Jester Rosewood Dreadnought

JOHNPEARSE

Feb 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/23/99
'Way back in the very early eighties, I designed some guitars for a company
called Jay Associates in Pennsylvania. They were marketed as "Jester" guitars.
Some were made in Romania, and were maple back and sides. Cheapo but real good
sounding. The others were made in Holland and were really nice, with mahogany
or rosewood back and sides. I would dearly love to get my hands on one of the
Dutch rosewood and spruce dreadnoughts to give to my son. If anyone has one
that they would like to sell, please contact me.
Thanks,
John Pearse.

rguit...@gmail.com

Nov 17, 2013, 10:05:19 AM11/17/13
Hi my name Is Rex Moore and I have been eyeballing one of your jester guitars on Shopgoodwill.com. It is in pretty good condition but the neck has a hairline crack starting at the neck joint. It is one of the Romania models but still a nice one, I think a copy of the D-28. I would dearly love to have it. it is priced at $15.00 plus $36.00 shipping. I rebuild guitars for the children at the Bair Foundation in Tulsa Ok. Haven't done this for a while but getting started again as I was abandoned as a child my self. I know what it means to a child to have someone hand you an instrument and say I believe in you.

Did you find the guitar for your Son? If not I hope this one would maybe be acceptable.
Sincerely; Rex Allen Moore.

Steve Daniels

Nov 17, 2013, 12:27:11 PM11/17/13
On Sun, 17 Nov 2013 07:05:19 -0800 (PST), against all advice, something
compelled rguit...@gmail.com, to say:

>Did you find the guitar for your Son?

John has since died. I hope he found a suitable instrument before he
passed on.

Claude V. Lucas

Nov 17, 2013, 2:09:40 PM11/17/13
In article <788b20e1-ddfb-4807...@googlegroups.com>,
Hi Rex

Apparently you missed something important in the posting you quoted.

I'll repeat it for you:

"On Tuesday, February 23, 1999 2:00:00 AM UTC-6..."

In any case, it's nice that you seem to care...

Steve Freides

Nov 18, 2013, 9:58:52 AM11/18/13
Bonjour.

mike...@gmail.com

Feb 3, 2016, 2:20:07 PM2/3/16
On Tuesday, February 23, 1999 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, johnp...@aol.com wrote:
> 'Way back in the very early eighties, I designed some guitars for a company
> called Jay Associates in Pennsylvania. They were marketed as "Jester" guitars.
> Some were made in Romania, and were maple back and sides. Cheapo but real good
> sounding. The others were made in Holland and were really nice, with mahogany
> or rosewood back and sides. I would dearly love to get my hands on one of the
> Dutch rosewood and spruce dreadnoughts to give to my son. If anyone has one
> that they would like to sell, please contact me.
> Thanks,
> John Pearse.

I am having trouble appraising one. i have the serial#. can you please contact me, thanks

mike...@gmail.com

Feb 3, 2016, 2:21:23 PM2/3/16
Does anyone know how i can look up a serial # for these guitars?