"How Not To Think Like a Guitar Player & Still Be One"

Rick Ruskin

Mar 25, 2015, 1:16:15 PM3/25/15
Rick Ruskin Fingerstyle Guitar Workshop
"How Not To Think Like a Guitar Player & Still Be One"

This Saturday @ 11am - 1pm
211 Lambert Ave.
Palo Alto, Ca 94306
650-493-2131
Cost: $40.00 Rick Ruskin
Learning patterns and other peoples' licks can only take your
abilities so far. At some point every player wants the experience of
playing "without a net." This workshop, taught by a guitarist who has
made his reputation by arranging and playing some of the most
unexpected tunes as fingerstyle pieces, is designed to help get you
there. Music and techniques will be performed, examined and explained.
Hand outs included. Bring tape recorders, instruments, writing
implements, and lots of questions. All levels of players welcome.
Rick Ruskin
Lion Dog Music- Seattle WA
http://liondogmusic.com

hank alrich

Mar 27, 2015, 1:22:49 PM3/27/15
This Ruskin guy is both an outstanding player, he is an excellent
teacher. He knows what he is doing, and how he does it, and he can help
a picker improve.

--
shut up and play your guitar * HankAlrich.Com
HankandShaidriMusic.Com

hank alrich

Mar 27, 2015, 1:22:49 PM3/27/15
Rick Ruskin <lio...@isomedia.com> wrote:

> Learning patterns and other peoples' licks can only take your
> abilities so far. At some point every player wants the experience of
> playing "without a net."

Now you tell me.

hank alrich

Apr 17, 2015, 1:51:39 PM4/17/15
hank alrich <walk...@nv.net> wrote:

> Rick Ruskin <lio...@isomedia.com> wrote:
>
> > Learning patterns and other peoples' licks can only take your
> > abilities so far. At some point every player wants the experience of
> > playing "without a net."
>
> Now you tell me.

I was just practicing in the kitchen and was told I shouldn't be doing
that without a hair net.

gus

Apr 17, 2015, 3:55:03 PM4/17/15
hank alrich <walk...@nv.net> wrote:
> hank alrich <walk...@nv.net> wrote:
>
>> Rick Ruskin <lio...@isomedia.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Learning patterns and other peoples' licks can only take your
>> > abilities so far. At some point every player wants the experience of
>> > playing "without a net."
>>
>> Now you tell me.
>
> I was just practicing in the kitchen and was told I shouldn't be doing
> that without a hair net.

Don't forget your beard net...

Bob Alman

hank alrich

Apr 19, 2015, 4:53:37 PM4/19/15
Good catch. Nice to hear from ya. Where you been?

I'm still full of shit. Where's Norm?

Tom from Texas

Apr 20, 2015, 6:53:02 PM4/20/15
I know you and I'd say you require a beard guard, too. It'll help keep your beard outa the strings, too. Now, about this Ruskin guy, does he do home delivery?

Tom (practice?) from Texas

Rick Ruskin

Apr 20, 2015, 8:16:24 PM4/20/15
Sure I do. Books, CD's, & videos. In person fee is $50 per hour
door-to-door, round-trip. I have a Maserati fund tom feed, ya know.

RR

gus

Apr 26, 2015, 11:30:04 AM4/26/15
hank alrich <walk...@nv.net> wrote:
> gus <g...@sonic.net> wrote:
>
>> hank alrich <walk...@nv.net> wrote:

>> > I was just practicing in the kitchen and was told I shouldn't be doing
>> > that without a hair net.
>> >

>> Don't forget your beard net...
>>
>> Bob Alman
>
> Good catch. Nice to hear from ya. Where you been?
>
> I'm still full of shit. Where's Norm?

:) I drop in here every once in a while. It's
nice to see a few are still here. I don't use
Facebook, so this is it.

I wonder how Norm's doing? He had cancer, and I
never heard if he kicked it.

Glad to see your gigs are doing well!

Bob Alman

hank alrich

Apr 26, 2015, 12:35:06 PM4/26/15
gus <g...@sonic.net> wrote:

> hank alrich <walk...@nv.net> wrote:
> > gus <g...@sonic.net> wrote:

> >> Don't forget your beard net...
> >>
> >> Bob Alman
> >
> > Good catch. Nice to hear from ya. Where you been?
> >
> > I'm still full of shit. Where's Norm?

:) I drop in here every once in a while. It's
> nice to see a few are still here. I don't use
> Facebook, so this is it.

I still like this haunt a lot. That said, FB has proven to be a large
and free (but for time invested, of which I have more than money to
invest) resource for me, putting me in contact with folks I haven't seen
in decades, people Ive never met who support our music, etc.

> I wonder how Norm's doing? He had cancer, and I
> never heard if he kicked it.

He did, and as far as I can tell he is as full of piss and vinegar as
ever. That said, I don't think he remembers how to work Usenet.

> Glad to see your gigs are doing well!

Thank you. Yeah, that is fun. Shaidri just keeps getting better.

I have a new duo, too, ,H HA!, with Andrew Hardin. We have become
picking pals and good friends. This is the first time in my life I've
been in a band with someone famous, so I intend to milk that for
everthing we can.

> Bob Alman

RichL

Apr 26, 2015, 4:50:59 PM4/26/15
"hank alrich" <walk...@nv.net> wrote in message
For what it's worth, Norman is at the East Coast Gathering this weekend.
Couldn't make it myself, but I see the pics.