what is the total number of grateful dead shows performed?

Aloha Kenn

Jul 23, 2009, 9:27:54 PM7/23/09

Jul 23, 2009, 9:38:29 PM7/23/09

Jul 23, 2009, 10:03:53 PM7/23/09

Jul 24, 2009, 12:16:24 AM7/24/09

Jul 24, 2009, 12:47:17 AM7/24/09

Ray O'Hara

Jul 24, 2009, 11:31:24 AM7/24/09

"marcman" <marcman...@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:92641e93-be66-4a3e...@h18g2000yqj.googlegroups.com...

On Jul 23, 9:38 pm, "Chuck Stearns" <cstearn...@bresnan.net> wrote:
> 2,318 according to Deadbase

2,317.

Deadbase includes 5/8/77.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------why do you think that is a fake concert?for years I've been seeing this claim, but there is the recording, there arereviews which seems a lot of trouble to go through for nothing.

marcman

Jul 24, 2009, 12:04:09 PM7/24/09
On Jul 24, 11:31 am, "Ray O'Hara" <raymond-oh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "marcman" <marcmanstud...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Jul 23, 9:38 pm, "Chuck Stearns" <cstearn...@bresnan.net> wrote:
>
> > 2,318 according to Deadbase
>
> 2,317.
>
> Deadbase includes 5/8/77.
>
>  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­--why do you think that is a fake concert?for years I've been seeing this claim, but there is the recording, there arereviews which seems a lot of trouble to go through for nothing.

I'm going to use the same sort of logic that I have been inundated
with in the "Marc is an obsessive compulsive, self absorbed freak"
thread to answer your question . . .

I know that 5/8/77 was a fake because I wasn't there. Since I wasn't
there, it must not have happened.

bigrr

Jul 24, 2009, 3:40:02 PM7/24/09
In article
<4ed11b28-862d-41fb...@k6g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>,
marcman <marcman...@gmail.com> wrote:

Actually, I think the logical end of that kind of thinking is "Since I
wasn't there, it doesn't matter if it happened or not."

marcman

Jul 24, 2009, 3:42:36 PM7/24/09
On Jul 24, 3:40 pm, bigrr <bi...@huh.com> wrote:
> In article
> <4ed11b28-862d-41fb-9647-3782103d7...@k6g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>,

Yes, of course, that would be much more logical .. . I was going for
an example of the illogical.

Greg

Jul 24, 2009, 10:55:27 PM7/24/09
"Ray O'Hara" <raymon...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>2,317.
>
>Deadbase includes 5/8/77.

>why do you think that is a fake concert?for years I've been seeing this claim,
>but there is the recording, there arereviews which seems a lot of
>trouble to go through for nothing.

No birth certificate.

--
Greg
phobos78-marslink-net

Ken Fortenberry

Jul 24, 2009, 11:22:58 PM7/24/09
Ray O'Hara wrote:
> Deadbase includes 5/8/77.
>
> why do you think that is a fake concert? ...

Nobody thinks it's a fake concert.

Once upon a time someone wrote a clever story about CIA
mind games and the 5/8/77 "story" has been used as an
rmgd inside "joke" ever since.

--
Ken Fortenberry

x...@xxx.com

Jul 24, 2009, 11:30:12 PM7/24/09
Ken Fortenberry wrote:

ML can fill you in if you are willing to send her a vial of blood. You
might want to stop asking questions now, My Perception is: Now Things
Are Precarious. Never trust people who ask questions, 97% of them are
spies. Who sent him?

pol...@my-deja.com

Jul 25, 2009, 5:18:57 AM7/25/09

> > 2,318 according to Deadbase
>
> 2,317.
>
> Deadbase includes 5/8/77.

Interestingly, the coffee mug sold by Greatful Dead Merch, liste 2,317

> > "Aloha Kenn" <violet...@comcast.net> wrote in message

> > > ssia
>
> > > mahalo- Hide quoted text -

bigrr

Jul 25, 2009, 9:48:02 AM7/25/09
In article
<aefbadef-71be-448b...@y28g2000prd.googlegroups.com>,
<pol...@my-deja.com> wrote:

> > > 2,318 according to Deadbase
> >
> > 2,317.
> >
> > Deadbase includes 5/8/77.
> >
> Interestingly, the coffee mug sold by Greatful Dead Merch, liste 2,317

Hah, in their freudian slip the truth comes out.

Just like the cover of the Life magazine that supposedly debunked the
whole "Paul Is Dead" thing. When you opened up the magazine and looked
at the cover picture of Paul McCartney with nothing behind the cover
page, the blocking of the ad on the other side of the page made it
appear as if the top of Paul's head was cut off. Another freudian slip
which told the truth. "I buried Paul", indeed.

The truth is that Sir Paul is a CIA clone, planted to lead to the
dissolution of the Beatles, the hounding of John Lennon and his
eventual assasination, and the failure of the promise of the 60's
counterculture. How else do you explain Wings?

Ray O'Hara

Jul 25, 2009, 8:00:51 PM7/25/09

"Ken Fortenberry" <kennethfo...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I first heard the "its the greatest show that never happened" long before I
ever encountered this group.

Ken Fortenberry

Jul 25, 2009, 8:09:26 PM7/25/09
Ray O'Hara wrote:

> "Ken Fortenberry" wrote:
>> Ray O'Hara wrote:
>>> Deadbase includes 5/8/77.
>>>
>>> why do you think that is a fake concert? ...
>> Nobody thinks it's a fake concert.
>>
>> Once upon a time someone wrote a clever story about CIA
>> mind games and the 5/8/77 "story" has been used as an
>> rmgd inside "joke" ever since.
>
> I first heard the "its the greatest show that never happened" long before I
> ever encountered this group.

Well, if you've encountered the same lame "joke" before
and you fell for it again that makes you dumber than the
average newbie who only falls for it once.

--
Ken Fortenberry

3jane.

Jul 25, 2009, 11:50:07 PM7/25/09
> Well, if you've encountered the same lame "joke" before
> and you fell for it again that makes you dumber than the
> average newbie who only falls for it once.

So you're saying it did happen?

Greg

Jul 26, 2009, 12:16:27 AM7/26/09
"3jane." <q3j...@yahoo.com> wrote:

No, the tapes were just made up from a compilation of songs from other
shows on that tour. At some point somebody figured out exactly which
show each song was taken from. That list has been posted here in the
past.

3jane.

Jul 26, 2009, 12:36:58 AM7/26/09
> >So you're saying it did happen?
>
> No, the tapes were just made up from a compilation of songs from other
> shows on that tour.  At some point somebody figured out exactly which
> show each song was taken from.  That list has been posted here in the
> past.

I'm pretty sure this is revisionist history.

Pepe Papon

Jul 26, 2009, 4:49:02 AM7/26/09
On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 21:36:58 -0700 (PDT), "3jane." <q3j...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

No, the list has definitely been posted.
--
~ Seth Jackson

MySpace URL - http://www.myspace.com/sethjacksonsong
Songwriting and Music Business Info: http://www.sethjackson.net

Message has been deleted

Greg

Jul 26, 2009, 11:00:55 PM7/26/09
Pepe Papon <hitme...@mindspring.dot.com.invalid> wrote:

>>> No, the tapes were just made up from a compilation of songs from other
>>> shows on that tour. �At some point somebody figured out exactly which
>>> show each song was taken from. �That list has been posted here in the
>>> past.
>>
>>I'm pretty sure this is revisionist history.
>
>No, the list has definitely been posted.

Found it.

"BARTON HALL, ITHACA, NY 5/8/77"

Track listing Actual Source
------------ ---------------
1.Minglewood Blues [4:47] Winterland 3/20/77
2.Loser [7:30] Springfield 4/23/77
3.El Paso [4:22] Chicago 5/13/77
4.They Love Each Other [6:59] Lakeland 5/21/77
5.Jack Straw [6:00] Tempe 10/6/77
6.Deal [5:43] St. Paul 5/11/77
7.Lazy Lightnin' [3:29] > St. Louis 5/15/77
8.Supplication [4:21] "
9.Brown-Eyed Women [5:12] Winterland 6/8/77
10.Mama Tried [2:37] Seattle 9/29/77
11.Row Jimmy [10:52] Fox, Atlanta 5/19/77
12.Dancin' in the Streets [15:43] Pembroke Pines 5/22/77 (DP3)

Set II:

13.Scarlet Begonias [9:14] > ???
14.Fire on the Mountain [15:21] ???
15.Estimated Prophet [8:32] Passaic NJ 4/27/77
16.St. Stephen [4:43] > Mostly Passaic NJ 6/18/76
17.Not Fade Away [16:22] > with some tricky splicing of the
18.St. Stephen [1:53] > middle of an unidentifed NFA
19.Morning Dew [13:36] Cow Palace 12/31/76

Encore:

20.One More Saturday Night [4:54] Springfield 4/23/77

Here's the link: http://www.agitators.com/gd/5877.html

Dave

Jul 27, 2009, 2:45:41 AM7/27/09

Being of a nitpicking disposition, I have checked this list of sources
out. It's not even moderately convincing..
Dave

Greg

Jul 27, 2009, 9:43:18 PM7/27/09
Dave <new...@ihug.co.nz> wrote:

But if you don't check, it's very convincing!

3jane.

Jul 27, 2009, 10:32:44 PM7/27/09
> >Being of a nitpicking disposition, I have checked this list of sources
> >out.  It's not even moderately convincing..
> >Dave
>
> But if you don't check, it's very convincing!

Well if you know it never happened it is very very convincing.