:16 AM7/29/01
I received word from a close friend of the brothers. He said that "a
non-participant" in the business left and they are going through a
restructure. He assured me that they are still at work and will continue
producing instruments.

John

OohAah

Jul 30, 2001, 12:23:54 PM7/30/01
This was just posted on Flatpick-L:

> I know that the Merrill Guitar Company was going
through some problems
> regarding their shop building. It was up in the air
whether or not they
> would be able to stay in the building.
>
> When I talked with Jim Merrill last week he said that
they were now in
> negotiations to buy the building and stay where they
are. He said he
> felt good about the way things were going.
>
> I think that any phone or web site problems are
probably due to the
> problems with the building ownership and the
possibility that they might
> have had to move.
>
> When I talked with Jim last week he was in great
spirits regarding the
> company. In addition to his brother, Dave, working
with him in the
> shop, his sister is doing some work in the front
office and his son has
> started to work in the shop with him.
>
> Jim told me that he has never pushed his son learn
about guitar building
> (I think his son is now 14 years old). One day
several months ago his
> son asked if he could work with him in the shop this
summer. Jim was
> very pleased, but still asked his son, "Why do you
want to do that?" to
> see what his motivation was. His son said, "Because
I want to learn how
> to do what you do, and I want to be with you."
>
> I'd say that the Merrill Guitar Company is alive and
well.

> Dan Miller
> Flatpicking Guitar Magazine

jf.chri...@gmail.com

Aug 24, 2017, 4:50:28 AM8/24/17
hi Paul, I am chasing my 0014 adi/mada and no news.......quite furious; could someone help me? thanks a lot

Tony Done

Aug 24, 2017, 5:42:45 PM8/24/17
On 24-Aug-17 6:50 PM, jf.chri...@gmail.com wrote:
> hi Paul, I am chasing my 0014 adi/mada and no news.......quite furious; could someone help me? thanks a lot

That thread is 16 years old!! How long have you been chasing your guitar?

--
Tony Done

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=784456

http://www.flickr.com/photos/done_family/

Glutton

Aug 24, 2017, 10:21:41 PM8/24/17
On 2017-08-24 21:42:27 +0000, Tony Done said:

> On 24-Aug-17 6:50 PM, jf.chri...@gmail.com wrote:
>> hi Paul, I am chasing my 0014 adi/mada and no news.......quite furious;
>> could someone help me? thanks a lot
>>

> That thread is 16 years old!! How long have you been chasing your guitar?

I'm still chasing a clean 1952 ES175...

jf.chri...@gmail.com

Sep 18, 2017, 9:10:34 AM9/18/17
May 2017...