Norm!

larry...@hotmail.com

May 6, 2016, 9:35:25 AM5/6/16
As soon as I saw the headline containing "Atlantic City Lifeguards" I thought of ol' Norman Draper, but I had no idea he'd be the focal point of the article! Glad to see he's still kickin' and looking good. Hope the rest of you rmmga "old timers" are doing the same.

larry...@hotmail.com

May 6, 2016, 9:41:15 AM5/6/16
On Friday, May 6, 2016 at 8:35:25 AM UTC-5, larry...@hotmail.com wrote:
> As soon as I saw the headline containing "Atlantic City Lifeguards" I thought of ol' Norman Draper, but I had no idea he'd be the focal point of the article! Glad to see he's still kickin' and looking good. Hope the rest of you rmmga "old timers" are doing the same.

Idiot.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/07/nyregion/lifeguard-pensions-questioned-as-atlantic-citys-finances-falter.html?hpw&rref=nyregion&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=well-region&region=bottom-well&WT.nav=bottom-well

Al Evans

May 7, 2016, 7:48:43 AM5/7/16
Them as is still above ground seem to be gettin' along. I don't think Norm
has Usenet access any more (nor do a lot of the others), but a number of
them are on Facebook. We just saw Tom Risner, Stan Milam, and Ken Cashion
last weekend at the Dallas/Fort Worth RMMGA Gathering, and they're all
still playing.

--Al Evans

Alan D.

May 9, 2016, 7:02:44 PM5/9/16
Thanks for the link. Glad Norm is doing OK despite the problems. I didn't know
that his whole family had been doing that. I was a WSI for some time and
lifeguard for pools while I was in the service so I understand what he was
saying.

Alan D.

"You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment". - Francis Urquhart

juanmo...@gmail.com

Jun 11, 2016, 2:50:20 PM6/11/16
You might find it interesting to know that I found this post by Googling "Atlantic City guitar playing lifeguard". I followed RMMGA decades ago and remembered some of the guys that made it great. Was checking to seeif it's still active.

don hindenach

Jun 11, 2016, 4:10:24 PM6/11/16

yup

--