Hammered dulcimer resources in UK?

Hojo2x

Mar 19, 2001, 9:15:30 AM3/19/01
Mike Pugh delivered the hammered dulcimer to my cousin in rural England; she's
delighted, but wondering about local and regional resources for the instrument.
Does anyone know whether there are any players or organizations in the United
Kingdom offering instruction on hammered dulcimer? She'd particularly like to
attend a workshop or two, to get her started on tunes and technique.

Thanks.

Wade Hampton Miller

Conrad Shiba

Mar 19, 2001, 11:12:52 AM3/19/01
Wade,

The following resources might be of some help.

Conrad Shiba
Danville, KY
See the following website for teachers:
http://www.grifdigital.com/cgi-bin/teachlist/search.cgi

Here are the names of some builders who might be able to provide further
information:

Martyn Banks (builder)
Oakwood Instruments
8 Ladysmith Road
Leeds, UK

Forbes Hammered Dulcimers
28 Pritchard Cresent
Beauly, Inverness-Shire
Scotland
44-(0)1463-782750

Dove Dulcimers
Barton St. David Road,
Butleigh Street
Glastonbury, UK

Music Magic
49 Richmond Road
Montpelier, Bristol BS6 5EN, UK
(44) 0117 9427 976

Conrad Shiba

Mar 19, 2001, 11:26:36 AM3/19/01
to hoj...@aol.com
Wade,

Here's some more.

Conrad Shiba
----------------------------
Nonsuch Dulcimer Club
Sally Whytehead
19 Ivor Road Worcestershire, B97 4PF
England UK
(0)1527 401040
sa...@ftel.co.uk
Monthly

Zouksrule

Mar 19, 2001, 8:53:58 PM3/19/01
Wow Wade, I am impressed. I didn't know you folks in Alaska even knew where
the UK was.

Larry

Hojo2x

Mar 20, 2001, 9:34:05 AM3/20/01
After I mentioned that I have a cousin in rural England, Larry wrote:

>Wow Wade, I am impressed. I didn't know you folks in Alaska even knew where
>the UK was.

Oh, you'd be surprised, Larry. In the long, dismal winter, when the winds howl
and polar bears roam our streets eating dogs and small children, we huddle in
our igloos and leaf through the Rand McNally World Atlas, wishing we were ANY
place else.....

Wade Hampton "Of Course I'm Not Joking" Miller

Chris Rockcliffe

Mar 20, 2001, 11:45:38 AM3/20/01

Hojo2x wrote:

Wade,

We can send you over some dead animals for those polar bears... it's a small price
to pay to save those poor dogs and small children! A chilling story if ever I
heard one.

gan canny
Chris Rockcliffe

Kevin Krell

Mar 20, 2001, 5:29:11 PM3/20/01
How about the Nonsuch Dulcimer Club, UK?
http://www.nonsuchdulcimer.org.uk/

There's also a WebRing.

Please contribute more links when you find them
More links for Hammered Dulcimer at http://www.worldtrad.org

Kevin Krell
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
ke...@worldtrad.org

Also visit a large ABC database (primarily Irish, Scottish, etc.) at
http://www.tunedb.org , sponsored by ITMS.

musicm...@hotmail.com

Jan 22, 2018, 4:53:18 PM1/22/18
Hello there.
I noticed that the info on here was way out of date.
I have been making Hammered dulcimers for 23 years as of 2017.
I am Tim Manning of Music Magic my website is at http://www.hammereddulcimer.co.uk

Chris Dunkle

Jan 26, 2018, 9:52:19 PM1/26/18
In article <07d2a11b-c4d2-4a5c...@googlegroups.com>,
musicm...@hotmail.com says...
I took a look at it, very nice. Good photographs, lots of good
information. Thanks!

---