Hip-hop in the year 2018...

Fee

Jul 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/21/98
Where will hip-hop be in 20 years??
I just got back from visiting our future - and it doesn't
look pretty. check it out:

Company Flow - As they got more and more play on MTV and
BET, they started sounding more and more commercial. Now that
they got a taste of the cash, they went all out. They even got
signed to a major and payed Puffy to remix and rhyme on a song.

Wu-Tang Clan - Of course they are ledgendary in 20 years, with
2 releases by every member (except for Tical 2, we are still waiting
for that to drop). Soon after, "The Best of Wu-Tang" compilation albums
started coming out. Ol' Dirty was kicked out of the group because of the
embarrasments and constant drunkeness. Wu spin-off groups dominated
the entire music industry. Almost every group in hip-hop sounds
like Wu and has some affiliation to them (i.e. the emcee is Rza's dad's
barber's son). They even have some rock groups singing about choppin
necks.

KRS-One - daam, Kris is 50+ with grey hair! He's still
a mainstay of hip-hop and is still well-respected (he
didn't do anymore Sprite commercials). He started up
his own record label and hip-hop fans look at him as we
look at Grandmaster Flash now.

Redman - 45 years old and still rhyming about smokin blunts.
"I got a slight problem....I smoke weed too much/
I got my social security check and rolled it up like a dutch"

Nas - After taking all that shit about him falling off on "It was
Written" and "The Firm: The Album".....He went out and got all
the producers from his first album (Primo, LES, Pete Rock, Extra P,
Q-Tip) and came out with Illmatic part 2 - regaining his street credibility

and the rawness he was lacking of late. He is now *the* artist that
everyone wants to do a song with.

Foxy Brown - 40 years old and still rhyming about her ill nana.
"Sittin topless on the beaches of Santa Domingo,
the security ask me to put my top on, but I don't go,
I love it when I spread my legs in the sand,
but ever since I turned 40, I can't get a man"

Cypress Hill - They have never been the same since B-Real
died of a drug overdose.

Mase - who??

Canibus - He released another record dissin LL and was shot a few days
later. The wierd thing is that he was killed on the 13th hour of the 13th
day
of the 13th month, in 2013. And on his second album cover, there was a
picture of him ressurecting from the grave. And no autopsy was performed
either!, and it was a closed casket funeral! Conspiracy theorists believe
his
death was just a publicity stunt to raise record sales.

Cam'Ron - who??

Tupac - Turns out that he was really alive after all. It was all just a
hoax
so he could get out of Suge's Death Row Records (who was ripping him
off). He and Biggie (oh did I mention that B.I.G. is still alive?) signed
Aftermath and came out wth a joint album.

Master P & No Limit crew - After releasing one "No Limit" album every
week for five years, they finally ran out of rhymes. You can only rhyme
about "ice Cream" and guns for so long. Master P and co. started rhyming
about real shit. Master P/Common Sense songs began appearing, along
with Mystikal/Goodie Mob and Soldier slim/Roots tracks.
No Limit started focusing on rhymes and put out albums once a year
instead on 12 a year.

Tiger Woods - Following the same path as Shaq, T-Woods put out a
couple albums. T-Woods first single (produced by the trackmasters)
blew the fuck up!! It was called "Drive, Chip, Putt".

Thats all for now...more coming soon.
Peace,
Fee

Fee

Jul 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/21/98

Steve Juon

Jul 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/21/98
to Fee
Fee wrote:
> Wu-Tang Clan - Of course they are ledgendary in 20 years, with
> 2 releases by every member (except for Tical 2, we are still waiting
> for that to drop).

*ROFL*

> Redman - 45 years old and still rhyming about smokin blunts.
> "I got a slight problem....I smoke weed too much/
> I got my social security check and rolled it up like a dutch"

*ROFLMAO*

> Foxy Brown - 40 years old and still rhyming about her ill nana.

*falling out his chair*

> Mase - who??

*uncontrollable fits of laughter*

> Tiger Woods - Following the same path as Shaq, T-Woods put out a
> couple albums. T-Woods first single (produced by the trackmasters)
> blew the fuck up!! It was called "Drive, Chip, Putt".

I can see it now!
"Drive, Chip, Putt, Play
Tiger Woods rocks the course all day ery'day
Play, Putt, Chip, Drive
Tiger cruisin in his Ford Explorer, twenty-twenty-five/"

--
Mr. Steven J. Juon (sj...@stretchmedia.com) 'Web Design Consultant'
Stretch Media: "Expanding business opportunities.. online and in print"

Fee

Jul 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/21/98
What does *ROFLMAO* mean??
I just figured out the other day that LOL meant
"laughing out loud"....Someone clue me in...

One Love,
Fee

----------------------
"Lick my p*ssy, buy me Versace!!!" - Foxy Brown

B. David Harrison

Jul 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/21/98
On 21 Jul 1998, Fee wrote:

> What does *ROFLMAO* mean??

Rolling
On the
Floor
Laughing
My
Ass
Off

(I would have included a "T", thus making it ROTFLMAO)

Either way, the Redman line was great.

David Harrison
Live from Seattle

"Life ain't a game, so why you want to be a player?" - Khujo

AgEnT CaGe

Jul 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/21/98
yo you need 2 do some more of those those are some of the funniest things i
have ever read

"Rap is something you do Hip-Hop is something you live"-KRSone
"i'am the probable the only one wild enough to shoot you with a knife and stabe
you with a gun"-Eminem

dls

Jul 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/22/98
agen...@aol.com (AgEnT CaGe) writes:

>yo you need 2 do some more of those those are some of the funniest things i
>have ever read

Damn! As has been the case more and more these days, I
am not getting all of rmhh's posts. Would somebody
mind forwarding me the first pots on this thread?

peace,

dls

Rotten Travesty

Jul 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/22/98
> From: "Fee" <feecN...@fcbe.edu.on.ca>

I don't mean to diss (actually, I do) but that was one of the wackest
posts that I've read on rmhh in a while.

That was really weak.
--
Rotten Travesty
ar...@chebucto.ns.ca

"stupid deejays would give their right arm to be ambidextrous"-Buck65

Wise Rebel

Jul 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/22/98
"Fee" writes:

>Nas - After taking all that shit about him falling off on "It was
>Written" and "The Firm: The Album".....He went out and got all
>the producers from his first album (Primo, LES, Pete Rock, Extra P,
>Q-Tip) and came out with Illmatic part 2 - regaining his street credibility

This is off the topic. But LES is a wack producer. The joint he did on
Illmatic was dope. But almost everything else I hear from him is mediocore.

Wise

Tim.

Jul 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/22/98

Fee <feecN...@fcbe.edu.on.ca> wrote in article
<01bdb4df$0d6a0300$c0c0c5c0@gjxwysqy>...

> Where will hip-hop be in 20 years??
> I just got back from visiting our future - and it doesn't
> look pretty. check it out:
>
> Company Flow - As they got more and more play on MTV and
> BET, they started sounding more and more commercial. Now that
> they got a taste of the cash, they went all out. They even got
> signed to a major and payed Puffy to remix and rhyme on a song.

It will get harder and harder for Puffy to fit "yeah yeah's" in between
El-P's lines.

> Wu-Tang Clan - Of course they are ledgendary in 20 years, with
> 2 releases by every member (except for Tical 2, we are still waiting
> for that to drop).

LOL!!!

> Soon after, "The Best of Wu-Tang" compilation albums
> started coming out. Ol' Dirty was kicked out of the group because of the

> embarrasments and constant drunkeness. Wu spin-off groups dominated
> the entire music industry. Almost every group in hip-hop sounds
> like Wu and has some affiliation to them (i.e. the emcee is Rza's dad's
> barber's son). They even have some rock groups singing about choppin
> necks.

yeeEEH!

> KRS-One - daam, Kris is 50+ with grey hair! He's still
> a mainstay of hip-hop and is still well-respected (he
> didn't do anymore Sprite commercials). He started up
> his own record label and hip-hop fans look at him as we
> look at Grandmaster Flash now.

Word!

> Redman - 45 years old and still rhyming about smokin blunts.
> "I got a slight problem....I smoke weed too much/
> I got my social security check and rolled it up like a dutch"

Hur hur! He'll be the next John Witherspoon.

> Nas - After taking all that shit about him falling off on "It was
> Written" and "The Firm: The Album".....He went out and got all
> the producers from his first album (Primo, LES, Pete Rock, Extra P,
> Q-Tip) and came out with Illmatic part 2 - regaining his street
credibility

> and the rawness he was lacking of late. He is now *the* artist that
> everyone wants to do a song with.

hmmm....

> Foxy Brown - 40 years old and still rhyming about her ill nana.

> "Sittin topless on the beaches of Santa Domingo,
> the security ask me to put my top on, but I don't go,
> I love it when I spread my legs in the sand,
> but ever since I turned 40, I can't get a man"

She'll be the Millie Jackson of Hip Hop.

> Cypress Hill - They have never been the same since B-Real
> died of a drug overdose.
>
> Mase - who??
>
> Canibus - He released another record dissin LL and was shot a few days
> later. The wierd thing is that he was killed on the 13th hour of the
13th
> day
> of the 13th month, in 2013. And on his second album cover, there was a
> picture of him ressurecting from the grave. And no autopsy was performed

> either!, and it was a closed casket funeral! Conspiracy theorists
believe
> his
> death was just a publicity stunt to raise record sales.

questions of his sexuality arise.....

> Cam'Ron - who??
>
> Tupac - Turns out that he was really alive after all. It was all just
> hoax
> so he could get out of Suge's Death Row Records (who was ripping him
> off). He and Biggie (oh did I mention that B.I.G. is still alive?)
signed
> Aftermath and came out wth a joint album.
>
> Master P & No Limit crew - After releasing one "No Limit" album every
> week for five years, they finally ran out of rhymes. You can only rhyme
> about "ice Cream" and guns for so long. Master P and co. started rhyming
> about real shit. Master P/Common Sense songs began appearing, along
> with Mystikal/Goodie Mob and Soldier slim/Roots tracks.
> No Limit started focusing on rhymes and put out albums once a year
> instead on 12 a year.

Woah.

> Tiger Woods - Following the same path as Shaq, T-Woods put out a
> couple albums. T-Woods first single (produced by the trackmasters)
> blew the fuck up!! It was called "Drive, Chip, Putt".

He releases his first book entitled "Why I Am A Gangsta."

Fee

Jul 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/22/98
Dear Mr. Rotten,
Thanks ever so much for the creative critism!
However, i didn't write that post with you reading
it in mind. Next time, I'll try to go slower and
leave the big words out. you know....with you being
from the Maritimes up here in Canada and all.

Next time I'll spell the words how they sound too.
Hope that'll help.

-Fee

----------------------
"This thing called rhymin, no different from coal mining
We're both on assignment to unearth the diamond"
- Mos Def

L Key 504

Jul 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/22/98
>Mase - who??

Let's hope so.

>Master P & No Limit crew - After releasing one "No Limit" album every <BR>
>week for five years, they finally ran out of rhymes. You can only rhyme <BR>
>about "ice Cream" and guns for so long. Master P and co. started rhyming<BR>
>about real shit.
>with Mystikal/Goodie Mob

Too late, it's already been done. He was on the Dirty South Remix. It came
out before he joined No Limit though.

Even technicians can't repair the mic I spit on
I'm too underground to dance with that shiny shit on --Redman

The Funklord... Grandmaster Flash

Jul 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/22/98
L Key 504 wrote:
> Too late, it's already been done. He was on the Dirty South Remix. It came
> out before he joined No Limit though.

Mystikal did a Dirty South remix with Goodie Mob? WANT THAT!!
*screams like the puppet animatronics little baby Dinosaur(TM)*
WANT THAT!! WANT THAT!! WANT THAT!!

Even if I wasn't a diehard Goodie Mob fan or a Mystikal supporter
I'd want it just to hear how live that shit was with all of them
on the same track anyway!

Was it pressed to twelve inch or was it promo only?

--
The Funklord... Grandmaster Flash: "Gettin hip -- on the mothership"
Author: RFD and CFV --> rec.music.hip-hop E-Mail --> remove 'nospam'
Suite 101's Hip-Hop --> http://www.suite101.com/topics/page.cfm/116
Rap Lyrics Archive --> http://www.ohhla.com/
181.4 Hip-Hop Today --> http://www.181-4.com/

Rotten Travesty

Jul 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/22/98
You are wack. Who did you have in mind when you wrote that? 12 year olds?
Sorry bro, but I've noticed that most of your posts have no relevence at
all in the discussion on rmhh. Notes On the Run Eating? What kind of shit
was that? Stop biting.

Oh yeah, about the maritimes, we have emcees that could take out anybody,
anywhere. So, get off that bullshit. Oh, and by the way, I seem to
remember you saying that you didn't know how to spell some big words in
one of your earlier posts. You're wack, I'm just bringing it to the
forefront.

Oh yeah, get off makin' records jock.

Jason Michael Rzepka

Jul 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/22/98
Rotten Travesty <ar...@chebucto.ns.ca> wrote:
: You are wack. Who did you have in mind when you wrote that? 12 year olds?

: Sorry bro, but I've noticed that most of your posts have no relevence at
: all in the discussion on rmhh. Notes On the Run Eating? What kind of shit
: was that? Stop biting.

Word Up! It's about time somebody else called this punk ass out. He's
straight up disrespectful in half of the posts he puts up. Rude ass
foolish, jealous, plain stupid shit. I mean, somebody makes a post giving
props to Kari and right away he jumps in with "Get off his jock. I wish i
had groupie followers." YOUR A JEALOUS PUNK!

Christ, i write some wack ass rhyme about RMHH and right away he's
offended i didn't mention him. WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU? Your the fucking
recepticle for Canibus' cock is who you are. I think we should start a
petition to get rid of you.

The crazy thing is that people don't seem to mind. I'll admit that this
post here was half way clever, but you come across as an asshole way too
many times. "That's like saying i have a funny joke to tell you, and then
not telling it. Well, really it's not, but i'm drunk so...." You said
that being a regular is not important to you cause that signifies being a
computer nerd or something to that effect, and your posting to RMHH when
your drunk? I give up.....

....and FURTHERMORE, i went back and looked at our battle recently, and i
beat you with wack lyrics. I'll be the first one to admit it, i thought
over half my lyrics were weak or questionable....and people still thought
i won.

: You're wack, I'm just bringing it to the
: forefront.

Thank you.

chi-a-ski

ra...@my-dejanews.com

Jul 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/22/98
I have to say that was one of the best post in rmhh at that ive seen in a
while. It brightened up my day. It made me laugh. Just because it isnt some
serious comment doesnt me its wack. Fee keep doing your thing.

RALO

T. Tauri

Jul 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/22/98
Fee wrote:

> > Redman - 45 years old and still rhyming about smokin blunts.
> > "I got a slight problem....I smoke weed too much/
> > I got my social security check and rolled it up like a dutch"

It's funny 'cause it's true.

Peece,
T. Tauri

Rotten Travesty

Jul 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/22/98
>I have to say that was one of the best post in rmhh at that ive seen in a
>while. It brightened up my day. It made me laugh. Just because it isnt some
>serious comment doesnt me its wack. Fee keep doing your thing.
>
>RALO

>[5]http://www.dejanews.com/rg_mkgrp.xp Create Your Own Free Member Forum

From Fee's immortal words "get off his dick".

Fee

Jul 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/22/98
> From Fee's immortal words "get off his dick".

huh?? no no no...that's "get off his jock".
you'll learn soon. Like common said - "One Day
it will all make sense".

L Key 504

Jul 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/22/98
Flash wrote:
>Was it pressed to twelve inch or was it promo only?

Sorry, I have no idea. I heard it on the local radio station a long time
ago. I'm not sure, but I think somebody told me that it was on the Dirty South
single.

The song is pretty good. It doesn't sound anything like the original,
lyrically or musically. The song has a lot of bass in it, and it has Ceelo
singing the chorus. Good luck finding it.

David
aka Shinobi Slimm

Jason Michael Rzepka

Jul 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/22/98
Fee <feecN...@fcbe.edu.on.ca> wrote:
:> From Fee's immortal words "get off his dick".

: huh?? no no no...that's "get off his jock".

Same difference.

: you'll learn soon. Like common said - "One Day

: it will all make sense".

Please enlighten us all with your wisdom o great and omnipotent one.

chi-a-ski

ra...@my-dejanews.com

Jul 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/23/98
In article <6p5lbl$vam$1...@uwm.edu>,

Jason Michael Rzepka <r...@csd.uwm.edu> wrote:
> Fee <feecN...@fcbe.edu.on.ca> wrote:
> :> From Fee's immortal words "get off his dick".
>
> : huh?? no no no...that's "get off his jock".

Learn how to take a compliment. And thank you all for noticing me.

Rotten Travesty

Jul 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/23/98
> Reply to: [1]"Fee"

>huh?? no no no...that's "get off his jock".
>you'll learn soon. Like common said - "One Day
>it will all make sense".
>
>-Fee

Yeah, you probably only own one common album. Fuckin' herb. Like my man
said "I see the bitch in yoo".

Mathew Chakko

Jul 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/23/98
In article <199807222112...@ladder01.news.aol.com>, lke...@aol.com (L Key 504) wrote:
>Flash wrote:
>>Was it pressed to twelve inch or was it promo only?
>
> Sorry, I have no idea. I heard it on the local radio station a long time
>ago. I'm not sure, but I think somebody told me that it was on the Dirty South
>single.

I should be getting a dub of this in the next few days, actually!

* Mathew Chakko http://expert.cc.purdue.edu/~mchakko *
* mch...@bilbo.bio.purdue.edu *
* *
* I guess nobody told you a little knowledge is dangerous *
* It can't be mixed, diluted, it can't be changed or switched *
* - Rakim "Follow the Leader" *

Fee

Jul 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/23/98
Daam chebucto....ya never know when to
let it go...

One Love,

patrickl...@gmail.com

Jan 9, 2018, 6:49:12 PM1/9/18
Now that it's 2018. This post is now hilarious!