Dil ka kiya jala ke gaya...(lyrics)

neha...@hotmail.com

Apr 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/24/98

Doing my good deed for the day, since I have been humming this song since the
morning, might as well post it for ISB. Dont remember the pstats.
Anil I dont know if this could have been a part of your Latanjali series, but
since I hadnt asked you, I am going ahead and posting them. Let me know if they
should be a part of the series.

The song seems like it must have been picturised on a girl who has discovered
that she is in love. Music could have been better, but even so it sounds good
the way it is.

Singer: Lata

Dil ka diya jala ke gaya...
ye kaun meri tanhaayi mein...
soye nagme jaag uthhe...
honthon ki shehnaayi pe...

pyar armaanon ka dar khatkaaye...
khwaab jaagi ankhon se milne ko aaye...
pyar armaanon ka dar khatkaaye...
khwaab jaagi ankhon se milne ko aaye...
kitne saaye dol padey...
sooni si anganaayi mein...
dil ka diya jala ke gaya...
ye kaun meri tanhaayi mein...

ek hi nazar mein nikhar gayi main to..
aaina jo dekha sanwar main to...
ek hi nazar mein nikhar gayi main to..
aaina jo dekha sanwar main to...
tan pe ujala phail gaya...
pehli hi angadaayi mein...
dil ka diya jala ke gaya...
ye kaun meri tanhaayi mein...

kaanpte labon ko main khol rahi hun..
bol wahi jaise ke bol rahi hun...
kaanpte labon ko main khol rahi hun..
bol wahi jaise ke bol rahi hun...
bol jo doobe se hai kahin...
is dil ki gehraayi mein...
dil ka diya jala ke gaya...
ye kaun meri tanhaayi mein...

an innocent oh-so-sweet song!!

--
Neha

neha...@hotmail.com

Apr 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/24/98

and a big 'OOOPSSS!!!' for the typo in the subject header, it should read 'dil
ka diya..' before Hema comes behind me with a stick!!:))

--
Neha

Anil Hingorani

Apr 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/24/98

Neha,

neha...@hotmail.com wrote:

> and a big 'OOOPSSS!!!' for the typo in the subject header, it should read 'dil
> ka diya..' before Hema comes behind me with a stick!!:))

The p-stats are:
Akashdeep/Chitragupta/Majrooh

Lata/Chitragupta songs are a class by themselves. She must have liked
him a lot - just listen to the way she sang his songs.

About posting this as a part of LATAnjali series, that is entirely
your choice. You don't need to ask or even adhere to the sequence
numbering. Or if you don't like out-of-whack sequencing, you can
always mail it to me for posting.

Cheers,

--
ANIL P. HINGORANI
e-mail: hingora...@jpmorgan.com

Ashok

Apr 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/25/98

In article <6hq62u$h...@pdrn.zippo.com>, neha...@hotmail.com says...

>The song seems like it must have been picturised on a girl who has discovered
>that she is in love. Music could have been better, but even so it sounds good
>the way it is.

What is wrong with the music? (you perhaps mean orchestration?)
Lovely prelude, perfectly in keeping with the soft, almost hushed, tone of the
song. You perhaps find the interludes neither tight and minimal, nor rich
and lush.

Interestingly, it is picturized on a speech-impaired character! Nimmi in
'Akash Deep' plays the role of a dumb woman. Yes, she is experiencing love.
She expresses it by putting a record on.

I thnk the film also had another lovely Lata number:

mile to bhir jhuke nahi.n nazar wahi paar ki
naadaan dil tujhe kyaa maaloom

(Please confirm the film.)

I am sure the following nice Rafi solo in from 'Akash Deep':

mujhe dard-e-dil kaa pataa na thaa, mujhe aap kis liye mil gaye

Score one more successful soundtrack for the Majrooh-Chitragupta combination.

>Singer: Lata
>
>Dil ka diya jala ke gaya...
>ye kaun meri tanhaayi mein...
>soye nagme jaag uthhe...
>honthon ki shehnaayi pe...

>Neha

Ashok

Hemlata N Khemani

Apr 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/26/98

On Fri, 24 Apr 1998, Anil Hingorani wrote:

> Neha,
> neha...@hotmail.com wrote:
> >
> > and a big 'OOOPSSS!!!' for the typo in the subject header, it should read 'dil
> > ka diya..' before Hema comes behind me with a stick!!:))

There. After being ruthlessly named as an eternal nit-picker, a (fatuous)
bandwidth waster (etc. etc.), now I have also become a violent person!!
are nahin bhai, I don't have the nerve anymore to come behind you with a
stick, now I am even scared by your name, it gives me goosebumps. eee!!!
now where's my hanuman chalisa and the string of rosary beads?:))
just kidding...don't start to fret and fume now, okay.:))

> The p-stats are:
> Akashdeep/Chitragupta/Majrooh
>
> Lata/Chitragupta songs are a class by themselves. She must have liked
> him a lot - just listen to the way she sang his songs.

^^^
:)) So Lata liked this guy, CR, Roshan, Anil Biswas, Salil, SDB, Sajjad,
Sudhir Phadke, etc. etc., all of them a lot since she sang their songs so
beautifully and many of her songs for them are truly a class!:))

BTW I hope Anil is not calling this song "dil ka diya jala ke gaya" as a
"class" song! 'cause I personally think of this song as one of the
lousiest Lata songs. If this is a class, I would rather not have the
"vintage" pulav and prefer my fav warm, light idli(doo).:))

Hema.
hamse diiwane kahin tar ke vafaa karte hain [what does this mean]
jaan jaye ke rahe baat nibha dete hain
Lata in "jurm-e-ulfat pe hamen log sazaa dete hain"

Hrishi Dixit

Apr 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/26/98

> hamse diiwane kahin tar ke vafaa karte hain [what does this mean]

I think that line goes
Hum se diiwane kahin turq-e-wafaa karte hain
^^^^^^^^^^^^
As for what it means, I'm quite clueless, having missed out on the
meaning of one of the key words ('turq'), but I can hazard a conjecture that
it is something negative, like breach of faith, or betrayal of faith or something.
Need some Urdu guru to help out here.

..Hrishi

> jaan jaye ke rahe baat nibha dete hain
> Lata in "jurm-e-ulfat pe hamen log sazaa dete hain"

Hrishi Dixit S C H L U M B E R G E R

281.285.4065 voice Sugar Land Product Center
281.285.4344 fax 110 Schlumberger Drive
hri...@slb.com email Sugar Land, TX 77478, USA

jmj

Apr 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/26/98

Anil Hingorani wrote in message <3540C79E...@arco.ny.jpmorgan.com>...

>Neha,
>neha...@hotmail.com wrote:
>>
>> and a big 'OOOPSSS!!!' for the typo in the subject header, it should read
'dil
>> ka diya..' before Hema comes behind me with a stick!!:))
>>

>The p-stats are:
>Akashdeep/Chitragupta/Majrooh
>
>Lata/Chitragupta songs are a class by themselves. She must have liked
>him a lot - just listen to the way she sang his songs.

Must have. There are a couple that just have a certain mytique around them:
Dil ka diya chura lay gaya
Lagi na chutay gi, pyar ki zaalima

I'm thinking it's a nasal quality to the voice of Lata - but then again,
Khaiyyam's compositions for Lata always come off nasal
eg.
Bharleyn tumhe bahon may
Kuch aur behek jaon

Umang Bali

Apr 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/27/98
to hri...@slb.com

Hrishi Dixit wrote:

> > hamse diiwane kahin tar ke vafaa karte hain [what does this mean]
>
> I think that line goes
> Hum se diiwane kahin turq-e-wafaa karte hain
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^
> As for what it means, I'm quite clueless, having missed out on the
> meaning of one of the key words ('turq'),

tark = abandonment, desertion, relinquish

Regards

Umang

Umang Bali

Apr 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/27/98
to hri...@slb.com

turk-e-wafaa = desertion of faith/loyalty

Regards

Umang

Hrishi Dixit

Apr 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/27/98
to Umang Bali

> > Hum se diiwane kahin turq-e-wafaa karte hain
> > ^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > As for what it means, I'm quite clueless, having missed out on the
> > meaning of one of the key words ('turq'),
>

> tark = abandonment, desertion, relinquish
>
> turk-e-wafaa = desertion of faith/loyalty

(satisfied_grin) not bad... my guess wasn't TOO off-key :-)

Thanks for the linguistic clarification.

..Hrishi

Anil Hingorani

Apr 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/28/98

Hemlata N Khemani wrote:

> BTW I hope Anil is not calling this song "dil ka diya jala ke gaya" as a
> "class" song! 'cause I personally think of this song as one of the
> lousiest Lata songs. If this is a class, I would rather not have the
> "vintage" pulav and prefer my fav warm, light idli(doo).:))

Being presumtuous again:-) I was referring to Lata/Chitragupta songs
in general. However, this particular song is quite pleasant. It is
a just matter of opinion that you think this is 'lousy' and you like
'idli(doo)' better. I can't argue with that. But, do listen to the
songs of Lata/Chitragupta and tell me if you don't think she reserved
her special "voice"(if you will) for his compositions, a la her CR
songs.

Hemlata N Khemani

Apr 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/28/98

On Tue, 28 Apr 1998, Anil Hingorani wrote:

> Hemlata N Khemani wrote:
> >
> > BTW I hope Anil is not calling this song "dil ka diya jala ke gaya" as a
> > "class" song! 'cause I personally think of this song as one of the
> > lousiest Lata songs. If this is a class, I would rather not have the
> > "vintage" pulav and prefer my fav warm, light idli(doo).:))
> >

> Being presumtuous again:-) I was referring to Lata/Chitragupta songs
> in general.

:) Didn't I say "I hope" rather than "I am sure" or "I am saying so most
definitely" or ......

> a just matter of opinion that you think this is 'lousy' and you like
> 'idli(doo)' better. I can't argue with that. But, do listen to the
> songs of Lata/Chitragupta and tell me if you don't think she reserved
> her special "voice"(if you will) for his compositions, a la her CR
> songs.

yes in general their songs are very nice, or even classy, if you will.
But I don't think she had any "reservations" about her voice. True, her
voice was special and it was for everyone. Many of her songs for so many
MDs are just simply...."classic". if you mean an inherent pleasantness
in voice, well that I think depends on mood. It is quite possible for
someone to like/love person A and be in a good mood and hence sound too
good while singing a song for person B. Let's take the theory inn that
article posted by Kalyan. Say guru Dutt used to wait for geeta when she
was recording songs. Now Geeta knows about this and is very blissful etc
etc and the MD asks her to sing "phulwa band mahke" song. She hates this
MD, but the "other" feeling overrides any unpleasantness and the outcome?
-An awesome song which will be a class of its own. I am not saying that
Lata hated Chitragupta or anything, even if she did i wouldn't know and
wouldn't care a bit, but if a singer is doing a goood job, I don't think
it is because she has "reserved her special voice for an MD". It can be
true but it is not a "necessary" condition.:)
okay, that's it for today's "pravachan".

Hema.

neha...@hotmail.com

Apr 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/28/98

In article <Pine.GSO.3.96L.98042...@unixs1.cis.pitt.edu>,
Hemlata says...

>MDs are just simply...."classic". if you mean an inherent pleasantness
>in voice, well that I think depends on mood. It is quite possible for
>someone to like/love person A and be in a good mood and hence sound too
>good while singing a song for person B. Let's take the theory inn that

You mean liking and loving would put a person in a good enough mood to deliver
good renditions, but genuine respect for a MD's composing ability does not
account for anything?

--
Neha

Hemlata N Khemani

Apr 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/28/98

Alright, now we are at a point of distorted conversations. Read my post
again. maybe you'll find the words *"it is not a necessary condition"*.
There can be many conditions for eliciting a certain mood, which is what
my point was really. I had given just one example.
Would it be okay, if tomorrow I say "just read the responses of neha to
hema's posts, seems like she must have really hated(or even liked a lot)
her"? Even if that is true (I am sure it is not), hey there could be
various reasons for displeasure showing in her posts, her boss might have
reprimanded her, she might have spilled coffee on her dress or perhaps a
black cat might have crossed her path...:)) See.......?
Now if she has that "special" writing style, hey it's for everyone, not
just for me, right? If she posts some really nice song lyrics, its not
that she really likes the RMIMers a lot, its just that she could be having
a perfect mood due to any other reason and it reflects in her writing and
makes it all the more enjoyable.

Alright, no more lectures from me, otherwise i will have to change my
major to Philosophy or Psychology and i don't want to do that.

hema.

Bhawani Singh

May 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/2/98
to Umang Bali

Umang Bali wrote:

> Hrishi Dixit wrote:
> >
> > > hamse diiwane kahin tar ke vafaa karte hain [what does this mean]
> >
> > I think that line goes
> > Hum se diiwane kahin turq-e-wafaa karte hain
> > ^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > As for what it means, I'm quite clueless, having missed out on the
> > meaning of one of the key words ('turq'),
>
> tark = abandonment, desertion, relinquish
>
> Regards
>
> Umang

"Tarq" means a discussion with point-counterpoint. In hindi this would
be tarq(point) vitarq(counterpoint). In principle, the phrase means
that "she" is undertaking an "intellectual" discussion with reagrds to
'wafa'.

This I think is the beauty of urdu and its pithy use of phrases.

Bhawani Singh