music director suraj

Dellpak

May 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/5/00
i recently heard a very good song by mohd.rafi from 1960'sfilm Street
singer,music by Suraj. does any body give info.about this music direcor

Roop Singh Chandel (Assoc Prof)

May 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/5/00
Yes this guy called " SURAJ" composed for Street Singer and the film had
ome good Rafi songs. Actually that time there was a rumour that Shanker
( of Shanker-Jaikishen) used this dummy name of SURAJ and composed for
this film which was produced/directed by his friend Chandrashekhar (
Both are from Hyderabad). This was the time when there were strong
rumours that S-J may split over Sharda. This rumour was strenghtened by
the fact that Sharda had sung few songs for Street Singer.
*************

il_kh...@my-deja.com

May 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/6/00
In article <0CF260C495FED111A661...@mail3.ntu.edu.sg>,

"Roop Singh Chandel (Assoc Prof)" <ASCH...@ntu.edu.sg> wrote:
> Yes this guy called " SURAJ" composed for Street Singer and the film
had
> ome good Rafi songs. Actually that time there was a rumour that
Shanker
> ( of Shanker-Jaikishen) used this dummy name of SURAJ and composed for
> this film which was produced/directed by his friend Chandrashekhar (
> Both are from Hyderabad). This was the time when there were strong
> rumours that S-J may split over Sharda. This rumour was strenghtened
by
> the fact that Sharda had sung few songs for Street Singer.
> *************

I recall reading a story around the time that it was
Sharda herself who had composed the music for this
film under the assumed name "Suraj".
I think "Suraj" (1966) was the debut film for Sharda
as a playback singer ("Titli uRi"), hence the choice
of this name for her debut as a Music Director.

Afzal

> > i recently heard a very good song by mohd.rafi from 1960'sfilm
Street
> > singer,music by Suraj. does any body give info.about this music
> > direcor

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

surjit...@yahoo.com

May 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/6/00
In article <8evtq5$bm7$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

According to "Encyclopaedia of Indian Cinema" by Rajadhyaksha and
Wilemen:

For Chandrashekhar's Street Singer, Shankar used the name Suraj.

--
Surjit Singh, a diehard movie fan(atic), period.

http://www.netcolony.com/entertainment/surjit/

surjit...@yahoo.com

May 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/6/00

Roop Singh Chandel (Assoc Prof)

May 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/6/00
Afzal,

What you say sounds plausible

srira...@gmail.com

Nov 6, 2019, 12:56:00 AM11/6/19
On Friday, 5 May 2000 12:30:00 UTC+5:30, Dellpak wrote:
> i recently heard a very good song by mohd.rafi from 1960'sfilm Street
>6th Nov 2019.
singer,music by Suraj. does any body give info.about this music direcor

actually very little is known about this small time music director -Suraj of the sixtees. of what I know I used to think he was assisting Shankar _Jaikishan and then he was given a break in 1966 for "street singer" under the name suraj. but after that there was no news about him . did he score music for other films.there is no info about him.