OT: 6 Answers to Bernie Skeptics

Paul

Feb 11, 2016, 12:58:36 AM2/11/16

Frank Stearns

Feb 11, 2016, 8:21:07 AM2/11/16
Two generations now of woeful public education, particularly in areas of history and
econ, have gotten us to this point. Sigh.

Read the first chapter of Mark Levin's "Ameritopia". So you hate him; fine. Don't
read anything else but do visit that first chapter.

To the OP:

1. Thanks for ID'ing the post as "OT". That's rare for these kinds of posts.

2. QUIT SHOUTING WITH CAPS!! Shouters are more often laughed at or ignored than
read.

Frank
Mobile Audio
--
.

Paul

Feb 11, 2016, 9:05:31 AM2/11/16
On 2/11/2016 6:21 AM, Frank Stearns wrote:
> Paul <quill...@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> MAKES COMPLETE SENSE TO ME!
>
>> https://www.facebook.com/shaunking/videos/981935358512049/
>
> Two generations now of woeful public education, particularly in areas of history and
> econ, have gotten us to this point. Sigh.
>
> Read the first chapter of Mark Levin's "Ameritopia". So you hate him; fine. Don't
> read anything else but do visit that first chapter.

MARK LEVIN IS AN IDIOT. LISTEN TO HIM ON THE RADIO, SO I KNOW.

BUT I STILL READ THIS FIRST CHAPTER, AS YOU SUGGESTED, AND IT
DOESN'T MAKE SENSE TO ME, WHICH DOES NOT SURPRISE ME COMING FROM MR. LEVIN:

"Equality, as understood by the American Founders, is the
natural right of every
individual to live freely under self-government, to acquire and retain
the property he creates
through his own labor, and to be treated impartially before a just law."

TRUE SELF-GOVERNMENT WOULD MEAN THE END OF THE DRAFT, SO THAT
NO ONE COULD BE FORCED TO FIGHT AND KILL AND DIE FOR AN OIL WAR LIKE
IRAQ. IT WOULD MEAN NO PUBLIC SERVICES LIKE POLICE, FIREFIGHTERS,
PUBLIC ROADS AND SCHOOLS, ETC. EVERYTHING WOULD BE PRIVATELY OWNED,
WHICH IS OF COURSE, RIDICULOUS AND IMPOSSIBLE.

AND I WOULD SAY EQUALITY INCLUDES THE ABILITY TO NOT ACCEPT
WEALTH RE-DISTRIBUTION FROM THE MIDDLE CLASS TO THE TOP 1% VIA
NO-BID MILITARY CONTRACTS, WHICH ARE MADE POSSIBLE THROUGH LOBBYING
AND CAMPAIGN CONTRIBUTIONS (WHICH SHOULD BE ILLEGAL).

Steve Hawkins

Feb 11, 2016, 9:46:49 AM2/11/16
Paul <quill...@gmail.com> wrote in news:n9h7or$lv1$1...@dont-email.me:
I'll tell you what would make better better sense. Stop crossposting off
topic BS to multiple newsgroups!!!!

PeterN

Feb 11, 2016, 10:04:03 AM2/11/16
On 2/11/2016 8:21 AM, Frank Stearns wrote:
> Paul <quill...@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> MAKES COMPLETE SENSE TO ME!
>
>> https://www.facebook.com/shaunking/videos/981935358512049/
>
> Two generations now of woeful public education, particularly in areas of history and
> econ, have gotten us to this point. Sigh.
>
> Read the first chapter of Mark Levin's "Ameritopia". So you hate him; fine. Don't
> read anything else but do visit that first chapter.

From the viewpoint of this former college professor, I believe that:
politics and political correctness have compromised the integrity of our
educational system;

there is insufficient parental support for educators; while parental
guidance on homework should be encouraged, I think it is
counterproductive for parents to do the kids homework, for various reasons;

there is too much emphasis on the how to courses, and not enough on the
liberal arts classes that teach thinking and communication.

In the interests of full disclosure I was not tenured and had a part
line, of two classes. My contract was not renewed after I, with full
regard for the probable consequences, called the department chairman a
pompous asshole who had placed his on ego above the health of others.
(My comment referred to an incident unrelated to education.)

--
PeterN

Tom from Texas

Feb 18, 2016, 1:34:18 PM2/18/16
Right! No guitar content. I don't think Bernie plays guitar

Tom from Texas

Steve Freides

Feb 18, 2016, 2:04:09 PM2/18/16
Wasn't everybody that old a hippie at some point and played the guitar?

-S-