Bridge Pin Size for Fender Californian

Steve Freides

Apr 21, 2016, 10:19:11 AM4/21/16
I student brought me a very well-used Fender Californian acoustic guitar
yesterday. Electric guitar style head stock with all the tuning
machines on one side.

I called Stew-Mac to try and order a set of bridge pins for it because
one is missing, and they told me there are 10 or 12 different sizes,
including different tapers, and that they couldn't tell me what this
guitar needed.

Any suggestions on how to proceed? My suggestion to my student was to
take in to a shop where the techs would likely have several different
sizes on hand try to, but since some of the bridge pins appeared to be
the wrong size - they were shimmed with paper - it seems a full, new set
is in order.

Thanks in advance.

-S-

David L. Martel