RAPPER T.I. ARRESTED ON GUN CHARGES, FACES A POSSIBLE 5-12 YEAR SENTENCE IF CONVICTED

crook...@yahoo.com

Oct 14, 2007, 4:54:11 AM10/14/07
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071014/ap_en_tv/people_t_i

ATLANTA - Grammy-winning rapper T.I. was arrested Saturday - just
hours before he was to perform at the BET Hip-Hop Awards - in a
parking lot where federal officials said he planned to pick up machine
guns and silencers his bodyguard bought for him.

T.I., born Clifford Harris, is charged with possession of unregistered
machine guns and silencers, as well as possession of firearms by a
convicted felon. Harris was in federal custody, said U.S. attorney's
office spokesman Patrick Crosby, who would not disclose his location.

Sydney Margetson, a spokesman for T.I.'s label, Atlantic Records,
declined to comment Saturday evening.

The arrest resulted from an investigation that began this month. A
federal firearms dealer told the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms
and Explosives that a man was inquiring about buying a machine gun
without registering the weapon as required, according to a criminal
complaint filed Saturday in U.S. District Court in Atlanta.

After trying to buy several machine guns from an undercover ATF agent,
the unnamed person began cooperating with the government and said he
was buying the machine guns and silencers for Harris, the complaint
said. The bodyguard said that he had bought about nine firearms for
Harris, and that the rapper had given him cash to buy guns four times,
the complaint said.

Harris brokered the deals through the bodyguard because the rapper is
a convicted felon, the complaint alleged. It is against federal law
for a convicted felon to have another person get firearms on their
behalf.

The 27-year-old rapper arranged to meet with the bodyguard Saturday to
exchange cash for weapons, the complaint said. After his arrest in the
shopping center parking lot not far from the awards show, agents found
three firearms in the vehicle he was driving, including a loaded
firearm between the driver's seat and center console, according to the
complaint.

As the awards were being taped in Atlanta on Saturday night, federal
authorities were still searching T.I.'s home in East Point, about 15
miles southwest of the city.

Agents found six guns in a closet, including three allegedly bought by
the bodyguard for the rapper last month, according to the complaint.
Five were loaded, agents said.

T.I. had been expected to perform at the BET show, which is to be
broadcast Wednesday, and was nominated in nine categories. Instead,
the rapper was noticeably absent from red carpet festivities before
the show began at 6 p.m.

The co-chief executive of Grand Hustle Records won three awards at
last year's inaugural BET Hip-Hop Awards and received nine nominations
this year, including CD of the Year, Lyricist of the Year and MVP of
the Year. His sixth album, "T.I. vs. T.I.P.," was released July 3 and
debuted at No. 1.

T.I. won two Grammys in 2006, including best rap/sung collaboration
for "My Love" with Justin Timberlake. He also hit the big screen in
"ATL" that year, and he has a role opposite Academy Award winners
Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe in "American Gangster," set for
release Nov. 2.

T.I. grew up in Atlanta and was selling crack by the time he was a
teenager. In 2004, warrants were issued for his arrest on probation
violations for a drug conviction, and he was sentenced to three years
behind bars. It wasn't clear Saturday how much of the sentence he
actually served.

robcypher.livejournal.com
(561) 454-2914

SyVyN11

Oct 14, 2007, 7:44:57 AM10/14/07

<crook...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071014/ap_en_tv/people_t_i
>
> ATLANTA - Grammy-winning rapper T.I. was arrested Saturday - just
> hours before he was to perform at the BET Hip-Hop Awards - in a
> parking lot where federal officials said he planned to pick up machine
> guns and silencers his bodyguard bought for him.

You didn't read the invitation, BYOSAGAB! (bring your own semi automatic
guns and bullets)

bozak

Oct 14, 2007, 10:37:26 AM10/14/07
Atlanta, home of the snitch...

David E. Powell

Oct 14, 2007, 11:47:50 AM10/14/07
Magnum, T.I.?

Magnum, T.A.?

David E. Powell

Oct 14, 2007, 11:48:33 AM10/14/07
On Oct 14, 10:37 am, " bozak" <___boz...@gmail.com___> wrote:
> Atlanta, home of the snitch...

Yeah like "No Snitching " Philly is somehow better with the sky high
murder rate. No.

bozak

Oct 14, 2007, 1:41:55 PM10/14/07

"David E. Powell" <David_Po...@msn.com> wrote in message

???

SyVyN11

Oct 14, 2007, 1:48:28 PM10/14/07

"David E. Powell" <David_Po...@msn.com> wrote in message

it's how those rap thugs think (or not think as the case may be).

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

bozak

Oct 14, 2007, 3:42:48 PM10/14/07

"SyVyN11" <robhor...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:fetkpq$hpi$1...@news.albasani.net...

yeah i prefer brain dead wrestlers... :-)

quest19...@webtv.net

Oct 14, 2007, 3:40:36 PM10/14/07
I'm sure Stanley Crouch is reading this and saying, "SEE, THAT'S what
I'm talking about with these gangsta rap guys...they're never too far
removed from the stuff they talk about and he's going where he belongs".
If all this stuff is true, he deserves to be put under the jail. In a
word....stupid. All that loud talk on the "Hip vs. America" and look at
him now. Ignorant.

comp...@hotmail.com

Oct 14, 2007, 4:27:30 PM10/14/07
On Oct 14, 1:27 pm, Long Rod Silver wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 01:54:11 -0700, crookedj...@yahoo.com wrote:
> >T.I., born Clifford Harris
>
> T.I. stand for Terribly Ignorant?

He's not ignorant. He knows he has enought money to
buy his way out of jail time
The judge has no choice, it's about money.
This crapper won't be doing any jail time.

Gooserider

Oct 14, 2007, 4:29:52 PM10/14/07

" bozak" <___b...@gmail.com___> wrote in message

> Atlanta, home of the snitch...

More like home of the dumbass rapper.

David E. Powell

Oct 14, 2007, 4:33:34 PM10/14/07
On Oct 14, 1:41 pm, " bozak" <___boz...@gmail.com___> wrote:
> "David E. Powell" <David_Powell3...@msn.com> wrote in messagenews:1192376913....@v23g2000prn.googlegroups.com...

> > On Oct 14, 10:37 am, " bozak" <___boz...@gmail.com___> wrote:
> >> Atlanta, home of the snitch...
>
> > Yeah like "No Snitching " Philly is somehow better with the sky high
> > murder rate. No.
>
> ???

One of the big reasons for Philly's high crime rate is the silence in
the high crime areas, witnesses and their families have been killed in
the past.

David E. Powell

Oct 14, 2007, 4:33:54 PM10/14/07
On Oct 14, 2:27 pm, Long Rod Silver wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 01:54:11 -0700, crookedj...@yahoo.com wrote:
> > just
> >hours before he was to perform at the BET Hip-Hop Awards -
>
> hahahah REPRE-fucking-SENT!!
>
> ATF agents to do sweeps at every Vibe, Essence, Jet, Bet,..etc award
> show for guns and dope.. they'd make hundreds of arrests!

They busted Snoop Dogg at the Jay Leno show.

Gregory Morrow

Oct 14, 2007, 7:11:19 PM10/14/07
bozak wrote:

> Atlanta, home of the snitch...

You mean Maryanne "Loafhead" Kehoe...???

--
Best
Greg

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

kkd...@bellsouth.net

Oct 15, 2007, 11:44:45 AM10/15/07
On Oct 14, 10:37 am, " bozak" <___boz...@gmail.com___> wrote:
> Atlanta, home of the snitch...

how ghetto, protect your bro mentallity is sub human , A thug
shoots someone bozak thinks protect this guy, he's good,
carjacking? shhhh everyone we want (our favorite thug) to do some
more carjackings and then shoot some innocent citizen,
killing dogs? & throwing other animals in a pit with crazed dogs?
sshhhh protect these people they are good for our society, were
picking on him (Vick) because (say it Bozak whip out that card
tatooed to your forehead) he is black, no because he's a piece of
shit that happens to be black.

Bozak never met a Thug piece of shit loser, who steals, rapes, beats,
and robs their way through life that he didn't love. yo

kkd...@bellsouth.net

Oct 15, 2007, 11:50:05 AM10/15/07
On Oct 14, 3:42 pm, " bozak" <___boz...@gmail.com___> wrote:
> "SyVyN11" <robhorine...@yahoo.com> wrote in messagenews:fetkpq$hpi$1...@news.albasani.net...
>
> > "David E. Powell" <David_Powell3...@msn.com> wrote in message

> >> Yeah like "No Snitching " Philly is somehow better with the sky high
> >> murder rate. No.
>
> > it's how those rap thugs think (or not think as the case may be).
>
> yeah i prefer brain dead wrestlers... :-)

Bozak loves crimminal thugs, who rob, beat, steal, carjack, or
whatever. he's right at home hanging out if front of the local store
with his pals on the street corner, looking at anybody who drives by
with a pissed off look on his face, and that race card tattooed to his
head nowhatimsayin?

kkd...@bellsouth.net

Oct 15, 2007, 11:54:14 AM10/15/07
On Oct 14, 4:33 pm, "David E. Powell" <David_Powell3...@msn.com>
wrote:

Utopia for bozak, oops sorry I think Haiti is perfect for bozak,
the thug gangs rule everything, they have all the good citizens hiding
or fleeing the country, thats bozaks way

swhit...@yahoo.com

Oct 24, 2007, 11:44:14 AM10/24/07
On Oct 14, 4:27 pm, compto...@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Oct 14, 1:27 pm, Long Rod Silver wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 01:54:11 -0700, crookedj...@yahoo.com wrote:
> > >T.I., born Clifford Harris
>
> >T.I.stand for Terribly Ignorant?

> He's not ignorant. He knows he has enought money to
> buy his way out of jail time
> The judge has no choice, it's about money.
> This crapper won't be doing any jail time.

Its sad to see such a young influential person go to jail or even just
in the new headlines for making such stupid decisions. TI has proven
himself to be a very motivated positive individual in his music listen
tot he lyrics in big things poppin.. he says basically no one can stop
you from reaching your goals but you. the first 4 bars of the verse
"Do it to the maximum, take it why you asking them?
Don't listen to them suckas when they say you too irrational.
See I said I was king and them lames started laughing
Saying sucker now I want the king on the track with em"
proclaim that you can make it to the top despite the nay sayers.
So this is by no means someone that is ignorant. TI proved that when
he appeared on the BET special "Hip-Hop vs America" where he brought
up some very interesting points as to why the music industry is the
way that it is and his and other rappers reasoning behind their lyrics
and the fact and fiction of the entertainment world as a whole.
So is TI ingnorant? No
Did he make a bad decision? Yes