dead buddies over the years

Leslie Sommers

Aug 16, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/16/95
I have spent the last week not only mourning the passing of Jerry but
also thinking about all the lasting friendships I have made over the
last 25 years through the Grateful Dead. Sadly many people are no
longer with us... I would like to list some of the names of the loved
people who are now gone and invite others to contribute their own.

Mark Alderman
Peter Jester
Matt Powell
Tabatha
Jerry Gee
John D'arpinian
Keith Godchaux
Mark from the bronx.
Jerry Garcia
Al Emannuel

May they all rest in peace.

Robert Sommers <ax...@ix.netcom.com>

John Wight

Aug 19, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/19/95

On 17 Aug 95 03:51am, ax...@ix.netcom.com wrote to All:

a> longer with us... I would like to list some of the names of the loved
a> people who are now gone and invite others to contribute their own.

There is my friend Kurt Christy who got me started on this long, strange
trip with Jerry. He died of a drug overdose celebrating the birth of a
healthy child. Also, he left behind a wife (by the name of Little Wing) and
a child, that I never had the chance to meet, because I was not able to make
it to as many shows as Kurt. I also found out about his death at a dead show
- goes to show how important the Grateful Dead is in my most important circle
of friends. If anyone can help me to find Little Wing and child, I would be
forever grateful. My friend Kurt is dead, so it is very important to me to
be able to see those he left behind. Those with any information can write
to me at:

John Wight
1099 Green Street, #209
Honolulu, HI 96822

We met in the Seattle area in 1977 when I was 14 and he was about 17. He and
his sister Dana were among the biggest dead fans I have ever known, and I
perhaps Dana is still around to share the sorrow, joy and music.

As I reflect on all of this, I think about the friends left behind, and I'm
quite grateful for all the family that has managed to stay around.
--
| Fidonet: 1:345/200
| Hawaii Supernet: John Wight 91:1000/15
| Internet: john....@cocolib.hi.net
| From The Color Computer Library in Honolulu, USA +1-808-545-8368

tigert...@gmail.com

May 21, 2020, 5:23:39 PM5/21/20
Peter Jester was a buddy of mine. How well did you know him?