OM size guitar 25" scale with cutaway 1 3/4 nut

DanielleOM

Dec 10, 2015, 9:15:26 AM12/10/15

Anyone see any nice flattops lately that conform to the specs in the
subject line?

Does anyone do a mahogany guitar with a cutaway?

Steve Daniels

Dec 10, 2015, 5:51:24 PM12/10/15
On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 09:12:04 -0500, against all advice, something
compelled DanielleOM <danie...@reply.to.group.com>, to say:

>Anyone see any nice flattops lately that conform to the specs in the
>subject line?
>
>Does anyone do a mahogany guitar with a cutaway?

There's this guy:

http://www.kinscherff.com/

m2

Dec 11, 2015, 3:23:59 AM12/11/15

mark.b...@gmail.com

Dec 11, 2015, 3:42:42 AM12/11/15
Does anyone else find that cutaway inelegant or is it just me?

Al Evans

Dec 11, 2015, 7:39:14 AM12/11/15
My second favorite guitar the world is one of Jamie's concert models with a
cutaway, which belongs to a good friend and long-time RMMGA poster.

(My favorite is my own Kinscherff High Noon.)

--Al Evans

Les Cargill

Dec 11, 2015, 12:44:43 PM12/11/15
They are all pretty inelegant. It reminds me of the after-the-fact
cutaways ( that looked like they were done with a bandsaw ) that
Jerry Reed used onstage on teh TeeVee at times.

1) Fact 1 about cutaways: YAGNI ( you ain't gonna need it )
2) Fact 2 : Nobody plays up there.

--
Les Cargill

RichL

Dec 11, 2015, 7:36:48 PM12/11/15
"Les Cargill" <lcarg...@comcast.com> wrote in message
What are you going to do when you need to slap a capo on the 11th fret? ;-)

Seriously, I play up there. Not all the time, but often enough that I find
cutaways valuable.

And yeah, they're all inelegant. They're also functional.

Steve Daniels

Dec 11, 2015, 8:03:07 PM12/11/15
On Fri, 11 Dec 2015 19:36:36 -0500, against all advice, something
compelled "RichL" <rple...@yahoo.com>, to say:

>What are you going to do when you need to slap a capo on the 11th fret? ;-)

I'm going to put down the bong and go to bed.

Les Cargill

Dec 11, 2015, 9:28:26 PM12/11/15
RichL wrote:
> "Les Cargill" <lcarg...@comcast.com> wrote in message
>> mark.b...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> Does anyone else find that cutaway inelegant or is it just me?
>>>

>> They are all pretty inelegant. It reminds me of the after-the-fact
>> cutaways ( that looked like they were done with a bandsaw ) that
>> Jerry Reed used onstage on teh TeeVee at times.
>>
>> 1) Fact 1 about cutaways: YAGNI ( you ain't gonna need it )
>> 2) Fact 2 : Nobody plays up there.
>
> What are you going to do when you need to slap a capo on the 11th fret? ;-)

*Groan* :)

> Seriously, I play up there. Not all the time, but often enough that I
> find cutaways valuable.

Ain't no money above the seventh fret :)

Also - a P90ish electric can sound enough like an acoustic up
there ( when run direct ) that I might use that for "capo at the 11th
fret."

> And yeah, they're all inelegant. They're also functional.

--
Les Cargill

Alan D.

Dec 11, 2015, 9:46:21 PM12/11/15
Some of us always do a compex curvature conic type that is faired into the heel
of the neck. No ledges or sharp corner. It takes some amount of dorking around
to get the wood to do that but it is worth it. I don't try it on that kind of
cut-away where it is part of the bottom side, only on the "pointy" cutaways.
Who decided on the Florentine type nomenclature anyway?
Alan Dunwell

"You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment". - Francis Urquhart

Les Cargill

Dec 11, 2015, 10:12:48 PM12/11/15
+1

--
Les Cargill

Tom from Texas

Dec 12, 2015, 1:49:03 PM12/12/15
Except for the cutaway, the Eastman OM fits the specs. I don't recall seeing one with a cutaway but I wouldn't put it past 'em.

Tom from Texas

Tony Done

Dec 12, 2015, 5:08:14 PM12/12/15
tThe Taylor "12" - Grand Concert - size approximates OM, and at least
the one I checked had a 1 3/4" nut.

https://www.taylorguitars.com/guitars/acoustic/shapes/grand-concert

I'm a Taylor fan because of the way they are constructed, tone is a
personal thing.

--
Tony Done

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=784456

http://www.flickr.com/photos/done_family/

hub...@ccanoemail.com

Dec 12, 2015, 5:22:48 PM12/12/15
On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 09:12:04 -0500, DanielleOM
<danie...@reply.to.group.com> wrote:

_All_ mahogany - soundboard & body ?
John T.

DanielleOM

Dec 13, 2015, 4:13:22 AM12/13/15
I forgot about those mahogany top guitars. I was thinking mahogany body
with a spruce top.

Danielle

jgo...@my-deja.com

Dec 14, 2015, 11:02:50 AM12/14/15
On Friday, December 11, 2015 at 9:46:21 PM UTC-5, Alan D. wrote:

> Who decided on the Florentine type nomenclature anyway?

The "Florentine" and "Venetian" designations were invented by Gibson.

rayboyce

Dec 15, 2015, 2:40:24 AM12/15/15

"Al Evans" <an...@alevans.com> wrote in message
>> Steve Daniels <sdan...@gorge.net> wrote: There's this guy:
>> http://www.kinscherff.com/

> My second favorite guitar the world is one of Jamie's concert models with
> cutaway, which belongs to a good friend and long-time RMMGA poster.
>
> (My favorite is my own Kinscherff High Noon.)
>
> --Al Evans

He speaks from wisdom and great taste. That particular concert model is as
special as any guitar on the planet, and almost as special as the owner.

rayboyce

Dec 15, 2015, 2:52:38 AM12/15/15

"DanielleOM" <danie...@reply.to.group.com> wrote in message

> Anyone see any nice flattops lately that conform to the specs in the
> subject line?
>
> Does anyone do a mahogany guitar with a cutaway?

Danielle,
The Voyage Air VAOM-01C is pretty close to your specs but with a 25.5 in.
scale. I flew with one this week, 3x.

If you can find them you get the folding neck as a bonus. Otherwise contact
Harvey.

~ray

rayshomemail

Aug 18, 2016, 3:21:50 PM8/18/16
Blueridge BR-143CE Historic Series Cutaway Acoustic-Electric 000 Guitar... A bit more bling than my prefs. Pure Fingerstyle Buyers should check before buying for the 1-3/4 neck... I just read a review that said older ones had 1-11/16